Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Bronu Kings - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bronu Kings (1394 Views)

Bronu People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bronu Kings by kanurisud: 9:37pm On May 09, 2009
dear nigerian I need the list of borno kings and the period of each king till 1892

waitong for you
Re: Bronu Kings by tpiah: 12:32am On May 10, 2009
found this- dont know if it'll help.

http://dierklange.com/pdf/fulltexts/UNESCO_III.pdf
Re: Bronu Kings by tpiah: 12:42am On May 10, 2009
from source

Much later, at the beginning of the 13th/19th century, Mohammed Bello offers more information about the Sefuwa dynasty at a certain stage in the history of Kanem. He refers to a group of Berbers who, having left Yemen, travelled all the way to Kanem

Was there some cultural exchange between Bornu and Yemen in ancient times?
Re: Bronu Kings by samparian(m): 8:57am On May 10, 2009
Dude, you're on the net. Surf the web.
Or better, go to the nearest library near you and get books by Nigerian authors on the subject. Kanem Bornu empire.
cheers
Re: Bronu Kings by kanurisud: 11:44am On May 10, 2009
dear Tiaph , thank you v much for the book

dear Samparian many thanks for your advice , I am in Saudi Arabia and I think there is Nigerian books in K S A book stores or Libararies

thanks again
Re: Bronu Kings by tpia5: 4:01am On Aug 09, 2012
Re: Bronu Kings by IG: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
The details of Borno kings is kept in a record called the Diwan. It is a tradition of more than 1500 years. The Diwan contains records of Borno rulers from the early days of migration from the middle east till date. I do not have a copy with me but if you are in Nigeria, I would have directed you to the Kanem-Borno historical and cultural center in Maiduguri. Another similar record to the Diwan is called Girgam. I believe these two keywords will help you in your search.

However the most famous of Borno ancient rulers are Dunama Dabalemi and Idris bin Ali also known as Idris Alooma.

Hope that helps
Re: Bronu Kings by IG: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
You may also be interested in the book "Ghazawat Borno" written by Imam Ahmad Bin Furtu who was the secretary to Mai Idris Alooma.
Another more recent compilation of old works that may be of interest is "Sudanese Memoirs".

Also try to get your hands on the works of Dierk Lange
Re: Bronu Kings by tpia5: 1:19am On Aug 10, 2012
thanks.

(1) (Reply)

[##kick] Funny Happy Kick Day 2017 Sms, Images, Wishes, Pics For Fb / Video: Oni Of Ife Affirms Igbos Are The ''superior Race Of Wealth Discovery'' / Nairaland Is Becoming Abhorable Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.