Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device (39065 Views)

Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. / USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android / **pictures** Wonderful Things You Can Do With An Otg Cable On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Kingy10: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2015
tkatechy:
What an O.T.G cable? guess that what on your mind right......

Most of android users are not familiar with some features their android device can perform,but with time i will show you one of the special thing an O.T.G cable can do on any device that support O.T.G

Well an O.T.G cable is accessory for android that connect an android device with any external component (lollll that my own definition) be it flash drive,game controller,mouse or keyboard or modem etc. It full meaning is ON-THE-GO (OTG).

WONDERFUL THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH AN OTG CABLE ON ANDROID

1. USING AN EXTERNAL CONTROLLER.

This one of my favorite of all,for game freak like me, i would not like to play my HD games using my soft screen to avoid premature damage it may cause to my phone, so i'll prefer to use an external game controller like XBOX 360 PAD,PS 2 PAD etc to play games on my phone and belive me it so interesting been with it,
i actually made a video on HOW TO PLAY PPSSPP GAMES WITH A PLAY STATION 2 CONTROLLER ON ANDROID. WATCH BELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,all this made possible because i made use of an otg cable connecting my android to the game pad.

2. CHARGING A DEVICE WITH ANOTHER DEVICE

An OTG cable easily lets you charge another phone with your phone so far it supports it, am sure this isn't new to you if you are familiar to it. just connect the otg cable to a usb cord and plug them to the respective devices, NOTE; the host of power should be the one connected to the otg cable. SEE PICTURE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

3. USING A FLASH DEVICE

i also find this cool,in the sense that i can actually send files from my flash drive to my android device,watch movies from the flash drive on my device,listen to music from the flash,reading documents saved on the flash etc it does not include any settings at all...

4. USING A MODEM

With the help of an otg cable, you can possibly share the internet connection from the modem to your android device and surf the internet amazing right

5.FILE TRANSFERRING BETWEEN DEVICES

I know the most popular way of transferring files from android to android is using the so called XENDER or FLASH SHARE,yeah it fast but it requires the use of wifi and hostpot which consume a lot of battery, but with the help of otg cable i can transfer files very fast from one device to another super fast and will not consume any battery from the devices..

Source: http://www.tkatechy..com.ng/2015/10/wonderful-things-you-can-do-with-otg.html?m=1
Good job bro, how can i know that my phone supports otg cable, i use tecno H7, i can use it has power bank to charge a device using otg cable, does that mean i can use joystick controller with it cos I don't have a controller yet n i don't want to buy it and realize that it's not working,,, dats waste of money.....
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by saints2(f): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2015
nani667:

Are you in Lagos ?
Yes Sir... very much around
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Xhaka(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2015
I'm using it with my Tecno Phantom5
and i'm F***ing enjoying it cheesy
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by madgoat(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2015
Can the OTG cable work on infinix zero fone?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
madgoat:
Can the OTG cable work on infinix zero fone?

Check Ur fone spec if it supports
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Swaggzkid: 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
leo1234:

Which M5 please

gionee sir
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Swaggzkid:

gionee sir

I tink Gionee might support it
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Swaggzkid: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
tkatechy:

have bought the pad and its ain't working, only direction button alone is corresponding.
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
can I connect this cable from tab to an external keyboard?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Toluene15: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2015
tkatechy:
What an O.T.G cable? guess that what on your mind right......

Most of android users are not familiar with some features their android device can perform,but with time i will show you one of the special thing an O.T.G cable can do on any device that support O.T.G

Well an O.T.G cable is accessory for android that connect an android device with any external component (lollll that my own definition) be it flash drive,game controller,mouse or keyboard or modem etc. It full meaning is ON-THE-GO (OTG).

WONDERFUL THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH AN OTG CABLE ON ANDROID

1. USING AN EXTERNAL CONTROLLER.

This one of my favorite of all,for game freak like me, i would not like to play my HD games using my soft screen to avoid premature damage it may cause to my phone, so i'll prefer to use an external game controller like XBOX 360 PAD,PS 2 PAD etc to play games on my phone and belive me it so interesting been with it,
i actually made a video on HOW TO PLAY PPSSPP GAMES WITH A PLAY STATION 2 CONTROLLER ON ANDROID. WATCH BELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,all this made possible because i made use of an otg cable connecting my android to the game pad.

2. CHARGING A DEVICE WITH ANOTHER DEVICE

An OTG cable easily lets you charge another phone with your phone so far it supports it, am sure this isn't new to you if you are familiar to it. just connect the otg cable to a usb cord and plug them to the respective devices, NOTE; the host of power should be the one connected to the otg cable. SEE PICTURE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

3. USING A FLASH DEVICE

i also find this cool,in the sense that i can actually send files from my flash drive to my android device,watch movies from the flash drive on my device,listen to music from the flash,reading documents saved on the flash etc it does not include any settings at all...

4. USING A MODEM

With the help of an otg cable, you can possibly share the internet connection from the modem to your android device and surf the internet amazing right

5.FILE TRANSFERRING BETWEEN DEVICES

I know the most popular way of transferring files from android to android is using the so called XENDER or FLASH SHARE,yeah it fast but it requires the use of wifi and hostpot which consume a lot of battery, but with the help of otg cable i can transfer files very fast from one device to another super fast and will not consume any battery from the devices..

Source: http://www.tkatechy..com.ng/2015/10/wonderful-things-you-can-do-with-otg.html?m=1
Please how much do dey sell the USB gaming pad?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 8:23am On Nov 07, 2015
Toluene15:

Please how much do dey sell the USB gaming pad?

Like 1,200 or so bt nt up to 1,700 here in lagos
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 8:25am On Nov 07, 2015
Swaggzkid:

have bought the pad and its ain't working, only direction button alone is corresponding.

For which game did u use it for
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 8:28am On Nov 07, 2015
denkyw:
can I connect this cable from tab to an external keyboard?

Yhhhhhhh brobro cheesy, I forgot to add Dat, it will work
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2015
tkatechy:

Yhhhhhhh brobro cheesy, I forgot to add Dat, it will work
no yawa, gonna get the cable.
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Swaggzkid: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
tkatechy:

For which game did u use it for

PSP .FIFA. pes and racing games
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Swaggzkid:

PSP .FIFA. pes and racing games

It works on psp wella, hve used it b4 even made a video for it, check my YouTube channel @Tkatechy, and it works on fifa 15 upward, cnt say for fifa 14
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Toluene15: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2015
tkatechy:

Like 1,200 or so bt nt up to 1,700 here in lagos
Thanks. I got the single Transparent one @ 750 Gaming mode activated. please i need link for other nice ppsspp games( iso data )

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Toluene15:

Thanks. I got the single Transparent one @ 750
Gaming mode activated.
please i need link for other nice ppsspp games( iso data )

Congrat bro, go to freedoms.com for free psp games
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by emeraldknytt(m): 5:50am On Nov 18, 2015
Baroba:

Stick mount is for all Nexus devices but nexus 4.. It's a paid root app developed by Chainfire to allow OTG connectivity on Nexus phones / tablets.. I have it on my Nexus 5... It's not for every android device, strictly Nexus.
well, i seem to have it working properly (albeit it autostarts) on my htc one x and far as i checked it's not a NEXUS!
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by emeraldknytt(m): 6:03am On Nov 18, 2015
Baroba:

Stick mount is for all Nexus devices but nexus 4.. It's a paid root app developed by Chainfire to allow OTG connectivity on Nexus phones / tablets.. I have it on my Nexus 5... It's not for every android device, strictly Nexus.
maybe you got the cracked or paid version. Stickmount is not paid, Stickmount pro is. To anyone who wishes to download: you can get it for free and it handles the basics though you'd want to upgrade to a paid version to unlock advance features.
NB: Your phone must be rooted
NEXUS USERS. Typical!
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
emeraldknytt:

maybe you got the cracked or paid version. Stickmount is not paid, Stickmount pro is. To anyone who wishes to download: you can get it for free and it handles the basics though you'd want to upgrade to a paid version to unlock advance features.
NB: Your phone must be rooted
NEXUS USERS. Typical!

K
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pls can I use the otg cable and connect my phone on a laptop and use it as a modem?
tkatechy:

It works on psp wella, hve used it b4 even made a video for it, check my YouTube channel @Tkatechy, and it works on fifa 15 upward, cnt say for fifa 14
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
bestdeals0:
Pls can I use the otg cable and connect my phone on a laptop and use it as a modem?

yes that if your phone support it
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by niceguy7(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
I hv a very clean SONY XPERIA E4 for sale. Right now

Check my signature. For more info...
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by meekmanners: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Browse free on your android phone and guess what? Its unlimited! And it's not simple server, if your phone is not rooted, you don't have a problem. And you can browse like never before on your p.c without a modem, all you need is an android phone. I will put you through step by step using video clips and screenshots. And U can learn other computer and phone tricks like sendin files from pc-phone and vice versa without using usb code and Bluetooth. Whatsapp me if you are interested-07037447428
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2016
check out my new thread and video on How to Fingerprint-Lock Apps on Android Without a Fingerprint Scanner 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3010047/how-fingerprint-lock-apps-android-without#44090143

[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZLsaBIsFVM]
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tonyflash43(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Toluene15:

You have to download and install an App called "OTG checker" to know if your device is supported

My motorola droid supports otg cable, bt its nt working on my phone own, seems like i wasted my money buying this cable
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Toluene15: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
tonyflash43:

My motorola droid supports otg cable, bt its nt working on my phone own, seems like i wasted my money buying this cable
If your device supports OTG and it didn't work then the problem might be from your charging port.
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by happy662(m): 3:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Swaggzkid:

~have bought the pad and its ain't working~, only direction button alone is corresponding.

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Deeni131: 2:23am On Nov 11, 2016
emeraldknytt:

you can also buy a MHL-TV cable, android mobiles are familiar with mhl

do u think gionee s plus has MHL function.
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Deeni131: 2:30am On Nov 11, 2016
tkatechy:

Pls do u think I can connect my Gionee s plus to my TV via mhl? does it supports mhl function?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by clemhova: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Takes Photo In A Ghana-Must-Go Bag / Etisalat Unlimited Blackberrybisnow Cost #1000 / Apple Uses Lionel Messi Graphic During Iphone 15 Launch Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.