Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church (15659 Views)

Names Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Massacre Released / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:

Rosary a prayer made to the FATHER using the chaplet-my greatgrandfather prayed to a god through certain image(s) just like your beads by whatever name. Praying to/through an image can't be more than a troubled soul falling at the feet of a graven images all over catholic premises to pour out ones budend heart. Whether you teach it or not is unquestionable in somuch as every catholics adherent pay obeisance to it. A man who greets by bowing is defferent from a man who is praying yet bow to an image,moreso,to intermediate between you and God,or are there no defferent between the two intention/purposes? Compiling doesn't mean pre-dating oga, a post has answered this(ref.to lexicologist)!remenber,i questioned your claim that church precedes bible-implying that the final authority lies with the church-our topic of discuss. The church is niether the catholic nor any named protestant church but a people who have believed in CHRIST JESUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOUR,fellowshipping with Christs' Spirit and bretheren-this niether a building, an institution nor a named congregation oga. It could be in a tent,a believes' house or even under a tree

Lol. Again you show that you do not understand the issue at all.

1. The Rosary is prayed vocally and mentally. The Chaplet is used for counting. Without the Chaplet, you can pray the Rosary by counting with your fingers or whatever. The Rosary is not prayed through the Chaplet.

2. Another false accusation. Catholics do not use images as mediators between we and God. Or can you show me a Catholic doctrine that says the image should pray for us? Or a catholic prayer asking an image to pray for us?

Research and talk. Don't say things that are not done just because you want to slander the Church.

3. Catholics bow as a sign of respect and not worship. A Catholic bows every time the name Jesus Christ is mentioned. If you assume that we bow down because we worship images, you are wrong.

I repeat all Catholic Doctrines are open to everyone. Find out what the Catholic Church teaches and make your arguments. Do not argue against your ASSUMPTIONS. It is a waste of time.

How do Catholics believe what the Catholic Church does not teach?? If we don't teach it, then how do we believe and practise it? You're contradicting yourself.

4. Lexicographer? I've already responded to this. Ill sha repeat it.

If I am a lexicographer and I compile a dictionary from different scripts and then publish the dictionary. I obviously predate the Dictionary because I was here before it was published.
If you say the Scripts predate me, that would be a different case. But the Compilation (Dictionary) cannot predate the person that made and published it! This is simple logic na.

5. Church and Bible.
The OT predates the Church, no argument. The NT however does not predate the Church.

The Church existed before Pentecost. Or let us even assume that the Church was formed at Penecost. Was there any book of the NT that was written before Pentecost? NO!

All of them were wriiten after the Church was formed. Which question? History says it is the Catholic Church.
The Early Christians say it is the Catholic Church. Read the quotes I already posted.
The Promise of Jesus, The Holy Spirit, Oneness and unity of the Church, Apostolic Succession, The Eucharist and The Authority of the Church all point to one place and that isssssssssssssssss. THE ONE HOLY CATHOLIC and APOSTOLIC CHURCH.

If you disagree, reply with proof that
1. The bible was not compiled by the Catholic Church.
2. The early christians and Apostles did not belong to the Catholic Church.
3. Another Church existed from then till now.
4. That the current churches are all right and yet from the SAME bible and SAME Holy Spirit teach DIFFERENT things?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:
oga grappling the content seems to me tha you the one really challenged here-HOLY ROSARY Isn't the word of God and can't be equated to the word- holy rosary states thus hail mary...is that the word of God?teach me depth biblically,very read to learn

My dear, this one is too easy to understand, how I wish you were once a Catholic. Protesting about every Catholic action is very unhealthy. With hundreds of thousand different protestant denominations spreading thousands of fake different doctrines, spreading lies against God, I wonder where you belong. Your case borders me a lot.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:
i wouldn't want to keep on with this oga with all respect: mary surely is not the only recorded person visited by angel and spoken good of in the bible!besides prayer isn't a patherned in a recorded format of an angel visitation message-pray to your heavenly Father as your need may be in my name...is the word of Christ sir. Please can you make reference to a particular prayer rendered in the bible starting,ending or in between that mary was hailed,or had the bible disrespected her?but surely read through bible,prayers rendered through Christ name is abound or is this one of the areas the church(catholic)supersides?if so pls count me out. Thanks

1. Firstly. Look at the words used.
Remember that the words of Angel Gabriel are the words of God.

Hail = This is a royal greeting. Remember, the soilders while mocking Jesus were shouting Hail! King of the Jews.
Only Jesus and Mary are greeted with the word "Hail".

Full of Grace = Empty of Sin. Sinless.

The Lord is with you. - I don't even need to go on.

2. Show us some one else that was greeted and saluted by any angel in the Bible. And then compare the greetings.

3. The Lord's Prayer does not end in "In the name of Jesus".

4. Luke 1:41-45. Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit.
Luke 1:46 - 56. Mary's Song of Praise/Prophesy.
Did you see the statement "All ages shall call me Blessed"

If you want to know who Mary is in the bible, ask and I'll show you with the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:
oga grappling the content seems to me tha you the one really challenged here-HOLY ROSARY Isn't the word of God and can't be equated to the word- holy rosary states thus hail mary...is that the word of God?teach me depth biblically,very read to learn

All prayers of the Rosary are from the bible.
The twenty mysteries meditated upon while praying The Rosary are from the Bible.

I hope you know that not everything God revealed is written in the bible o.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Kamxin(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:

HOLY ROSARY Isn't the word of God and can't be equated to the word- holy rosary states thus hail mary...is that the word of God?

Having proven above, you came up with this.

nseke:
i wouldn't want to keep on with this oga with all respect: mary surely is not the only recorded person visited by angel and spoken good of in the bible!besides prayer isn't a patherned in a recorded format of an angel visitation message-pray to your heavenly Father as your need may be in my name...is the word of Christ sir. Please can you make reference to a particular prayer rendered in the bible starting,ending or in between that mary was hailed,or had the bible disrespected her?but surely read through bible,prayers rendered through Christ name is abound or is this one of the areas the church(catholic)supersides?if so pls count me out. Thanks

So Catholic prayers are now your headache.
A repeat of the word of God is not a sin. By your assertion, the Lord's prayer is a sin. It is not rendered in Christ name.

My dear, lets end it here. I think you should be more concerned about your fellow protestants that spread false doctrines than with Catholic whose every action seems to be baffling you.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by PastorAIO: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jolliano:

The Jews did not rebel agaisnt Roman Religion (after all there were sacrifices offered daily to Caesar in Jerusalem), they rebelled and revolted physically against the Roman Rule.

Please how can we check the veracity of the bolded part. I don't think there were ever any Jewish priest that ever made sacrifices to Caesar in the temple. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
PastorAIO:

Please how can we check the veracity of the bolded part. I don't think there were ever any Jewish priest that ever made sacrifices to Caesar in the temple. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The sacrifices were not offered by Jewish priests. They were however offered in Jerusalem. This was part of the things that showed that Jews were under the Romans.

Josephus the historian also pointed out that canceling the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem was one of the things that provoked the Romans to destroy Jerusalem (a city they were already in control of).
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by sirade(m): 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
uboma:

You are indeed a clown

Provide atleast one recorded example from the Bible where an infant was baptised.

Mr Uboma go and read Act 10. You will see the baptism of Cornelius and his households by Peter.
There was no discrimination between the adults and infants.
Everyone was baptized.

Mr Uboma I believe you have learned something new.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by italo: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
nseke:
what i mean is, if a person or group of persons put forward a document which they believe in,it would only be stating the obvious that the sanctity of such work should sacrosanct at least to the group of person.

Like how the Nigerian constitution is sacrosanct to Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by PastorAIO: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jolliano:

The sacrifices were not offered by Jewish priests. They were however offered in Jerusalem. This was part of the things that showed that Jews were under the Romans.

Josephus the historian also pointed out that canceling the daily sacrifices in Jerusalem was one of the things that provoked the Romans to destroy Jerusalem (a city they were already in control of).

Okay, I for say. So the jews never actually took part in Emperor worship.

Where I disagree with you is when you say that the Jewish revolt didn't have anything to do with religion. I believed they called it the abomination of desolation.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by PastorAIO: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
tongue tongue

italo:

Like how the Nigerian constitution is sacrosanct to Nigerians?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2015
PastorAIO:

Okay, I for say. So the jews never actually took part in Emperor worship.

Where I disagree with you is when you say that the Jewish revolt didn't have anything to do with religion. I believed they called it the abomination of desolation.

Yeah. I understand what you're saying.

I said they did not rebel against the Roman Religion (the way the Christians did) and not that it didn't have anything to do with religion.

The main fight was for freedom. If the Jews had been rebelling against the Roman religion mainly, they would been under persecution for it.

We find from the Bible that the Jews and Romans existed a little peacefully and that would only occur if there was religious tolerance.

So, religion was a factor of the Jewish Revolt but not in the way the Christian faith was.

Hope you see what I meant now.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Timothy3113(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2015
sirade:

Mr Uboma go and read Act 10. You will see the baptism of Cornelius and his households by Peter.
There was no discrimination between the adults and infants.
Everyone was baptized.

Mr Uboma I believe you have learned something new.

were baptised with water
No but with holy ghost.
Or did which sea did Peter took dem to
Pls read act 10vs 48
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
Timothy3113:
were baptised with water
No but with holy ghost.
Or did which sea did Peter took dem to
Pls read act 10vs 48

Firstly, Baptism does not always have to be in a Sea. Acts 8:38.

Secondly, Baptism is done by water and the Person receives the Holy Spirit. Jesus was baptised by water and at the moment of his rising from the water, a great event occured.

The same event that occurred at the Transfiguration. That shows that Baptism by water is the Baptism. The Holy Spirit is received at Baptism.

Your Baptism by Holy Spirit was not performed or taught by the apostles.

Read 1 Peter 3:20-21.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Timothy3113(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Jolliano:

Firstly, Baptism does not always have to be in a Sea. Acts 8:38.

Secondly, Baptism is done by water and the Person receives the Holy Spirit. Jesus was baptised by water and at the moment of his rising from the water, a great event occured.

The same event that occurred at the Transfiguration. That shows that Baptism by water is the Baptism. The Holy Spirit is received at Baptism.

Read 1 Peter 3:20-21.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Holy spirit received at baptism??
When peter went to d house Cornelius did he baptize dem with water
Act 10vs 44 and when peter was speaking d word d holy spirit poured on the dose who heard d message.
Vs 47 can anyone keep dis ppl from being baptized with water??
They have received d holy spirit just have we had.
. Baptism is what john d baptist preached (repentance) and it is a traditon of d jews. Now when jesus have come, he need to fulfill it. Cos no one is saved untill d death of christ. And paul even said i have not come to baptize but to preach d gospel.
He even rebuked apollos. Act 19, apollos was baptize but he never had d holy spirit 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 19:5( When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Bro water baptism is in name of john while being baptized in the name of jesus christ is being immersed(baptised) with d holy ghost
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Jolliano: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
Timothy3113:

Read 1 Peter 3:20-21.
Holy spirit received at baptism??
When peter went to d house Cornelius did he baptize dem with water
Act 10vs 44 and when peter was speaking d word d holy spirit poured on the dose who heard d message.
Vs 47 can anyone keep dis ppl from being baptized with water??
They have received d holy spirit just have we had.
Baptism is what john d baptist preached (repentance) and it is a traditon of d jews. Now when jesus have come, he need to fulfill it. Cos no one is saved untill d death of christ. And paul even said i have not come to baptize but to preach d gospel.
He even rebuked apollos. Act 19, apollos was baptize but he never had d holy spirit 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 19:5( When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Bro water baptism is in name of john while being baptized in the name of jesus christ is being immersed(baptised) with d holy ghost

The Holy Spirit can work on anyone whether baptized or not. The Holy Spirit even came upon Saul and other people in the old testament. So unbaptized people manifesting the Spirit is not a new thing.
Even the context is clear on this. Peter did not baptize them in the Holy spirit, the Holy Spirit fell on them.

1. Tradition of the Jews?
Baptism is and has never been a tradition of the jews o. And Besides the point of John's birth and Baptism was to usher Christ in. Christ himself also baptized.

John 3:1-5- Jesus first teaches to be born again by water and spirit. And immwdiately after that discussion with Nicodemus, Jesus goes and starts baptizing. Read John 3:22-30.

If Jesus was simply laying hands on people and giving them the Holy Spirit, why the person make that comment in verse 26? The question shows that they were baptizing in the same manner.

Jesus himself baptized. In Matthew 28:19 He sends his disciples to go and baptize.

2. Paul was telling already baptized Christians that he came to preach. How does that support your "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" talk?

3. Paul rebuked Apollos?
Do you even read what you are quoting? There was no discussion between Paul and Apollos.
He found some disciples who had never heard of the Holy Spirit. This obviously shows that they were not baptized by the Apostles because the Apostles would follow Jesus' command and baptize "In the name of the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit."

Acts 19:5- Paul baptized them in the name of Jesus. That is "In the name of the Father,........."
Verse 6- Paul does what the Catholic Church calls the Sacrament Of Confirmation where the gift the Soul has received at Baptism is ignited or sparked and the individual begins to manifest the gift or gifts.

Even Paul was baptized by Ananias. Read Acts 9:17-20.
Ananias came to heal and to fill him with the Holy Spirit. Ananias laid hands on him and he was healed. (v12)
He then stood up and was baptized. By what do you think he was baptized? Well, it would have to be water because if he was baptized by just laying of hands, why did he stand up to be baptized?

There is no mention of Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

4. Water baptism is in name of John
Where did you read or hear that anyone was Baptized in the name of John?
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
preetyb:

It is only when u read with the understanding of man that you find the bible not straight forward but if u read with the interpretation of the holy spirit you will know the bible is the most simplest and understandable book to read. Because the holy spirit speak in one voice and interprets one thing.
HA HA HA, GO AND SEE SO MANY HOLY SPIRIT CHURCHES, THEY'VE ALL MANAGED TO CONTRADICT THEMSELVES.

4 Likes

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Cavenchy(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Speechless3:
Okay i need your help. Was born by catholic parents and by default, amma catholic too, but what i dont understand is my birth church adopts two authorities. Its own and the bible. And to be sincere, its hard ta admit it, the bible is seen as a sub-authority...

Well not like i even read the bible ummm but i have this feeling something is nat in place.

Can someone figure this out.

I still love my church but...

Cc: Italo, Rich4God, Olaadegbu, Malvisguy and others...

Strive not to be deceived into leaving the one true Church founded by Jesus. God would not be cruel to institute a church with Peter while He was still here in human form, only to then depart from the earth leaving those he has saved by his death and rising to life, to be led astray in the same church he instituted. Then only many centuries after many of those in His church have gone to hell, decide it is time to start protestant followership that He didn't start when He was here on earth. God isn't an unjust God.

Ask these Protestants one question: If you claim your protestant church is the true one, what happened to the millions of Catholics who were the only Christians in the days of old from the time of Christ, before Protestantism came about? Are they all in Hell?

Now OP, the Catholic Church believes in the teachings contained in the bible and does not default in Her practice of the things contained in it. infact I dare say we follow the scriptures more adherently than many people do, and it is reflected in every single thing that you see in our theology. A number of these I have listed in the 7th paragraph of my analogy here.

However, there are many occurrences and traditions which may not be contained in the bible which the catholic church still observes till date (John 20:30, 21:25). Most of which have been passed down by Christ and His apostles through their practices over time. You must understand that the Catholic Church has existed for a very long time and as such much of scripture have been embedded into every tradition it upholds and that is why many protestants who are just new to the bible seem to be confused when we don't quote scripture by chapter numbers, numbers aren't as important as the words they contain, but i'll still use them for doubters sake.

Do not be deceived. If you want to fulfill the scripture, attend mass everyday, the readings during mass are from the bible. While protestants focus mainly on the teachings of Paul, Catholics embrace the entire scripture. It may amaze some of you to know that the founder of the Protestantism movement, Luther, wanted to eliminate many books from the bible during the time of their secession, If not for his counterparts some who were raised properly in the catholic faith, you would have found your bibles to be missing books like Revelation, James, Jude and Hebrews (If you doubt me, a simple search on google or Wikipedia would clear it all).

So my dear sister, the Catholic Church does not ban you from reading the bible infact we want you to study it properly in order to understand why we do the things we do, I doubt a priest told you the bible isn't straightforward word for word, maybe you mistook his telling you that the bible should be read with the spirit and that everything we do is from God's love revealed by His Son, Apostles and Saints + the word of the Bible included and the direction of the Spirit. Why would God ask His disciples to wait for the Spirit in our hearts if he could easily just drop the bible from heaven and no need for the Spirit. Sola scriptura(Scripture only) is the bane of Luther's Protestantism and evades the aspect of God's Spirit continually giving the church the grace we need to be true Christians.

In the Catholic Church you have all the opportunities to fulfill scripture, experience God's Spirit & Love and also find an easy route to fulfil God's commandments. If you want to carryout evangelism or lead a life of piety, there are religious societies for you to join. If you want to truly live the life of a pious Christian, there are religious orders such as priesthood, sisterhood, monastic life, nunnery.
In fact we are a true fulfillment of scripture: Luke 1:48 Mary said, all generations shall call me blessed, now we Catholics do by saying the rosary, but protestants doctrine doesn't seem to support it. The sacrament of reconciliation was given so that James 5:16 might be fulfilled, in the past the Catholics came to church to confess their sins to one another in the open and this sometimes led not so godly people to target them for retribution or domestic revenge, so the trustworthy ones (Priests) were assigned the duty such that your sins are confessed to another but they aren't used to condemn you as priests have sworn to keeping confidential all that they have been told at confession and they can be trusted. Additionally, many people condemning catholic doctrine don't even have the luxury of availability of Holy Communion daily, or even at all, something that Christ asked to be done in his memory (Luke 22:19), even at Emmaus, His followers eyes were only opened to recognize him after the bread was broken (Luke 24:30-32). Even Daniel 12:11 speaks of a daily sacrifice, where is this done in Christendom outside Catholic church? We also have history on the life of our saints which are major inspirations for those hoping to live holy and worthy lives to attain heaven, the saints also plead to God on our behalf (Rev 8:3-4, Genesis 12:3).

Heaven is no joke, I have visited some other denominations but trust me, we have all the tools to make heaven right here with us in the Catholic Doctrine. If you want to make use of it, stop being a sunday-mass only catholic, mass is held everyday, attend mass on other days, start reading books on the lives of Saints and about catholic devotion and inspiration, join at least one devotional society and at least one service one, (I recommend a Jesus one -Infant Jesus or Sacred Heart, Marian one - like Legion of Mary, or one of the Saint-oriented ones that inspire you to become a Saint. As far as I'm concerned Charismatic is almost protestant so I wouldn't recommend them even though some might argue that). Be fully immersed in the examples and inspiration of the teachings and do not focus on the social gathering itself. Come back and tell me if your faith would not improve a hundred fold and the heavens begin to appear closer!!!

Update:
All these confusion are part of End-time, now Some denominations do not even acknowledge Christ as God and still call themselves Christian. I am not one to condemn denominations, but if one does not acknowledge Christ as God, such person can not be called Christian. As long as our Catholic doctrines remain unchanged we are safe. Soon we might have to start practicing our own faith in hiding, watch out for the statement about the ceasing of the daily sacrifice and the abomination that maketh desolate in the holy place that Daniel and Mark wrote of. If our doctrines have to change to accommodate mordernism (e.g Jesus no longer seen to have accepted the cross) or a bland integration of other anti-Christians and their beliefs into our faith, we are going to have a big problem, so therefore we must continue to pray for the Church.

God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2016
beright:
are you a christian?
Good question, they prefer to be addressed as catholics, instead of following Christ.
Re: Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church by brocab: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
If I was to witness to a Catholic-anybody-I would be up front with them-Jesus did say the truth will set us free, I would help them find their way, I will direct them where there is so much info to choose from, I would help them to have some what understanding concerning the bible, not only by Word but in power and in the Holy Spirit..
I would show them the bible 'forbids continually offering His body as a Sacrifice, I would show them Jesus is the Eternal once for all Sacrifice.
{I would point out the facts from different reviews, Note: All Bible quotations below are taken from a Roman Catholic Bible}
{Hebrews 7:22, 27} "...Jesus [also] became the guarantee of an [even] better covenant...He has no need, as did the high priests, to offer sacrifice day after day, first for His own sins and then for those of the people; He did that once for all when He offered Himself".
{The New American Bible, Catholic Bible Press, 1986}
{Hebrews 9:11-15}"But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that have come to be, passing through the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made by hands {Heaven} ...He entered once for all into the sanctuary...with His own blood...For this reason, He is mediator of a new covenant."
{Hebrews 9:24-26} "For Christ did not enter into a sanctuary made by hands...but heaven itself, that He might now appear before God on our behalf. Not that He might offer Himself repeatedly...But now, once for all, He has appeared at the end of the ages to take away sin by His sacrifice."
{Hebrews 10:11-14} "Every priest stands daily at his ministry, offering frequently those same sacrifices that can never take away sins. But this One {Christ} offered one sacrifice for sins, and took His seat forever at the right hand of God...For by one offering He has made perfect forever those who are being consecrated."
{1 Peter 3:18} "For Christ also suffered for sins once...that He might lead you to God".
{Hebrews 6:6} "For it is impossible in the case of those who have once been enlightened ... and then have fallen away, to bring them to repentance again, since they are recrucifying the Son of God for themselves and holding Him up to contempt".
Notice, in this last Scripture, St. Paul's statement that repentance is impossible for anyone who is continually recrucifying Jesus Christ again and again! Jesus Christ died once and for all {eternally}. He is not to be recrucified again and again for any reason.
As long as He is being so recrucified, it is impossible to come to repentance. Therefore, any person who continually practices the Mass cannot be saved as long as they continue!!
Finally, note again that we are quoting a Roman Catholic Bible.!!
Note again that the Scriptures quoted above, are from a Roman Catholic Bible. Number how many times these Scriptures use the phrase, "once for all". The Bible absolutely forbids Jesus' sacrifice to be repeated or reenacted!!

CRUCIFIX HOLDS JESUS UP TO PUBLIC SHAME
But, {Hebrews 6:6} also clearly forbids anyone from "holding Him up to contempt". The Crucifix, so prominently displayed, certainly holds Jesus up to public contempt.
Certainly, no form of execution devised in the annals of human history can compare to the Imperial Roman cross for both physical cruelty and emotional pain. Dying on a cross subjected the human body to the greatest physical pain possible, simply because it assaulted every part of the body.
But, the emotional anguish was nearly as great as the physical. The victim was stripped naked {the artist's depiction of Jesus wearing a loin cloth is incorrect}.
The condemned was routinely beaten, sometimes so severely that sometimes his internal organs were hanging out. His face usually was not recognizable because of the beating. Roman soldiers and onlookers usually taunted the dying victim, adding to the torment.
Our Beloved Jesus Christ was subjected to all these things, and more. He was subjected to being hung nude on the Cross in front of all the women who had loved Him so much in life. He was subjected to the taunts of His mortal enemies, the Pharisees, who had plotted to kill Him for so long. Jesus was subjected to the humiliation of the sign above His head, proclaiming this innocent man, as the "King of the Jews".
Finally, Jesus had been forced to wear His "kingly" crown, the Crown of Thorns. The shame and agony was so great that even the sun hid its face and Father God turned His back so He would not have to watch the spectacle. Jesus Christ was not only painfully executed on the Cross, He was thoroughly shamed as well. His shame was a significant part of His payment for our sin.
The writer to the {Hebrews, 12:2} thus stated, "...For the sake of the joy that lay before Him, He endured the cross, despising its shame..." In this Scripture, the Holy Spirit, speaking through the writer to the Hebrews, has revealed that the Godhead considered the cross to be shameful.
It is no wonder that this shameful spectacle was to be done only "once for all", never to be repeated again. And, it is no wonder that the Holy Spirit, speaking through the writer to the Hebrews, warned that no person can be brought to repentance and salvation as long as they are continually holding Jesus Christ up to public shame.
But, the Roman Catholic Church holds Jesus up to public shame daily in the Mass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works / 5 Obligations To Keep On Sunday / What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.