Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew (1666 Views)

How To Fix An Oversalted Meal / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Abeg How I Fit Prepare Plantain Porridge?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by Mudley313: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
Mehn, I got on the fire one powerful stew with assorted and every, problem is, e be like say i come mistakenly spoil this expensive medemede with a little too much salt. abeg, anyone know how to fix such? i think i believe back in naija there used to be some way you do it...any input will be much appreciated
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by actoor(m): 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
One bucket of water will do it
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by dominique(f): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Mudley313:
Mehn, I got on the fire one powerful stew with assorted and every, problem is, e be like say i come mistakenly spoil this expensive medemede with a little too much salt. abeg, anyone know how to fix such? i think i believe back in naija there used to be some way you do it...any input will be much appreciated

Peel an Irish potato and put it into the food and warm it, it absorbs all the salt. I read it here.

1 Like

Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by Cutehector(m): 6:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sugar
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by divinehand2003(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
Add enough red oil, ginger, garlic, sweet potatoes and Cameroon pepper, don't forget know cube or maggi for taste.
Why not throw the stew away instead of punishing yourself?
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by Sparkle777(f): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
Simple,dear. Just fry tomatoes and add to the stew, dat should balance it out. Pls dnt add salt to it oo. Bon appetit.

1 Like

Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Wash some cubes of charcoal and drop them inside the stew.
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by babythug(f): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2015
dominique:

Peel an Irish potato and put it into the food and warm it, it absorbs all the salt. I read it here.

Slices of yam too can help absorb/extract the excess salt.
Re: Abeg, How Do You Fix Oversalted Stew by dominique(f): 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
babythug:

Slices of yam too can help absorb/extract the excess salt.
That's a good alternative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Postpartum Weight / What Is The Correct Way To Peel Yam? / Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.