Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's - Religion (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's (805626 Views)

Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / You See Demons, Angels Spirits? Come Here Quick Before It Is Too Late / The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by folash: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
This just happened last night, I had a dream, and in the dream I was lying down somewhere and this scary looking creature was trying to attack me, the creature was trying to scare me, buh i wasn't scared, I started rebuking it in the name of the Lord, I was so bold and confronting it heads on, then later I jst started laughing, i laughed so hard, and i woke up suddenly still laughing, then I saw them; right in my room, two very tall demons, they were holding something that looked like a hand fan and were trying to fan me or something, I was still laughing, then they vanished. I got really angry in the spirit, then started praying and speaking in tongues, I pointed to the direction where I saw them and prayed with all boldness. I don't know why I was laughing in the dream right to the point where I woke up. Have never experienced something like this before. Of a truth greater is He that is in me than he that is in them. God is really with me. satan is fighting a lost battle. Glory be to God.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
analice107:

Sir you don't know how glad I am to have you here. You are just saying what I find myself doing recently. Fear of any kind is gone from me. Anytime threatened, I'll begin to thank God that he is allowing Satan to give me a testimony.

Satan gave me a testimony two years ago. I mentioned broadcast evangelism, but I didn't mention why I stopped going out for it. Not really because I wasn't seeing fruits. I knew God was responsible for the fruits.
One morning, I had come back from evangelizing , finished by study and devotion. I remembered something I needed to do. I needed wood to do it. Very small wood oo. The 2by2 wood. I just was cutting it into two, wen something hit my left eye like a thunderbolt. If I wasn't alone in that place, I would ve said, someone pulled and released a stone from a catapolt against me. The impart was so hard. That was how I would ve lost my left eye. I was rushed to the hospital. The doctor didn't believe when I told her what happened. She said, something from my hand, couldn't have caused that kind of an impact. It was just too severe to have caused by me. She asked if I fought with anyone, did my husband beat me? Why was I protecting him? A man who can do this can kill you, she said to me. I said, I wasn't married yet. She didn't believe me.
Instantly I was given treatment and drugs close to 20k. About a week later, I became OK. Though not seeing clearly from that eye. The impact left a scar very close to my conea. I was told how fortunate I was, because I almost would ve been blind in that eye.

2 weeks and some days later, it came back full force. I went back to the hospital. Eyes drops were changed, drugs were changed. The doctor didn't understand why the whole thing will come back after I was fine. Eye X-ray was taking to Check for infection, nothing. From then, Satan wanted to make sure I never wemt out of my house. It was becoming a more serious case than I thought. That was when I realized, it wasn't eye drop or drugs matter. Him look for trouble.
I attended an 'All night' where Bishop declared that 10yrs and beyond, we shall be healthy and won't have any need for drugs, and that if we were sick, we were healed. It was if he was talking to me directly. I believed it. when I got home, I packed all the drugs and drops and threw them away. And said 'Satan blind me if you can'. From that day till today, I never used no drop or drugs. I became OK. Then some time later, I woke up feeling like a
I had gel in that eye. It was itching like hell. I couldn't read my Bible. I had the urge to leave my devotion and attend to it, I refused. I wanted to check in the mirror, I resisted it. It was healed, full stop. Whatsoever the Lord doeth is forever. It's not coming back, I said. With my right eye, I read my Bible. Wen I finished, I picked a mirror, dear, when I saw my eye in the mirror, I was scared. My eye was red, like had gel in there. Of course I felt it. It was swollen. My first instinct was, call the doctor, one mind said, "and tell her what?". I just started saying, Satan, thank you for this testimony,its been awhile I testified .
I said, "but make it bigger, make it in such a way that, any one who sees me should shout and run away from me. As matter of fact, blind the eye totally, so that wen God opens it, it will be a big testimony. I want people to really praise God for it when I testify. Truly speaking, I didn't rub that eye, with all the itching, I endured it. Lol, it wasn't quite 5mins, the itching stopped. The swelling went down, the redness cleared, till today. No vitamin C or para, it's been a year and months.
But I have not returned to my evangelism. Thats my laziness and sleep.

I shall start on Monday
Sister, it is so refreshing reading testimonies like yours, I do bless God for your life. satan doesnt understand folks like you, how much he gets frustrated when the Children of God are celebrating even in agony, he gets really mad!!

As you go out tomorrow as a witness of our Lord, may the Lord grant you His covering and confirm His words through you (Amen).

3 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
folash:
This just happened last night, I had a dream, and in the dream I was lying down somewhere and this scary looking creature was trying to attack me, the creature was trying to scare me, buh i wasn't scared, I started rebuking it in the name of the Lord, I was so bold and confronting it heads on, then later I jst started laughing, i laughed so hard, and i woke up suddenly still laughing, then I saw them; right in my room, two very tall demons, they were holding something that looked like a hand fan and were trying to fan me or something, I was still laughing, then they vanished. I got really angry in the spirit, then started praying and speaking in tongues, I pointed to the direction where I saw them and prayed with all boldness. I don't know why I was laughing in the dream right to the point where I woke up. Have never experienced something like this before. Of a truth greater is He that is in me than he that is in them. God is really with me. satan is fighting a lost battle. Glory be to God.

Waoh, this is a great one, satan has sure failed in your life Sister. It reminds me of a man of God who had a similar attack and started laughing just like you described and the following day according to him, a strange woman entered into his office to ask for his forgiveness. The strange woman confessed to be among the group that wanted to attack him the previous night but they were surprised when they saw him roaring loudly like a lion and that was why they ran off, she said the remaining members of her coven died that night and she wanted the man of God to forgive and remove death from her. She gave her life to Christ that morning.

Remember those 4 lepers and how their steps was magnified in the ears of the enemies as if it were that of a mighty army?,A laugh of faith is like the roaring of a lion in the ears of demons.

6 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

Sister, it is so refreshing reading testimonies like yours, I do bless God for your life. satan doesnt understand folks like you, how much he gets frustrated when the Children of God are celebrating even in agony, he gets really mad!!

As you go out tomorrow as a witness of our Lord, may the Lord grant you His covering and confirm His words through you (Amen).
Amen sir. God so bless and honour sir. Your encouraging words are well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
folash:
Praise God for continues victory. Satan can't stand our boldness. It's recently I understood why the Bible is full of "fear nots" Satan is a coward seriously. He uses intimidation tactics to scare people. Look at the horror films, it all about intimidation and fear. If you stand, he flees.
Sometimes I just feel like climbing a very high place, stand up there and shout "don't be afraid of satan" to all the believers. But they still won't believe me. Their minds are too caged in fear, especially by the so called modern day prophets, who spend all their time in church painting pictures of how powerful Satan is, by virtue of what he does. They talk so much about Satan and so little about God. Magnifying Satan and casting fear into the minds of people who are too lazy to read the Bible for themselves.
I feel this prophets are working for Satan. because, they reversing the order Christ set. Christ says he has put Satan under our feet and given us victory, these prophets put people in bandage using fear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 5:59am On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

Praise God for continues victory. Satan can't stand our boldness. It's recently I understood why the Bible is full of "fear nots" Satan is a coward seriously. He uses intimidation tactics to scare people. Look at the horror films, it all about intimidation and fear. If you stand, he flees.
Sometimes I just feel like climbing a very high place, stand up there and shout "don't be afraid of satan" to all the believers. But they still won't believe me. Their minds are too caged in fear, especially by the so called modern day prophets, who spend all their time in church painting pictures of how powerful Satan is, by virtue of what he does. They talk so much about Satan and so little about God. Magnifying Satan and casting fear into the minds of people who are too lazy to read the Bible for themselves.
I feel this prophets are working for Satan. because, they reversing the order Christ set. Christ says he has put Satan under our feet and given us victory, these prophets put people in bandage using fear.

Anas09,
You are a delight to read. God bless you for your testimony and faith and kind heart.
The bolded, I can confess is what I realized out of all those satanists/witches conversion DVDs and books. I certainly feel they minister more fear of the enemy than the goodness of the Lord.

I know there is some sort of curiosity among believers to understand the kingdom of darkness, and these tales are certainly hair raising, but we should feed our spirits with scriptures more than these 'testimonies'. A Christian who is more knowledgeable about darkness than light is certainly more powerless.

Stay blessed dearest and I'm already looking forward to your next testimony or even post wink

2 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by drestoneokuta(m): 6:48am On Jan 18, 2016
folash:
Glory b to God, it work. All thanks to him. I forgot to add one of d signs ull feel when you av overcomed them in your dream is "happiness" ull wake up happy for no reason. Praise be to God

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2016
vooks:

Anas09,
You are a delight to read. God bless you for your testimony and faith and kind heart.
The bolded, I can confess is what I realized out of all those satanists/witches conversion DVDs and books. I certainly feel they minister more fear of the enemy than the goodness of the Lord.

I know there is some sort of curiosity among believers to understand the kingdom of darkness, and these tales are certainly hair raising, but we should feed our spirits with scriptures more than these 'testimonies'. A Christian who is more knowledgeable about darkness than light is certainly more powerless.

Stay blessed dearest and I'm already looking forward to your next testimony or even post wink
Good morning God's general. It's been awhile, I was going to ask for you, but here you are.
We have a new brother with us. Brother Superior1. He is a dear.
About the post. I thank God for His grace in our lives. And yes, light is far more powerful than darkness. And that light is the revelational word of God. "And He sent forth His word, and the Word healed them, and delivered them from ALL oppression of Satan". And the Word became flesh and dwelled among men" And the Word is the light lights every man that cometh into this world. And that light liberates.
Knowing more of Satan doesn't liberate, it's the knowledge of God that liberates.
There's something in the Word of God.

This morning, am studying Matt. 8, and I come to a point where Jesus cast off legions from man. Now this man has been a source of worry torment to his family,
Disgrace and humiliation to everyone.
He terrorizes his entire village by taking over an entire road and making sure no one goes through it.
This man was harmful both to himself and to his society.
He took over the cemetery, even to go and bury the dead was a case.
Then, here comes Jesus, He commands the demons to loose their hold and set him free. This man whom every man had given up hope on, whom every one was afraid of. Who was a serious problem to the whole region. There he was, sitting by Jesus' feet healed, in clean clothes, his memory restored, all the havoc ceased from then on.
But, the entire region hears about this great thing Jesus has done. They rushed out to see for themselves. And behold it's true. There, the man was, normal like every other person. As a matter of fact, he wanted to start evangelism right away.
But instead of the people inviting Jesus into their city, a least saying thank you, instead of them celebrating and rejoicing that which Jesus had done for them, "They asked that he depart from their region".
Go away and don't come back, we don't need you here, they said to him.
And am wondering, WHY?
were they happy in their situation?
were they happy that the man was the way he was?
WHY did they ask Jesus to get out of their region?
Cc. Oyeludef.
vooks
Superior
All of una, una plenty. Pls let's share.
these things confuses some of us.
Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

And am wondering, WHY?

Dearest Anas09,
This is very insightful.

It is one of those instances where unbelief was not shattered by the miraculous. Another one is Capernaum. See what Jesus has to say about them;
Matthew 11:23-24 (ESV)
23 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

When you think about it, manifestation of the supernatural is supposed to draw our attention to the source( God) like the way the burning bush drew Moses. And they do to a good extent. On Pentecost, speaking in tongues attracted men. In the book of Acts, miracles were accompanied by men turning to Christ. But this is not NECESSARILY the case, and this is my point. We oft times are infatuated by signs, by the ease with which we can rebuke super bad sicknesses, cast out demons and so forth. Let's be honest. For most of us, nothing tickles us better than signs.

I wish to submit to us that we err greatly when we focus on the gifts...the manifestations as the missing ingredient to our effective witnessing. This is the fundamental fault of Pentecostalism. The fact that the miraculous did not stir up faith all the times should make us wary of obsessing with them.

John the Baptist did ZERO(John 10:41) miracles and he was quite effective in his ministry.

Christian history from 2nd century to mid 18th century was seldom punctuated by the miraculous. Signs and wonders are really a new phenomena. Yet Christianity spread like wild fire.

My point is not to trash the work of Holy Spirit. Remember spiritual gift of signs and healing and prophecy are all His. Rather what I wish to state is that we should not put more premium to supernatural manifestations than is necessary as we may easily lose balance.

Whereas some of us here were drawn to God by extravagant manifestation of His raw power, I'm prepared to bet that MOST of were just drawn to Him by the simple conviction of our sinfulness by the Holy Spirit. For this reason, it is better to pray that Holy Spirit may convict the world of its sin than to pray for supernatural manifestation regardless of how glorious they are.

I wish to end by highlighting another danger of obsessing with manifestations. This could be a sign of lack of faith. When you will ONLY pay attention to a minister/sermon if it is accompanied by manifestations, you lack faith. Jesus gave men bread and the next day they demanded for another sign! When you walk by faith, you are undeterred by absence of supernatural manifestation; God remains God whether you can see Him in action or not. Faith is evidence of things not seen. If you must see God to believe or to continue believing Him,you are faithless.

Selah

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
[size=5pt]
analice107:

But, the entire region hears about this great thing Jesus has done. They rushed out to see for themselves. And behold it's true. There, the man was, normal like every other person. As a matter of fact, he wanted to start evangelism right away.
But instead of the people inviting Jesus into their city, a least saying thank you, instead of them celebrating and rejoicing that which Jesus had done for them, "They asked that he depart from their region".
And am wondering, WHY?
WHY did they ask Jesus to get out of their region?
Cc. Oyeludef.
vooks
Superior
All of una, una plenty. Pls let's share.
Thank you all.
[/size]

Nice one Sister. This is one of the many stories I find interesting in the Bible because it gives a little insight into how things are in the spiritual realm and I will give some exposition before attempting the questions raised. Now, I love Dr. Luke´s narration more because like a good physician, he brought out some salient facts

Luke 8:28-29
28 Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."29For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For it had seized him many times; and he was bound with chains and shackles and kept under guard, and yet he would break his bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert

Firstly, this is a clear case of demonic possession and the demons although were many, the principal demon isn’t small boy, na´oga at the top´ kind of demon this can clearly be seen when you compare this scenario with other ministration where the demons departed immediately they were commanded of Jesus.

29 For He had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man

Meaning, they were still struggling inside the man even after Jesus have spoken to them to come out, why is this??

31They were imploring Him not to command them to go away into the abyss

They were afraid of abyss, you see even demons are afraid of defending down into the abyss because the kind suffer wey satan go suffer them no get part 2, satan do not forgive failure even if he couldn’t have done better, this attribute is equally common among occultists. From my experience, demons readily go out more when you command them to go out to some dry places than when you are commanding them to return to abyss(I am not even sure we get that right), they will put up their biggest fight.

32 Now there was a herd of many swine feeding there on the mountain; and the demons implored Him to permit them to enter the swine. And He gave them permission

Jesus permitted this to protect the man, deliverance ministration can be quite dramatic, ministers take expend very good effort and measure to protect folks from getting wounded and getting themselves equally wounded when demons begins to manifest (no be joke o, I have ministry friends handle a fella who was into karate at meditation level, when he began to manifest that demon, na kick he began to throw around o...lol, talking of watch and pray ministry, na deliverance be that o) but with experience sha one learns how to eliminate violent manifestations. Demons can try to kill their host and in some cases, they claw the person from inside until he/she develops physical internal wound and bleeding in their struggle not to be chased out. It is common for people to be tired physically after delivernace ministration.

Mark 5:5
Day and night he wandered among the burial caves and in the hills, howling and cutting himself with sharp stones

Moving to Mr. Mark´s narration, this case Jesus handled reminds me of what I was saying about vampires and werewolves earlier (The NLT translations said he was howling, family werewolves), I feel almost sure the man's physical appearance has been substantially altered because of the way he was breaking chains used to bound him (without is hands breaking) and howling.

If Jesus hasn't permit them to enter into the swine, they would still have left but not without violently throwing that man around a couple of times (just like the epilepsy demon wanted to throw that child into fire in one of the other account of Jesus deliverance ministry) and he may get seriously wounded
To be continued

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Please friends permit me to post my first broadcast evangelism sermon(if I should call it that) here. And please brethren forgive me for being too conspicuous here, I feel am being to forward. Pls tolerate me. Thank you.

When I was instructed to go out for broadcast evangelism, I wasn't told how to do it. I had never done it before. So this is how I do it. I may be doing it wrong, that's why am posting here for correction and better direction. Thanks again.

JESUS, THE CHRIST: WHO IS HE?
Text:Matt 16:13-19.

When Jesus started His ministry, he chose His Apostles by Himself. He took them with him everywhere He went. He performed miracles before them, opened the eyes of the blind, healed the sick, raised the dead, cleansed the Lepers, and cast out demons before them all.
One day, it was a day of C. A. (Continuous Assessment) for his Apostles.
Jesus called all His disciples and Apostles to Himself,
and asked them,

WHO DO MEN SAY THAT I AM?

I have been going in and out of them, healing them, doing all this things in their midst. Who do they say I am Exactly?
His Apostles went wild, some say, you are Jeremiah, some say you are Elijah, some say you are John the Baptist, some say you are the prophet.

Okay, that's find, Jesus said. This is who the people (outsiders) say I am.

BUT, WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?
Everyone was silent. Who do you say am? I need to know. Because, you know me closely. The outsiders sees and observes me from afar, but you, you know me. I talk to them in parables, I talk to you in plane language, you go everywhere I go, you eat what I eat, you sleep where I sleep, I don't have secrets where you are. So, Who do you say I am?
Only Peter spoke up and said, YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

Jesus turned to him and said. "Flesh and blood had not revealed this to you, but my father who is in heaven, and upon this rock I shall build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Brethren, do you think it was necessary for Christ to demand this of His followers? For me, I think, Yes. Why?
I think because some of us are in church for all the wrong reasons. Some of us are in church, but not in Christ. Answering this question, will indicate who is in church and who is in Christ.
Some people are in church because they grew up following their parents to church, so it's a norm.
Some go to church because, it doesn't make sense not to go or believe there's no God. It's just a duty.
Some go because, their cute friends go, so they go to feel among. To them it's a social club kind of thing.
Some go because, the prechers have painted the picture of God as a Santa Claus to them. He has free gifts for all. Whatever you want, come and collect. No rules, no responsibilities, no demands. They come only for the gifts. They have no dealings with the giver. If they don't receive, God is wicked and doesn't exists.

The Master said, "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you." meaning, to truelly know Christ, you need a revelation. And how do you get this revelation? It's a desire, a hunger, a thirst, a search, seeking. When your heart is truelly tuned towards Him, He'll reveal Himself to you.
When you have a revelation of who Christ is, All you'll ever need is Christ. Christ is everything. I AM, THAT I AM. whatever you want Him to be, He is.
You will also know that you carry Him with you around. He is not restricted by space, not limited by time, or relegated to a place.
When you need Him to listen, all you need to do is speak up, or think it, or imagine it, He hears. He is not in Mountain of Fire, nor in Deeper Life, or in Winners Chapel. He is in you.

It's the converging of you, l, and him that makes up a church, not a mega building.

You don't need to see God through the eyes of your pastor. You don't need to hear God through the mouth of your prophet. You see Him through His Word. When challenged, you won't need to bust open your roof if your pastor doesn't come or your church members doesn't show up. You have the Word. If you can declar it, knowing, there is God to confirm it.
If there's a men to pray, then there's God to answer.
When you get to this point, going to church, will be as commanded.(not to neglect the assemblies of believers), To serve. to share, to encourage, and to charge others.
It will no longer be all about the pastor.
GOD DOES NOT HAVE GRAND CHILDREN. we are all children of God. Stop making God a grand father. Your pastor is not your Father. God is his Father, and so are you his child.
When he said, "come unto me" He didn't specify. Whosoever means, Whosoever.
When you have that revelation, all fear will be gone from you.
I can't imagine me, a princess, begging my father in our house for food, wen am hungry. I just reach out and take it.
I can't imagine taking communion, 'the totality and the ompleteness of Christ and still give my money to the doctor for treatment'. Beside, I can't imagine bacteria living in the same body where Christ lives in.

It's that revelation that keeps you from satanic manipulations.
That revelation brings you knowledge. That knowledge gives you confidence. That confidence makes you challenge Satan and say to him, bring it on.
It makes you laugh in the face of adversities.
It is this confidence that made Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, look Nebochadnezzar in the face and said "Live forever o King, you see? In this matter, we are not careful to answer thee, throw us into that fire if you like, our God, in whom we have trusted will deliver us from it, But, IF HE DECIDES NOT TO. we will still not bow down to your Idol. Do your worst.

It is that same confidence that made Daniel, after the edict has been passed, he went and opened his Windows so that everyone could see him, then bend down and prayed to his God, not considering the Lions.
It's that confidence that made the copthic Christians to say to ISIS, behead us, but will not renounce Christ.
It is that confidence that's making Christians die in their thousands every day in Muslim territories, yet they stay true and won't deny Christ.
If you have this confidence, you won't be afraid of going to your village because witches are there. They will be afraid because you are coming.
If you don't have this revelation, you'll go the churches where your palms are being read, and your fortune foretold, and you'll call it counselling.
If you don't have this revelation, you'll go to a prophet who will sell you indulgence. Bring so and so amount of money and your sins will be forgiven. You'll buy one small bottle of anionting oil for Ten thousand naira, the costlier the better, and you'll believe.
If you don't have this revelation, you will worship images and Saints and call it honour or veneration.
If you don't have this revelation, when people call servants of God names, you will join and do the same. (Fighting against the body of Christ).
Without a revelation, you won't have compassion for the lost to go after them.

If you have that revelation, you'll understand what happened on the Cross of Calvary.
And He said, Upon this revelation that you have of me, I shall build my church.
because, with this revelation, you are firm, solid, grounded, unshakeable, immovable and unbreakable.
Do you have this revelation?
If you don't, you have a chance to do so now. Call on Him now. He is listening.
Praise the Lord.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
vooks:

Dearest Anas09,
This is very insightful.

It is one of those instances where unbelief was not shattered by the miraculous. Another one is Capernaum. See what Jesus has to say about them;
Matthew 11:23-24 (ESV)
23 And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You will be brought down to Hades. For if the mighty works done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I tell you that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you.”

When you think about it, manifestation of the supernatural is supposed to draw our attention to the source( God) like the way the burning bush drew Moses. And they do to a good extent. On Pentecost, speaking in tongues attracted men. In the book of Acts, miracles were accompanied by men turning to Christ. But this is not NECESSARILY the case, and this is my point. We oft times are infatuated by signs, by the ease with which we can rebuke super bad sicknesses, cast out demons and so forth. Let's be honest. For most of us, nothing tickles us better than signs.

I wish to submit to us that we err greatly when we focus on the gifts...the manifestations as the missing ingredient to our effective witnessing. This is the fundamental fault of Pentecostalism. The fact that the miraculous did not stir up faith all the times should make us wary of obsessing with them.

John the Baptist did ZERO(John 10:41) miracles and he was quite effective in his ministry.

Christian history from 2nd century to mid 18th century was seldom punctuated by the miraculous. Signs and wonders are really a new phenomena. Yet Christianity spread like wild fire.

My point is not to trash the work of Holy Spirit. Remember spiritual gift of signs and healing and prophecy are all His. Rather what I wish to state is that we should not put more premium to supernatural manifestations than is necessary as we may easily lose balance.

Whereas some of us here were drawn to God by extravagant manifestation of His raw power, I'm prepared to bet that MOST of were just drawn to Him by the simple conviction of our sinfulness by the Holy Spirit. For this reason, it is better to pray that Holy Spirit may convict the world of its sin than to pray for supernatural manifestation regardless of how glorious they are.

I wish to end by highlighting another danger of obsessing with manifestations. This could be a sign of lack of faith. When you will ONLY pay attention to a minister/sermon if it is accompanied by manifestations, you lack faith. Jesus gave men bread and the next day they demanded for another sign! When you walk by faith, you are undeterred by absence of supernatural manifestation; God remains God whether you can see Him in action or not. Faith is evidence of things not seen. If you must see God to believe or to continue believing Him,you are faithless.

Selah

Humm and wow, all together. Am a bit shaken. Although, am not the type who is drawn by signs, but I pray for signs so that the lost may draw close and want to ask questions, just like the Moses and the burning Bush you mentioned. I hope am not out of place?
As matter of fact. God remains God, whether the earth exist or not. Am certain of that. I need him, He doesn't need me Everything He needs, He has.
Sometimes, when I get angry and frustrated, I tell myself, you'll end up delaying your blessings. Get up and move. Your sulking doesn't touch God. He is moved by your faith, not by ur tears or moods. If you stay here, Satan will catch up with you, then who looses? Move.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
superior1:
[size=5pt][/size]

Nice one Sister. This is one of the many stories I find interesting in the Bible because it gives a little insight into how things are in the spiritual realm and I will give some exposition before attempting the questions raised. Now, I love Dr. Luke´s narration more because like a good physician, he brought out some salient facts

Firstly, this is a clear case of demonic possession and the demons although were many, the principal demon isn’t small boy, na´oga at the top´ kind of demon this can clearly be seen when you compare this scenario with other ministration where the demons departed immediately they were commanded of Jesus.

Meaning, they were still struggling inside the man even after Jesus have spoken to them to come out, why is this??

They were afraid of abyss, you see even demons are afraid of defending down into the abyss because the kind suffer wey satan go suffer them no get part 2, satan do not forgive failure even if he couldn’t have done better, this attribute is equally common among occultists. From my experience, demons readily go out more when you command them to go out to some dry places than when you are commanding them to return to abyss(I am not even sure we get that right), they will put up their biggest fight.

Jesus permitted this to protect the man, deliverance ministration can be quite dramatic, ministers take expend very good effort and measure to protect folks from getting wounded and getting themselves equally wounded when demons begins to manifest (no be joke o, I have ministry friends handle a fella who was into karate at meditation level, when he began to manifest that demon, na kick he began to throw around o...lol, talking of watch and pray ministry, na deliverance be that o) but with experience sha one learns how to eliminate violent manifestations. Demons can try to kill their host and in some cases, they claw the person from inside until he/she develops physical internal wound and bleeding in their struggle not to be chased out. It is common for people to be tired physically after delivernace ministration.

Moving to Mr. Mark´s narration, this case Jesus handled reminds me of what I was saying about vampires and werewolves earlier (The NLT translations said he was howling, family werewolves), I feel almost sure the man's physical appearance has been substantially altered because of the way he was breaking chains used to bound him (without is hands breaking) and howling.

If Jesus hasn't permit them to enter into the swine, they would still have left but not without violently throwing that man around a couple of times (just like the epilepsy demon wanted to throw that child into fire in one of the other account of Jesus deliverance ministry) and he may get seriously wounded
To be continued
OK sir, am waiting.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by oyeludef(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

Good morning God's general. It's been awhile, I was going to ask for you, but here you are.
We have a new brother with us. Brother Superior1. He is a dear.
About the post. I thank God for His grace in our lives. And yes, light is far more powerful than darkness. And that light is the revelational word of God. "And He sent forth His word, and the Word healed them, and delivered them from ALL oppression of Satan". And the Word became flesh and dwelled among men" And the Word is the light lights every man that cometh into this world. And that light liberates.
Knowing more of Satan doesn't liberate, it's the knowledge of God that liberates.
There's something in the Word of God.

This morning, am studying Matt. 8, and I come to a point where Jesus cast off legions from man. Now this man has been a source of worry torment to his family,
Disgrace and humiliation to everyone.
He terrorizes his entire village by taking over an entire road and making sure no one goes through it.
This man was harmful both to himself and to his society.
He took over the cemetery, even to go and bury the dead was a case.
Then, here comes Jesus, He commands the demons to loose their hold and set him free. This man whom every man had given up hope on, whom every one was afraid of. Who was a serious problem to the whole region. There he was, sitting by Jesus' feet healed, in clean clothes, his memory restored, all the havoc ceased from then on.
And am wondering, WHY?
WHY did they ask Jesus to get out of their region. ?
Cc. Oyeludef.
vooks
Superior
All of una, una p
Thank you all.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither com th light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:19-20 KJV
When a sinner is convicted by the truth it is either he accepts and repent or rejects cos true conviction makes you uneasy. D people of gadara sent Jesus Christ away because dey were not ready to take what He taught but d mad man who was delivered wanted to go with him.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

Humm and wow, all together. Am a bit shaken. Although, am not the type who is drawn by signs, but I pray for signs so that the lost may draw close and want to ask questions, just like the Moses and the burning Bush you mentioned. I hope am not out of place?
As matter of fact. God remains God, whether the earth exist or not. Am certain of that. I need him, He doesn't need me Everything He needs, He has.
Sometimes, when I get angry and frustrated, I tell myself, you'll end up delaying your blessings. Get up and move. Your sulking doesn't touch God. He is moved by your faith, not by ur tears or moods. If you stay here, Satan will catch up with you, then who looses? Move.
Anas09,
I so love that attitude. Not tears but faith.
Once again, there is nothing wrong with signs and wonders, let's just say they are biblically and historically not perfect for drawing men to God. Signs are not that elusive formula for success in evangelism.

I know this is kinda hard digesting especially for an African given our 'natural' animism not to mention Pentecostalism, a movement founded on signs and wonders.

In my humble opinion, during biblical times signs and wonders were exceptional and not the rule. But today we have some who would have us believe that their ministries are founded on a 'lifestyle' of miracles...miracles popping right,left and center. To me this is not a measure of their great faith but deception. Little wonder the healing lines we watch on TV are carefully choreographed and edited.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
Cont.

When suddenly Jesus appeared on the scene in the mist of fierce looking angels, there is bound to be commotion in the ranks and files of the prince of Garasenes (as it were in persia and tyrus so do every city have their ruling demon).

"What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!

Imagine using God´s name to even beg Him.

When the news spread and other demons heard what befell one of their area boss who has been entertaining them with mid-night howls; they will as a matter of urgency motivate their hosts to chase Him out with or without valid reasons. Some of their reasons may include

They just lost a herd of swine and that is not so economical for them, abi who go pay for dead swine??, this man na bad business for us

According to Matthew´s account, there were two mad men on the scene; it is safe to assume one took to his heels while the hosts of heaven held the other in place, they might have reason among themselves if Jesus kept at sending herds of swine per mad man into the sea, they will all soon lose their source of living (who knows how many mad men dey town)

In this gentile city (they kept swine, hence couldnt have been a Jewish city) as it is a custom in that era, it is very possible they had a strong man (an high priest) who was under the employ of the prince of Garasenes to act as mouth piece and tax folks under its bondage, if they do and he was as revered as they usually were, what do you think will be his advice??....chase that man away!, ask him to leave kiakia!!!, he has come to destroy our culture and to kill our swine, the gods are annoyed....chase him before the gods kill all of una!!! ....lol, they ruled by fear (I remember how those herbalists dey scare the living day light out of me before I met Christ, their message of doom pass TB Joshua own)

In summary and like oyeludef rightly pointed out, they were slaves and workers of darkness who couldnt stand the illumination of light because they simply preferred the evil of darkness.

4 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by ezeks007(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
Interesting
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
superior1:
Cont.

When suddenly Jesus appeared on the scene in the mist of fierce looking angels, there is bound to be commotion in the ranks and files of the prince of Garasenes (as it were in persia and tyrus so do every city have their ruling demon).

Imagine using God´s name to even beg Him.

When the news spread and other demons heard what befell one of their area boss who has been entertaining them with mid-night howls; they will as a matter of urgency motivate their hosts to chase Him out with or without valid reasons. Some of their reasons may include

They just lost a herd of swine and that is not so economical for them, abi who go pay for dead swine??, this man na bad business for us

According to Matthew´s account, there were two mad men on the scene; it is safe to assume one took to his heels while the hosts of heaven held the other in place, they might have reason among themselves if Jesus kept at sending herds of swine per mad man into the sea, they will all soon lose their source of living (who knows how many mad men dey town)

In this gentile city (they kept swine, hence couldnt have been a Jewish city) as it is a custom in that era, it is very possible they had a strong man (an high priest) who was under the employ of the prince of Garasenes to act as mouth piece and tax folks under its bondage, if they do and he was as revered as they usually were, what do you think will be his advice??....chase that man away!, ask him to leave kiakia!!!, he has come to destroy our culture and to kill our swine, the gods are annoyed....chase him before the gods kill all of una!!! ....lol, they ruled by fear (I remember how those herbalists dey scare the living day light out of me before I met Christ, their message of doom pass TB Joshua own)

In summary and like oyeludef rightly pointed out, they were slaves and workers of darkness who couldnt stand the illumination of light because they simply preferred the evil of darkness.
Wow, very good one, and you made me laf plenty too. Thank you.
And Oyeludef. Thanks too.
Good bless all.

2 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by CharlyG1: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
ezeks007:

I
pls sir , I've been following this thread for few days now, I dreamt that a part of my hair was shaved, & I have no idea who did it . it was like I was bald , like someone who had his 'punk' shaved to the skin. I'll appreciate your help. thanks.

It is a very bad dream. It would have been more revealing to see who did it so that you can direct your prayers better.

But not to worry. God is your Deliverer.

There are people of darkness who are 'destiny barbers'. They tamper with people's destiny so that they are misdirected in life. They're often seen in dreams like yours shaving a person's head.

I had a similar dream when I was very young at about 17 yrs old. But God revealed to me the person's face. It was a woman who was my family's Neighbour in the village. When she shaved a part of my head, she saw 3 objects deep rooted into my skull which she kept staring at with great amazement. Even I don't know exactly what that represents.

Anyway, after this dream, I prayed hard. And God delivered me. Anytime I was in the village, God would show me what this woman wanted to do the next day. Sometimes I would see her approach our house in a particular cloth and it happened exactly the same way God showed me. God always revealed her secrets to me, and even showed me the other witches she was affiliated with so i was always a step ahead.
I prevailed over their evil plans. Glory to God.

I pray God reveals your enemy to you and my the fire of the Holy Ghost consume that person in Jesus Name.. Amen

Pray and rebuke the works of darkness over your life. Stay close to God for that is the ultimate channel for deliverance.

God be with you. God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by CharlyG1: 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
folash:
charlyg1 oyeludef vooks analice107, and others I fail to mention. This is one of the most enlightening thread have ever come across on nairaland. I started reading from page1 on thurs and I got to page 35 before I decided to seek for advice from you all. Pls forgive me, this might be a long.
I got exposed to pornography at a very early stage of my life which resulted to me becoming a CHRONIC masturbator. I knew masturbating was a sin, but each time I decide to stop, I went as far as only a couple of days, before plunging farther into this sin. This sin drained me spiritually as I started having sex dreams, the sex dreams were occurring on a regular basis that it became normal to me.
Fast forward to some years ago, I got saved and my determination got stronger to forsake the evil addiction. God took glory, and I can boldly say now that it's a thing of the past. Along with my salvation came a yearning and thirst for God and His word like never before.
Last year I started believing God for something in my life, but it wasn't forthcoming. I prayed and prayed but it wasn't forthcoming. Recently a word of knowledge came to me that what was preventing the manifestation of what I was seeking was the demons that I had unknowingly invited into my life through masturbation.Ok, they say a problem is half solved once the cause is determined. I knew i needed to head striaght to mfm for deliverance right away, but my hubby doesnt believe in such and would never permit to go for any deliverance anywhere. so I started a series of warfare prayer on my own using some mfm books backed with fasting to attack the spirit husband. The sex dreams stopped only for it to start again after some time. I got angry in my spirit after the last sex dream, and started another 14days prayer and fasting, backed with serious warfare prayer session. To my astonishment, right in the middle of the prayer and fasting, I had the sex dream again, not once and not even twice. Let me reiterate that God has given me the grace to flee from sin for a while now, and I yearn and long for Him like never before.
Now my dilemma is this, why am I still having this sex dreams even after forsaking sin and becoming a new creature in Christ, after all the bible says.... "old things have passed away and all things have become new". It also says "he who the son sets free is free indeed". Why have I not gotten my freedom even after being born again and series of prayer and fasting. The bible also says..... "upon mount Zion there shall be delivrance". But mine seems to be elusive. Do I need to go to a BIBLE BELEIVING CHURCH to get delivered, can't I pray and fast on my own and be delivered. Am currently on another praying and fasting session, yet I still had this sex dream last night.
Pls good brethren of Christ, I need your opinion on this.
May God give us the grace to remain steadfast in Him. Amen

My Dear.. First of all. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I want us to understand that in every addiction, a demon is the 'Promoter'.

When you start a particular sin, whether masturbation, fornication, lying, stealing etc. It may seem little. When it becomes a continuous thing, it offends God and shortens His hand over you. When this happens, a demon seeks legal rights into that person's life and that demon will now take over that person's addiction, making the person to sin excessively than ever before.

In the case of sexual sin, whether masturbation or fornication or adultery.. A demon will attach itself to that person like super glue. Yes like super glue. This weakens the spirit man to fight back and this automatically builds a covenant (marriage) with that demon. That's why they are called spirit husbands/ spirit wives. They marry their victims, attaching themselves to their victims and manipulating their minds to think of sooo much sex.

Now.. Breaking free from this demon isn't easy. But with God, nothing is impossible.

Firstly, to break free, all forms of sex addiction like yours must be stopped totally. This may take time. And when the demon sees the person is struggling to break free, it will harden it's grip over that person.
This must not be done by ones own power but by the power and authority of Jesus Christ.

Stay away from the addiction. When the sex thoughts come, command the thoughts to go in Jesus Name.

If a spirit husband demon is harassing you by bombarding you with sex dreams then you need to take authority over that demon. Tell it to leave you alone that the covenant you had with it has been broken becos you are now in Christ and the blood of Jesus has set you free. Tell it never to come to you again. You must be bold and angry.

Invite the Holy Ghost to come and dwell within you. Go for water baptism if you haven't.

Let your husband support you in prayers. Hold his hands and let him pray for you.

Do not be afraid to sleep. Never be afraid, that will give the demon morale.

Stay close to God. For God is your Protector. Do all this and it will stop in Jesus Name.

Pls let us know on how you progress. God be with you. God bless you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 10:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
Pls I need to hear from Mercyoverflow often. I don't know why I can't email you. Come on. Stay up with us. I love you.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
@Superior and vooks, and others. I posted my amateur sermon up there, pls edit it for me. Thanks.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 4:56am On Jan 19, 2016
analice107:
@Superior and vooks, and others. I posted my amateur sermon up there, pls edit it for me. Thanks.
Anas09 dearest,
If I take away a jot from our sermon, I'll be guilty of something close to what John warns us against in Revelation.

This broadcast evangelism, are you doing it on tv/radio, and do you have a fixed time slot? If you do, my advice is you rehearse your sermon and time yourself, see how long it takes. This will save it from being truncated halfway. If you are posting it somewhere in a blog/site or magazine, I can try and help with the grammar,structure and paragraphs and all

Here is a broad structure of your powerful message
Title: Revelation of Jesus Christ

1. Who is Jesus to others 'out there'?

2. Who is Jesus to you? Not all following Christ closely know who He is

3. The necessity of revelation of Jesus Christ

3(a). Removes the need for intermediaries
3(b). Gives you boldness in the face of attacks and adversities
3(c). Saves you from spiritual abuse

If nobody gets to hear it, I'm certainly blessed by it. Deeply challenged as well.

2 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by oyeludef(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2016
vooks:

Anas09,
I so love that attitude. Not tears but faith.
Once again, there is nothing wrong with signs and wonders, let's just say they are biblically and historically not perfect for drawing men to God. Signs are not that elusive formula for success in evangelism.

I know this is kinda hard digesting especially for an African given our 'natural' animism not to mention Pentecostalism, a movement founded on signs and wonders.

In my humble opinion, during biblical times signs and wonders were exceptional and not the rule. But today we have some who would have us believe that their ministries are founded on a 'lifestyle' of miracles...miracles popping right,left and center. To me this is not a measure of their great faith but deception. Little wonder the healing lines we watch on TV are carefully choreographed and edited.
brother if you take signs and wonders away from Christianity, it becomes a dead religion. There are some signs that must follow every Christian as Jesus said in mark 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:16-18 KJV
We are limited by the amount of Truth we receive as believers e.g a believer who doesnt believe in baptism of the Holy Spirit will not get it by proxy no matter how good dat individual is. What we should fight against is building doctrines out of experiences. Talking about faith, there is a difference between faith as a fruit of the Spirit and faith as a spiritual gift. In galatians 5, there was a mistranslation in d king James version. What was called faith as a fruit of the Spirit is actually faithfulness(which is synonymous to dedication to duty or responsibilities) and u can confirm dis by checking other versions. The gift of faith is part of the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is part of demonstrations of signs and wonders. All d gifts of d spirit are minute fractions of God's ability that gets demonstrated in believers from time to time dat is y even faith as little as mustard seed can move mountains.
Scriptural balance does not necessarily mean being at d middle, it means being where d Bible is i.e doing things d Bible way.

3 Likes

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 6:27am On Jan 19, 2016
oyeludef:
brother if you take signs and wonders away from Christianity, it becomes a dead religion.
1. Nobody is 'taking away signs from Christianity
2. It is patently false that Christianity is founded on signs and wonders, and such are NECESSARY for its growth. Islam has exploded without signs, false Christian sects have mushroomed without signs. And finally,before Pentecostalism broke in the mid 19th century, signs and wonders were unheard of. Study Christian history and you will learn the truth of my statement. It shows you that religious movements don't need signs to grow.

There are some signs that must follow every Christian as Jesus said in mark 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:16-18 KJV
We are limited by the amount of Truth we receive as believers e.g a believer who doesnt believe in baptism of the Holy Spirit will not get it by proxy no matter how good dat individual is.
Agreed. Signs are a PROMISE.

What we should fight against is building doctrines out of experiences.
We should equally fight against losing balance. Some overemphasize prayer,praise,spiritual gifts at the expense of others. I always remind brethren that spiritual gifts manifested in freshly born again brethren in the scriptures. This means the gifts are in no way a measure of our maturity of a believer. But we obsess with those manifesting, we elevate them, place them on pedestals as if they are supermen. This ought not to be so.

Talking about faith, there is a difference between faith as a fruit of the Spirit and faith as a spiritual gift. In galatians 5, there was a mistranslation in d king James version. What was called faith as a fruit of the Spirit is actually faithfulness(which is synonymous to dedication to duty or responsibilities) and u can confirm dis by checking other versions.
Not sure what purpose this serves bro

The gift of faith is part of the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit and it is part of demonstrations of signs and wonders. All d gifts of d spirit are minute fractions of God's ability that gets demonstrated in believers from time to time dat is y even faith as little as mustard seed can move mountains.
1 Corinthians 12:8-10 (ESV)
8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues

Let us not go beyond what is written. Here we can see a clear distinction between the gifts of Faith and Miracles

Again, these gifts manifest in very young believers. This means the gifts are not a measure of maturity. Example

Acts 19:6 (ESV)
6 And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.

Scriptural balance does not necessarily mean being at d middle, it means being where d Bible is i.e doing things d Bible way.
One can easily be thrown off balance by overemphasis of the right thing sir.
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by oyeludef(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
vooks:

1. Nobody is 'taking away signs from Christianity
2. It is patently false that Christianity is founded on signs and wonders, and such are NECESSARY for its growth. Islam has exploded without signs, false Christian sects have mushroomed without signs. And finally,before Pentecostalism broke in the mid 19th century, signs and wonders were unheard of. Study Christian history and you will learn the truth of my statement. It shows you that religious movements don't need signs to grow.

Agreed. Signs are a PROMISE.

We should equally fight against losing balance. Some overemphasize prayer,praise,spiritual gifts at the expense of others. I always remind brethren that spiritual gifts manifested in freshly born again brethren in the scriptures. This means the gifts are in no way a measure of our maturity of a believer. But we obsess with those manifesting, we elevate them, place them on pedestals as if they are supermen. This ought not to be so.

Not sure what purpose this serves bro

1 Corinthians 12:8-10 (ESV)
8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues

Let us not go beyond what is written. Here we can see a clear distinction between the gifts of Faith and Miracles

Again, these gifts manifest in very young believers. This means the gifts are not a measure of maturity. Example

Acts 19:6 (ESV)
6 And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.

One can easily be thrown off balance by overemphasis of the right thing sir.
Bros Christianity is not a religious movement infact christianity isn't a religion seeing it as dat places it at d same level with islam, Buddhism et al. Islamic growth is based on birthrate, coercion, and brainwash. Christianity was also employing these tools before people like Martin Luther and William tyndale broke out of catholicism. Before d azusa street pentecostalism, we know of cases of people like John and Charles wesley who brought about the holiness movement and different manifestations of signs and wonders in their meetings. Charles finey too is a good example of a man of God who experience signs and wonders in meetings before d pentecostal era. This reminds me of Paul's words And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 KJV.
I had to distinguish between faith and faithfulness because people do not realize dat it is the Holy Spirit dat gives faith(faith that produce results).
I grew up in a Bible teaching and believing church but it was all a boring experience alot of people we started children church together backslided before i even finished secondary school. I remember going to one of my youth leader to tell him about oppressions i usually experience at night he told me he wasn't used to such things and directed me to go and meet one brother like dat. I was very discouraged dat day because dis is my youth leader that could quote d Bible very well. Signs aren't and shouldn't be our focus cos dey will happen effortlessly as a matter of fact, a sinner can only be convicted by the Holy Spirit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 8:27am On Jan 19, 2016
oyeludef:
Bros Christianity is not a religious movement infact christianity isn't a religion seeing it as dat places it at d same level with islam, Buddhism et al. Islamic growth is based on birthrate, coercion, and brainwash. Christianity was also employing these tools before people like Martin Luther and William tyndale broke out of catholicism. Before d azusa street pentecostalism, we know of cases of people like John and Charles wesley who brought about the holiness movement and different manifestations of signs and wonders in their meetings. Charles finey too is a good example of a man of God who experience signs and wonders in meetings before d pentecostal era. This reminds me of Paul's words And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:4-5 KJV.
I had to distinguish between faith and faithfulness because people do not realize dat it is the Holy Spirit dat gives faith(faith that produce results).
I grew up in a Bible teaching and believing church but it was all a boring experience alot of people we started children church together backslided before i even finished secondary school. I remember going to one of my youth leader to tell him about oppressions i usually experience at night he told me he wasn't used to such things and directed me to go and meet one brother like dat. I was very discouraged dat day because dis is my youth leader that could quote d Bible very well. Signs aren't and shouldn't be our focus cos dey will happen effortlessly as a matter of fact, a sinner can only be convicted by the Holy Spirit.
Bros,
I know at times 'religion' is a derogatory term but I use it to mean any movement centered on a belief in the supernatural. In this regard, Christianity is a religious movement as any other. Coercion in Islam is restricted to Islamic countries. This can't possibly explain explosion of Islam in western countries. I also gave other examples within Christianity. Point remains; miracles and signs are not NECESSARY for church growth as evidenced by growth of Christianity without miracles over history.

John Wesley believed in continuity of gifts but his ministry was never characterized by them. Finney's active ministry fell in the 19th century. Remember my point was there are significant portions of Christian history which were not marked my these manifestations yet the church grew by leaps and bounds.

I'm no cessationist, those who advocate that the gifts have expired. I believe denying continuation of gifts robs believers of opportunity to live victoriously. I have walked in some gifts and witnessed others manifesting in others. What I oppose is making spiritual gifts the central feature of Christianity because clearly from the scriptures and history they are not. You know bro we can easily idolize God's gift? Study what became of Moses' brazen serpent-2 Kings 18:4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by oyeludef(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2016
vooks:

Bros,
I know at times 'religion' is a derogatory term but I use it to mean any movement centered on a belief in the supernatural. In this regard, Christianity is a religious movement as any other. Coercion in Islam is restricted to Islamic countries. This can't possibly explain explosion of Islam in western countries. I also gave other examples within Christianity. Point remains; miracles and signs are not NECESSARY for church growth as evidenced by growth of Christianity without miracles over history.

John Wesley believed in continuity of gifts but his ministry was never characterized by them. Finney's active ministry fell in the 19th century. Remember my point was there are significant portions of Christian history which were not marked my these manifestations yet the church grew by leaps and bounds.

I'm no cessationist, those who advocate that the gifts have expired. I believe denying continuation of gifts robs believers of opportunity to live victoriously. I have walked in some gifts and witnessed others manifesting in others. What I oppose is making spiritual gifts the central feature of Christianity because clearly from the scriptures and history they are not. You know bro we can easily idolize God's gift? Study what became of Moses' brazen serpent-2 Kings 18:4

i totally agree with you on that. Christ is the central theme of the scripture from Genesis to revelation and He alone should be our focus and not gifts. John wesley experienced spiritual manifestations in his meetings. There are cases of people who got healed and even their doctors came to testify. I read about it in God's general (the revolutionist)
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 10:19am On Jan 19, 2016
oyeludef:
i totally agree with you on that. Christ is the central theme of the scripture from Genesis to revelation and He alone should be our focus and not gifts. John wesley experienced spiritual manifestations in his meetings. There are cases of people who got healed and even their doctors came to testify. I read about it in God's general (the revolutionist)
Thank you sir, I will look further into Wesley.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by analice107: 10:59am On Jan 19, 2016
vooks:

Anas09 dearest,
If I take away a jot from our sermon, I'll be guilty of something close to what John warns us against in Revelation.

This broadcast evangelism, are you doing it on tv/radio, and do you have a fixed time slot? If you do, my advice is you rehearse your sermon and time yourself, see how long it takes. This will save it from being truncated halfway. If you are posting it somewhere in a blog/site or magazine, I can try and help with the grammar,structure and paragraphs and all

Here is a broad structure of your powerful message
Title: Revelation of Jesus Christ

1. Who is Jesus to others 'out there'?

2. Who is Jesus to you? Not all following Christ closely know who He is

3. The necessity of revelation of Jesus Christ

3(a). Removes the need for intermediaries
3(b). Gives you boldness in the face of attacks and adversities
3(c). Saves you from spiritual abuse

If nobody gets to hear it, I'm certainly blessed by it. Deeply challenged as well.
No dear sir. It's not on TV or Radio. At least not yet. It's going out in the early hours of the morning and talk to people in a calm and gentle voice. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by vooks: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
analice107:

No dear sir. It's not on TV or Radio. At least not yet. It's going out in the early hours of the morning and talk to people in a calm and gentle voice. Lol.
I see. Go for it dear one
Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by superior1: 11:37am On Jan 19, 2016
analice107:
Please friends permit me to post my first broadcast evangelism sermon(if I should call it that) here. And please brethren forgive me for being too conspicuous here, I feel am being to forward. Pls tolerate me. Thank you.

When I was instructed to go out for broadcast evangelism, I wasn't told how to do it. I had never done it before. So this is how I do it. I may be doing it wrong, that's why am posting here for correction and better direction. Thanks again.

JESUS, THE CHRIST: WHO IS HE?
Text:Matt 16:13-19.

When Jesus started His ministry, he chose His Apostles by Himself. He took them with him everywhere He went. He performed miracles before them, opened the eyes of the blind, healed the sick, raised the dead, cleansed the Lepers, and cast out demons before them all.
One day, it was a day of C. A. (Continuous Assessment) for his Apostles.
Jesus called all His disciples and Apostles to Himself,
and asked them,

WHO DO MEN SAY THAT I AM?

I have been going in and out of them, healing them, doing all this things in their midst. Who do they say I am Exactly?
His Apostles went wild, some say, you are Jeremiah, some say you are Elijah, some say you are John the Baptist, some say you are the prophet.

Okay, that's find, Jesus said. This is who the people (outsiders) say I am.

BUT, WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?
Everyone was silent. Who do you say am? I need to know. Because, you know me closely. The outsiders sees and observes me from afar, but you, you know me. I talk to them in parables, I talk to you in plane language, you go everywhere I go, you eat what I eat, you sleep where I sleep, I don't have secrets where you are. So, Who do you say I am?
Only Peter spoke up and said, YOU ARE THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

Jesus turned to him and said. "Flesh and blood had not revealed this to you, but my father who is in heaven, and upon this rock I shall build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Brethren, do you think it was necessary for Christ to demand this of His followers? For me, I think, Yes. Why?
I think because some of us are in church for all the wrong reasons. Some of us are in church, but not in Christ. Answering this question, will indicate who is in church and who is in Christ.
Some people are in church because they grew up following their parents to church, so it's a norm.
Some go to church because, it doesn't make sense not to go or believe there's no God. It's just a duty.
Some go because, their cute friends go, so they go to feel among. To them it's a social club kind of thing.
Some go because, the preachers have painted the picture of God as a Santa Claus to them. He has free gifts for all. Whatever you want, come and collect. No rules, no responsibilities, no demands. They come only for the gifts. They have no dealings with the giver. If they don't receive, God is wicked and doesn't exists.

The Master said, "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you." meaning, to truly know Christ, you need a revelation. And how do you get this revelation? It's a desire, a hunger, a thirst, a search, seeking. When your heart is truly tuned towards Him, He'll reveal Himself to you.
When you have a revelation of who Christ is, All you'll ever need is Christ. Christ is everything. I AM, THAT I AM. whatever you want Him to be, He is.
You will also know that you carry Him with you around. He is not restricted by space, not limited by time, or relegated to a place.
When you need Him to listen, all you need to do is speak up, or think it, or imagine it, He hears. He is not in Mountain of Fire, nor in Deeper Life, or in Winners Chapel. He is in you.

It's the converging of you, l, and him that makes up a church, not a mega building.

You don't need to see God through the eyes of your pastor. You don't need to hear God through the mouth of your prophet. You see Him through His Word. When challenged, you won't need to bust open your roof if your pastor doesn't come or your church members doesn't show up. You have the Word. If you can declare it, knowing, there is God to confirm it.
If there's a men to pray, then there's God to answer.
When you get to this point, going to church, will be as commanded.(not to neglect the assemblies of believers), To serve. to share, to encourage, and to charge others.
It will no longer be all about the pastor.
GOD DOES NOT HAVE GRAND CHILDREN. we are all children of God. Stop making God a grand father. Your pastor is not your Father. God is his Father, and so are you his child.
When he said, "come unto me" He didn't specify. Whosoever means, Whosoever.
When you have that revelation, all fear will be gone from you.
I can't imagine me, a princess, begging my father in our house for food, wen am hungry. I just reach out and take it.
I can't imagine taking communion, 'the totality and the completeness of Christ and still give my money to the doctor for treatment'. Beside, I can't imagine bacteria living in the same body where Christ lives in.

It's that revelation that keeps you from satanic manipulations.
That revelation brings you knowledge. That knowledge gives you confidence. That confidence makes you challenge Satan and say to him, bring it on.
It makes you laugh in the face of adversities.
It is this confidence that made Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego, look Nebuchadnezzar in the face and said "Live forever o King, you see? In this matter, we are not careful to answer thee, throw us into that fire if you like, our God, in whom we have trusted will deliver us from it, But, IF HE DECIDES NOT TO. we will still not bow down to your Idol. Do your worst.

It is that same confidence that made Daniel, after the edict has been passed, he went and opened his Windows so that everyone could see him, then bend down and prayed to his God, not considering the Lions.
It's that confidence that made the Coptic Christians to say to ISIS, behead us, but will not renounce Christ.
It is that confidence that's making Christians die in their thousands every day in Muslim territories, yet they stay true and won't deny Christ.
If you have this confidence, you won't be afraid of going to your village because witches are there. They will be afraid because you are coming.
If you don't have this revelation, you'll go the churches where your palms are being read, and your fortune foretold, and you'll call it counselling.
If you don't have this revelation, you'll go to a prophet who will sell you indulgence. Bring so and so amount of money and your sins will be forgiven. You'll buy one small bottle of anointing oil for Ten thousand naira, the costlier the better, and you'll believe.
If you don't have this revelation, you will worship images and Saints and call it honour or veneration.
If you don't have this revelation, when people call servants of God names, you will join and do the same. (Fighting against the body of Christ).
Without a revelation, you won't have compassion for the lost to go after them.

If you have that revelation, you'll understand what happened on the Cross of Calvary.
And He said, Upon this revelation that you have of me, I shall build my church.
because, with this revelation, you are firm, solid, grounded, unshakeable, immovable and unbreakable.
Do you have this revelation?
If you don't, you have a chance to do so now. Call on Him now. He is listening.
Praise the Lord.

I call this message woah!!, a very good Panadol for Sunday to Sunday nominal Christians. Can't find anything to edit save some minor typos and nothing to add. Chai!, I throway salute to this didaskalia o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (478) (Reply)

The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) / Higher Everyday — Look And Live / Christ Embassy's New Social Website

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 290
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.