Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,516 members, 7,826,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls (30583 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Best Tarrif Plan To Make International Calls On Nigerian Networks. / Price War: Airtel Tariff Now 20k/second To All Networks And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Sanchez01: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
I'm sure I am not the only one experiencing this terrible dilemma; however, mine is simply out of this world, or so I believe.

Nigerian telecommunication companies are by far the most insensitive, annoying and rules flouting individuals ever! My special cases with MTN and GLO is simply out of this world. My first experience started with Glo who automatically subscribed me to some annoying so-called love tips with the '4040'.
I called the Customer Care several times to complain, particularly when my airtime are deducted for some reasons. Despite my placed calls to the Customer Care, I thought my dilemma would come to end until I was told that they (Customer Care) don't have the 'power' to unsubscribe my number from the '4040' database. I calmly accepted my fate while #90 was deducted from my airtime monthly. After a year and half, I called the Customer Care and threatened to sue Glo for deducting my airtime with their devilish schemes, and all of a sudden, they miraculously found the answer to unsubscribe my number from the airtime sapping scheme.

A month after, MTN came with theirs, they would send 7 messages per day to my phone 'recommending' I subscribe to their amazing health and relationship tips, which I ignored. After several weeks of enduring their torture, I decided to call their Customer Care to make my plight known. I ended up talking to a slob of an agent who asked what if I wanted my number removed from their third parties' database, to which I said yes.

As of today, I get nothing less than fifteen messages daily on my MTN phone and five on my Glo phone coupled with dozens of calls from the Glo network. All efforts to put an end to this dilemma have proven abortive. I need advice from people; perhaps thy have agents on the forum that could help me through this.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by jacabi(m): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Sanchez01, your case with mtn is what we called double potion of annointing. By the way, this mtn of a thing nearly made me to lose an important sms, because all I do each time is to delete their "yeye" sms. It's so annoying.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Sanchez01: 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
jacabi: @Sanchez01, your case with mtn is what we called double potion of annointing. By the way, this mtn of a thing nearly made me to lose an important sms, because all I do each time is to delete their "yeye" sms. It's so annoying.
I did in my case. I lost many detailed texts which are now lost for life. Annoyingly, Glo just devised a means, they have been calling my phone repeatedly with a typical Glo number and you would fall for the number, believing it's your normal phone calls. It's as if my privacy has been sold to third parties.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by jacabi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: I did in my case. I lost many detailed texts which are now lost for life. Annoyingly, Glo just devised a means, they have been calling my phone repeatedly with a typical Glo number and you would fall for the number, believing it's your normal phone calls. It's as if my privacy has been sold to third parties.[/quote]
It was airtel that tried that nonsense with me. They used real number to call me then I put it to blacklist, they used another one I did thesame thing, up to about 10 nos.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by stevolinkon40: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Again??
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ggrin(f): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
angry
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Samiceman: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
I get at least 7 SMS from MTN daily and I dare not complain....wetin man pikin go do?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by datbay(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
thought I was the only one that notice the thrash

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by rezzy: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
MTN, so annoying

From MTN, you will receive a msg of high importance bla bla bla

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by AdekunleSegun(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think customers should be paid for these adverts.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by phransix147(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Only if they knew the speed I use in deleting their message they would stop sending me them... Who even dey sub to those tips with clear eye sef?

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
MTN is most guilty.

I nearly went agog one day,within one hour,more than fifteen sms on love,health etc. For me to subscribe.

MTN- Milking The Nation.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by kingzjay(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hehehehehe... No be naija we dey?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by itsIYKE(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
That infuriatin moment wen u are expectin a call any moment 4rm ur new GF,....then ur phone rings nd a female voice says hello my name is Jane...u be like "jane do we knw each oda",..then u listen again nd the voice continues talking gibberish,....u look at ur phone nd u cee 4604........U be like thunder fire the hand that initiated this call

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by trentlee25(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Airtel na die

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by blueheart(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Very annoying, I keep blocking and blocking them over and over. When u thought uv seen it all, up pops some other ridiculous messages. No let up at all. angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmm #dats none of my business

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ERCROSS(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mehn....
Nigerian network providers....
Annoying subscribers since 1759..
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Owk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by warrenweste(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Really annoying undecided
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by merieam16(f): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
@op sowie abt dat,emptyhen ur worse connection, glo wif shame. wat a name!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dis guys need to be sued as soon as possible and damages paid in full! Bunch of thieves
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by sam4(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmm I thank God am still among those who can read the mgs. Morning
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by amtalkin(f): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
MTN own is jux too much after every call I received or make I jux get this very annoying text frm 5040 n 4100 frm safety tips, to fashion tips, health, seeking for a job...... I don't even get excited when I receive SMS cos I knw they are the one.
I heard hackers are responsible for it. That the messages is nt frm our service provider.
I seriously need help

I just hope the person sending that SMS knows that thunder will surly fire him one day

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by nickz(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn sad angry angry

Abeg na by force to do callertune

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Gloria3389(f): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
a times I receive up to 10messages within 5mins.....I tire for MTN oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by InwehAkpevwe(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
D funny tin b say dose msgs dey com when men dey expect alert

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Blazing99: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
I hope for you that someone here who works for mtn or glo can be of help. Glo once automatically subscribed me too. 100 a month

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Ifeogunleye1(f): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Very annoying.Na etisalat worse pass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by eruchboy(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
my own na small problem,auto renewal for services/alerts which are hard to unsubscribe,deducting #50-#100 million naira at different times

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by kennyonthrone(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
D tin tire me ooo...imagine being busy nd d nxt tin your phone rings u rush jst 2 go pick d call only 2 find out is d silly ntwrk u using.....is jst too bad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by yinkarh187(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
k

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Top Reasons To Use Airplane Mode Even When You’re Not Flying / Xenomorph: NCC Discovers Software That Steals Users’ Banking Details On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.