Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:49 AM

Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? (783 Views)

3 Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of Calabar Women / Heard About Crocodile Scar? Don't Dare Look If You Are Scared Of BLOOD / Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by Barney11: 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hello my name is Chinwe,3rd child in the family of 6.i am Igbo by tribe,I have a problem I am too scared of loud sound ranging from thunder and 'knock out'.i dread 'mkponala'so much that I have to travel if there is a burial around my neighborhood,it is embarrassing that I couldn't even attend my paternal grandma'a burial cos of that Igbo traditional boom sound.i know u may just wave it aside Buh it depressed me to the extent of asking if am normal or what,pls I want to know if any one have this problem or am I just alone,pls if u have a solution to it you can help me.i have tried every means even closing my ears still I cudnt get over it Buh I can endure it if it's very very far away Buh still it bothers me though.pls I may not express myself as good as I feel.pls help me cos itz so embarrassing to miss out important things wen even babies can endure it.pls I NEED ADVICE ASAP!
Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by johnydon22(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
You are not alone oo, i used to be freakishly scared of Local canons (Mkponani)..

If i ever see where someone was preparing to set off one Canon, i go tear race commot that place.

Not until i 24 straight canon shots were banged with me just a few yards away..

No longer afraid of it since i got to the age that could be classified as an adult ...

Back in those days nothing fear me pass that thing...
Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by Barney11: 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thank God u got what am saying Buh am still afraid though I am getting 25years but still I dread it.lucky you!do you think I can conquer it by standing there?
Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 6:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Man up Bros and become a lion, don't be afraid of any loud sound. You go and conquer this loud sound.

1 Like

Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by Barney11: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Wish is that easy for me angry
Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by bigfrancis21: 4:40am On Nov 06, 2015
Barney11:
Hello my name is Chinwe,3rd child in the family of 6.i am Igbo by tribe,I have a problem I am too scared of loud sound ranging from thunder and 'knock out'.i dread 'mkponala'so much that I have to travel if there is a burial around my neighborhood,it is embarrassing that I couldn't even attend my paternal grandma'a burial cos of that Igbo traditional boom sound.i know u may just wave it aside Buh it depressed me to the extent of asking if am normal or what,pls I want to know if any one have this problem or am I just alone,pls if u have a solution to it you can help me.i have tried every means even closing my ears still I cudnt get over it Buh I can endure it if it's very very far away Buh still it bothers me though.pls I may not express myself as good as I feel.pls help me cos itz so embarrassing to miss out important things wen even babies can endure it.pls I NEED ADVICE ASAP!

I strongly think you might be having a hangover from a past life. You might. Not believe in past lives and the cycle of death and rebirth but this is a spiritual fact. Certain individuals tend to have terrifying experiences at their past life or a terrible way of dying such that the memory sticks to their sub consciousness and they carry it into their current lives. Some people have deep unexplainable fears about swimming (especially if they died of swimming in their past life), road travels (died by accident in their previous life) etc. For some people, at the point during their death in a past life, the death experience they may have included a baning sound that such horrifying memory sticks with them and is carried over into subsequent lives.

In the US, hypnosis is often a method of treating hangovers from past lives. The way it works still remains a wonder till today. Basically, it takes you back to your subconscious memories to your past life and you re-live the circumstances causing your inexplicable fear in this life. By reliving this experience, you are able to deal with the situation and resolve it completely from your subconscious. Most patients often report the immediate seizure of their problems after the hypnosis session.
Re: Scared Of Loud Sound;am I Alone? by Fulaman198(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Gambia Quits Commonwealth / The Concept Of Beauty In Society / How Much Respect Does The Nigerian Passport Command?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.