Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? (889 Views)

Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig / Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos / Delta Man Forced To Drink Water Used In Bathing His Brother's Corpse. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by Bobbyjay001(m): 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
This happened just of recent. I got home(my dad's house) on friday for my grandma's burial and was told my maternal grandma's corpse would be thrown out through window. I asked why? They said because she died in her in-law's house and it's taboo in yorubaland for such corpse to be carried out through the main door. I thought it a joke until friday when she was to be laid outside for lying in state. Truely,my grandma's corpse was thrown through the window in her room. This still baffles me.
Why will yoruba especially christians still believe in this thrash?
Mama had been living with us since 19years ago. My mum is her first child and she had just one surviving son who is yet to build a house.
Please,elucidate more comprehensively to me why this ought to called "culture".
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by Anijay1212(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
K
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by chrisifeanyi: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Dis peple
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
You dont joke with tradition.

Ask why Americans practice Halloween regardless of their faith? Its now like a culture to them.

Isnt it the same holy book we read here and in other parts of the world but we have people in the West and other countries practice same sex. Why dont we?
It's not in our culture.
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
I insisted the corpse be carried out through the main door but my dad and members of our family insisted tradition must strictly be adhere to. I was asked maybe I know it's consequences,I said "NO" and I insited i want to dare the said consequences. But was asked to shut up. It pained me oo.
chrisifeanyi:
Dis peple
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is why and how we remain enslaved...I feel you Op, stupid cultures... angry
Re: Why Should Corpse Be Thrown Out Of Window? by Babalegba(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Bobbyjay001:
This happened just of recent. I got home(my dad's house) on friday for my grandma's burial and was told my maternal grandma's corpse would be thrown out through window. I asked why? They said because she died in her in-law's house and it's taboo in yorubaland for such corpse to be carried out through the main door. I thought it a joke until friday when she was to be laid outside for lying in state. Truely,my grandma's corpse was thrown through the window in her room. This still baffles me.
Why will yoruba especially christians still believe in this thrash?
Mama had been living with us since 19years ago. My mum is her first child and she had just one surviving son who is yet to build a house.
Please,elucidate more comprehensively to me why this ought to called "culture".
Speechless, idiocy of the highest order. I did not know that some Yoruba people are still that idiotic.

(1) (Reply)

Aare Ona Kakanfo, Gani Adams Praying In A Mosque (pictures) / Happy Mother's Day In Yoruba-iya Ni Wura.... / Prophetess Naomi Feign Ignorance To Ile Ife's Deity Demand Of Ooni Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.