Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out (725 Views)

APC Is A Party Of Poverty And Shame - Femi Fani Kayode / Now That Crude Is Gradually Becoming Worthless, What Is Next For SE Nigeria? / SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by EternalTruths: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Dear great Igboids

It is a well known fact that poverty is coming to Nigeria as a result of dwindling oil revenue and the anti true federalism of some sections of Nigeria

Already, people are complaining of lack of money

While

Imported products are becoming expensive due to short supply of dollars.

The question all Igbos should ask themselves is,

What's the way forward.?

I will take my time to show a step out of numerous steps we can take to escape the coming poverty.

Investment Method

This method was what Peter obi implemented in Anambra which has helped her to increase salaries and developmental projects

What Peter obi did was to buy local bonds.

What we Igbos should do , is to invest in local / foreign ; bonds , stock markets and investment tools.

This will give us a steady inflow of local / foreign cash to help sustain our economy especially in times when the local economy is struggling

Therefore when others are complaining just as they do today, we would be rejoicing tomorrow.

Thank you. cool

Eurobomber lygn19

Pazienza Rose2014

Carnegiefan chukwudi44

Ihemba Yujin Ezeagu

Easternlion Freedom4biafra

Ipobdevil ikengawo billygee2u

Duru1 Onatisi 400Billionman blacktechnology

Ok500 franksam2009 totorimi

Dearpreye kingzizzy Auntysuzan

Ichidodo babyosisi collynzo23

Sunnybobo3 Biafranqueen customized13

Descartes Mogidi Mizmycoli Wombraiders

Phockphockman Anonimi Afam4eva pointb

Ngwakwe Abagworo Easternlion tonychristopher

Wisdomguy4u curlieweed CSTR2 obosiland

AkwaIbomrep1 FreeGlobe Mandax MrEverest

Whynotthetruth badnature M4gunners str8talk1

Etc

1 Like

Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by Obijulius: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Proudly Igbo...always thinking of the next step while the rest remain stuck with one Nigeria and their desperation for oil.

I key into buying foreign bonds, especially from countries that do trade with Nigeria and to whom the country is heavily indebted. This strategy will play to our favor when major political and financial decisions are made about a bankrupt and unstable Nigeria.

My IGBO brothers should begin to cut-down on investments in real-estate especially in Lagos, as the value of RE investments there are grossly overpriced and like local bonds/loans, will be the first to take the blow in the first/second quarter of 2016.

Invest wisely.

3 Likes

Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by gab264(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Obijulius:
Proudly Igbo...always thinking of the next step while the rest remain stuck with one Nigeria and their desperation for oil.

I key into buying foreign bonds, especially from countries that do trade with Nigeria and to whom the country is heavily indebted. This strategy will play to our favor when major political and financial decisions are made about a bankrupt and unstable Nigeria.

My IGBO brothers should begin to cut-down on investments in real-estate especially in Lagos, as the value of RE investments there are grossly overpriced and like local bonds/loans, will be the first to take the blow in the first/second quarter of 2016.

Invest wisely.
Nice one" tanks bro.
Progressive >>>>>>>minds ull the way.
Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by IPOB123london: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2015
The solution to all our problem is the restoration of Biafra

In the end Biafra will come
Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by mekaboy(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2015
What is happening in Nigeria is happening all over the world, just that Nigeria will be hit harder because we are import driven.

Most of the companies you want to buy their stock are already crying, didnt you see what happened with oando etc?

Bonds are not bad but for business men the returns are peanut. Why invest 10m in bond to be receiving 1.5m a year when you can make as much as 6m trading with that a year.

The problem with igbos is lack of trust and greed, this is the reason i dont support biafra.

Most of these companies we import from in china, are owned by single families. Infact some importers are actually richer than the companies they import from.

Igbos will be most affected by most policies of the FG because we r importers.

Its time these importers either channel their funds to other areas like agriculture or pull their funds together to establish those factories that produce the things they import here. So they only import raw materials.

Igbos should stop competing with each other, rather work together to achieve more.

1 Like

Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by mekaboy(m): 12:27am On Nov 02, 2015
Obijulius:

Invest wisely.

You dont invest out of sentiments. Property in Lagos are highly price so are there returns. Lagos is the commercial capital so property there will have higher returns than the east.

As a matter of fact property in the east are more expensive with little returns compared to lagos.

But igbos should find ways to invest part of their proceeds back home.
Re: SE Nigeria: The Coming Poverty And The Way Out by EternalTruths: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2015
mekaboy:
What is happening in Nigeria is happening all over the world, just that Nigeria will be hit harder because we are import driven.

Most of the companies you want to buy their stock are already crying, didnt you see what happened with oando etc?

Bonds are not bad but for business men the returns are peanut. Why invest 10m in bond to be receiving 1.5m a year when you can make as much as 6m trading with that a year.

The problem with igbos is lack of trust and greed, this is the reason i dont support biafra.

Most of these companies we import from in china, are owned by single families. Infact some importers are actually richer than the companies they import from.

Igbos will be most affected by most policies of the FG because we r importers.

Its time these importers either channel their funds to other areas like agriculture or pull their funds together to establish those factories that produce the things they import here. So they only import raw materials.

Igbos should stop competing with each other, rather work together to achieve more.

If Peter Obi had reasoned like you, Anambra won't be enjoying what they are enjoying today

Nigeria is becoming poorer everyday

One of the best methods available to the IGBO nation is to invest in foreign bonds stock markets and other paper assets to increase our dollar supply.

Yes we need to invest home but don't forget that most of the products we use are foreign products bought with dollar

So my friend remember Ghana cool

(1) (Reply)

List Of Confirmed Ministers Saraki Presents It To The President', See(photo) / Lmao..what Will You Do If Something Like This Happens To You In Public / Powerful Statement,yet Some groups in the South are content.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.