Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! (21805 Views)

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / How To Use Whatsapp (or Any Other Mobile Phone App) On Your Pc/mac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
How different life would be for Tiger Woods, Ashley Cole or Kristen Stewart – if they had only known about a new phone app which helps cheating lovers keep their affairs secret.

The Cate app, which stands for “Call and Text Eraser”, creates an invisible log of calls and text messages and can hide specific numbers from the contacts list.

The screen will never indicate who has called and at the touch of a button, all private information can be wiped from the phone forever.

Unlike other apps, the Cate icon does not appear on the home screen and if someone walks in while the cheat is reading their illicit texts, a simple shake of the phone will make it all disappear.

For added confidence, the adulterer has to enter a secret code to access the app and all the hidden features it provides.

Advertised with the slogan, “Love is blind, we keep it that way!”, the smartphone app which costs £3 ($4.99) to download, is the brainchild of Boston entrepreneur Neal Desai.

The 25-year-old student bought the app for £11,000 from a Miami police officer, who developed the program after seeing his friend dragged through the divorce court thanks to incriminating text messages on his phone.

Mr Desai then decided to expand the business by appearing on Shark Tank, the American equivalent of BBC2′s Dragon’s Den and ended up securing $70,000 (£44,000).

During the pitch he claimed that professional golfer Tiger Woods, who famously cheated numerous times on his wife Elin Norgegren, would actually still be married if he had bought the Cate app.

Since the app was launched three weeks ago, it has been downloaded 10,000 times.

Keeping affairs secret: Critics have questioned the Cate app for its ‘morality’

While critics have pointed out the “morality” of his product, Mr Desai insists there are legitimate reasons for using his app, which he says is there to protect someone’s privacy.

‘It’s a privacy app, essentially, and as with every technology that involves privacy, there is good with the bad,” Mr Desai told The Sunday Times.

‘But it is also labelled a privacy application and could have uses for government officials, or corporate business, or for lawyers whose entire business is based on keeping things confidential.’

So far, 70 percent of the purchases have been by women.

According to Jay Leopardi, Mr Desai’s business partner, that might be because women need to protect themselves from accusatory husbands and boyfriends.

‘It could be that women cheat more, or there are lots of bullish men out there who are accusing their girlfriends of cheating when they speak to any other man.’

And while adulterers might think they can now get away with anything, cheaters beware – the app could also be secretly downloaded by a suspicious husband or wife onto their spouse’s phone to create an invisible record of calls and texts.

Suspicious: So far women have accounted for 70 percent of the Cate app downloads

http://.mobi/output.php?id=2250

Culled from www.dailymail.co.uk/

3 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2012
Another ground breaking development that could perpetrate adultery, but actually help in keeping a lot of marriages and relationships together!
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by semid4lyfe(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Since the app was launched three weeks ago, it has been downloaded 10,000 times. So far, 70 percent of the purchases have been by women.

The above is worrying. Over 10,00 downloads and 70% by women? shocked

Women sha. . .no be na wa, na real wa tongue
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Leopantro: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
i actually have this application and its nice. it has a secret number you dial as if you are calling a phone number which opens up the menu. someone can call you or send a text message and it wouldn't register on the phone once the app is running. the best thing about the app is that after installation,you can't find it on the phone no matter how much you search unless you go to a very very hidden folder in the phone.

all that is left is to find people to cheat on with it grin

oh yeah. its not on blackberry yet and since most girls love blackberry, wouldn't get much use in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by LagosBoi2(m): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
well done...well play..game on
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by fittty(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
undecided why would I want to hide my call records, contacts or dialed call. Any woman wey see wetin e dey search for na e know. Afteral its not her phone, its not her money am spending on my mistresses and it not her business angry

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by baslone: 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lagos_Boi: well done...well play..game on

It's been years I heard these words last!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by slimyem: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
License for cheaters to cheat as much as they like...
Lord,we the faithfuls are in your hands...cheesycheesycheesy

6 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by alienware(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
do people still cheat ? just wondering
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by YuzedoII: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
BREAKING NEWS: CATE records 50million downloads in one night upon launching in Nigeria.

Statistics = Naija Girls: 49,999,999, Naija Men: 1. lipsrsealed

Source: NTA Knews! undecided

We give uppppp!!!!! angry

8 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Bigflamie(m): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Entering App Store to download one with immediate effect. I can't wait to get over my detective called GF.

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by inspiredm(m): 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
I can't find The Application on Apple App Store BUT its on Android Play Store for $5. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by kcemeto(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
well, old science means old lie
modern science also means modern lie. Am out of here.
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by kokosheen(m): 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Apps like this have been in existence for long. For BlackBerry users, try BlackBook app: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3366/?lang=en

Though, reviews say the BlackBook app messes up sometimes (No be BB thing shocked), my main grouse is that it can't hide BBM contacts angry

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is not a problem because there must be an effective counter app out there, somewhere.

All a suspicous spouse have to do is to find it and use it.
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2012

So far women have accounted for 70 percent of the Cate app downloads
I guess this is because women are more curious than men. So let's say they are merely curious about how the app works, thus the disproportionately high percentage of downloads by females. After all, women don't cheat, so they really do not need the app. Abi no be so?

SMH in pity for 'real men'. Ignorance is indeed bliss.
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by SamMilla1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
lets collectively forward it to 2face.

2 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by cameronese(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
ohhhhh
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by highlandre(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
Another plus to immorality. To hell with the privacy bullshit!
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Orikinla(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
I can track all calls and text messages from a device I once mentioned on Nairaland.
I have the call logs of all those in my life for security reasons.

It has helped me to secure my family.
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by tonyx4x44(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
Remaining the app that makes food and alert you when you are hungry

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by slimyem: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2012
YuzedoII: BREAKING NEWS: CATE records 50million downloads in one night upon launching in Nigeria.

Statistics = Naija Girls: 49,999,999, Naija Men: 1. lipsrsealed

Source: NTA Knews! undecided

We give uppppp!!!!! angry
even if this were to be true and given the report,doesn't it just mean that women do not like to get caught and Men do not mind getting caught?
...at least cheating women don't cheat with goats..do they?

4 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by free2ryhme: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
slimyem: even if this were to be true and given the report,doesn't it just mean that women do not like to get caught and Men do not mind getting caught?
...at least cheating women don't cheat with goats..do they?

ouch!!!
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by wissezy: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2012
what!!! Back to 'being me'.
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Jarus(m): 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
LOL @ 70% of purchases have been by women. I comment my reserve o grin

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by jhydebaba(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
slimyem: License for cheaters to cheat as much as they like...
Lord,we the faithfuls are in your hands...cheesycheesycheesy
If I hear....
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by vanstanzy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
This is bad, real bad. I pity this generation of mine.
This's really bad for humanity!

2 Likes

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Super1759: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
still spreading the message- signs of end time

1 Like

Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by albacete(m): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
i no fit shout oo
Re: Phone App For The Adulterer, Makes Lover's Texts Disapear! by Connoisseur(m): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Vault software does that too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Infinix Not Better Than Xiaomi ? / Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone / 8 Recommended Ways To Protect Your Eyes While Using A Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.