Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency (19522 Views)

Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / Some Ministers Will Have No Portfolios, Buhari Insists. / Ministers Will Be Appointed In September - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari will assign portfolios to all his 36 ministers, the Presidency told Daily Trust yesterday.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, stated this in a telephone interview with our correspondent yesterday.
The president had reportedly said Friday that not all the 36 nominees would be ministers as some of them would only sit in the cabinet in order to meet the constitutional provision which stipulates that each state of the federation must have a representative in the cabinet.
Buhari was reported to have disclosed this during an interview he granted the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Channels Television shortly before he left New Delhi where he participated in the third summit of the India-Africa Forum.
But the presidential aide stated that all the 36 ministerial nominees that had been screened by the Senate would be assigned portfolios.
Shehu clarified that what President Buhari meant was that not all the ministers would have full control of the ministries.
He said the president would retain the structure in which there are substantive ministers and ministers of state.
According to the presidential aide, it is not possible to have a more ministries than the number of ministers.
Shehu said: “You know we have a structure of government in place in this country whereby there are substantive ministers and ministers of state.
“What the president meant (in the interview granted) was that not all the ministers in his cabinet will have the full control of the ministries. You know it is not possible to have the number of ministries more than the number of ministers. Even former President Goodluck Jonathan had 28 ministries and 42 ministers.
“So, what the president meant was that some of his cabinet members would be ministers of state.”
Asked whether this implies that all Buhari’s ministers will have portfolios, Shehu answered in the affirmative, saying: “Yes, that is what it means. But not all of them (the ministers) will have the full command of the ministries”.
Meanwhile, the president was reported to have disclosed in the interview that the country would be lucky if his administration is able to have half the number of the 42 ministers that operated under the last administration.
“There was no reduction of ministers to 36. What the constitution says, and we cannot work outside the constitution, is that there must be a cabinet representative from each state. Yes, there used to be 42 ministers, I think we will be lucky if we can have half of that now because we cannot afford it. Others may not be substantive ministers, but they will sit in the cabinet because that is what the constitution says and we cannot operate outside the constitution,” Buhari was reported to have said.
A source in the presidency told Daily Trust last week that the president may assign portfolios and swear in his ministers on Wednesday.
But the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, said the president could communicate when to inaugurate his cabinet.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/all-ministers-will-get-portfolio-presidency/117612.html

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Stephansmily(f): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2015
A minister who doesn't have full control of the ministry
This is equivalent to being a sidechick cheesy

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by HungerBAD: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2015
Good.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by chocolateme(f): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2015
Yea we know
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2015
That's good news.

Sai Baba....

3 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by divinehand2003(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2015
I don't understand anymore oooo.
What are we to believe now? From reduction of ministries to 19 and making portfolios for all 36 ministers or adding those without portfolio to the cabinet, ahhhh, I am lost.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2015
grin Thats really a good one.

Push my Amaechi to Niger Delta to treat Wike's fault up. grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Frankiss44(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2015
NA WAH OH... NA GOD GO SAVE US FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OH grin grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by BreezyCB(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2015
Baba Is High

4 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2015
Frankiss44:
NA WAH OH... NA GOD GO SAVE US FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OH grin grin grin

lol, how sir?

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
grin Thats really a good one.

Push my Amaechi to Niger Delta to treat Wike's fault up. grin grin grin

with all the power tussle, it will be wise to take Amaechi to another ministry. Niger Delta is not ideal for him...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2015
DONSMITH123:

with all the power tussle, it will be wise to take Amaechi to another ministry. Niger Delta is not ideal for him...

yea..sir Don you have a point there.
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Stephansmily(f): 8:51am On Nov 03, 2015
My 9ja ppl it's break timegrin

We have to wait for 5 months for the portfolio...

12 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2015
Buhari must stop insulting the integrity of Nigerians. All this say one thing today,imply another the day after must cease. I am beginning to believe he is suffering from senility.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by temitemi1(m): 8:53am On Nov 03, 2015
Senseless President.

19 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2015
Stephansmily:

Babe, walahi, you bad...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

5 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Senseless President.

temitemi1, that's my president you are calling senseless grin

2 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
Omotolu:
Buhari must stop insulting the integrity of Nigerians. All this say one thing today,imply another the day after must cease. I am beginning to believe he is suffering from senility.

Am good at pointing out a wailer when i set my eyes on one. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

Am good at pointing out a wailer when i set my eyes on one. grin grin grin
...in as much I voted for the man from Duara. I am free to critique his style...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2015
Omotolu:
...in as much I voted for the man from Duara. I am free to critique his style...

bros, i have a total trust on this government.

Buhari will do 100% well only if you and I give him our total support.

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by oluwaSmith1(f): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2015
Stephansmily:

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 9:09am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

nice short bro...

uncle lalasticlala
Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 9:11am On Nov 03, 2015
DONSMITH123:

nice short bro...

uncle lalasticlala

seriously, we are not giving buhari support and we always look at every little opportunity to cast a blame.

Naija will be grate with only our support.

Government will not change. Only you and I will change.

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Opinedecandid(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2015
Is this supposed to make Head Line News?

Where lie the basic elements of integrity, consistency, sincerity and focus in this administration, because I'm lost.
I will so hate to attribute the Presidency saying one thing today, doing another thing tomorrow;
Saying one thing in the morning and saying different thing at noon, and a completely conflicting thing by evening - I hate blaming this shameful scenario on the age of the president.
Ofcourse, we have more aged leaders the world over who still manages to be consistent in words an deeds. And as passionately assured Nigerians by the President party, the APC, the president's age ought not to constitute any summersaults in the governance of this great nation.

Could it be the spirit of Lai Mohammed that has permeated the fabrics of this administration?

Fellow Nigerians are we save under this gibberish?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by DONSMITH123(m): 9:13am On Nov 03, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Is this supposed to make Head Line News?

No Sir! Tail-line news grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2015
DONSMITH123:

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by oluwaSmith1(f): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2015
DONSMITH123:

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

...he should stop dishing out mixed messages. He should think before opening his mouth to talk...

9 Likes

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by onatisi(m): 9:21am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

and pls tell us what other support do you want Nigerians to give? If he commands Nigerians yo do something they will do it without questioning,he is the commander in chief and all hr needs to do is just give the order and it seems most of you his supporters still see him as a presidential candidate still seeking the suport of the ppl to win. All Nigerians are asking for is that buhari starts giving out the instructions and orders and stop procrastinating decision making .time and tide waits for no nation or anybody. This government has enjoyed tremendous support from Nigerians,but the government has so far reciprocated back with little and below average performance and Nigerians have the right to criticize and pressure the regime into making and taking necssary steps at the right time. Appointing ministers after 7months isn't something Nigerians or anyone should be jubilant about because because it shows how difficult honest and competent ppl are hard to find in a nation of over 160million ppl

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by SmithEnemona(m): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2015
Omotolu:
...he should stop dishing out mixed messages. He should think before opening his mouth to talk...

and you think Buhari was the one saying all the stuff on papers?

Don't rely too much on papers or what Femi and Garba Shehu said at times...

1 Like

Re: All Ministers Will Get Portfolio – Presidency by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2015
SmithEnemona:

and you think Buhari was the one saying all the stuff on papers?

Don't rely too much on papers or what Femi and Garba Shehu said at times...
...Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu represent him. They are his words...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Poll: Fayemi, Olusola Know Fate Tomorrow / Buhari's Address To Incoming Minsters (Transcript) / Odinkalu: IPOB’s Command, Control Structure Is Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.