Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,588 members, 7,861,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71090 Views)

Poll: Do You Want Ade To Leave Arsenal FC?

Yes - Sell him immediately: 28% (17 votes)
Yes - Use the money to strengthen the team: 41% (25 votes)
No - Ade has been maltreated by the press: 10% (6 votes)
Not unless he is replaced, I will be sad to see him go: 18% (11 votes)
Unsure: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
and still they say Man City wont qualify for the CL. August don reach, we willl soon see tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

and still they say Man City wont qualify for the CL. August don reach, we willl soon see tongue grin

Are the CL rep teams decided in August?
Dont be an idiot. . .
The squad depth, balance and consistency of that team wont be decided in a full season
Mind you, injuries will rear it's ugly head too!
Stop being a dumbo grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2009
Am still not convince that Man city will be in top 4 grin. May will soon come tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are the CL rep teams decided in August?
Dont be an idiot. . .
The squad depth, balance and consistency of that team wont be decided in a full season
Mind you, injuries will rear it's ugly head too!
Stop being a dumbo grin

Injury has already reared it's head Brash - Kompany is out for a long stretch with a toe injury, Santa Cruz is recovering from injury (another perpetual injury candidate) amongst others.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2009
So their Reserves will be like

Dunne
Zabaleta
kompany
Fernandez
SWP
Petrov
Bellamy
Roque

Can't tell if I am missing out on someone. . . They are still better equipped for injuries than you.
And don't act like we don't know RVP, Rosicky, Nasri and Fab will be visiting the meds soon. .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2009
I think LeProf has finally lost it! Word has it that Eboue is following the Kolo trail and is heading for Fiorentina. In the past, I wouldn't have believed it but then, that's how the Ade, then Kolo rumour started.

By the way, when I say Arsene has lost it, I don't mean to say he is finished as a manager, nah, far from it. However, I think Arsene and the board may have reached a compromise to remain perpetual 4th place finishers. We have officially, with the sale of Kolo and Ade and impeding sale of Eboue, become a trading club!

Like someone analysed above, we only have about 16 million to spend (assuming that's how much we get from Toure's sale) plus whatever we get from Eboue's sale. Now I remember clearly last season, Arsene himself said that we lacked a quality player in the DM position, especially a layer with ''experience'' (his words). I am still waiting for him to do something about it. However, if he sticks to Denilson/Diaby/Song to fill this position, Il just resign myself to fate of another 4th place finishing.

Again, I bring up the Silvestre issue. Arsene has cost us the league and some cups in the past years by refusing to have enough back ups in defence. He never seems to learn from his mistakes and it seems everyone sees it except him. We have used Flamini at left back, an inexperienced Song at CB, and even Silvestre at LB all because of Arsene's stubborness and refusal to bolster his defence. Now we are going into another season, ready to make the same mistake. He said he has 7 CBs already. I don't know what he is talking about cos I can only count 5 (Kolo, Gallas, Djorou, maybe Song and Vermallien). Senderous and Silvestre should NEVER play for arsenal in defence. From what I saw of Senderous at DM (in just one game so I don't wanna say much of it), maybe DM is where he should stay! As for Silvestre, he should be given out ASAP to Bordaux or even Enyimba! That will save us the amount of money we are paying for his wages! Now of the 5 above, Kolo is gone already baring some last minute hitches, so we have four of which Gallas and Vermallien will definitely start. Now with all due respect to Verm, but he is a player joining a new league, with play faster and much more rugged than he is used to. What if he flops? or what if like Toure, he doesn't pair well with Gallas? Also if Gallas gets injured like he did last season, we are left with Song and Djorou to pair with Vermallien! I can't but just put my chin on my palm and watch.

In my opinion, Kolo should have stayed and we should have waited at least till next season before sellling him. But thats gone now and he is gone. Now Wenger needs to show us he is actually serious about contending for the title by bring in a DM. An experienced one for that matter and not Matuidi!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

Injury has already reared it's head Brash - Kompany is out for a long stretch with a toe injury, Santa Cruz is recovering from injury (another perpetual injury candidate) amongst others.

GBAM! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2009
We shouldn't even be discussing ManCity! As long as Hughes is manager, they will not get into the top four and as for the 2009/10 season, they would have lost a lot of matches before deciding to sack Hughes aqnd by then, the damage would have been done. But in terms of comparisons (for all the overnight City fans out there), I admit they have a deeper and stronger squad than we do. Also to their advantage is the money factor. If any player gets injured or doesn't live up, they jus sell him or bench him and buy another one come January. Unlike us, Arsene  will rather go to the youth team to look for a player or sell someone to bring another in.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2009
nateevs:

So their Reserves will be like
Dunne
Zabaleta
kompany
Fernandez
SWP
Petrov
Bellamy
Roque

Can't tell if I am missing out on someone. . . They are still better equipped for injuries than you.
And don't act like we don't know RVP, Rosicky, Nasri and Fab will be visiting the meds soon. .

Those highlighted two are highly regarded at City, confine them to the bench at your own peril!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2009
Toure at City, sad sad sad sad

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

Kompany is out but they still have toure, getting lescott, Onuoha, Dunne and Richards.
Santa cruz is injured but they still have Adebbayor, Tevez, Robinho, and Bellamy
Summary, they have adequate depth on their bench to cope with such injuries.

Arsenal on the other hand lack the depth or quality to deal with recent departures, forget about injuries. Nasri has opened his account for the season, and we will soon see the usual crocks of RVP, Eduardo, Rosicky et al  on the doctors table grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
proudly9ja:

We shouldn't even be discussing ManCity! As long as Hughes is manager, they will not get into the top four and as for the 2009/10 season, they would have lost a lot of matches before deciding to sack Hughes aqnd by then, the damage would have been done. But in terms of comparisons (for all the overnight City fans out there), I admit they have a deeper and stronger squad than we do. Also to their advantage is the money factor. If any player gets injured or doesn't live up, they jus sell him or bench him and buy another one come January. Unlike us, Arsene  will rather go to the youth team to look for a player or sell someone to bring another in.
Hughes wont win the EPL but will get that CL spot or who is stopping him? Arsenal? Hilarious!!! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Uby40(m): 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2009
ARSENAL IS LOSING ANOTHER BULLET TO MANCITY TOMORROW
KOLO TOURE GOING THE WAY OF ADEBAYOR, WHO'S NEXT?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

Hughes wont win the EPL but will get that CL spot or who is stopping him? Arsenal? Hilarious!!! grin grin grin

Nah, not Arsenal, remember they have to play 19 teams in the premiership! home and away!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2009
proudly9ja:

By the way, when I say Arsene has lost it, I don't mean to say he is finished as a manager, nah, far from it[b]. However, I think Arsene and the board may have reached a compromise to remain perpetual 4th place finishers.[/b] We have officially, with the sale of Kolo and Ade and impeding sale of Eboue, become a trading club!

How do you come by these conclusions?   Honestly, gooners like to fear the worst and create things out of nowhere.

Ade was a disruptive player, he is being sold. Kolo is likely past his best he is being sold. Eboue might be sold, but he's hardly our best player in any of the positions he holds. All the aforementioned players will be missing a 4-8 week period of our season at a most crucial time with it’s attendant effects. Now I’m not saying they all should have been sold, but this in no manner makes us a selling club, whatever that means.

Securing such a good price on players in a recession is without a doubt a smart move – we will never be able to get such a price on them after this window. Granted that one of them (Kolo) might make us potentially weaker, but the window isn’t closed yet.

We all need a bit of perspective – these days of 24/7 news and constant drip drip of speculation and blog hysteria is getting to people.

Gazidis came out not too long ago to say 4th is NOT good enough and that has not changed. How we will achieve an improvement is up for debate, but the ambition at the club cannot be questioned.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2009
city this. . .
city that. . .
abeg make una gree us hear word bo
they won't acheive shyte this season.

biina:

and what makes the b'lose, maure or liverfluke safe?
footie ain't maths you know?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

How do you come by these conclusions?   Honestly, gooners like to fear the worst and create things out of nowhere.

I cant get my head round why gooners are shitting themselves. . . .  
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrNiceGuy5: 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
gunners for life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

Kompany is out but they still have toure, getting lescott, Onuoha, Dunne and Richards.
Dunne the calamity?  grin Richards that his value has gone from 20m to 10m in a season?  grin You're a joker. Their back line is not better than ours in any shape or form, even WITH Toure.

Santa cruz is injured but they still have Adebbayor, Tevez, Robinho, and Bellamy
Bellamy another injury candidate?  grin grin OK I hear you.

Arsenal on the other hand lack the depth or quality to deal with recent departures, forget about injuries. Nasri has opened his account for the season, and we will soon see the usual crocks of RVP, Eduardo, Rosicky et al  on the doctors table grin
Rubbish assertion. We do not lack depth upfront with Bendtner, Vela, Eduardo, RVP and Arshavin.
With fewer forwards we matched the goals scored by the champions, so we are more than capable of doing that again.

Names look good on paper - let's see how they pan out for City.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

I dont understand how you reason at times. . . .
What was our squad depth like last year when we comfortably pinched a CL spot?
Tell me. . . .
How many important players did we lose to injuries, 95% of the squad members we had last year are there
Apart from Ade and the iminent departure of Kolo and possibly Eboue, who else are we missing?
We brought in another quality defender, we have Eduardo back fresh, Rosicky back. . . . .What exactly are you talking about?
The bunch of kids who made up numbers to fill up our squad last year have improved tremendously, what are we missing?
Those kids will destroy any top team on a good day, have you forgotten that?
You baffle me at times. . . . you analysis are consistently flawed and your biased judgements are simply worthless, baseless and pointless!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 4:49pm On Jul 29, 2009
I am predicting a fifth place finish for arsenal this season, to be honest you guys lack the depth

to finish fourth place or challenge for a title. reason being your squad has become weaker, only

a delusional arsenal fan will even dare compare man utd, chelsea, liverpool and man city's squad with theirs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biina: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2009
no need to shout. August don reach.
By August 26, first wind go don blow, and we go see fowl yansh  cheesy

see dem: Arsenal FC of Ijebuland  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2009
tayoccu:

city this. . .
city that. . .
abeg make una gree us hear word bo
they won't acheive shyte this season.

and what makes the b'lose, maure or liverfluke safe?
footie ain't maths you know?

lets wait and see. the truth will be revealed come next may.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
jalether:

I am predicting a fifth place finish for arsenal this season, to be honest you guys lack the depth

to finish fourth place or challenge for a title. reason being your squad has become weaker, only

a delusional arsenal fan will even dare compare man utd, chelsea, liverpool and man city's squad with theirs.

Tru talk is bitter! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2009
biina:

no need to shout. August don reach.
By August 26, first wind go don blow, and we go see fowl yansh  cheesy

see dem: Arsenal FC of Ijebuland  grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMD
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Uby40(m): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2009
ARSENAL WUD REGRET THIS SOONER THAN EXPECTED.
THEY HAVE JUST LOST THEIR SPOT IN BIG FOUR
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2009
jalether:

What does this one know about football
We are not talking about LEATHER PRODUCTS here. . . . .sit your ho' ass down and learn more if you want your contributions to be taken serious!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
BREAKING NEWS: Kolo Toure Passes Manchester City Medical - Report

Kolo Toure's potential move from Arsenal to Manchester City edged a considerable amount closer this afternoon, as the Ivorian passed his medical at the Eastlands club, according to Sky Sports News.

It had earlier been reported that a potential problem over the player's severance payment from Arsenal might scupper the deal, with Toure, who has been at Arsenal for eight years, due a loyalty bonus as he would be eligible for a testimonial at the end of his current contract, which expires in two years time.

Once the details of the severance payment have been ironed out, the move should progress quickly, with the player now discussing personal terms with the club.

Many observers had wondered when City boss Mark Hughes would make moves to strengthen his back line after signing so many strikers, and it looks now as though that process has begin in earnest.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
debosky:

Ade was a disruptive player, he is being sold. Kolo is likely past his best he is being sold. Eboue might be sold, but he's hardly our best player in any of the positions he holds. All the aforementioned players will be missing a 4-8 week period of our season at a most crucial time with it’s attendant effects. Now I’m not saying they all should have been sold, but this in no manner makes us a selling club, whatever that means.

Securing such a good price on players in a recession is without a doubt a smart move – we will never be able to get such a price on them after this window. Granted that one of them (Kolo) might make us potentially weaker, but the window isn’t closed yet.

We all need a bit of perspective – these days of 24/7 news and constant drip drip of speculation and blog hysteria is getting to people.

Gazidis came out not too long ago to say 4th is NOT good enough and that has not changed. How we will achieve an improvement is up for debate, but the ambition at the club cannot be questioned.

Its the same problem we all have, we never learn!
My conclusion is based from the past 4/5 seasons where we have continuosly sold core members of our team and not replaced them. Every season, we have become weaker and so I wont blame any Arsenal fan for any doom and gloom talk. ManU fans might complain over the selling of Ronaldo and Tevez and replacing them with Valencia, Owen, but they have learnt to trust their coach and has he failed them

We used to trust in Wenger but in the past 4/5 seasons, we have continuosly made the same mistakes over and over again.
Il draw you back to when we were building the invincibles. When Henry came in, we didn't sell Bergkamp or een Wright immediately did we? Even when Wright left the following season, Arsene still brought in Davor Suker as an Experienced striker with young Henry, Anelka and Bergkamp. In replacing Bergkamp, he brought in Wiltord (highest goal scorer in the french league at that time).

In midfield, he brought Viera but he had Palour, Petit and Platt! He replaced Platt with Edu but for so many years had Viera and Petit in midfield!

In defence, we had Keown, Adams, Winterburn and Dixon. He didn't bring in Kolo and immediately replaced Adams or Keown! Infact,Kolo was used as an attacking Midfielder before he was converted to CB and Adams and Keown continued their partnerships until Sol and Kolo were ready to take over! Even at RB, Eboue had played a lot of matches at RB to convince both fans and coach that Lauren had outlived his usefulness.

In short, the team was built carefully and gradually and not like what has been happening in the past few years where we have to sell before we can buy. Like I have said over and over again, you don't just bring in players epecially yong ones and expect a miracle from them. Whenever we bring a young player to fill an important position (ala Denilson at DM, Nasri at AM,) we will continue to build and remain in 'transition'! And a team in transition wins abosolutely nothing! not even the Carling Cup!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 5:14pm On Jul 29, 2009
Uby40:

ARSENAL WUD REGRET THIS SOONER THAN EXPECTED.
THEY HAVE JUST LOST THEIR SPOT IN BIG FOUR

you do know we're talking footie here and not 404?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2009
Even Edu agrees with me!

Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva admits that it will be an extremely tough proposition for the club to challenge for the Premier League title this season.

The Gunners finished 18 points adrift of champions Manchester United in fourth spot last term and the club are yet to make any real headway in the transfer market this summer following the sole arrival of Thomas Vermaelen from Ajax.

With Kolo Toure on the verge of joining former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor at Manchester City, many have predicted the Eastlands outfit to challenge the Gunners and their rivals for the title this campaign.

While the majority of Arsenal fans will be hoping their side to mount an assault on the Premier League this season, Croatian international Eduardo has moved to dampen expectations.

"It will be very hard, really very, very hard [to win the Premier League]," the 26-year-old told Sportske novosti.

"Now Kolo Toure is also leaving, so I don't know.

"But of course Arsenal is a club which is always looking for the top spots. I think our main goal will be to be in the top four next season."

With regards to Mark Hughes' Manchester City and their credentials, Eduardo believes balance could be the problem in their quest for Premier League glory.

"They are stronger, no doubt, but we have to wait and see how things are going to work," the former Dinamo Zagreb attacker added.

"For example, Adebayor and Santa Cruz can't play together. Tevez can play behind strikers and he even helps defending, but those two just can't play together.

"I would say the same as for us - it will be hard for them to win the Premier League.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Uby40(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2009
nateevs:

So very soon . . . We should see them line up like this

------------------------Given-------------------------

-Richards------Toure----Lescott-------Bridge---

---------De Jong------

--------Barry---- -----Ireland------

-----Tevez --Ade/Roque- ----Robinho-

This worries me . . . and they could buy even more if they want to.

THE QUESTION IS WHAT BECOMES OF THIS TEAM IF THEY END UP WITH A BARREN SEASON,
OR DO YOU ALL THINK MANUTD,CHELSEA,LIVERPOOL WUD SIT BACK AND WATCH THEN CUP ALL TROPHIES?

, BIG LIE!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.