Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (173369 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by cadno(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2016
Hi Spyder, Pls hw do I cost my foundation setting as my supervisor charged me N250k for workmanship, which includes brick layers labour also. Wil it be cheaper to price it seperately ie supervisor & bricklayers. My building is a duplex +3besroom flat joined together. On a 3/4 of a 600sqm space, for an estimated 2,500 blocks to DPC level.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
cadno:
Hi Spyder, Pls hw do I cost my foundation setting as my supervisor charged me N250k for workmanship, which includes brick layers labour also. Wil it be cheaper to price it seperately ie supervisor & bricklayers. My building is a duplex +3besroom flat joined together. On a 3/4 of a 600sqm space, for an estimated 2,500 blocks to DPC level.

If you mean his fees and brick laying fees for only the foundation, who sees about the rest of the works in the foundation? Who pays for supervision and labor of other works in the foundation?

Iron workers
concrete casters
Foundation excavation
plumbing fittings
filling
carpentry

I need to know this before I can offer my opinion.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by cadno(m): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Hi Everybody. Pls I need advice.
What is the best method to do electrical wiring by conduit. Is it better to put the Pipes inside by casting it with the German floor , or conclude German floor casting and run wires/pipes on surface to be covered when plastering or using Tiles?. So it stays between German floor and Tiles. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
cadno:
Hi Everybody. Pls I need advice.
What is the best method to do electrical wiring by conduit. Is it better to put the Pipes inside by casting it with the German floor , or conclude German floor casting and run wires/pipes on surface to be covered when plastering or using Tiles?. So it stays between German floor and Tiles. Thanks.

After the german floor. Implement the pipings in the wall and plaster. Any problem can be diagnose and rectify immediately.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oga Syder, thanks for everything. Pls how high is your roof from the ceiling and what determined the height
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:46am On Jul 14, 2016
obarichie:
Oga Syder, thanks for everything. Pls how high is your roof from the ceiling and what determined the height

The roof height was above 6 meters above 22 ft. I just loved the effect of high roof and I was free to explore, since this is my house. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Chekitaut: 2:49am On Aug 01, 2016
From August 1st, 2016
Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Banana Island, Lekki - Ajah(Round about)
OFFER while STOCK last
Buy 30tons GRANITE + 30tons Stone dust @ N220,000

Granite Booking
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233
Text: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08098055224, 08025392565.
Whatsapp: 08055545355, 08032887233
BBM Pin: 2BF3D3FE
Email: info.chekitaut@gmail.com

Our Buy 60tons Granite get 30tons Stone dust FREE still available
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Turbocharged: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're a non entity that is beneath me, crawl back under the rock that you've been sulking.

I don't have your time and especially on Spyders thread grin
I wonder who u are that make think that everybody is beneath u. Even the Bill Gates of this world do not utter such words.
Grow up or get some help, bro.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Turbocharged:

I wonder who u are that make think that everybody is beneath u. Even the Bill Gates of this world do not utter such words.
Grow up or get some help, bro.

Again, not on Spyders thread. You can email me for further adjustments on your emotional balance. I'll oblige you. Inconsequential toad.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
@Spyder880
Oga Spyder, you no update us on this your house again o. make we feed out eyes o.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
mufutau55:
@Spyder880
Oga Spyder, you no update us on this your house again o. make we feed out eyes o.

Hajji M.

My Oga, the house is still same way. I had other plans which made me focus my resources elsewhere. But I will be back there before year end. Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
spyder880:

My Oga, the house is still same way. I had other plans which made me focus my resources elsewhere.
But I will be back there before year end. Thank you Sir.

God shall provide Sir. I surely know or aware where the fund is being routed... I was always following all your movements sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by djike6060: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thanks spider for the debt of information. I have been following this thread with great enthusiasm. I got lost separating your cost of material / labour from the ground floor to decking. I guess my question will be what are the estimated material quantity and cost plus labour for the decking alone on this 5 bedroom duplex. I am currently building a 5bedroom duplex 19.20 x 20.12 =386.3 sq meters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by klenz77: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
Pchinak:

I don't understand this response boss, thought those are the ones you paid N500/bag, or was your answer to his question "Yes", then a further information on possible increase in price? I guess someone was doing the " levelling", was he part of this money?

Can this payment module also be used for suspension slabs?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
spyder880:

My Oga, the house is still same way. I had other plans which made me focus my resources elsewhere. But I will be back there before year end. Thank you Sir.

I'm waiting for the finishing.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2017
I have been slowly building a fence at my house in the village, hoping to complete it soon cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Empiree: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
spyder880:
I have been slowly building a fence at my house in the village, hoping to complete it soon cheesy cheesy
Humm, Oga, how many houses you own now?. Thought you completed a nice beautiful house of urs in your village back in 2011?.

Also, if i understood well, you have another one somewhere else. I bow sir grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by sirade(m): 5:48am On Apr 14, 2017
spyder880:

Is this a stadium or a compound cheesy

Congrats dear.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Apr 14, 2017
sirade:

Is this a stadium or a compound cheesy

Congrats dear.

The compound is big sha, I can park as much as 20 cars here grin

Empiree:
Humm, Oga, how many houses you own now?. Thought you completed a nice beautiful house of urs in your village back in 2011?.

Also, if i understood well, you have another one somewhere else. I bow sir grin

My brother, the one completed by 2011 is not in the village, except I build a house in my village, them no go recognize me o, lol. grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by sirade(m): 7:39am On Apr 14, 2017
spyder880:

My brother, the one completed by 2011 is not in the village, except I build a house in my village, them no go recognize me o, lol. grin

That is AKU RUO ULO.
tumbs up smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by true2home(m): 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2017
I think everyone should always build a house in their villages. It will help develop the country as a whole. This one wey everybody won fall for lagoon in Lagos tire me ooo!!!

spyder880:

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
pls how many bags of cement that will deck a total area of 10.5m x 12m.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
spyder880:
This are pictures of the foundation, now filled with soil.

mentor spyder, i have a plan to erect a 5 bedroom duplex on a small land of 50*80, i would have loved to use 9" hole on the entire ground floor but do to space constraint, it may not be possible. So i ask, will it be technically ok to use a 9" block for only foundation and then use 6" solid for demarcations on the ground floor and 6" hollow for the upper floor.
thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please Oga spyder help with the estimate of cement For decking a total area of 10.5m by 12m with 10beams all short ones. It is urgent please, any additional knowledge on labour per bag of cement. Thank you. Oga hajj......? Please i need your joint assistance
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2017
ACHILLES45:

mentor spyder, i have a plan to erect a 5 bedroom duplex on a small land of 50*80, i would have loved to use 9" hole on the entire ground floor but do to space constraint, it may not be possible. So i ask, will it be technically ok to use a 9" block for only foundation and then use 6" solid for demarcations on the ground floor and 6" hollow for the upper floor.
thanks

You can do it that way, but it's important to get a qualified professional to look at the ground and also see if it will work in your location. All grounds are not the same.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2017
Nbg4real:
Please Oga spyder help with the estimate of cement For decking a total area of 10.5m by 12m with 10beams all short ones. It is urgent please, any additional knowledge on labour per bag of cement. Thank you. Oga hajj......? Please i need your joint assistance

From experience, budget about 120 bags.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2017
spyder880:

You can do it that way, but it's important to get a qualified professional to look at the ground and also see if it will work in your location. All grounds are not the same.

thanks alot sir, the location is ideator north, imo state. a very strong solid ground.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by chubi1980: 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2017
Good day,
You work hard for your money, but does your money work hard for you? When you store your cash under your mattress (or in a bank if you aren't a weirdo), it will produce next to nothing. However, when you put money into an investment, it works hard for you even while you sleep.
The vital question becomes, what is the best "job" for your hard earned money? How can your money earn the most yet offer the least risk? One investment stands head and shoulders above the rest: REAL ESTATE! For three reasons;
 Your job isn’t guaranteed for life
 The prices are reasonable and affordable
 Ten years from now you'll wish you had started today.
Investing takes time and professional guidance. I’m not promising you get rich overnight if you start investing in real estate today. But I am telling you that five to ten years from today you will likely look back at 2017 and say, "Why didn't I start back then?"
Am pleased to introduce CHRISTAL HOMES LIMITED, a real estate’s marketing company with the sole aim of generating sustainable income for its clients and investors. We are open for discussions with you or your members of staff on how to benefit from any of our garden schemes.
Please, find attached our current Investment Land poster and a video documentary link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no3i1k1hcO8 showing the various attractions in this prime axis.
I believe that after looking into these you will either call to continue further discussions with us or book a date and time for inspection.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest Regards,
Luke Umeilechukwu

Real Estate Consultant
Christal Homes...committed to real estate’s investment
3/9 Koleosho Street, off Medical Road,
Mokland Plaza, Ikeja.
+234 812 643 7680 | +234 812 451 0837
c.ume@live.com| luke@christalhomes.com.ng| www.christalhomes.com.ng
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Princeabass: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2017
Please oga spider where can I get Ayaco stone coated roofing tile in Lagos or Ibadan?.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
Everfrank:
A second issue I have is the plan itself. It was made for me by a friend, a Julius Berger architect who didn't do a modern plan for me. Being a novice I didn't realize that the reigning separate roofing of modern buildings is established and determined from the foundation itself. He just drew a rectangle kind of a thing and the builders are saying that my roof has to be one big rectangular shape. Is there any amendment I can do to alter this? Pls I need help as I will commerce decking work. Thanks in anticipation.

I'm so much in love with this your gate, can you tell us the cost sir.
thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ACHILLES45: 12:47am On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=spyder880 post=39763254]

This house is small, total area is only 167.84 Sqm (10275 X 17850)

The ground floor and upper floor rooms..........[/quote

I have started stocking up materials for my house, very similar to this one and also same size approximately 10380 by 18750.
so far i have about 10k blocks, different sizes, my y16 rods are 100pcs, y12 rods 300pcs, granite stones 1 trailer of 3 trips already on site and i'm expecting another delivery of more stones.
now my problem is that the architect i contracted my house to is really delaying my work. i would have used others but their charges were extremely too much so i settled for this guy that is delaying my job. i dont really want to rush him though so that i can have enough time to gather everything in place before my work commence.
pls i'd like to know, what numbers of those rods were used in this your structure. and how many trips of stones, from foundation to roofing.
i want to have an idea of how much more materials to get so as not to exceed the required quantity and have too many excesses.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.