Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls (2445 Views)

Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? / I Need Traveling Advice,pls / Which Do I Chose Between Canadian And Australian PR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Kindly advice me urgently, fellow nlanders.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by JesusDWay(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Don't know what it is with FTC but I guess I'm one today grin

You should give your circumstances which is making you think on which of them you should settle for, that's when one will know what to advice
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by Adesiji77: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
Following...

Waiting for the gurus... cheesy
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by Pidggin(f): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2015
Canada is not a bad place to live, it's just that home is always home.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by 4stylz: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Please go to Canada; that country is the safest place in the world to live in; even America got nothing on Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 2:02am On Nov 15, 2015
@jesus d way,what is FTC pls
I need advice as to health worker,
Chances of making money,professional development etc
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 2:05am On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks all for your comments.
Who has travelled to Canada or currently there
Your keen advice is sought after.
Am afraid ,will I be able to get work there?
Kindly advice!
Or I set up my biz in Nigeria??
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by cutesammie(m): 3:11am On Nov 15, 2015
You wont get the best advice here. You should be able to know what you want and decide for yourself. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by ifegy: 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
platypelloid:
Kindly advice!

Have you gone through the immigration process? I believe express entry now requires you to have a job offer from an employer before you immigrate. There are also provincial nominee programs with different requirements. There is at least one thread in the travel section on Canadian immigration.

Have you had your certification accredited by the relevant Canadian bodies? Or at least looked into that?

Have you tried looking at Canadian job postings for your area to see what kind of education, skills and experience they typically ask for, to determine how you stack up in that regard?

Lots of immigrants have come from around the world, worked hard and succeeded. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by NaLaugh: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2015
platypelloid:
Kindly advice!

Your question is vague, as your exact circumstance hasn't been stated.

Are you being offered permanent residence, and contemplating? Or are you just seeking advice on what to pursue in the long term?

Your ability to get a good job will of course depend on skill level. You need to put out more info for people to offer meaningful suggestions.

I don't live in Canada, but I visit time to time. I live less than a 6 hour drive from Canada, in the U.S.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2015
@ifegy,you are mostly appreciated!, I am aware about those info,however, I have not started processing atall,however,I have done ielts,and I had overall of 6.0;

Speaking 7.0
Reading 6.0
Writing. 6.0
Listening 5.0

Done on Feb 2014.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2015
@Nalaugh,your fraternal advice is cherished,
As per my skills, I'm a medical doctor in Nigeria, but I'm afraid of driving cab in Canada as people usually paint that that is the usual job for foreign doctors in Canada!!!

Still confused anyway!
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by RedCapChief(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
The other posters have said it all. There isn't enough information to help you. Do you already have PR or are you considering it. What are your career goals? I can tell you that it is not easy to get PG training spots for foreign doctors with PR, talk less of a doctor without PR.
If you want to change profession then there is a lot of opportunity. You can go to school on the cheap. Nothing wrong in driving a cab for now as long as you have a target in mind
Seek a lot of advice because if you rush to Canada, you will rush back. I guarantee it. cheesy
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by ifegy: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
platypelloid:
@ifegy,you are mostly appreciated!, I am aware about those info,however, I have not started processing atall,however,I have done ielts,and I had overall of 6.0;

Speaking 7.0
Reading 6.0
Writing. 6.0
Listening 5.0

Done on Feb 2014.

Maybe you should do some more research into the process. As pointed out, it appears several programs, Federal and Provincial, require to get a job offer before you immigrate. If that is the case, and you do get a job as a doctor that way, then that answers your worry about driving cabs, right? Go www.cic.gc.ca; check the thread on nairaland on express entry; get more info; find out if you have to do certain qualifying medical exams; find out how much doctors earn and where the greatest demand is for them (what province? Cities or small towns?); use the info to make decisions and the picture will get clearer. Cheers
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by JesusDWay(m): 12:31am On Nov 18, 2015
platypelloid:

Speaking 7.0
Reading 6.0
Writing. 6.0
Listening 5.0

Done on Feb 2014.

You did the exam in February 2014 and you are still in contemplation in November 2015, then something is not right somewhere and I think I smell indecision here!

From your narration, it appears you are much about making money(partly why you're thinking of setting up a business here), anyway, let me let you know that your IELTS result isn't good enough to get you qualified to apply for Canadian immigration programme in the first place. You will have to rewrite if you are to even apply at all.

Also, comparing medical practice here and in Canada is somehow, they are just not comparable and if you must know, you have the best exposure in Medical practice in North America and I dare say they are handsomely rewarded. You must however know that you cannot practice immediately you get there, even from here, you have to get your medical cert evaluated by mcc over there(which is even needed to apply for the immigration programme) and then write some exams which you must pass before you can qualify to practice.

Finally, you can set up your business here and get someone to look after it for you while you are there(as long as you can get a trusted person). You must know that there are some benefits Canada affords not just you but largely your children(they seem to be about the biggest beneficiary of migration) which Nigeria may not offer you. So, the choice is yours to make from here....
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 10:59am On Nov 18, 2015
@Redcapchief, Ifegy, JesusDway ,may God Almighty bless you all for the posts.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2015
@Redcapchief, Ifegy, JesusDway ,may God Almighty bless you all for taking your time to write the posts,

@ Redcapchief,I am about to start the processing of PR,I don't have d PR yet.
May be I'll change profession to nursing or engineering as you suggest since getting licenced to practice there looks like a dead end.

@Ifegy ,thanks for that brilliant contribution
May be I should go as an environmentalist or environmental health supervisor first because I have some foreign qualification (short course here).and some working experience there.
Then after getting there find way about getting licences there!!
Or what do u feel??

@JesusDway,I have been procrastinating since Feb 2014 that I wrote the ielts, also fear of the unknown,
But now I think I'm trying to get back as to which route to follow.

However more insightful comments will be cherished,
Three option now:1)start the processing as an environmentalist/environmental health supervisor
2) start processing straight as a medical doctor
3)change my career to nursing or engineering as I get to Canada.

Pls advice all The way.thanks all.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by Hotstepper(f): 1:37am On Nov 19, 2015
U didn't get 6.0 atleast in 1 so you have to go and and re do it if not nothing for you

platypelloid:

Speaking 7.0
Reading 6.0
Writing. 6.0
Listening 5.0

Done on Feb 2014.

Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by hishuula10: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2015
Hotstepper:
U didn't get 6.0 atleast in 1 so you have to go and and re do it if not nothing for you

Morning
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by Hotstepper(f): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am all ears

hishuula10:
Good Morning Ma,i Need To Talk To You On An Important Issue Pls
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 20, 2015
platypelloid:
@Redcapchief, Ifegy, JesusDway ,may God Almighty bless you all for taking your time to write the posts,

@ Redcapchief,I am about to start the processing of PR,I don't have d PR yet.
May be I'll change profession to nursing or engineering as you suggest since getting licenced to practice there looks like a dead end.

@Ifegy ,thanks for that brilliant contribution
May be I should go as an environmentalist or environmental health supervisor first because I have some foreign qualification (short course here).and some working experience there.
Then after getting there find way about getting licences there!!
Or what do u feel??

@JesusDway,I have been procrastinating since Feb 2014 that I wrote the ielts, also fear of the unknown,
But now I think I'm trying to get back as to which route to follow.

However more insightful comments will be cherished,
Three option now:1)start the processing as an environmentalist/environmental health supervisor
2) start processing straight as a medical doctor
3)change my career to nursing or engineering as I get to Canada.

Pls advice all The way.thanks all.
Why do you want to change from medicine to nursing or health supervisor
Engineering degree is tough as well, its not a walk in the park.
If you wanna make it as a doctor in Canada, its possible. I have lost count of the numbers of practicing Nigerian doctors I have met. There are even two down my street. what I would advise is that, if you want to practice as a doctor, you would need to stay away from big provinces like Ontario, BC or Alberta. It's near impossible to get your medical license in big provinces. Try and immigrate to smaller provinces like Sask, MB, NFL, Nova Scotia, PEI or New Brunswick. It could still take up to 3 years(of intense studying) but that's better than nothing or over 7 years (in big provinces). Once you get the license in a small province, then you can now decide to relocate to wherever you want. But then again, the pay in big provinces most times are not as competitive as those of smaller provinces for health care workers.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by hishuula10: 5:54am On Nov 20, 2015
Hotstepper:
I am all ears

THANK YOU
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2015
hissuula 10,kindly stay away from this post,its obvious that your hidden agenda is dubious,shady and scam-like

Stay away henceforth you have no right to ask for e mail of any one if you can not discuss everything on another blog here on Nairaland.

[color=#990000][/color]Disclaimer::Hotstepper and everyone, pls beware of scam posts.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
@saxywale,God will forever bless you for this brilliant advice.
Mostly appreciated,
More insightful comments are welcomed.
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Pls where are people like nobody,medlabgirl,I need all of your fraternal and insightful comments pls .
Re: Canada Pr Or Starting Business In Lagos,advice Pls by platypelloid: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Well thanks to All
Still expecting more responses please.thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To LASU Ojo From Ajah Lekki / U.S.A Biometric Fingerprinting. / Pls Help Lagos To Kano By Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.