Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud (5993 Views)

N2.6bn Fraud: ‘fashion Designer Got N546m From NIMASA / Alleged N13.6bn Fraud: Dasuki, Others Plead Not Guilty To Fresh Charges / Akon With Osibanjo, Obasanjo, Elumelu And Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Macteejay2(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2009
After five days of hide and seek, Ndudi Elumelu, Committee Chairman on Power and Steel in the House of Representatives, his deputy, Mohammed Jibo and Committee Chairman on Rural Development, Paulinus Igwe reported to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday in connection with N6bn worth of contracts awarded by the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).

EFCC asked the lawmakers to appear before its investigators last Wednesday but they failed to honour its invitation. They will remain in the custody of the commission until they are arraigned in court tomorrow.

A top official in EFCC told Daily Trust that the anti-graft agency has wrapped up its investigations and tomorrow all the suspects fingered in the scam will be prosecuted. Initially, the anti-corruption agency planned to obtain a court warrant to declare the officials wanted if they fail to come and make official statements.

Opinion

I thought he was a clean man, but let me not be quick to judge him. Let us keep our fingers/legs crossed and see how this "drama" unfolds lipsrsealed

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200905123205721
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:43am On May 12, 2009
The hunter has become the hunted! cry
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Macteejay2(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

The hunter has become the hunted! cry

Yes O!!!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by blacksta(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2009
what a joke - This is suppose to be the man trying to get to the bottom of OBj 18$ Millon on power. Darkness forever.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by MrCrackles(m): 9:09am On May 12, 2009
Fingers crossed till they charge him!

Fingers crossed till they find him guilty!!

I reserve further comments till then!!!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by ud4u: 9:54am On May 12, 2009
We are tired of EFCC and their findings, it will surely go like any other ones they have handled.

We thank them very much for always creating unnecessary awareness that ends up to nothing.

They are really working, we hail them.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by otokx(m): 10:57am On May 12, 2009
They have started their wayo
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Remii(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2009
It is very sad and unfortunate that now good news comes from Nigeria leaders in terms of corruption and fund wastage. Every one that is looked closely has been found to be wanting. EFCC,  ICPC and what have you have not helped matter either with their funny ways of arrest and endless lack of direction prosecutions , if any. One just hope that these people would realise that masses are suffering for their actions and inaction. Hopefully they would not pay with their blood due to coup or revolution.  Any thing can happen because as Kingsley Mbadiwe once said "When the come comes to become the happen will happen"
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by lagbaja(m): 11:05am On May 12, 2009
If you know Gowdin Elumelu well enough, you should not be too surprised at this. I knew well ahead of time that he was using his Power probe chairmanship position to achieve his personal agendas. he wants to be the next governor of delta, he needs moey by whatever means and he needed cheap popularity. That is the kind of people our democracy will continue to produce. unfortunately he is a complete opposite of his senior brother, Tony Elumelu of UBA.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by izeek(m): 11:06am On May 12, 2009
UNEARTHING DUST, IS NOT THE SAME IS SWEEPING IT.

NOTICING THE FILTH IS NOT THE ISSUE, BUT ADDRESSING IT.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by biggjoe(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2009
Let us not jump into conclusions yet, this is naija and this might possibly be another way of paying him back for stepping on big toes!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by chuxy12(m): 11:33am On May 12, 2009
it so disheartening . I thot the was a clean guy. HE THAT LIVES IN A GLASS HOUSE SHOULD NOT THROW GRENADE grin
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by KunleOshob(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2009
Finally the truth is being unveiled some of us have always known that ndudi elumelu is corruption personified, his so called power probe was just a sham which as now been completely discreditted and and shown to be a hachet Job. I sincerely pray and hope he gets what he truelly deserves. Most of you were excited last year when the man was acting out his charade and the press were propagating him, but anyone who had a tiny bit of common sense should have seen throuh it all the whole power pobe was obviously working towards a predetermined answer. But Nigerians like believing rubbish.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by rasputinn(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2009
Wonder wonder wonder
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by sadboi: 12:43pm On May 12, 2009
lagbaja:

unfortunately he is a complete opposite of his senior brother, Tony Elumelu of UBA.
Do you know Tony Elumelu very well as you claim you know Ndudi or Godwin? I doubt. Do a little research on how Al Mustapha, Abachas and colleagues moved money offshore in the nineties.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by solosimple(m): 12:52pm On May 12, 2009
The hunter has become the hunted! uhn! angry angry angry
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Remii(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2009
sadboi:

Do you know Tony Elumelu very well as you claim you know Ndudi or Godwin? I doubt. Do a little research on how Al Mustapha, Abachas and colleagues moved money offshore in the nineties.

True talk sadboi, lagbaja has not been following UBA annual reports to see how much they spent yearly on unexplainable exceptional items (aka fraud, govt penalties, unsecured loans etc). He would have known that Elumelu na Elumelu, including the 419 kin pin in jail called Ade Bendel
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by ayomifull(f): 1:17pm On May 12, 2009
Yeah i said it at the time that this guy asked for 50m from one of the companies that was under probe and my friend who was to negotiate refused to give it and that was why the company was shown on the tv, i knew from then that the guy is so so so so so clean and fit to prove oles like himself grin
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by georgecso(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2009
[size=16pt]Most of our politicians/leaders are completely faithless[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Tmoni(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2009
this is really sad, very disheartening

was this not the guy that was probing people and i kinda believed in d whole thing

well, same ol Nigeria, same ol Story

nobody to be trusted
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by jona2: 3:22pm On May 12, 2009
georgecso:

[size=16pt]Most of our politicians/leaders are completely faithless[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed
sad
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Feelitx(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2009
I think we should slow a bit on rubbishing the guy: This is Nigeria and the big fat cows always fight back.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by KunleOshob(m): 3:43pm On May 12, 2009
georgecso:

In reality it is most Nigerians that love being taking for a ride, when the idiot last year was busy brandishing falsehood and distorted truths to us in the name of power probe most of you were busy applauding him and too naive to see the obvious fallacies in his spurious claims all becos OBJ was involved and most of you like to believe any thing negative written about this National hero. Now chicken as come home to roost and foul yansh don open. I thank God that the truth is coming out fast and OBJ has finally been vindicated.

Feelitx:

I think we should slow a bit on rubbishing the guy: This is Nigeria and the big fat cows always fight back.

Why should we slow down? when he was wasting tax payers money last year and busy rubbishing hard working Nigerians who were working hard to implement the power project[until president go slow halted it] all in the name of a charade called power probe you were all busy applauding him, i am quite certain the guy is guilty as charged and deserves to rot in jail. Can you imagine stealing six billion meant for rural electrificationin the middle of all the power problems we are having in this country
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by dustydee: 4:02pm On May 12, 2009
lets see what happens
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Feelitx(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2009
I think we should slow down a bit on rubbishing this guy- This fat cows have a way of fighting back.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Goldman08: 4:18pm On May 12, 2009
Abi ooooo,lets us just crossed our legs and see what happens at the end,
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by chidichris(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2009
vanity upon vanity is vanity.
all those who pointed accusing fingers t obj have been or will soon be made criminals.
it is not about individuals here rather is about the system.
it is worthy to note here that pdp as a party have come to steal, kill and destroy.
in yesterday's paper yar adua said the national assemblies have performed below average. my question is in what? if it is in law making, i agree but if it is in the cultural game of stealing, i refuse to agree here.
if u look closely on the formation of pdp and the idea of releasing obj to be the president, u will definitely know that the party revolves within the criminal minded ppl of nigeria.
the idea of getting this man and his group involved will be just to discharge those he accused. it has been trade by bater. elumelu must denounce his position on power probe to get his freedom and the story continues.

In reality it is most Nigerians that love being taking for a ride, when the idiot last year was busy brandishing falsehood and distorted truths to us in the name of power probe most of you were busy applauding him and too naive to see the obvious fallacies in his spurious claims all becos OBJ was involved and most of you like to believe any thing negative written about this National hero. Now chicken as come home to roost and foul yansh don open. I thank God that the truth is coming out fast and OBJ has finally been vindicated.

@kunle,
u are sick. obj vindicated? they are all of a kind. tell me who this man imitated now in his hiding for a while before coming out. iyabo played the same hide and seek.
do u think anything will happen to elumelu? no way, we have piles of files of criminals who stole in dollars so elumelu's situation is designed to divert our attention.
where is halliburton probe? tell me in eight years of obj, how many federal criminals were arrested? that went a long way to tell u that obj was part of all those fruadulent contracts.
under two yrs, more than 20 federal criminals have been arrested and questioned.
soon iwu will be probed. obj supported criminal activities under his regime and that we are seeing today.
pdp have decided to ruin this nation and it is only God that can save us from these beasts.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 12, 2009
Same old naija gist.
Are we surprised?
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by kshow1(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2009
i do not know when these sets of scammers and cliques will leave us alone and let us rest.
we all know nothing concrete will come out of this.
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by GoldCircle: 5:38pm On May 12, 2009
I have always known that a great talker is a great lair!
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2009
Hmmmm! i will reserve my comments till he is charged to court and he defends himself. this could be another diversion from the EKITI saga going on just to divert attension. i know ndudi elumelu wont be that stupid to get himself in all this mess knowing very well he has stepped on many toes and his been watched every move. time will tell wink
Re: Power Scam: EFCC to Charge Elumelu and others over 6bn Fraud by jamace(m): 7:07pm On May 12, 2009
EFCC, it is now or never. You have raised my hopes and dashed many too. Let us see a difference for once. Watching. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses / Nigeria Should Have Four Capital Cities / Is "Occupy Lekki " Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.