Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? (1328 Views)

See Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo Prostrating To Greet Ooni Of Ife / Pictures Of Obasanjo Prostrating To The Ooni Of Ife Surfaces / Photos Of Bukola Saraki Prostrating To The Emir Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by Ngozi24(f): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
The argument that ensued in my ffice was centered on the Oni of Ife and his father. Obviously the father is elderly but not too old to sit on the throne. We wondered why the 40 year old son was chosen when his father is still alive and the real argument was, Is it right for the father of the Oni of Ife to prostrate to his son.

One group argued that in Yoruba land, it is a taboo for a father to bow to his son.
The other group argued that the father must prostrate to the son because the son is a symbol of the throne. The father is not bowing to the son but acknowledging the throne and prostrating.

What's your take guys?

Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Lafin in BIAFRAN voice.?? ask Google.
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Observingwink
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by McCarlito(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
Irrespective of the age of the one who sits on the throne; all other people including his fathers, grand fathers, great grand fathers amd the whole elders must bow to the throne since the king was not politically voted but chosen by the gods...
So... The father is not bowing
to the son but acknowledging the throne on which the son sits...
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by UnknownT: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
The father shouldn't bow to him
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by babyfaceafrica: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
I can give you an answer but your real intentions are not clear? Was any Yoruba among those of you argueing?...if there was,he should be ashamed of himself or herself!! ...if there wasn't its undestandable
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by HopeAtHand: 10:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
I can give you an answer but your real intentions are not clear? Was any Yoruba among those of you argueing?...if there was,he should be ashamed of himself or herself!! ...if there wasn't its undestandable

If you're Yoruba answer the fvcking question and quit preaching..dunno why everything on NL is viewed with biased mindset.
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2015
why won't he, the Oni is a diety

.....ya, you read that right
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by babyfaceafrica: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:

If you're Yoruba answer the fvcking question and quit preaching..dunno why everything on NL is viewed with biased mindset.
I don't condone insults and harsh words...respect is reciprocal..I will pass..thanks

2 Likes

Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by HopeAtHand: 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
I don't condone insults and harsh words...respect is reciprocal..I will pass..thanks

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ma fon ọwọ osi gba eti e.
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by pus23: 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ooni of ife is just a duke
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by SunstarS(m): 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
it all depends on their tradition...
Show some love nd download my first single ... A cover of jeson derulo talk dirty.... http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d95e2f79
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by basilo101: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
simple question and u are complicating issues
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by babyfaceafrica: 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ma fon ọwọ osi gba eti e.
o o ni fe te now!!!
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by babyfaceafrica: 11:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
basilo101:
simple question and u are complicating issues
apologies
Re: Will Tradition Support The Father Of The Oni Of Ife Prostrating To His Son? by ifihearam: 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
I have seen many parents kneeling before their sons who are pastors even lay hands in their heads but at home the reverse is the case. The king's father can prostrate before him only when he us seated in the throne aside there the reverse would be the case.

(1) (Reply)

APC Divided In Akwa Ibom, See The Drama - Photo / If Buhari Had Said This Before The Election... / Governor Fayose : A Disgrace To SW Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.