Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Bound To Fail - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bound To Fail (9572 Views)

This Is Why Successful People Would Rather Succeed Slowly Than Fail Fast / Path To Unveiling Your Purpose (why We Fail) / University-bound; John's Reminiscence Of His Undergraduate Days... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bound To Fail by DandyPearl(f): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
heemah:
Pls check the last update, there are few typos there, also mistaken Nelson's name for Nicks in d third paragraph.
make Nicks no kum spoil Karina's wedding ooo.. Abeg!
Dandypearl, where art thou?
Heemah Heemah you wan chop and clean mouth abi I dey come first Mrs Emptyhen MTN cheesy.

This is a good story uve going on here leriebloom. But y not make the updates longer instead of making it short. It will really help d storyline. All in all its a nice one considering this is your first attempt grin. Following all the way!

Missmossy una weldone oo.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
DandyPearl:
Heemah Heemah you wan chop and clean mouth abi I dey come first Mrs Emptyhen MTN cheesy.

This is a good story uve going on here leriebloom. But y not make the updates longer instead of making it short. It will really help d storyline. All in all its a nice one considering this is your first attempt grin. Following all the way!

Missmossy una weldone oo.
Tnk u very much, would try to make it a bit longer.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
Episode 34.
Nick frowned. He was angry. He had tried so hard to make it there early, but he had not. He was an hoir late, they were already married. This was all his fault, if he hadnt pushed her away, if he hadn't married that slag, this wouldnt have happened. He had lost Karina, she would never be his, never. He stared at her from a distance, holding on to her groom's hand and laughing at something he had said. She was beautiful. Breath taking beautiful, and now she belonged to another man. She didn't love him anymore, from the way she smiled up at the groom like he was the only man in the room made it obvious,made his blood boil.

"What are you doing here and how the heck did you find out?"Bella asked in a stern voice.
"News fly fast, painfully for me, not fast enough. I found out late. If i had found out earlier i would have tried to convince karina not to get married" Nick said sadly.
"And you think she would have listened to you?, Nick you must be a joker to think so because Karina has grown to like Joseph Francis"Bella defended.
"You said like Bella, you didnt say love. Does that mean she doesnt love this man?"Nick asked.
"Even if i told you the answer, it wouldn't change a thing. Joseph is her present and her future and you on the other hand is her past, so do me a favour and leave" Bella said as a matter of factly.
"I am not leaving without talking to Karis, you cant stop me Bella" Nick said walking out of Bella to Karina who had left Joseph's arm and was talking to an elderly woman.
"If you may excuse me maam, i would love to congratulate the bride", he said to the elderly woman, but Karina on the other hand who was shocked to see him couldn't miss the heavy hint of sarcasm. The elderly woman excused him with a polite nod and he turned to face Karina. Letting his gaze slide from her forehead to her high heels abd back again.
"You look beautiful"Nick complimented.
"Cut the chase Nick.I did not send you an invitation so how are you here"Karina asked in a no nonsense voice, folding her arms.
"I left Tari"Nick said.
"So?" Karina asked.
"She lied to me, the baby wasn't mine" Nick said.
Karina rolled her eyes "And that is supposed to explain how you are here, how does this concern me?"Karina said trying hard to hide every bit of emotion that flowed through her.
"It was Nelson's baby, it had all been a plan for her to get me"Nick explained.
Karina frowned. She wondered how she had coped with that skiver. Nelson was a knob head, there was no denial aboit that but for Nick to have left her broken he was much worse.
"It is too late already Nick, i am a married woman, and you and i are history, its over Nick, please leave me now" Karina said trying so hard to hold back her tears .
"Honey are you okay?" She felt a presence behind her and she knew immedietly that it was her husband.
"Yes dear, i am good. This man was just leaving" Karina said giving Nick a threatning stare and with a short greeting nod and a mumbled "congratulations" he left.

☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆ ■ ☆

Karina layed on Joseph's bare chest on the bed drawing circles on his chest. Her mind going back to the incident with Nick. Joseph noticed she was thinking and be put a hand underneath her chin, raising her face up to his. He gave her a short kiss and smiled.
"You would grow alot of white hair if you keep thinking" he said jokingly.
Karina smiled sadly, "Promise me you would never do a thing to hurt me Joseph, i dont think i would be able to stand any more heart breaks" Karina said softly as she watched Joseph tense. He sat up.
"Karina there is something you need to know" He said with a serious tone and Karina sat up resting her back on the headboard as her eyes grew wide.
"What is that Joseph?" she asked.
"I really dont want to hurt you Karina. I would never do any...." he was cut short by Karina "Tell me goddamnit!" she whispered hotly.
"I am dying Karina" Joseph whispered and Karina saw her world fall at her feet in that instant.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
So Joseph want to disappoint me after staking my money on him abi?
Is he sick? Cancer? Abeg Leriebloom come and update more! Biko
Re: Bound To Fail by DandyPearl(f): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
heemah:
So Joseph want to disappoint me after staking my money on him abi?
Is he sick? Cancer? Abeg Leriebloom come and update more! Biko
so u dey bet abi? Kontinue. True love will always find its way....Now Nick and Karis r gon b back again!
Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
DandyPearl:
so u dey bet abi? Kontinue. True love will always find its way....Now Nick and Karis r gon b back again!

Abi na

#Team Nick and Karis

Leriebloom, u rock girl
Go! go! go!
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
DandyPearl:
No mind Nicks jawee..... He bleeped up big times! Whatever makes Karina happy sha!!
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
lovelygurl:

Abi na
#Team Nick and Karis
Leriebloom, u rock girl Go! go! go!
Hahahahahaha
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Episode 35.

Karina stayed by Joseph's side with each passing day, without leaving him. He was her responsibility now, and she wanted his last days on earth to be the happiest moments in his life. But Joseph was no fool, he knew Karina was not happy, he knew by the strained smile she always gave him. God, he loved this woman with his life. He couldn't imagine loving any other woman this much. Karina was his life, and he wanted her happy.
Karina stared at Joseph with so much care and respect. She wished bad things didn't happen to good people, but there was nothing she could do. She was bound to loose in every relationship she went into. And now, when she thought her whole world was falling apart, she had received a good news. A news that was good and bad at the same time. Good because it was going to be a new phase in her life, and a bad news because Joseph wasn't going to be in that new phase of her life. She felt like crying, but she had done enough of that these past few days.
"Josep____"
"Karin___" they both started talking at the same time. Joseph laughed weakly. "You should start first" Joseph said.
Karina smiled "There is something i need to tell you"
Joseph tried sitting up "I am listening baby"
"I went to the hospital on tuesday because i had been feeling nauseated, which was quite strange because i hardly ever fall sick. I ran a test and discovered that the reason why had been feeling that way is because i am expecting" Karina said staring at Joseph, looking for that emotion that would show he was not happy about the news, but it never came.
"Wow, karina, this is like the best news i have heard so far. This is amazing" Joseph said, drawing her close . "Thankyou Karina. Thank you"
Karina laughed "Why are you thanking me?" she asked.
"For coming into my life Karina, you are my dream come true. Everything i ever desired in a woman, that is what you are" Joseph said and Karina could have sworn that she had never seen Joseph this emotional. Never. With that she hugged him and swore never to leave his side.

☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ○ ☆ ●

Final episodes of Bound to fail coming this week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
I wonder what was bound to fail guess I'll find out in the last episode, lerie you're badass kiss kiss I've been following the story back to back and I must say you inspire the writer in me. Well done dearie
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
skarlett:
I wonder what was bound to fail guess I'll find out in the last episode, lerie you're badass kiss kiss I've been following the story back to back and I must say you inspire the writer in me. Well done dearie
Thank you so much Skarlett. I realy do appreciate your compliments, it makes me want to get better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
Leriebloom:

Thank you so much Skarlett. I realy do appreciate your compliments, it makes me want to get better.

Ywc dear

My kisses nko? undecided (no homo tho)
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
skarlett:

Ywc dear

My kisses nko? undecided (no homo tho)
Lolz. plenty kisses and hugs grin xoxo
Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Leriebloom:

Lolz. plenty kisses and hugs grin xoxo

Smh

Ditto dear

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 12:51am On Apr 05, 2016
Episode 36.

Days, weeks, and months passed by and Karina's baby bump began to show. Joseph on the other hand got more weaker which made Karina restless, always wanting to do something that would make her feel better. The sickness began to grow on Joseph to the extent he had to stop going to work. People were begining to notice both the expecting wife and the sick husband. Karina was scared. Joseph was dying before her eyes and she could do absolutely nothing. She was always there for him, always wanting to make him feel better, always trying to hide the sadness behind a strained smile. But Joseph was no fool, he could see right through her. During the cause of his sickness, he had grown to realize two things. First being the fact that she was sad and stressed, and second being the fact that she had never grown to love him.
One hot afternoon, Joseph laying on his bed, trying hard to breath held Karina's hand.
"I need to talk to you Karina" Joseph said quietly.
"What is the problem?"Karina asked concerned.
"I know that you are sad, that you are not happy seeing me like this, and that you dont love me" Joseph said honestly without holding back and was sad to see a tear drop from his wife's eyes, which he reached out to clean. Karina reached for his palm, placing her hand on his and pressing it to her face. She felt more tears escaping her eyes and she squeezed her eyes shut to stop more tears from dropping.
"I am sorry Joseph" she whispered.
Why did you get married to me karina?" Joseph asked quietly and Karina began to ponder for the safest reply to give him.
"Dont lie to me karina. Tell me why you married me, all i want now is an honest answer" Joseph said with a calm voice.
"Because you were my safest choice, because i knew that you would love me, that you would never hurt me. I was tired of being hurt, all my past relationships had been a failure, i was still heartbroken from my relationship with Nick and then you came along, with your nice and caring personality, and i knew that i had to keep you. When you proposed i was happy, happy because i knew that if we got married you would cherish me with your heart. I may not love you Joseph, but i care for you, i respect you" karina admitted sadly and Joseph stared into her eyes "i am willing to let you go karina" he said softly.
Karina stared at him in wide eye shock.
"I would never leave you Joseph, never!" She said with determination.
"I don't need your pity godamnit!" Joseph swore.
Karina wrose a stubborn chin "That attitude still wont make me leave" she said angrily.
"Why karina?, why wont you just leave" Joseph asked weakly.
Karina raised a finger to her lip and pretended to think "let's see, i am your wife, i am carrying your unborn child for one, and i am your friend Joseph, if that means anything to you, you cant push me Joseph, because i am going no where" she said stubbornly.
"Cant you see that i am dying?" Joseph said and karina felt her hrart break when she saw tears slipping down his eyes.
"In sickness and i health, i took that vow Joseph, and i am here to stay" Karina said kissing him.
"Thank you Karina, i love you" he said softly.
"I know" she said and he was okay with her reply.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry for posting this late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
Episode 37

Joseph felt his days coming to an end. with each day that passed by, he grew even more weaker. He had lost the strength to move around like he used to. He was angry at himself, he had become a burden to the one woman he loved the most. His death was near, he could smell it with each day that passed. This wasn't the life he had planned for. He had always wanted to father a child, and now  that christ had blessed him with a child, nature has said it was time for him to go. He cursed this advanced cancer. He cursed this sickness that had chosen to cut his life short. He hadn't bargained for such life, for such pain.
Karina was eight month pregnant already, she was heavy with his child. She was stressed more than ever. He could see the fear written all over her features.
Bella had come to Bayelsa to take care of Karina. She had been a great help to them both, because none of the maids could convince Karina to eat. Karina had been seriously skipping her meals which had made him worried. When Bella had come, she had worked her magic on Karina, had given her a heart to heart talk, that she wasn't only putting her life at risk but also her unborn child.
Karina came into the room, which interrupted his thoughts.
"How are you feeling" she said smiling softly and holding his hands.
"I am feeling great" he said weakly.
"please Joseph be sincere, how do you feel?" she asked yet again.
Joseph sighed "I feel like an engine running out of steam. It feels like i have just enough energy to do one or two small things, and then its gone. I get tired of being tired, it is so frustrating" he confessed and felt guilty immedietly after saying that because of the sadness he saw in her eyes.
She nodded sadly. She couldn't even encourage him by telling him he would get better because he knew she would be lying.

○□■○□■○□■○□■○□■
Karina was in the sitting room when she felt it. Something bad was going to happen. Bella had gone out to get Joseph's medications. Karina tried pushing herself up to her feet, on the second attempt she got up. She dragged her feet because her legs were swollen and they felt heavy. She needed to get to Joseph's room as fast as she could, her guts were telling her.
When her feet finally carried her into Joseph's room, she gave God a silent thank you but was immedietly driven to fear when she saw Joseph, he was on the ground, he must have tried calling for help but she hadn't heard.
"Oh Joseph!" she said rushing to him crying. She tried dragging him up and at the same time calling for help, but there was not enough strength to get him up. Was he even still breathing?, she had left her phone in the sitting room and Joseph's phone was no where in sight. Fear sliced through her heart. Soon after, she felt something else which was definitely not just fear. Her water just broke!

□○□○□○□○□○□○

Skarlett, Lovelygurl, Heemah, DandyPearl, Feyikemi21, Joanee20, Mopolord, Missmossy,ADUKKY
Re: Bound To Fail by joanee20(f): 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ohhh poor Joseph, sorry u were not made for each other...team Karina and Nick all the way...NYC update

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 10:50pm On Apr 07, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry
double wahala for dead body! No! This is just too much for her bear!
Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oh no! cry
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
Episode 38

Karina screamed for help. She virtually used her last strength left. She wanted the baby to stay alive, she needed Joseph alive. Karina prayed,she prayed for God's intervention, prayed that God would save her unborn child and the father.
"please God do not forsake me" she whispered feeling herself unconciously slide to the ground. And that was when it happened, God had anseered her prayers. Bella rushed into Joseph's room.
"Oh my God" she shouted. Pulling out her phone and rushing to Karina, she called for an ambulance.

"Karina are you alright?, how did Joseph get on the ground. what's going on, you are not due until next month" Bella whispered hotly.
Karina cried "If anything happens to me during child labour promise me you would take care of my child"
Bella pulled Karina closer "Nothing is going to happen to you. Let's get you up" Bella said attempting to lift Karina up but failing badly. "I am not leaving without my husband!" Karina snapped in pain.
Bella frowned slightly "You are in a critical condition Karina, i need to take you to the hospital right away and perhaps i have called for an ambulance, they would be here anytime soon. I need to get you downstairs.
"No i am not moving an inch!" Karina said with a death stare.
"You are too sturborn Karina, you are putting your life and the baby's life at risk" Bella said and that sentence alone was able to get Karina to go soft.
"But he would be all alon...." Bella was cut shut by one of the maids barging into the room.
"Maam there is an ambulance here" the maid taking in what she saw in shock. Her boss was on the ground unconcious, and her bosses wife was in labour.
"Tell them to rush up" Bella said urgently and the maid rushed out. "Everything is going to be alright Karina" Bella said soothingly.

○ ♤ ○ ♤ ○ ♤ ○ ♤ ○ ♤ ○ ♤

"Push" The doctor said out aloud and Karina tried her best. She was tired already. She felt like her strength had been drained from her body. She was weak.
"She is too weak" she heard a voice that sounded so distant.
"She would have to go through an operation" another doctor said and that was the last thing she heard before darkness enveloped her.
Karina saw herself walking through a narrow road. It was really dark. She was lost.
"Where am i ?" she asked no one in particular. She felt herself walking miles and miles and yet she did not find a way that would lead her back home.
"How did i get here?" she asked herself.
She kept walking until she saw a light and she followed that light with no idea where she was going to. And then she saw a man frame.
She followed him shouting "Excuse me" but the man seemed not to hear her. She ran after him this time catching up to him she placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Please help me, i am lost" she said quietly.
When the man turned around, she was suprised to see that it was Joseph.
"Go back home Karina" Joseph said sadly.
"What do you mean by that, i am lost and now that i happen to find you, i am not leaving yourside" she said fiercly.
"You dont belong by myside Karina, you still have a long life ahead of you. Go back to our baby, i have seen him, he is pretty cute you know?" Joseph said and Karina stared at him strangely.
"Fine, let's go back together" she said crossing her arms.
"It is too late for me already, i am dead Karina" Joseph said and Karina stared at him in wide eye shock.
"You cant be dead Joseph, the ambulance brought you to the hospital" Karina said sadly.
"I died several minutes after. Go back home Karina, you have a long life ahead of you" he said kissing her on her forehead and leaving her there gawking at him.

Karina woke up back with a gasp. Her eyes hurt so bad, and her throat felt like patched paper. Her vision was blurry but she could make out Bella talking to someone who looked like Nick. What the heck was Nick doing here she asked herself.
She tried to talk which got their attention. Nick rushed to get the doctor and Bella rushed towards Karina's bed.
"You must be realy tasty" Bella said reaching for a cup of water and handing it over to Karina.
Karina got her voice back after drinking the water.
"What is Nick doing here?!" karina stormed out.
"News travel fast Karina, i didnt tell him a thing" Bella said with a sincere look.
"How can news travel so fast between 24 hours?" Karina wondered out aloud.
"That's where you are wrong Karina, you have been in a coma for a week" Bella said softly.
Karina's mouth dropped open in shock. " A week?, what of my baby, what of Joseph?" she whispered hotly.
Bella held Karina's hand. "Your baby is fine and healthy, you had to go through an operation"
Joy filled her heart, her baby was safe. One more thing "And Joseph?" karina asked with a hint of hope even if she suspected the answer.
"I am sorry Karina" Bella cried
Karina burst into tears "No, no, no, let this be a dream lord, please" she was screaming, she had tried everything to keep him alive, she had become so attached to him, they had shared a bond even if she hadn't loved him. She felt the hands on her trying to calm her down but she slapped each hands away and the doctor had no choice but to give her a sedative.

♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡●♡

It was five years already. Five years since she had lost Joseph. She and Joseph would never have worked out, she came to realize. But Joseph was every woman dream man, he had been her dream man but he had not been her truelove. Nick had been the man whom she was destined to be with. She had pushed him five years ago. She had told him that she had not needed any help from him and he had left her, promising to come back ever since then she had not seen him. She stared at her child Mavin, he was a replicate of his father. The smaller version of his father, he loved being around people too, reason why she took it as a duty to carry Mavin to her uncle's house.
"Mummy why are you quiet,dont you want to play with me?" Mavin disturbed.
"Mummy is tired Mavin" a male voice said, a voice all too familiar causing Karina to jerk up and look at the new visitor. He was even more charming than he had been before. His smile made her insides melt.
"Who are you?" Little Mavin asked looking up at Nick.
"I am your mum's bestfriend" Nick said with a smile.
Karina smiled at Mavin and Nick sitting together. This was going to be a new chapter in her life, and this time she was letting Nick go nowhere.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□THE END■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

I should have updated this last week, but for some reason i wasn't liking what was coming to my head. Hope you enjoyed this. For those who took their time out to read this,i realy appreciate that. For those who followed bumper to bumper and kept the story alive, i am talking about the likes of Skarlett, Lovelygurl, Heemah, DandyPearl, Feyikemi21,
Joanee20, Mopolord, Missmossy,ADUKKY, thanks a bunch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bound To Fail by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
and the prince lived happily ever after with the princess...just the sort of ending to make me go misty eyed cry embarassed

Nice work Lerie! You rock!
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 12:02am On Apr 13, 2016
skarlett:
and the prince lived happily ever after with the princess...just the sort of ending to make me go misty eyed cry embarassed

Nice work Lerie! You rock!

Thanks plenty much.

1 Like

Re: Bound To Fail by joanee20(f): 12:48am On Apr 13, 2016
I knew they were meant for each other.. NYC finish, loved it..
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 7:23am On Apr 13, 2016
Though I disliked Nicks for breaking Karina's heart, have got no choice but to accept him back for Karina's sake..
RIP Joseph!
Thanks mucho Madam Leriebloom. Blessings upon blessings!! Do mention me when you start another story.
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 7:41am On Apr 13, 2016
heemah:
Though I disliked Nicks for breaking Karina's heart, have got no choice but to accept him back for Karina's sake..
RIP Joseph!
Thanks mucho Madam Leriebloom. Blessings upon blessings!! Do mention me when you start another story.

Thank you and you are welcome grin You should check out a love and hate relationship, although its going to be very short.
Re: Bound To Fail by heemah(f): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2016
Leriebloom:

Thank you and you are welcome grin You should check out a love and hate relationship, although its going to be very short.
mind posting the link here?
Re: Bound To Fail by Leriebloom(f): 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To Love And Kill (story Series) / The Reluctant Bride By Tiffanyj. / So Much Fuss About Nothing (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.