Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick (1264 Views)

Woman Abandoned by Her Children In Delta As Pastor Tells Them She's A Witch / Elderly Witch Returning From Meeting Stuck On Roof Of Building - Facebook User / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
over the years , there is this stereotype that edos are very witchy. I really don't know y people tend to think about us that way. there is no place that is free of evil spiritual powers A.k.a "witch craft" I see no reason why the edos case would be so blown outta proportion. to an extent when you introduce yourself as an Edo the next thing you hear is "those witch people". this should really stop. the edos are very friendly people and very intelligent. I just think they are over rated when it comes to the witch aspect.
have you been bewitched or have seen someone who has been bewitched by an Edo person.?
share your experience and your opinion on this issue.
lalasticlala plz uplift this topic woWo

Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by IamMrNoble(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Igbo play wayo.. Hausa begi begi.. Benin wichi wichi.. I guess you know the song.. It was a popular folk tales song in the 90s..
Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by phrancys001(m): 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nah people are just misinformed,the edos are cool the only blackspot is the diaspora prostitution they refuse forgoing.

1 Like

Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by itstpia8: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
what's the reason for the thread?
Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 11:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
IamMrNoble:
Igbo play wayo..
Hausa begi begi..
Benin wichi wichi..
I guess you know the song.. It was a popular folk tales song in the 90s..

Just tryna correct dat impression
Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by sleeknick: 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
itstpia8:
what's the reason for the thread?

Hmmm.... Did u goto school at all? Is the thread not self explanatory enuff for u. Even a blind man would understand the reason of this thread....keep calm
Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by IamMrNoble(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
sleeknick:

Just tryna correct dat impression

I know.. I kinda meant, it's been a long stigma on the Edos.. It's a nice initiative, wanting to correct it

1 Like

Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by itstpia8: 5:43am On Nov 05, 2015
sleeknick:

Hmmm.... Did I goto school at all? Is the thread not self explanatory enuff for me. Even a blind man would understand the reason of this thread...I need tokeep calm

why are you upset over a simple question?
Re: Edo People And The "Witch" Stereotype -sleeknick by itstpia8: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Is This Possible? / Again, Anita Oyakhilome Speaks On Marriage: "God Pulled Me Out Of Mess & Abuse" / Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.