Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month (771 Views)

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by kosovo(m): 11:11pm On May 09, 2009
A few weeks ago, two Pennsylvania men attempted to set a world-record for number of text messages sent in a month. They managed to type out 217,000 during the month of March. Quite an impressive, if somewhat lame, feat.

Unfortunately for those two, Guinness World Records has yet to contact them about making their achievement an official record. It’s even more unfortunate now that a new contender has arrived on the texting-world-record scene.

Crystal Wiski is a teenager from Sacramento, California, and she managed to churn out over 300,000 texts in one month. When reached for comment, her thumbs said,  “OWWWWWWWW!!!!”

The local NBC News affiliate breaks down the staggering output into more (or less?) comprehensible proportions, explaining that to achieve such a massive number, Crystal was cranking out over “10,000 messages a day, 421 an hour and seven texts a minute.”

And given the fact that she also happens to be straight-A student and her iPhone’s unlimited texting plan kept her from having to pay a $30,000-plus phone bill, it seems there are no negative side effects to her texting mania. Sweet deal.

What is the largest number of texts you’ve ever sent in a month?
Source

Re: Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by engrhamid(m): 1:42am On May 10, 2009
I guess the number of calls she makes in a month will be very low. I don't really like sms cos its not everyone that has airtime to text back or call back, so i sent sms to people if i don't need instant response or if i don't need response. As for 7 text per minutes, i guess r text r very short cos am wondering if she is a good typer like me though i don't think i can beat such record but i pray i do.
Re: Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by hayprof(m): 2:46am On May 10, 2009
She don crase plenty, . .in fact. . didn't she do any other thing apart frm texting the Whole month ?

Mayb she b Orobo, sits there and send text to unknown pple too, .am sure she sends like 1 text to 500pple @ a time wink
Re: Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by just2nice(m): 5:59am On May 10, 2009
Unlimited texting plan?Oh boy,I don't think any of our network provider have such a plan here in Nigeria.Their selfish and capitalist interests would not allow them provide such unique incentives here.Even free calls that they would manage to provide are nothing to write about as the network will be so jammed that only 1 in 15 attempted calls would be successful.
Anyway,back to topic.We all know how girls are,and since the text messages are free,her text messages would probably be brief and laced with abbreviations.I guess if you go through her sent messages,you may see short messages like 'Ok','Cumin ova','I luv u' and that stuff.We were not told the average number of characters in her sent messages;so anybody can send 7 SMSes in a minute.It is just the amount of time that she devotes to texting that beats my imagination.
Re: Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by DoubleN(m): 7:34am On May 10, 2009
7 messages in a Minute?She don crase finish.
Re: Sacramento Teenager Sends Over 300,000 Texts In One Month by Enquirer: 11:12am On May 10, 2009
I'm curious to know who the lucky recipients of these texts were. Their inboxes must be clogged or maybe they have unlimited storage plan.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 3gs Review / Get Your Uk Number (some Numbers Are Ready) / Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.