Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos (46942 Views)

Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos / See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
The police are always daring to confront okada riders but when they see or hear that armed robbers are operating nearby,they will abandon their rifle and flee.

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by favourlove1: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
You chase them out of the street with no alternative...demolish their houses with no alternative you take away their livelihood n you expect not to be robbed? U must be joking!!!
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by lalaciousfellow(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
The level of robbery this days is getting high. and the nigerian Police are not living up to their responsibilities. I have even lost faith in them. last week Thursday I was pick pocketed by this hoodlums at Oshodi. thank God I was smart and saw them. I jacked the guy and we fought. a Police was stationed there looking at us. even when I was shouting thief thief. some of this Police men work hand in hand with this hoodlums. #policecanneverbemyfriend#

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ooshinibos: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-from-another-traffic-robbery-in.html

go and buy car cctv ..this may deter the thieves
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by masseratti: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Is that wrong?
whether it's wrong or right, you can see that he is very unpopular right now, the rules he revised were brought in my Tinubu and enforced by Fashola and it worked to an extent. Am not a judge I can't say if it's wrong or right but we don't have the database nor the technology to enforce just ticketing of traffic offenders.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A GOVERNMENT THAT LARGELY EMPOWERED MISCREANTS TO RAIN TERROR ON ANYONE/GROUP THAT STANDS IN THEIR WAY TO VICTORY....APC IN THE CENTER,APC IN THE STATE FIGHTING CROSS BORDER TERRORISM BUT HAVENT WON THE WAR AGAINST TRAFFIC AGBEROS..MAYBE GOV AMBODE SHOULD GIVE LAGOSIANS A DATE(DECEMBER)LIKE OUR GCFR
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Charly68:
Lagos is missing Fasola already .these nonsense won't occur during his tenor ..The boys dread Fasola . A no nonsense Governor.
Na dem agberos vote am in , so he will do nothing

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
favourlove1:
You chase them out of the street with no alternative...demolish their houses with no alternative you take away their livelihood n you expect not to be robbed? U must be joking!!!
U are a confirmed armed robber
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Atk1nson(m): 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beremx:
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!

back in d days when Lagos was 'working'
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
Astonvanquish:
I really love your opinion, beside that we can avoid picking up calls when driving especially ladies,whatever it is it can wait or attach a Bluetooth device to your radio and hide the phone and other important valuables somewhere discrete,

You can protect yourself from this traffic robberies by installing a window security film,its crystal clear and it will make the windows as strong as the windshield and the back window making it difficult for the traffic robbers to gain entry,

Odikwa bulletproof?
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Daresh(f): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
This is exactly why I quit my job on the island. I just couldn't continue to live like this
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Bollinger(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
My German friend; what does this mean?
Me; someone got robbed in traffic. It's been happening a lot.
My German friend; what is the police doing about it?
Me; what police?
My German friend; what do you mean what police? don't you have a police organization?
Me; I just told you people get robbed almost on a daily basis in almost the same area. Does that sound like a society that has a police structure?
My German friend; My God. Which country is this again?
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Fawklicant: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beremx:
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!

He is still posing for paparrazzi. A-pee-cheat at the state level, A-pee-cheat at the center. Unison in docility!

Unfortunately, Ambo doesnt have a PDP predeccessor to blame, so he is mute. Bu-bu on the other hand will blame GEJ even when his sh.it is constipated. Change? Sure!

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by kaykay1980: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
SAME THING HERE . MY FAMILY WAS ROBBED ON SUNDAY MORNING IN IKORODU.SO WHAT IS AMBODE DOING
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by alexis(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-from-another-traffic-robbery-in.html

If I say make we all get gun na, una go dey shout say this no be America. Are there other non-lethal means of protection for women or men? pepper spray, tasers etc.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by therapistmrs: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
this is horrific. governor Amobode and commissioner of police in lagos state over to you.TAKE ACTION FAST
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by gokuu(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:

Says who?, but so far, the ladies have been far more susceptible to these opportunistic attacks.
You sound like a sexist douche. Do you have any set of facts to back up your unfounded claims of women being more susceptible to robbery? Do you even have a fickle on how many robberies happen in the state?
I think you should stick to condemning the robberies and offering your thoughts on solutions rather than dictating when women get on and off the road.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by madjune(m): 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
I pity people who drive past Oshodi way after 7pm.

Every driver is at the mercy of these break and snatch boys.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Afroconnect: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lagos is boiling while ambode is club hopping
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by daveP(m): 12:23am On Nov 03, 2015
And the Gov'r wants us to know he tweets and grams and expect us to rate him by that.

Misplaced Priorities is a lenient tag

Unfound Priorities would do. He hasnt found what is prior yet.

FireBrigadism

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 03, 2015
Those robbers were gainfully employed during GEJ's era but went out of jobs as soon as Body Odour fresident took over! Lagosians...enjoy your CHANGE! grin grin

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Divepen1(m): 1:46am On Nov 03, 2015
hhhmmm
hhmmm
Download my book for free at
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172#
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by basit322(m): 3:07am On Nov 03, 2015
yanabasee:
Now.... No blame's pushed to the government.... They writer's only concern about the effect on the victim... Nobody is talking about the way out....

I tot the governor had purchase more cctv cameras to be wired across lagos to reduce traffic robbery... Or was this some lies that we've always been fed with?

Well... I'm blaming Buhari for all the misfortunes that have befall the citizens ever since he became the president!

That will not stop the robbery attack coz nigeria government only act when an important personnel is involve not a common nigeria
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ipreach: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Lagos is becoming rough under Ambode
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by murmee: 10:11am On Nov 03, 2015
simplycarro:

No, but the life is more important than keeping a job that exposes you to danger at such hours of the day.
If you don't have a job (money) to sustain your life, you will also be exposed to dangers of hunger, debts, depression etc
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Sunseeker: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2015
And yet we Promote Tourism and Carnival in Nigeria !!!
OK.....One Love angry
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by fm7070: 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
The robbery is highly condemned but people should learn defensive driving, and be security conscious when driving.
Where the OP was robbed is a very dangerous place to drive slowly by that time of the day.
If she had probably been driving smartly, the robbers would either have themselves knocked by the vehicle,
but won't have been able to robbed her. May God help you to recover the loss.

Lady Stabs Boyfriend To Death With Knife (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased / Robbers Attack Plateau POS Shop, 4 Customers Shot