Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos (46934 Views)

Lady Shot Dead In Ikorodu Traffic Robbery, Daughter Kidnapped... Photos / See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by ceometromedia: 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-from-another-traffic-robbery-in.html

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by HungerBAD: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
This is bad.

From what i have been reading online, i think robbery in Lagos has gone high for sometime now. The Government should please look into this menace.

11 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Very pathetic situation embarassed

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sorry about the loss...
In as much as i'm not in support of theft, I believe anyone who leaves home pretty early should prepare for this. Once u get into your car, all ur valuables should be kept hidden and leave one or two unimportant things at their disposal. I have a samsung Note 2 I rarely use but it's in my car, I have decided to sacrifice it should it occur (I reject it though) and a superiority wrist watch.
Always prepare for the raining day.

9 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by hob(m): 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Where r the police when u need them, instead they r busy killing innocent civilians

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Beremx(f): 12:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!

70 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
Why can't Ambo blame Buhari? I thought Fash was fond of blaming Jonathan.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by simplycarro: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Women should stop leaving home before daybreak or late into the nights.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by masseratti: 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Why can't Ambo blame Buhari? I thought Fash was fond of blaming Jonathan.
haba Tonye at no point did Fashola blamed Gej for traffic robberies oooooooo, our new Governor wanted to be a populist Governor that's why he relaxed lastma mode of operations,whivh has in turn back fired,issuing just ticket alone to traffic offenders will not deter an average Lagosian especially Danfo drivers,they are the major cause of the traffic couple with pot holes around major roads.

4 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by masseratti: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:
you will provide food for them right?

28 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Beremx:
While Lagosians are being robbed daily especially on the road, Ambode is yet to realize that he's the governor of Lagos.

Oh! I miss Fashola's government!
in @aresa voice: he's an Orobo erand boy aka ninja turtle.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:
Not when they have a job to keep. cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by yanabasee(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Now.... No blame's pushed to the government.... They writer's only concern about the effect on the victim... Nobody is talking about the way out....

I tot the governor had purchase more cctv cameras to be wired across lagos to reduce traffic robbery... Or was this some lies that we've always been fed with?

Well... I'm blaming Buhari for all the misfortunes that have befall the citizens ever since he became the president!

2 Likes

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by simplycarro: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
masseratti:
you will provide food for them right?
RichDad1:

Not when they have a job to keep. cry
No, but the life is more important than keeping a job that exposes you to danger at such hours of the day.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:

No, but the life is more important than keeping a job that exposes you to danger at such hours of the day.
Unfortunately, that's the harsh reality we have to face. Except, the husband is making a reasonable amount to sustain the family.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
masseratti:
haba Tonye at no point did Fashola blamed Get for traffic robberies oooooooo, our new Governor wanted to be a populist Governor that's why he relaxed lastma mode of operations,whivh has in turn back fired,issuing just ticket alone to traffic offenders will not deter an average Lagosian especially Danfo drivers,they are the major cause of the traffic couple with pot holes around major roads.
Is that wrong?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by damton(m): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
g
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by iamsodium(m): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
God help us
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Icecomrade: 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2015

Nigeria as a country is broke!
Buhari is not broke!!
Nigerians are broke!!

Maybe Buhari is a Miser!!!

Maybe Lagosians are resorting to robbery to survive!!!!
Hunger is making them even more daring!!!!!

Still wondering how broke this country will turn out when the government they start executing projects.

Lolz

Nigerians suffering and dying in silence just to justify voting Buhari

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by sandrajazmin(f): 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Jesus!
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by dwesternmall: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to Careers@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

or

http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers

More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
cry cry cry
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by bisdam9086(m): 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mogbe
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
simplycarro:

And you'll pay them?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by tolexy007(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
shocked.....and that Tinubu Toy is watching... angry angry angry angry
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by FANE4Naija: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by arabianights: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
ceometromedia:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-bUHGndXzvR0/VjdHI13GMZI/AAAAAAAHLNc/pPGmv4z6_YI/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A www.metronaija.com reader tells another horrifying story of a robbery attack in Lagos traffic..

A friend was robbed this morning at about 5.45am or so, just by Muson Center as she made her way to turn under the bridge towards Victoria Island, 2 boys walked up to her and without asking any questions, they just smashed the 2 side windows (passenger's side) of her Toyota Corolla and made away with her handbag which contained her valuables. According to her, they robbed another lady beside her just about the same time she was attacked. She was shaken, and I could understand her fears.

[img]http://4.bp..com/--7W_NCwoa64/VjdHKDJ37DI/AAAAAAAHLNk/woa4jPb1S_I/s400/2.jpg[/img]
My worry about her (and other victims, particularly the ladies) is not the loss of valuables or damage to their vehicles, but the damage to them psychologically, where they now drive to work with so much fear and trepidation whenever they have to slow down either at a traffic light or to make way for another vehicle to pass. And you know what, they'll leave with that fear for a long time because they need to be at work early, and the Employer isn't going to understand that they had to wait for daylight before setting out to work.

I imagine my young friend driving to work tomorrow morning (on her way from the mainland), and having to pass by her regular route; she'd probably freak out whenever she sees any male walk by or towards her regardless of his intentions. This menace is causing damage that will require time to heal, and I say its totally unnecessary. If we know the dark spots and have been reporting on same, then why cant the authorities ensure that such areas are properly manned during peak traffic hours? I just don't get it!

Beyond rhetoric, here's an appeal from a concerned Lagosian to the Government to really act now and restore our confidence in their ability to secure us, because from where I stand, it may make a lot of sense to get armed (I mean with a Gun, not a knife please!) so that if ever you get robbed in traffic and the guy is walking away, you probably take out your piece from your glove compartment or under your seat and plant a few pellets into his fleeing backside to serve as a deterrent to others with similar tendencies. Selah!

By the way, my friend was thankfully unharmed

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/11/photos-from-another-traffic-robbery-in.html

5.45 am........hmmmmmm.what women go through to keep their homes .

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
hmmn.. dis insecurity issue is getting more serious by d day in lagos..
Ambode,i av nt seen ur handwork o..

BTW,Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by Michellla(f): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
what exactly is the governor doing?
oh i forgot.social networking.
Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by arabianights: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Astonvanquish:
I really love your opinion, beside that we can avoid picking up calls when driving especially ladies,whatever it is it can wait or attach a Bluetooth device to your radio and hide the phone and other important valuables somewhere discrete,

You can protect yourself from this traffic robberies by installing a window security film,its crystal clear and it will make the windows as strong as the windshield and the back window making it difficult for the traffic robbers to gain entry,

aaannnndd is it also bullet proof?

1 Like

Re: Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos by airsaylongcon: 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
castroevans:
Sorry about the loss...
In as much as i'm not in support of theft, I believe anyone who leaves home pretty early should prepare for this. Once u get into your car, all ur valuables should be kept hidden and leave one or two unimportant things at their disposal. I have a samsung Note 2 I rarely use but it's in my car, I have decided to sacrifice it should it occur (I reject it though) and a superiority wrist watch.
Always prepare for the raining day.

I have a Samsung Note 1 that is in intensive care unit (hanging on to life). I will be willing to do a trade up for your Note 2.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Kills Motorcyclist In Delta, Injures Passenger While Being Chased / 81-Year-Old Woman Raped And Robbed In Ghana By 3 Men / Lady Stabs Boyfriend To Death With Knife (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.