Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities (43859 Views)

Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Medical Students Dabbing In School (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by amosmosco(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Na wah oh, soon e go enter 1 decade
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by wisino1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Hmmm even if you give them 10yrs they will still forget towel inside a patient after surgery

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by ghostdvirus(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
*increasing hope period for dia crush
*increasing expenses for the sponsor
*giving Dr. More time to sample in d campus
*more excuses for arrogance
*lastly, it can never stop dem from forgetting inscription knife inside patient

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by 4C2215131: 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2015
FolabiCash:
OAU has been using ten years for this way back in the 90s

Occasioned by extraneous circumstances and not defined by curricula. Its a different scenario entirely.
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Bigdreams(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
The quality of the education they will receive during the 7 years is much more important.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by tuoyoojo(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
me na 9 years i spend o....including strike and one year extra year because of too mush play play...

well this is the advice I have for aspiring medical doctors......

1. don't come and study medicine because your parents forced you too. I guarantee you, you would live a very unfulfilled life...

2.Dont study medicine for the money....before you start making mega bucks in this country as a doctor, you go don old (though you would be comfortable)

3. during your house-job and nysc, learn as much surgical skills as you can because that where the money is, so that when you are out, your skills can fetch you good money

the last nugget....treat each patient the way u want a doctor to treat u

happy 7 year stay in school

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
Why does it take so long to become a medical grad in a nation without medical infrastructure? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by kjaaja(m): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
rubbish... may God deliver us from the old system of education we re using... wen europe re spending 4 years and 3 years for medical lab...
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
Med students kiss
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by DedeNkem: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
"Doctors" we've today are bunch of quacks! They've killed thousands in Nigeria.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by omojeesu(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2015
heykims:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/21258

Would NUC sync lecturing with this change? How ready are the lecturers? What about the state of facilities?

I hope the change takes cognisance of revolutions in Public Health and Preventive Medicine?

What about Nutrition and so called 'Alternative Medicine' much of which I prefer to call Natural Medicine.

If this new curriculum is still overfocused on disease and its diagnosis and management, then I think it has failed to really change with the reality in the global and local health and health care scenes.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by IYANGBALI: 2:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
i better go and learn how to become a native doctor,that will not pass one year
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by NaMe4: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
In essence there will be an increment from 8 - 9 years to 10 - 12 years in med school in Nigeria!

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by agabaI23(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ok, they are going to approve Pharm D programme. That will give them the disparity they wanted. Politics and human lives.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
Kudos to all those medical students who have the persistence, passion and discipline to study such a daunting course in Nigeria of all places. SMH!

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by omojeesu(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
DedeNkem:
"Doctors" we've today are bunch of quack doctors. They've killed thousands in Nigeria.

Incorrect!

Majority of Nigerian doctors are doing their best in the face of an environment and health care scene that is ineffective.

There are of course quacks and some incompetent doctors like in all professionals who give doctors and the medical profession a bad name.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by prinsam30: 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
what a failed system

why would okpabio fly out of the country for treatment??
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by onyxo76(m): 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
Well i dodged this new development but then, a 6 year prog in med school has NEVER been 6 years as there is always something that will disturb your flows, if ASUU doesn't other health workers will, and then there is resident docs strike every now and without them no meaningful teaching can take place on the hospital wards...in a nutshell prepare for at least 9 to 12 years provided you don't repeat classes or suffer resit exams.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Rilwayne001: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
YourMain:
Med students kiss
Bae, are u one?
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Paulsopulu(m): 2:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
SaiBuharii:
And at the end of the day. The country pays them peanuts, and that brother that did a 3 years course outside the country will come back and start counting millions, while they are in their 400l as medical students.

It's not about the years spent, it's about the quality of what you receive. Unilag once changed computer science to 4 years, but still produced same output
Well said

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Bae, are u one?

In my wildest dreams cry
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
NONSENSE. HOW MANY YEARS DID MEMBERS OF THE NUC SPEND IN THEIR UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. THEY HAVE NOT COME UP WITH THEORIES WHEN SOMEONES CHILDREN IS INVOLVED AND NOT THEIR OWN WHO ARE SCHOOLING ELSEWHERE
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Rilwayne001: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
YourMain:

In my wildest dreams cry
Wish you were though cry
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by swaggerdgrt(m): 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
It will be a gud tin nd a welcme dev if dey can implement it
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by nawtibownie: 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
+ ASUU strike might make it 7 years. Medicine in Philippines that isn't very developed is 4 years.
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
TemmyMatt:
How many years have they been spending before now?

Mtcheeeeeew..yeye people!
Don't mind them.
I spent 8 years in medical SCHOOL.
ASUU strike was behind 1year and few months.

I ended up seeing 2 WORLD CUPS, 2 OLYMPICS and 4 AFCON tournaments just to be a Nigerian doctor.

They keep yielding SOLUTES without enough SOLVENT to dissolve these Solutes.

By 2020, Nigerians will shed BLOOD as Tears.
The NATION is fast becoming supersaturated.

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by debbydee(f): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
MadCow1:
7 Years in Medical school Only to graduate as Native Doctors.. grin

Meanwhile in UNIBEN, they spend 6 months and graduate as 'Witch Doctors'.. grin

I now understand your signature.
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by Mackson01: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
Before nko. OAU IFE has for long been 9 or 10 years for medicine. Now it will be 12years for sure.
Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by NiceHans: 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
Honestly we need doctors at the helm of affairs in this country, if not illiterates like okogie will be ruining medical education in nigeria, increasing years as if they dont spend enough years in school already
shout out to yall criticizing nigerian doctors, we among the best of the best in the world, like it or hate it or go to medical school yourself.....am out

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by davidgreener: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
tuoyoojo:
me na 9 years i spend o....including strike and one year extra year because of too mush play play...

well this is the advice I have for aspiring medical doctors......

1. don't come and study medicine because your parents forced you too. I guarantee you, you would live a very unfulfilled life...

2.Dont study medicine for the money....before you start making mega bucks in this country as a doctor, you go don old (though you would be comfortable)

3. during your house-job and[b] nysc, learn as much surgical skills as you can because that where the money is, so that when you are out, your skills can fetch you good money[/b]

the last nugget....treat each patient the way u want a doctor to treat u

happy 7 year stay in school

depends on your place of primary assigment oooo...

Re: Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities by MadCow1: 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
NOTRIBE:

YEEBOS AND SUPERSTITIONS....

The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? / Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers