Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

"HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / "HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard (5322 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard by chidooh1: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2015
pls, gurus in the house, i dropped my car with panel beater this morning to fix a slightly broken bumper. when i got there this evening and turned on the engine i saw a yellow blinking light on dashboard "HOLD " what is really the meaning of the sign. The vehicle is Mazda 626.
Re: "HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard by mayor2013: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
chidooh1:
pls, gurus in the house, i dropped my car with panel beater this morning to fix a slightly broken bumper. when i got there this evening and turned on the engine i saw a yellow blinking light on dashboard "HOLD " what is really the meaning of the sign. The vehicle is Mazda 626.

When the "Hold" signal appears, the transmission will now be locked in the gear you have selected with the shift lever. It is a system in which the user is able to manually select a gear and implement it to the comfort of the user (much like Steptronic). It is one of the earlier system of a manually shifted electronically controlled automatic. For example, if you turn on the HOLD mode and shift to second gear, the car will start off in second gear and stay thereuntil you move to another gear.
Re: "HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard by chidooh1: 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2015
mayor2013:

When the "Hold" signal appears, the transmission will now be locked in the gear you have selected with the shift lever. It is a system in which the user is able to manually select a gear and implement it to the comfort of the user (much like Steptronic). It is one of the earlier system of a manually shifted electronically controlled automatic. For example, if you turn on the HOLD mode and shift to second gear, the car will start off in second gear and stay thereuntil you move to another gear.
Does it mean that my transmission has gone bad? what's the solution to it.
Re: "HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard by mayor2013: 1:35am On Nov 04, 2015
chidooh1:
Does it mean that my transmission has gone bad? what's the solution to it.

No, jst presss the button to deactivate it
Re: "HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard by chidooh1: 4:03am On Nov 04, 2015
mayor2013:

No, jst presss the button to deactivate it
I have pressed that button a million times but nothing deactivates, still blinking, i'm even afraid of driving the car out to avoid breaking down on the way.

(1) (Reply)

‎FRSC Sends 80 Traffic Offenders For Mental Check Up / Honda Cars Front Wheel Falling Out / Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.