Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Bound To Fail - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bound To Fail (9545 Views)

This Is Why Successful People Would Rather Succeed Slowly Than Fail Fast / Path To Unveiling Your Purpose (why We Fail) / University-bound; John's Reminiscence Of His Undergraduate Days... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2016
Episode 26
Karina frowned at her reflection in the mirror. She looked like she had tried to hard and she had no idea why. She was wearing a red chiffon short dress that accentuated her curves with a gold strap heel and a gold clutch purse. With her makeup application a little bit over the top. She had taken her time moisturizing her face,putting on face primer before going on to the rest. She felt like she was trying too hard to impress. She had never been this way with any man, not even Nick. With Nick she had felt the need to just be herself.
"Maybe it is just because of his first inpression about me, i dont want him to think less of me" she said to herself. But deep down she knew that she was lying. She liked this jerk. She frowned once more. "I cant believe this!, just when i thought i had sworn off relationships". She stared at her watch. It was past the time for her date. A little waiting for him would do.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Bella stared at the groom with hate. She couldn't belive that he could go through with this. Well, he did and he is already married to her. The evening reception looked glamorous with plenty known faces, from top business men to Nick's friends. Tari looked happy. Happy wasn't even the e
word to call it, she looked like she had won a lottery.
Nick could feel someone's intense stare on him and he had to turn around making eye contact with Bella and he walked up to her.
"Hi"he said guiltily.
"You look happy" Bella said ignoring his greetings.
"This look on my face is all but a facade"Nick answered.
"Well it doesn't look so to me. Congratulations on your wedding" Bella said turning around to leave.
"How is Karina" His question stopped her in her tracks.
"Karina is doing great. She left you know?" Bella asked pricking on Nick's conscience.
"She left Lagos?" He asked dumbfoundedly.
"Yes she did" Bella said as a matter of factly.
"To where"He asked.
"It is best that you concentrate on your marriage, happy married life" With that she left leaving Nick staring into space.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by Missmossy(f): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
Really captivating, kudos.

More updates biko.

2 Likes

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Missmossy:
Really captivating, kudos.

More updates biko.

Thank you . Will try updating longer episodes.
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 11:35am On Feb 18, 2016
No she didn't leave Lagos! She stayed to nurse her broken heart..Mtcheeew! Foolish man!
Ride on Leriebloom...More updates pls..#olivertwist
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
heemah:
No she didn't leave Lagos! She stayed to nurse her broken heart..Mtcheeew! Foolish man!
Ride on Leriebloom...More updates pls..#olivertwist
Lolz, would be updating right after this.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Episode 27.
"You look beautiful" Mr Francis said, his words barely a whisper and all Karina could do was smirk.
"Is that a compliment?" she asked still smirking.
"I am afraid it is" Mr Francis smiled."And i thought you stood me up" he completed.
"I just felt like making you wait a little" Karina said smiling.
Mr Francis frowned."I see"
karina gave him another big smile.
"You still owe me an apology you know?" Mr Francis said smirking.
"Apology for what exactly?" Karina asked.
"For speaking rudely to me earlier.That is the whole essence of this dinner remember?" Mr Francis asked searching her eyes like he was looking for something.
Karina stared right back "Are you sure that was the only reason you asked me to come here?" she challenged.
Mr Francis smiled, "What do you think?" he asked, his voice deep. A voice that Karina would love to keep hearing.
"That you have other intentions" she answered.
"Intentions like?" he asked and a frown marred karina's forehead.
"Intentions like asking me out" Karina said bluntly as she watched a smile beginning to form on his lips.
"I like you, you dont beat around the bush. I am not the romantic type. I am not good with words. So when i see a person i like and see myself being with i say it" he paused and Karina swallowed hard "I like you Karina. It is a feeling that i have not felt for a long time, would you be my girlfriend Karina?" Karina loved her name on his lips but she had to be realistic, she was just getting out of an ugly relationship and she sure as heck didn't want Mr Francis to be her rebound guy.
"Mr Francis....." Karina began but was cut short by him.
"Call me Joseph" he said.
"Okay Joseph, i wont deny my obvious feelings for you and how it still baffles me, but i just got out a relationship that virtually broke me"Karina said softly and Joseph stared at her with understanding.
"You need your time, i know. So i am going to wait until you are ready" Joseph said taking her hand. The contact seemed intimate and Karina all but swooned.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"Nick just touch me, goddammit!!!" Tari shouted trying to get Nick's attention.
"I am in no mood for this Tari"Nick said standing up and grabbing a pillow heading for the couch but he was stopped by Tari's screeching voice.
"You must touch me ooo Nick, you must touch me because i didint bargain for this sh!t, i didn't. This is our honeymoon and the whole essence of this honeymoon is to come together as husband and wife so you just have to get into that mood Nick, just force it out!" Tari shouted aloud causing Nick to cringe. He was in deep sh!t if this was what his marriage with Tari was going to be like.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
I truly hope that this wasn't too short.
Re: Bound To Fail by CuteTolex(f): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
Way too short
Re: Bound To Fail by CuteTolex(f): 8:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hoping for more update tonight
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
Episode 28
Karina and Joseph held hands. Karina felt happy, this was a feeling that she thought had been destroyed when Nick dumped her. Joseph claimed that he wasn't a romantic, and yet his actions spoke differently. She smiled, this feeling was a bliss.
"What are you thinking?" Joseph asked.
"Was thinking about how i could get used to this, holding hands with you, taking a stroll through the night without giving a damn about what would happen next, it has been two weeks since the first time we met and all i can think about is how i could get used this kind of friendship. Who knew that the famous Mr Francis, owner of BuxTec co.ltd, one of the most ruthless and the most eligible bachelor in this state would be taking a stroll with plain me, a nobody" Joseph shut her up with a kiss. Karina was speechless, 6she couldn't move her lips, but she did immedietly Joseph coaxed her lips, sucking on her bottom lips. Karina sighed as her eyes closed on their own will, she moved closer to Joseph and placed her hands on his chest. She loved the broadness of his chest, she loved the feel of his heartbeat beneath her palm. She nibbled on his lower lip causing him to groan as he brought her head closer with his hand. He traced her lip with his tongue and coaxed her lips open causing their lip lock to become a full blown out french kiss. Giving her a peck on the lips he stepped back ending the kiss.
Karina looked up at him in confusion and Joseph gave her a heart breaking smile. "Never underestimate yourself again, ever" Joseph said and all Karina could do was nod.
"I have been meaning to talk to you Karina" Joseph said changing the topic and Karina frowned unhappy about the manner in which he changed subjects so fast.
"About what?" Karina asked.
"About your ex boyfriend"Joseph said softly and Karina could feel her eyes getting teary. Guess she hadn't forgotten about him after all.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
A teaser for you guys.
Who do you think is better of with Karina, Nick or Joseph?
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 9:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
CuteTolex:
Hoping for more update tonight
Lol, just updated more.
Re: Bound To Fail by Feyikemi12(f): 10:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
I think Nick is better
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 12:04am On Feb 19, 2016
They say the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know but the case I'd different here..Don't know much about Joseph yet but I'd prefer him to Nick..
Re: Bound To Fail by Missmossy(f): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nick for me! Keep it coming,interesting.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by mopolord(m): 1:07am On Feb 21, 2016
ur story is touchin,i felt sowi 4 karina cos even in reality dats hw guy shatter most gals hrt.it only d intelligent gals dat are not easily swayed by emotion dat wil not fal in their trap.lest i 4get i cut cap 4 ur write up dude,keep it rolin
Re: Bound To Fail by joanee20(f): 10:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Nick all the way...they have known each other for years and they are compatible...its better to be with a guy who makes you be yourself than one you would always want to impress..IMO though...
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
mopolord:
ur story is touchin,i felt sowi 4 karina cos even in reality dats hw guy shatter most gals hrt.it only d intelligent gals dat are not easily swayed by emotion dat wil not fal in their trap.lest i 4get i cut cap 4 ur write up dude,keep it rolin
Thank you.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
joanee20:
Nick all the way...they have known each other for years and they are compatible...its better to be with a guy who makes you be yourself than one you would always want to impress..IMO though...
Even after he is married?
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Missmossy:
Nick for me! Keep it coming,interesting.
Thank you.
Re: Bound To Fail by joanee20(f): 5:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Leriebloom:
Even after he is married?
Am quiet sure he will soon be unmarried.. LOL grin
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2016
Episode 29
Karina told Joseph all there was to know about Nick.About her failed relationship with him and Joseph as the understanding man he was, held her while she cried. The memory of Nick still hurt but she was moving on, it was best if she did.
"I am sorry Karina,sorry about what you had to go through. Please just give me a chance" Joseph said softly.
"Dont you think that we are moving too fast?"Karina asked
"I love you Karina"Joseph admitted moving closer.
All Karina could do was to stare at him in awe. This man loved her. He meant it. She knew from the spark in his eyes. His eyes spoke everything that his lips could not speak.
"You really love me?"Karina asked again.
"Yes Karina i___"She cut him short and kissed him.
"Thank you Joseph, thank you for loving me" Karina said with tearsfilled eyes.
Joseph shook his head "No Karina, i should be thanking you for coming into my life and not the other way around" Joseph said with so much emotion that made Karina's tears to drop. No man had ever been sincere to her except for Nick, but Nick was the past now and Joseph was her future.

"I hate you Nick!, you dont care about me or your unborn child. You dont even show me love.I would tell the whole world of how wicked and heartless you can be. I am not asking for too much Nick,all i ask for is your love, your care, your attention and your time. Is that too much to ask?" Tari blabbed and blabbed and blabbed, making Nick wish that there was something he could use to block the noise. This was how his marriage had been for the past 3 weeks. He had cut their honeymoon shprt because he had alot of work at the office. His marriage to Tari was going to be a long one. He was sure about that.

Forgive me for taking so long to update. V been emotionally unstable so i couldnt even think of a thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bound To Fail by Feyikemi12(f): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
It is well sis, the lord is ur strength
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
Feyikemi12:
It is well sis, the lord is ur strength
Thank you
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 7:10am On Mar 05, 2016
Keep calm and believe in God Leriebloom, He 'll grant your heart desires.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2016
heemah:
Keep calm and believe in God Leriebloom, He 'll grant your heart desires.
Thanks alot.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
Episode 30
Karina sat down in the sitting room chatting on her phone while her uncle was sitted on the long couch watching the news. Everytime Karina laughed he would look in her direction but pretend he wasn't seeing her. Her uncle's wife walked into the sitting room with a glass of juice in her hands staring at the excited look on her face. She sat down next to her husband and nudged him gently with an elbow which got his attention. Giving him the juice, she asked "whatsup with Karina?"
Her uncle smiled "I guess its the new merger that is happening to her" he answered taking a sip from his juice.
"Joseph Francis?" she asked and her husband gave a short nod.
"Yea. Him" he answered.
"I think he is just the perfect guy for karina. He is a real gentle man and they both would suit each other just well" she said with a smile.
Meanwhile Karina had dropped her phone watching her uncle and her aunt converse. "You both know i am still here right and that my ears are working perfectly well" Karina said with a playful smile on her lips.
"You have been quite happy lately Karina, thanks to Joseph Francis" her uncle said and all she could do was laugh.
"He is a great guy, very sweet, understanding,nice,caring and he is everything a girl can ever ask for in a guy" Karina said with a sigh and her uncle and aunt nodded in unision with a knowing look.

☆ ¤ ☆ ¤ ☆ ¤ ☆ ¤

"Nelson whqt the heck are you doing in my house?, you are not supposed to be here for christ sake!, you have no business with me" Tari screamed at Nelson who had made himself comfortable in her sitting room.
"That is where you are wrong Tari,the deal was that you have your so called Nick and i have Karina but Karina left and now i want you" Nelson said camly and Tari looked at him in horror.

Battery low, i need to go and charge up now. Might be modifying later tonight. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 11:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
Episode 31
Tari stared at Nelson like i he had grown two heads.
"No,no,no, this cant be happening!, you cant want me Nelson!!!, there is no way you can,its not possible" Tari shouted at Nelson.
"Its hundred percent possible love. I fell in love with you during the cause of the time we were together, i missed you Tari even if you treat me like trash. I need you in my life, i cant imagine my life without you in it" Nelson said with a serious tone.
"I see you are the demon who wants to come and destroy my luck right. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but there is no me and you, so do me a favour and leave, now!"Tari said pointing at the door.
"I am not leaving without you" Nelson said with a threatening tone.
"Are you threatning me Nelson?"Tari asked, clearly shocked.
"Yes i am. This was bound to happen,so dont act like you are so suprised, karma is a b****" Nelson sneered.
"Nelson, i curse the day i met you, curse the day you agreed to help me" Tari said with tears in her eyes and Nelson smiled.
"I am going to give you a month to think, after that month i am coming for you, i don't care if you are not intrested,but i want to you" With Nelson giving her one last smirk, he left.

☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆

"What is going on here?" Karina asked Joseph as she stared at the little crowd in the office holding little love shaped cards with "Please say yes" on it. When her gaze dropped back on Joseph, she noticed that he was on a knee with a diamond ring. She felt her heart beat drastically. This couldn't be, they werent dating. He wouldn't ask her, would he?
"Karina i have grown to love you, i was born to love you, i know there is no other woman better than you for me, i love you with my life Karina, i promise to love you till eternity, till my last breath Karina. Karina would you do me the honour of being my wife?" Joseph asked with eyes sparkling. And in that moment Karina calculated her options. She looked at her uncle and his wife in the midst of the crowd, hands entwined, with the biggest smile on their faces. She weighed her options. Marry a man who loved her in a way no other man had, a man who respected her, who belived in her, a man whom she respected in return,a man whom she had grow fond of. Why the heck not?, she rather be with this man than be alone.
"Yes Joseph Francis i would marry you"Karina had made up her mind.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 11:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
Episode 32.
"No way!,you didnt accept his proposal"Bella screeched on the phone and Karina had to remove the phone from her ears to protect her ear drums.
"I did Bella, i am getting married, i have moved on"Karina said with a sigh.
"But dont you think that is a bit selfish of you?, you dont love this man Karina"Bella reasoned.
"But i respect him, and that my friend that is more than enough for me in my life, i am done with love Bella,it is not for everybody Bella,its for only a few who are lucky to come by it, and too bad i am part of the unlucky ones. I have given up on love already. Care and Respect is all i have to give, that doesn't make me selfish" Karina argued. Changing topic,she switched to Bella's life.
"How is Bryan anyway?"
"Bryan is as sweet as ever,he took me to his family's on tuesday, he is serious abou...." Bella stopped short "Eh Karina, i know what tou are trying to do, you are trying to distract me and it worked"Bella said laughing.
"Anyways,i am happy for you Bella" Karina said.
"Karina would you mind if i call you back,i just spilled my drink on an important document, and i have to gwt it sorted out" Bella said and Karina could hear ruffling sounds.
"Okay babez. Later and good luck with sorting your document out"Karina said laughing.
"Its all your fault jare, anyways, i would get back to you later, bye girl" with that she hung up.

2 Likes

Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2016
Wow!! Good to have you back here Madam Leriebloom. Iffa hear say Karina no love Joseph, but which kain thing be this nah? I wont want her with Nicks at all. That guy is an a**hole! Baby Adult!!
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 12:12am On Mar 20, 2016
Episode 33

Nine months later

"Tari where the heck are you"Nick shouted so loud that his voice could have brought down the roof. Tari on the other hand rushed out.
"Nick do you want to wake little Tamar up?, you know she is a light sleeper and.... " Tari stopped talking when she noticed the pictures on Nick's hands. It was pictures of her with Nelson.
"What the f*** is this Tari, you are nothing but a social climbing fool, and i am done with this farce of a marriage. I am done and over with it" He said throwing the nude pictures of her with Nelson in comproming positions at her" Tari felt her heart shatter as she watched Nick walk out of her. She on the other hand did not waste her time in getting her car keys to go and confront Nelson.

♧¤♧¤♧¤♧¤♧¤♧¤♧
"Nelson get the heck out here" Tari shouted at the top of her voice and Nelson didnt waste his time coming out, with his arms folded giving Tari an annoying smirk which she didn't waste anytime slapping off his face.
"B**** you had the guts to slap me?"Nelson growled out.
"I gave you a month and you didnt contact me. You thought i had let it go, that is where you were wrong Tari, this was the consequence of not contacting me. I want my kid back Tari, it is either you co-operate or you get this the hard way.

☆○☆○☆○☆○☆○☆○☆○☆●☆
A week after
"I look akward,like i am trying so hard to be happy" Karina said smoothing down her wedding dress.
Bella laughed "You look beautiful Karis,i dont think i have seen a bride as beautiful as you are" Bella comforted her bestfriend.
"You are only trying to make me feel better"Karina frowned.
"No i am not, i am saying the truth, you do look gorgeous" Bella said giving Karina a bear hug.
"I think i needed that, thank you so much Bella, you are the bestfriend one could ever ask for" karina said teary eyed.
"Dont you dare let that tear drop, you would mess the makeup and we wont want that" Bella said with a stern voice and Karina laughed. "Thank you Bells for everything'
"You are welcome hun"Bella said with a smile.
"Now are you ready to go and face the crowd, because they are waiting" Bella asked.
"I guess i am" Karina said with a short nod.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 12:18am On Mar 20, 2016
heemah:
Wow!! Good to have you back here Madam Leriebloom. Iffa hear say Karina no love Joseph, but which kain thing be this nah? I font want here with Nicks at all. That guy is an a**hole! Baby Adult!!
Hahahahagrin. Thank you heemah.
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 7:04am On Mar 20, 2016
Pls check the last update, there are few typos there, also mistaken Nelson's name for Nicks in d third paragraph.
make Nicks no kum spoil Karina's wedding ooo.. Abeg!
Dandypearl, where art thou?
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
heemah:
Pls check the last update, there are few typos there, also mistaken Nelson's name for Nicks in d third paragraph.
make Nicks no kum spoil Karina's wedding ooo.. Abeg!
Dandypearl, where art thou?
Thanks a bunch heemah for showing me the errors that i didnt even notice, you have been pretty helpful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Love And Kill (story Series) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.