Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored (12780 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene / My Take On Chimamanda "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Does Anyone Feel The Same Way To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Odkboy23(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2015
I prefer Purple Hibiscus but half of the yellow sun is good also.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by saintkel(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2015
bolafez:
this BBC people sef are promoting BIAFRA, why will a book written to split Nigeria be awarded?
Olodo, wen u go get sense

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by slap1(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2015
Congrats to her. Well deserved award.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by SuPeRq(f): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2015
Great
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2015
fulaniHERDSman:
Foooolish Nyamiri and turenci angry
If she is a definition of foolishness then I wonder what you are, you are dead already

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Now,that's a lady with class. Thumbs up Ngozi.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by mynaijainfo(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Congrats to Chimamanda for taking writing to a new dimension. Sometimes, I wonder if this lady is actually Igbo..... cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by slap1(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Odkboy23:
I prefer Purple Hibiscus but half of the yellow sun is good also.

I prefer Americanah, it was as audacious as Half of a Yellow Sun too.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by sageLawson(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2015
she's just too good. . .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by mynaijainfo(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2015
U
Reyginus:
Lalasticlala, this is a good thing.

Sorry, who is Lalasticlala?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by SpaceTour: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2015
Anambra born Chimamanda is doing Nigeria proud at the world stage..

Anambra erika..

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2015
deramarks:
Am comin amanda to take down dat book nd put. Mine up I love u amanda nd I hope to do beta wit diz ma book on d go watch out for me

You don't have to take down someone else's book for yours to shine or be up. If you're good enough, yours will shine as well.
Simple!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by tupacshakur(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2015
That lady is a born-writer!

I wished the novel, "Half of a yellow sun" would never end. That book was absolutely riveting and "un-put-downable".

I admire her "Africanness" too!

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Congrats to her!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by harryubak(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2015
A big big congratulations to her. I was completely captivated by the book and completely enjoyed it. Made me to also read her Americanah. Award well deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Odkboy23(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2015
slap1:

I prefer Americanah, it was as audacious as Half of a Yellow Sun too.
I will try read it soon but have you read Purple Hibiscus?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2015
mynaijainfo:
U

Sorry, who is Lalasticlala?
I think she/he did heed to my call. She/he knows a thing on how topics appear in the Homepage.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Uncletony(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2015
VickyRotex:

Akoi lafia ne? undecided

U dey even follow the ma.d cattle from the ''NUT'' write his useless language!!...

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2015
saintkel:
And she's from Anambra State, d state of intellects, proud to come from Anambra state
you Igbos sound so foolish sometimes. You guys are so fooolish that you take every achievement to state level. Instead of you to praise the young lady as Igbo woman you are seeing her as someone from Anambra. You guys are already divided and you are talking of Biafra.
I have not seen any yoruba who talks about state instead of Yoruba as a group.

That's why all of you have threads of all your state separately while yorubas have one for all their states.

Biafra will be a disaster. My people think twice already. No more support for your useless Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by deramarks(f): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2015
evegran:

You don't have to take down someone else's book for yours to shine or be up. If you're good enough, yours will shine as well.
Simple!
nd wu folo u talk?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by ernesty20(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2015
lasisi69:
End time
u keep commenting "end time" wetin sef?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Balkan(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Ogonimilitant:
you Igbos sound so foolish sometimes. You guys are so fooolish that you take every achievement to state level. Instead of you to praise the young lady as Igbo woman you are seeing her as someone from Anambra. You guys are already divided and you are talking of Biafra.

That's why all of you have threads of all your state separately while yorubas have one for all their states.

Biafra will be a disaster. My people think twice already. No more support for your useless Biafra.
I think you have a point. I think very soon we will be talking of Republic of Anambara

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by bolabolakemi(f): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2015
Kudos to Chimamanda. She's got talent cool

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by falseman(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Ogonimilitant:

Calm down bro. Even as a family in Igbo land there's always a competition that's just the hunger within igbos it doesn't mean division or hatred. Between Serena Williams and Venus Williams you have to still diffentiate rather than call them Williams family.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Regis001: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2015
AWESOME, thank you, Chimamanda, for making our country proud.
Your book will be celebrated for generations to come.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by ezeagu(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2015
fulaniHERDSman:
Foooolish Nyamiri and turenci angry

bolafez:
this BBC people sef are promoting BIAFRA, why will a book written to split Nigeria be awarded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGAiW5dOnKo

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by kehyndey(f): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Congrats
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Purple Hibsicus
Half of yellow sun(my biafra flag)
Americanah

the danger of single story
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by uncjay(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2015
Congratulations...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by meolaniyi(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2015
SpaceTour:
Anambra born Chimamanda is doing Nigeria proud at the world stage..

Anambra erika..
go sidan for doti. Imo people are better richer than Anambra. Ask any Imo person
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by ezeagu(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2015
meolaniyi:
go sidan for doti. Imo people are better richer than Anambra. Ask any Imo person

You guys better not start this nonsense oh! After now you will ask why people insult you people.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored by emmalexabl(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2015
Ogonimilitant:

You are very correct my brother.,
Igbos are much divided than you even think..
I was humbled when i saw that single yoruba thread for all SW states...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life Of An Abuja Boy / The Devil's Love (a Tale Of A Rapist) By John Mfon / How To Write And Secret To Passing Toefl Exams At One Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.