Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (172892 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
aao:
My oga, good day to you. Great project you got going. Can you please let us know how much the plastering (so far) has gulped, both in and out. Just an idea is needed if you have not completed your calculation as of yet. Thanks in advance

I have paid them a total of N200 k for all the outside, parapet, inside and under deck done so far.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by aao: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
spyder880:

I have paid them a total of N200 k for all the outside, parapet, inside and under deck done so far.

Thank you sir for the quick reply.
If i get you right, did it cost you about 200k to plaster the house... Which includes cost of cement, sand , etc
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
aao:

Thank you sir for the quick reply.
If i get you right, did it cost you about 200k to plaster the house... Which includes cost of cement, sand , etc

Not with materials, only labor is N200 k so far.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by frakdon(m): 7:19am On Mar 10, 2016
spyder880:

Not with materials, only labor is N200 k so far.
that's a lot though.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2016
frakdon:
that's a lot though.

Despite what my Oga said in the title, this is not a skinflint build.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by frakdon(m): 8:31am On Mar 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

yeah right...

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Because FX is scarce now, Dasuki swallowed all the dollars, hence the construction cost also increases grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by donaremu(m): 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
spyder880:
I will be taking a break from building this house, to save more money and continue, maybe later in the year. Thank you guys for coming around to encourage me as I did this, we shall surely return to work on this house, to do the finish works. God bless you all.

Welcome to my house, cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

What a lovely house you have built chief Spyder880. At this point what is the total amount you have sent?

Thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by princejones(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oga spyder how did l miss this thread,l wish you all the best and l covert this your house as am planning my own very soon.congrats sir

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by wolexino(m): 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
great job oga spyder! pls let us know the cost of plastering when u are done with the calculations
thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by wolexino(m): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
great job oga spyder! pls let us know the cost of plastering when u are done with the calculations
thanks

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
wolexino:
thanks

Of course I will do that. Work paused at the moment.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
spyder880:

Of course I will do that. Work paused at the moment.

Translation, Spyder is busy cancelling the order of the Boeing 737.

Instead of one big family jet, two smaller LearJets, one for Oga and one for Oga Madam is better grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by SLADsys: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oga Spyder880,
First of all allow me to congratulate you on this wonderful tread for beginners like us. Well done SIR! I need you professional advise on the cost of casting an oversite concrete popularly called german floor on the piece of land that the plan is posted below. I got a very bogus estimate from my builder (approx N1m). All I want to do is do german flooring, the foundation has been done already. It's a plan for a duplex. Please your urgent advise would be highly appreciated!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
SLADsys:
Oga Spyder880,
First of all allow me to congratulate you on this wonderful tread for beginners like us. Well done SIR! I need you professional advise on the cost of casting an oversite concrete popularly called german floor on the piece of land that the plan is posted below. I got a very bogus estimate from my builder (approx N1m). All I want to do is do german flooring, the foundation has been done already. It's a plan for a duplex. Please your urgent advise would be highly appreciated!

Pending Chairmanship arrival...

Yours is ~52x55

I just did a 50x35 in Ibadan for N240,000 all materials and labor.

I also did this from USA so I know if I was physically there then I would saved even more.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Pending Chairmanship arrival...

Yours is ~52x55

I just did a 50x35 in Ibadan for N240,000 all materials and labor.

I also did this from USA so I know if I was physically there then I would saved even more.
why you dey spoil my market now, l am his engineer, l billed him 1 million naira but if he negotiate well, l fit do the german floor at 700,000 Naira for him, abeg no spoil market for me oo, besides, l like your German floor, your builder is trying, his work is neat grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
4nobody4every1:
why you dey spoil my market now, l am his engineer, l billed him 1 million naira but if he negotiate well, l fit do the german floor at 700,000 Naira for him, abeg no spoil market for me oo, besides, l like your German floor, your builder is trying, his work is neat grin grin

Yeah but he was waiting for me on the block work for the walls. I'm paying about N55 per block but is okay.

I'll meet him at plastering grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah but he was waiting for me on the block work for the walls. I'm paying about N55 per block but is okay.

I'll meet him at plastering grin
.Cool, before you know it, the house is roofed , nice job so far cool
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
4nobody4every1:
.Cool, before you know it, the house is roofed , nice job so far cool

Thank you Sir. This means a lot to me. We need to carry each other along instead of knocking one another down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by 4nobody4every1: 8:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir. This means a lot to me. We need to carry each other along instead of knocking one another down.
Exactly, the sky is too big for 2 bird to clash, life is all about helping either in words or deed, l think your builder is on his toes, l am guessing he wants to prove his mettle to you that he is equal to deliver a top notch bungalow for you.. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by SLADsys: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
EgunMogaji,

Thanks a lot for the swift response, and as for you 4nobody4every1: I guess you are on your own just as your signature name suggest (LOL). But seriously approx how much should I be looking at for this task?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
SLADsys:
EgunMogaji,

Thanks a lot for the swift response, and as for you 4nobody4every1: I guess you are on your own just as your signature name suggest (LOL). But seriously approx how much should I be looking at for this task?

It should not cost more than N450k with labour. (terms and conditions applies) Thickness, materials used, mixing method and ratio, etc.

Thank you EgunMogaji, 4nobody$everybody.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by jossy26: 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oga spyder and the gurus in the house Abeg help review this quotation for a raft foundation and German floor for a 5bedroom duplex. God bless you sirs

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by SLADsys: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thanks Oga Spyder880.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by val15: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2016
Nice
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by val15: 7:05am On Mar 18, 2016
Oga spyder880 how many rooms are en suite in that 5 rooms duplex
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jyde81: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Any idea of the cost estimates to build a twin two bedroom flats en suite. Urgent replies please
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Onion16: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello Ogas in tbe house. Please can i get a second opinion for decking of a 20 rooms self contain hostel in SW Nigeria.

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by joshua112: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
Jyde81:
Any idea of the cost estimates to build a twin two bedroom flats en suite. Urgent replies please
you can budget like 7m depending on your finishings and type of foundation .it can still go less it all deoneds on your taste
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Jyde81: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
joshua112:

you can budget like 7m depending on your finishings and type of foundation .it can still go less it all deoneds on your taste
O.k.....Thanks
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Nbg4real: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2016
@ Mr. Spyder, pls did your building plan included structural drawing ? Or you point out the structures on your own since you are an expact.
Secondly some days ago i asked the no. of your pillars and beams, may be you forgot. My building plan is similar to yours and i think your respons to my question will help me alot. I appreciate your usual aid thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.