Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan (1539 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by myners007: 4:19am On Nov 05, 2015
ABUJA — CITING mismanagement of funds, the Senate, yesterday, asked President Muhammadu Buhari to begin immediate probe of his predecessor, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, in his handling of the Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme, SURE-P.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan (L) With President Muhammadu Buhari, After A Close Door Meeting At The Presidential Villa In Abuja On Monday (2/11/15).
Former President Goodluck Jonathan (L) With President Muhammadu Buhari

The red chamber said it was imperative that President Buhari ask his predecessor to account for every penny spent during the latter‘s administration on the SURE-P and other poverty alleviation programmes.

This came just as it ruled against the implementation of the N5,000 monthly stipend to unemployed Nigerian youths as the President promised during his campaign.

The advice to probe Jonathan was sequel to an additional prayer moved by Senator Babajide Christopher Omoworare to Senator Bassey Albert Akpan-sponsored motion, entitled: “Urgent need to curb the soaring rate of unemployment in Nigeria,” which he presented for consideration during yesterday’s plenary.

After the initial recommendations of the motion, Senator Philip Aduda raised an additional prayer, urging the Federal Government to fulfill one of its numerous campaign promises.

“The Federal Government should immediately commence the payment of the N5,000 monthly stipend it promised during the pre-election campaign,” Aduda moved.

The Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, rose and seconded the additional prayer. But Omoworare raised the Senate Standing Order 53(6) to oppose the additional prayer.

Bickering between APC, PDP

This led to bickering between senators of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC and opposition Peoples Democratic, PDP.

The Senate President, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki, however, intervened, after about 22 minutes to bring the bickering to an end.

Saraki asked Aduda to repeat his additional prayer, which he latter did.

When Saraki put the additional prayer to voice vote, the shout of ‘ayes’ from the opposition senators signifying their call for strict implementation of the President’s campaign promise was overwhelming but the Senate President, however, hit his gavel for the ‘nay’ shout from the ruling party senators, who were against the implementation of the policy.

The Senate President, thereafter, gave Omoworare the privilege of raising another additional prayer.

Moves to probe Jonathan

“I want to move that the immediate past government be made to account for every penny spent on SURE-P and other poverty alleviation programmes, and I so move, Mr. President,” Omoworare said.

When Saraki put the question to voice vote, the ayes response came from the APC senators, but the PDP senators kept mute to the nay call.

In the motion, Akpan observed that the latest figures of Nigeria’s soaring unemployment situation by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBC) has increased to 8.2 percent in the second quarter of 2015 from 7.5 percent in the first quarter of 2015 and 6.4 percent in the last quarter of 2014.

“The latest statistics as released by the bureau reveals that economically active population, or working age comprising Nigerians within the age range of 15 to 64, is now 103.5 million, increasing from 102.8 million in the last quarter of 2015, while the unemployed labour force now stands at 74 million Nigerian youths. This is truly a calamity,” he noted.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/sure-p-senate-asks-buhari-to-probe-jonathan/
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by engrsyer(m): 4:24am On Nov 05, 2015
*modified*

How long shall we have direction of this country? half of a year of his (PMB) tenure is passing by with meaning project or flag off of a project, economy dwindling down, potential recruiters leaving the country due to downsizing of the country's economy yet we are still talking of probe.

The moneys we've gotten either from Swiss bank and voluntary refund and others what and how have they made use of it? No accountability. Diezani Allison Madueke refunded some money and others earlier this PMB's tenure how far?

The Senate and APC should just wake up from their slumber as PMB now have only 3(1/2) years to log out.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Aromas: 4:31am On Nov 05, 2015
Keep playing politics on us grin Sango wey go fire una with thunder dey do press up.

1 Like

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by multikolour(m): 4:45am On Nov 05, 2015
we have been hearing this since may 29, but it seems they can't find anything against GEJ and prosecute him, that's why they keep looking for reason to nail him every day. If truly GEJ is dirty arrest him and prosecute him and stop shouting and disturbing us with lies.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by marshalcarter: 4:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Wat we are hearin since 1509 is wat we keep hearin in 2015....issokay it is well.....

#listenin to don carlos-time
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by gozmok1(m): 5:00am On Nov 05, 2015
friends today is my birthday your likes my happiness

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by prospero5(m): 5:03am On Nov 05, 2015
after the raggae play the.......
This is the same news my ancestors read in 1742 edition of Newswatch magazine
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Ayoemrys(m): 5:14am On Nov 05, 2015
i dnt even understand this government
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by mandhi(m): 5:23am On Nov 05, 2015
GOD Bless Nigeria and everyplace else .
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 05, 2015
My friend is a direct benefit of sure p. Her business was started with the sure p funds. It's a shame more youths won't be able to benefit from this kind gesture from the fg because nigeria is evil.

I travel to ebonyi state with sure p, Innoson buses..although the drivers are a bit rough but thank God. So no more sure p bus that was twice cheaper to travel with.

I heard the trains were funded by sure p. The last time a train came into enugu was on 15th may. So, no more hope for trains? I heard the first class coaches of these train was like paradise but no, lets burn the trains down because we're selfish

Tomorrow, these black monkeys would blame the white man for their backwardness.

4 Likes

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by estyvino(m): 5:34am On Nov 05, 2015
So no policy for this gorhment, all the news making headlines na probe, investigate, detain, arrest and all those ones.

Please we want to hear other news too

2 Likes

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Babzrockman: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2015
Abeg ooo! Allow SURE-P to pay me till december ending before u begin ur probing.

Dis pple bad oh! Den dey collect fat salary and denied us unemployed youths just #5000 naira only.

God punish the mouths that say 'nay' among the senators
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 5:54am On Nov 05, 2015
Jonathan and his 'cronies' do not deserve forgiveness from us.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by BALLOSKI: 6:00am On Nov 05, 2015
multikolour:
we have been hearing this since may 29, but it seems they can't find anything against GEJ and prosecute him, that's why they keep looking for reason to nail him every day. If truly GEJ is dirty arrest him and prosecute him and stop shouting and disturbing us with lies.
says who? Gej is seriously begging for mercy.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by LastSurvivor: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2015
GEJ is a mile above the dullard, he has nothing against him..

1 Like

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by GenbIoodykiller: 6:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Buhari is simply a terrorist

Gej is the best president ever since 1960

1 Like

Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Chibaba247(m): 6:28am On Nov 05, 2015
In dis apc government, its been obvious dat d nay always have it against d ayes even with lower voice as far as its from d opposition..
This is nt democracy
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by thundafire: 6:37am On Nov 05, 2015
they wnt 2 turn dy inability of nt paying dy 5k allawee 2 SURE-P nd say GEJ shld account y is APC a confused party always with lies dy knw dy will deceive their e-rats nd may dy moniker below me have sense 2 comment well
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 6:45am On Nov 05, 2015
Start immediately cos time no dey again
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2015
engrsyer:
An hectare of land for sale at Asokoro. Contact my Estate Manager if interested by PM-ing me first.

I need land wey oil wells dey, u get am?
location shud be maitama or kubwa axis.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2015
pikin wey say him mama no go sleep, him no go sleep too. saraki we r watching u!
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by lmm4real: 7:04am On Nov 05, 2015
See them mouth like probe. Who probe done convict for this country.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by abe4kom: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2015
Babzrockman:
Abeg ooo! Allow SURE-P to pay me till december ending before u begin ur probing.

Dis pple bad oh! Den dey collect fat salary and denied us unemployed youths just #5000 naira only.

God punish the mouths that say 'nay' among the senators
Is there a word stronger than Amen?
Pls take it for that your prayer.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by koboko69: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2015
liberty300:
My friend is a direct benefit of sure p. Her business was started with the sure p funds. It's a shame more youths won't be able to benefit from this kind gesture from the fg because nigeria is evil.

I travel to ebonyi state with sure p, Innoson buses..although the drivers are a bit rough but thank God. So no more sure p bus that was twice cheaper to travel with.

I heard the trains were funded by sure p. The last time a train came into enugu was on 15th may. So, no more hope for trains? I heard the first class coaches of these train was like paradise but no, lets burn the trains down because we're selfish

Tomorrow, these black monkeys would blame the white man for their backwardness.

SE will tell any type of lie just to support Jonathan. In b/w that ur friend was super lucky enough to benefit out of Million Nigerians who were scammed does not make the program a success. Yes it was a good initiative but was hijacked by Jonathan's cronies under his watch which makes Jonathan him culpable. How many Nigerians benefitted from Sure P. By the time u guys start realizing the disaster that was averted by kicking PDP out....it will be too late
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by permsec: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2015
This people are buying time.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by teepsee(f): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2015
Is it this probe of a thing that will bring the changes they told us about. That man better be serious cause he is running out of time
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2015
The President will come out soon to tell them he didn't send any of the Senators message.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by engrsyer(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

I need land wey oil wells dey, u get am?
location shud be maitama or kubwa axis.
u can only see rusted irons as mines in those areas. But that Asokoro area is a gateway to heaven. So which do you prefer?
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by multikolour(m): 10:05am On Nov 05, 2015
BALLOSKI:
says who? Gej is seriously begging for mercy.
kai are you serious, are you sure of what you are saying, can you testify against him in court and back it with evidence
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2015
engrsyer:
u can only see rusted irons as mines in those areas. But that Asokoro area is a gateway to heaven. So which do you prefer?
na oil wells me i need.
Any land for dat side wey oil trace dey halla me.
Re: SURE-P: Senate Asks Buhari To Probe Jonathan by hinwazaka: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2015
May God do to APC members, supporters and their families, as they have done to Nigerians. God will deal ruthlessly with all of them

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Buhari Wants To Be A Pharaoh Then He Will Find A Moses In Me – Asari Dokubo / No Light In Akure For Days Now / APC Leaders Want Buhari To Remove Jonathan’s Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.