Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,960 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p (41515 Views)

Mayor Of Nazareth Hosts Prophet T.B Joshua In Israel(photos) / Penuel Mnguni: "I Was Tricked By TB Joshua In Nigeria" - Snake Pastor Says / Photos Of Prophet TB Joshua In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by omojeesu(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Raymondenyi:
. Ok! Good one!!! So what makes u think ; onyedepo, Adeboye, ibiyeomiye; TD Jakes and all others are not antichrist as well Why re u singling out 1 man? Just my soliloquy... rhetoric question; for u to ponder

It is because the current discussion is not about the ones u mentioned but TBJ.
Thanks!
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by omojeesu(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2015
costandi:

You've listened to his teachings and came here to make a false claim that he has never accepted being born again. Its therefore obvious that you have purposely decided to deceive people on this froum for reasons best known to you.

Anyway, I sure you don't have biblical evidence for your assertions. One thing I've found out about Christians in Nigeria today is that anything aside their roots - Like the church to which they were born or their present churches, they tend to rebuff. The truth is that I haven't seen any truth based on the 'word' you have put out so far.

Now, the ministry to which we've been called into as believers is - The minisrty of reconciliation not the Ministry of Hunting down false prophets.
You don't free people from the shackles of false prophets by writing negatively about them but by preaching the good news which you believe. Preach your own good news and not preach against others.

Stay blessed too.

There are problems in the Church. There is confusion. Biblical Christianity is mostly not what we see. There are tares and the wheat that are too difficult to differentiate until 'the end'.

I am not hunting down False Prophets. No! Jesus didn't ask me or anybody to do that. But when occasion warrants it we ought to speak for people's information to decide or act upon. I did not start the discussion.

Jesus preached the good news. because of the good news he exposed the bad news and the sponsors, but did not focus on them. When occassion arose he often did this in strong terms e.g. Matthew chapter 23.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by abiolert(m): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2015
omojeesu:

No, I dont judge. God is judge.

What Jesus meant was that we should not criticise people UNJUSTLY! He wasn't talking about exposing errors against biblical doctrine and standards.

As for being 'Saint Holy', the truth is I am indeed a saint. Every child of God is. It doesn't mean we are perfect. It only means we are set apart by God as His holy people because of Jesus. I was a sinner until more than 32 years ago when I became a saint because I gave my life to Christ. It doesn't mean I am no longer incapable of sinning. It only means that because the Holy Spirit now lives in me, I am able to live gradually more and more like Jesus. As I allow His Spirit I am able to overcome sin. Sin then becomes an exception in my life rather than the rule! When I however now sin I go to him for forgiveness.

Adam made me a sinner. The Last Adam, Jesus Christ, made me a saint. Both are essentially statuses conferred on us, but not after death as some do.

I understand your anger. But please I mean no harm.

Have a blessed day!

Jesus is Lord!!
Hmmm ok am so sorry for my outburst anyway just thought you were this young folk here on nairaland, never new you were this matured. Well am sorry if i said anything to annoy u, i still believe that on the last day then we will truly know who that true christain is. Shalom.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 04, 2015
abiolert:

My Use of the word value means 'respect' the last time I checked, he has not been respected here in Nigeria. Am not the type that hides the truth irrespective of whose ass is gored. If painting this nation black when they are not doing the right thing for them to do it right is a crime let me be guilty of it. For your last baifra language used on me I say back to sender
Please Mate, where and how was Joshua disrespected in Nigeria please?
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Horlufemi(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2015
Raymondenyi:
. U all were not half as critical as I was to this man TBJ ; I tell u, I saw him as Satan walking on earth ; until something moved me sometime and I just casually started watching Emmanuel TV, after hearing some testimoney from a distant friend... My brother, My mentality changed!!! That might is one of the Very fewest Men Of God that really practices what the bible preaches!!!
"No Man That is not of God can Do what he does"... I'm 200% sure; U all criticising him are only doing do from hearsay; take ur time, look through him, look into his works, make some finding for yourself... I'll tell u, ur ideas will change..... He is truly a prophet... u can choose to continue in ur blind castigations or do some fact findings... it's all left to you.

BTW ; I don't attend his church, neither am I a member...

I've been seeing him since I was a kid.

A leopard can never change his spots.

Any prophet of God that does not act like Christ is not a true prophet.

TRUE OR FALSE PROPHET? 4 WAYS TO TELL FOR SURE

false prophet 4 ways to tell for sureThroughout the Bible, we see true prophets speaking for God, because God told them what to say and to whom. But the Bible also shows us many false prophets. We see these same false prophets in the world today, using Him to claim He points the world to them and their blogs, websites, or whatever ministry they happen to have.

The Bible says in Matthew 24:24 “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.” Jesus Himself makes it so clear in His warnings of this. That’s why we need to weigh everything that is said. Here are a few more verses all throughout the Old and New Testament that warn about false prophets.

So how are we to make sure we are not deceived by false prophets? Anyone who calls himself or herself a prophet or prophetess and claiming to speak for God might want to remember that the canon of Scripture is closed, and that God has spoken prophecies to us in His Word. Thankfully, God is not a God of confusion. Never was and never will be.

There are four simple ways to God told His people to tell true from false:

If the prophet or prophetess

1. …has prophesies that aren’t 100 percent accurate 100 percent of the time (or are manipulated to come “true”) = False.

2. …points to any “Jesus” other than the biblical one = False.

3. …uses supernatural or occultist techniques used in his or her prophecy = False.

4. …has a rebellious, unrepentant spirit = False.

All FOUR of these tests should be applied, as many false prophets can pass two or three of them. If he or she fails at any one of these, = FALSE.

What if somebody prophesies something and it comes true? Should you listen to them? Check out what Deuteronomy says in Chapter 13 verse 1:

If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall follow the LORD your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has counseled rebellion against the LORD your God who brought you from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, to seduce you from the way in which the LORD your God commanded you to walk. So you shall purge the evil from among you.

So the Bible is saying that just because someone prophesies the future—it doesn’t mean they are a true prophet. Further, it says God will allow certain prophets to arise who are false who will perform signs and wonders, to test you to find out if you love Him. Then you are to test these prophets by their DOCTRINE! If they are preaching a different Christ or it doesn’t matter—you are not to listen to them.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by omojeesu(m): 11:26am On Nov 04, 2015
abiolert:

Hmmm ok am so sorry for my outburst anyway just thought you were this young folk here on nairaland, never new you were this matured. Well am sorry if i said anything to annoy u, i still believe that on the last day then we will truly know who that true christain is. Shalom.

U can be sure I didn't feel offended!

Remain blessed!!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by abiolert(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Please Mate, where and how was Joshua disrespected in Nigeria please?
His present ordeal in court were Nigerians called him unprintable names I don't want to mention.He has been disregarded and disrespected by other so called "men of God" so my broda chill for this matter abeg you.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by costandi(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2015
omojeesu:

There are problems in the Church. There is confusion. Biblical Christianity is mostly not what we see. There are tares and the wheat that are too difficult to differentiate until 'the end'.

I am not hunting down False Prophets. No! Jesus didn't ask me or anybody to do that. But when occasion warrants it we ought to speak for people's information to decide or act upon. I did not start the discussion.

Jesus preached the good news. because of the good news he exposed the bad news and the sponsors, but did not focus on them. When occassion arose he often did this in strong terms e.g. Matthew chapter 23.
In Matt. 23 which you referenced, Jesus was referring to scribes, and pharisees who he described as hypocrites. Why? Scribes of which pharisees are a sect in ancient Israel were learned men whose business was to study the Law, transcribe it, and write commentaries on it. They were sometimes hired on occasions when the need for a written document arose or when an interpretation of a legal point was needed. These people were often on the offensive towards the ministry of Jesus, always criticizing his actions, trying to make him fall a victim of the law. These were neither anointed men nor prophets (or those you may call acclaimed prophets). Jesus made those statements mostly in defence of allegations made against him. Hence, speaking against their actions and not against them. He never pointed accusing fingers. He only returned accusing fingers.

You sounded more like a scribe whose sole purpose is to concoct and fabricate falsehood for the purpose of indicting another when you said the Prophet adopted the name Joshua in order to impersonate Christ. Whilst forgetting that someone else bore the name Joshua even before Christ and you didn't accuse the person of impersonation.

Perhaps, you love preaching against false prophets, do it the right way.

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by omojeesu(m): 11:53am On Nov 04, 2015
costandi:

In Matt. 23 which you referenced, Jesus was referring to scribes, and pharisees who he described as hypocrites. Why? Scribes of which pharisees are a sect in ancient Israel were learned men whose business was to study the Law, transcribe it, and write commentaries on it. They were sometimes hired on occasions when the need for a written document arose or when an interpretation of a legal point was needed. These people were often on the offensive towards the ministry of Jesus, always criticizing his actions, trying to make him fall a victim of the law. These were neither anointed men nor prophets (or those you may call acclaimed prophets). Jesus made those statements mostly in defence of allegations made against him. Hence, speaking against their actions and not against them. He never pointed accusing fingers. He only returned accusing fingers.

You sounded more like a scribe whose sole purpose is to concoct and fabricate falsehood for the purpose of indicting another when you said the Prophet adopted the name Joshua in order to impersonate Christ. Whilst forgetting that someone else bore the name Joshua even before Christ and you didn't accuse the person of impersonation.

Perhaps, you love preaching against false prophets, do it the right way.

Thank you.

False prophets and false teachers (scribes etc) are all antichrist. The same spirit work in them only from different platforms against the Spirit of Christ!

I take a bow!
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2015
abiolert:

His present ordeal in court were Nigerians called him unprintable names I don't want to mention.He has been disregarded and disrespected by other so called "men of God" so my broda chill for this matter abeg you.
Gibberish!
His matter in court reflects the rule of law principle. Him being a man of God doesn't give him immunity to legal questioning in as much the appropriate channels are followed....

What is wrong with Nigerians and Fanatical practices of religion? Damn.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by abiolert(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Gibberish!
His matter in court reflects the rule of law principle. Him being a man of God doesn't give him immunity to legal questioning in as much the appropriate channels are followed....

Some persons were asking for his head even before they allow the law take its full cause.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by abiolert(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Freemanan:

Gibberish!

Some persons were asking for his head even before they allow the law take its full cause. That alone for me is disrespect.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
abiolert:

Some persons were asking for his head even before they allow the law take its full cause. That alone for me is disrespect.
You know Nigerians and their issues.... That doesn't make your statement valid...
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by dwesternmall: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by kossyablaze(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
zopaks:
great nice .
Guys...... These watches are very Unique! Need them? Love Them? Add me up let's do business bbm 55a77369 Whatsapp/Call 08079230930
guy whr u base?I nid am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Chibest2000(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
omojeesu:

I clearly understand you. It is good to help people no doubt. As for his saving lives it is about here and now, not for eternity. Is he born again? Is he a child of God? Has he ever said he is? Does he have the spirit of God? etc. Are you? Am I? I did in 1983 and I think I know at least a little of the Bible to discern some things.

As for judging don't get it wrong. Jesus exposed lies and deceivers such as the Pharisees. He expect his disciples to do so.

The antichrist will arrive sooner or later. He will do 'gooder' things than TBJ and the world will follow him and persecute those opposing him!
The fact that there are/will be fake prophets does not mean that any prophet that surfaces the earth is a fake prophet, and from the way you sounded I can unequivocally tell that your judgements here are based on mere illusions because you've got nothing to justify your claims, do you?
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by omojeesu(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
Chibest2000:

The fact that there are/will be fake prophets does not mean that any prophet that surfaces the earth is a fake prophet, and from the way you sounded I can unequivocally tell that your judgements here are based on mere illusions because you've got nothing to justify your claims, do you?

Ask the Holy Spirit. He alone knows who is who and the ones He makes it known to. You could be one of these.

I rest my case!

Jesus Christ is Lord!!
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Chibest2000(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
omojeesu:

Ask the Holy Spirit. He alone knows who is who and the ones He makes it known to. You could be one of these.

I rest my case!

Jesus Christ is Lord!!

There's no cause for argument, leave everyone to his/her deeds, God knows all hearts..
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Teeside12(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2015
Horlufemi:
In the last days there will be many false Prophets. Even the eject could be deceived. So no surprises here

Jesus is the last true prophet. We don't need another to speak of God to us. We have the holy spirit we need nine other.

For these reasons no prophet for me.

I focus on Jesus words only. And rely only on the holy spirit.

The holy spirit is our only comfort till Jesus comes. Not some mog who gather people to himself.

#trustnoprophet #jesuswordsonly

Read IIchronicles 20:20 and think about it
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Horlufemi(m): 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Teeside12:

Read IIchronicles 20:20 and think about it

You can read the bible and interpret it the way you want.

It still doesn't change the fact that you need to have a discerning spirit and you need to know that there are false prophets who can do miracles.

He who has an hear let him hear what the spirit is saying.

Not he who has an ear let him hear what the prophets is saying.
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Teeside12(m): 3:21am On Nov 07, 2015
Horlufemi:
In the last days there will be many false Prophets. Even the eject could be deceived. So no surprises here

Jesus is the last true prophet. We don't need another to speak of God to us. We have the holy spirit we need nine other.

For these reasons no prophet for me.

I focus on Jesus words only. And rely only on the holy spirit.

The holy spirit is our only comfort till Jesus comes. Not some mog who gather people to himself.

#trustnoprophet #jesuswordsonly
I wasn't justifying d prophet,neither did I condemn him..I quoted because u said 'Jesus is the last true prophet'
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by vooks: 4:55am On Nov 07, 2015
abiolert:

Who are u to jugde , Saint Holy. by the way ,why must u quote me? Sinner like you with your holier than Us attitude.
Why judge him a sinner?
Re: TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p by Horlufemi(m): 8:05am On Nov 07, 2015
Teeside12:

I wasn't justifying d prophet,neither did I condemn him..I quoted because u said 'Jesus is the last true prophet'

Take it or leave it. The holy spirit links us to God no need for all these prophets.

I know u know more than me.

But I'll leave you with this.

"He who has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the churches"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Displays The Portrait Of Buhari In Offices / Holy Flock Of Christ, Lagos Church Where Members Dance Five Times In A Year / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.