Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos (46931 Views)

Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos / See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-from-another-traffic-robbery-in.html

men, i need car camera. At least little evidence might lead to find them.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Icecomrade: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
masseratti:
haba Tonye at no point did Fashola blamed Get for traffic robberies oooooooo, our new Governor wanted to be a populist Governor that's why he relaxed lastma mode of operations,whivh has in turn back fired,issuing just ticket alone to traffic offenders will not deter an average Lagosian especially Danfo drivers,they are the major cause of the traffic couple with pot holes around major roads.

Are you this country?

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by extinctbeauty(f): 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
maybe u re not in lagos
simplycarro:
Women should stop leaving home before daybreak or late into the nights.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by simplycarro: 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
extinctbeauty:
maybe u re not in lagos
I do, but I don't leave my house until it's 7am, using Ikorodu rd (relatively safe)
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by qtx(m): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
hmmmm. Let the security agents wake up from their slumber.
Let Governor Ambo, sit up, its not time to plan, he had over 4 months to plan, let him implement what he has being planing.
Lagos will work again i pray.

[url]Robminds.com[/url]
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by wagazala: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Put your handbags, valuables in the trunk. Buy yourself a nokia torchlite phone and keep with you in the car. Buy a wireless bluetooth car reciever, with your phone in your handbag in the trunk you can still receive calls.
God forbid it happens, you at least will have your valuables. My Mrs even carries a dummy hand bag filled with books. The main bag stays in the trunk.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by toma3: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ambode is not just a big disgrace to APC but also to the people of yoruba land. he is not ready to work, he is only showcasing his gold wrist watch.shame to my people
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by lekyar(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
These critters have struck again. My experience has left a scar psychologically that I no longer drive to work. Lagos state authorities should beaf up security on the bridges. These maniacs and social miscreants are visible hanging under bridges. The police should be more proactive.

This is an appeal to the Governor of the state.
[size=8pt][/size]

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Photizooo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=ceometromedia post=39607624][img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

Do we have a governor in this lagos state?
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ephi123(f): 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Can Ambode wake up already?! Which kind of olodo governor is this for goodness sake
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by 3kay945(m): 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
This is bad. What is the commissioner of police doing? If this becomes a trend then we are in for trouble o.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by demandtruth: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beremx:
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!

have you suddenly become a wailer?

Ambode is the governor; deal with that ooooo
he's not the police.

all these are as a result of the thugs used by pdp that have now
become redundant; opc inclusive
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by menix(m): 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
Yet the governor is there forming twitter warrior..
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by walozanga(m): 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=castroevans post=39607947]Sorry about the loss...
In as much as i'm not in support of theft, I believe anyone who leaves home pretty early should prepare for this. Once u get into your car, all ur valuables should be kept hidden and leave one or two unimportant things at their disposal. I have a samsung Note 2 I rarely use but it's in my car, I have decided to sacrifice it should it occur (I reject it though) and a superiority wrist watch.
Always prepare for the raining day. [/quote

Wat will happen will happen u might end up receiving a gun shot wen they come and find out u hide it... Any man that left his home with a gun for robbery is not joking oooh... If u jam u will believe. Give them all cos with ur life u can have more
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
At 5a.m, a woman ought to be satisfying her hubby in bed. What's she looking for? Career?

BTW, Buhari promised to recruit 1,000,000 police officers, right?
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ephi123(f): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
demandtruth:

have you suddenly become a wailer?

Ambode is the governor; deal with that ooooo
he's not the police.

all these are as a result of the thugs used by pdp that have now
become redundant; opc inclusive

Ambode is not the police but it is his JOB to ensure security of lives and properties in the state he governs!
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Its about time people get strapped,get yourself a licensed piece people

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Charly68: 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lagos is missing Fasola already .these nonsense won't occur during his tenor ..The boys dread Fasola . A no nonsense Governor.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by camry2008: 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
Am sorry for Lagocians for voting for this Man, Ambode will start work about a year to the end of his first tenure just to attract ur Vote again, to be honest can anyone compare Fashola with this man??
1. Traffic robbery on increase
2. Traffic situation on increase
3. Police brutality on increase
4. Area boys activities on increase
5. Long peaceful Oshodi is now a no go area.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ignis: 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:
Women should stop leaving home before daybreak or late into the nights.
And you think men can't be robbed.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by simplycarro: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
ignis:

And you think men can't be robbed.
Says who?, but so far, the ladies have been far more susceptible to these opportunistic attacks.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by anytexy: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jonathan resign Now!
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by DipoDee: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beremx:
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!

Well, what do you expect when a plus-size male model with great taste for colourful blazers is voted in as governor cheesy
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by demandtruth: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
ephi123:

Ambode is not the police but it is his JOB to ensure security of lives and properties in the state he governs!

Right, you are

my reference was to the fact that she wishes Fashola continues
as governor.
she'll not accept the same from the wailer when they they wish
gej continues

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by DipoDee: 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Our leaders are so daft that, a metro city as big as Lagos do not have things put in place to decongest traffic and provide alternative routes to heavily plied roads. Yet people pay tax and several other levies.

Well, the money meant for the development of the city is probably cooling in one Swiss account under the name of a distant relative.
The only thing our leaders know how to do excellently is stealing.

Yet these baboons we call politicians and leaders will go to other countries and enjoy the brainwork of public servants like them.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by honeywealth75(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
castroevans:
Sorry about the loss...
In as much as i'm not in support of theft, I believe anyone who leaves home pretty early should prepare for this. Once u get into your car, all ur valuables should be kept hidden and leave one or two unimportant things at their disposal. I have a samsung Note 2 I rarely use but it's in my car, I have decided to sacrifice it should it occur (I reject it though) and a superiority wrist watch.
Always prepare for the raining day.
HI. I MSG U
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by MadCow1: 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
As at the last security briefing I got, the Matter of Traffic Robbery for Lagos don tie two wrapper with head scarf like Aso-Ebi.

Dear Women,

Abeg una make una put all una bag, Laptop, Ipad for inside Boot when una dey move. Women are the favourite prey for these robbers.

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by basileze: 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ambode is busy sharing Money with his Godfathers...

Eko ti bajeee ooooooo
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Spybradd: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Why can't Ambo blame Buhari? I thought Fash was fond of blaming Jonathan.

word
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Spybradd: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
castroevans:
Sorry about the loss...
Always prepare for the raining day.

losers theory...theory of faithlessness...theory of fear of the unknown.....and 4 whimps liked this theory of knock knee post! undecided

Angel Obrien Ibekwe Shot Dead In Owerri This Afternoon (Graphic Pics) / 81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men / Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62