Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian (20926 Views)

Nollywood Or Bollywood, Where Are The Most Beautiful Actresses ? / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2009
There is no doubt that Nigeria at one time, led in African movies. They also had the most beautiful actresses. But no more. Ghana has taken over. You just have to look at Nadia, Halima Abubakar, and Jackie Appiah to see that they are the most beautiful girls around. They are talented too.

Genevieve Nnaji is not that active these days, but she would be no match against Nadia Bairu. Rita Dominic against Jackie Appiah? Very unfair on Rita, she is out of her class. Who would stand against Halima?

Admittedly, the storylines live alot to be desired, but most of the people are now moving to Ghanaian movies because of the girls. And I know of men who are saying they will be looking for Ghanaian wives!

NOLLYWOOD, MOVE OVER. GHANA HAS FINALLY ARRIVED.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 4:35pm On May 12, 2009
And I know of men who are saying they will be looking for Ghanaian wives!

a lot of Nigerian men are actually marrying Ghanaian wives these days. I dont know if its for their beauty or because the girls remind them of home, since some Nigerians do look Ghanaian.

And Ghanaian women have been marrying non-Ghanaians since time immemorial.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by ElRazur: 7:50pm On May 12, 2009
What a silly title. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Your statement is therefore [i]like a backside, everyone have one! [/i]It do not mean your is more valid than the others.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by sugabelle: 8:59pm On May 12, 2009
lipuka:

There is no doubt that Nigeria at one time, led in African movies. They also had the most beautiful actresses. But no more. Ghana has taken over. You just have to look at Nadia, Halima Abubakar, and Jackie Appiah to see that they are the most beautiful girls around. They are talented too.

Genevieve Nnaji is not that active these days, but she would be no match against Nadia Bairu. Rita Dominic against Jackie Appiah? Very unfair on Rita, she is out of her class. Who would stand against Halima?

Admittedly, the storylines live alot to be desired, but most of the people are now moving to Ghanaian movies because of the girls. And I know of men who are saying they will be looking for Ghanaian wives!

NOLLYWOOD, MOVE OVER. GHANA HAS FINALLY ARRIVED.

lol and double lol. Granted, Ghanian actors (female i mean) have great figures, but if we must talk of black beauty, then Jackie or who ever else can never hold a candle to ordinary Ini Edo. And then the gorgeous Nadia is fine but Lilian Bach in her good days, and now Caroline Ekanem, are both hotter than Nadia if your taste is the mixed-race actors. In short, I'll say even Rita Dominic fine pass all of the ones u mentioned. Nollywood move over? Not quite yet. tongue
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by savanaha: 9:03pm On May 12, 2009
Genvieve Nnaji
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by Sammy107d(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2009
These Ghanaians sha  smiley
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by sexyLeamon(f): 9:24am On May 13, 2009
who cares they are all African
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by Omolola1(f): 9:56am On May 13, 2009
@ poster

na lie
niger actresses still fine pass
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by spikedcylinder: 10:27am On May 13, 2009
I hope you people know that Lipuka is anti anything Nigerian?
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 3:33pm On May 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I hope you people know that Lipuka is anti anything Nigerian?

is he?

I thought he was a pan-Africanist. ie Afro centric.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On May 13, 2009
Check his past posts. wink
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by phantom(m): 4:28pm On May 13, 2009
Beauty?Ghana?Please, As for the movie industry,the ghanians will always follow our lead.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 9:52pm On May 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Check his past posts. wink

are you sure?

His most controversial post was one of his first ones where he asked about Nigerians and prostitution, and he was soundly put through the wringer for asking that question.

The only other "problematic" post I could find was this one

lipuka:

Where can one find the best wife in Africa? Nigerian women are beautiful with a tendency to grow fat as they grow older. They can be bad-tempered too. Ghanaian women are no go, too ugly and dumpy. Congolese girls are good wives, but have a tendency to augment the family income through commercial sex. Ugandan girls are very polite but very poor cooks. Kenyan girls are too bossy and would rather look at your pocket first. Tanzanian girls ate beautiful, good cooks and very polite. And they know how to keep a man at home. They are the best. Somali girls are beasutiful and obedient and loyal, but no sex unless it is for procreation, and Ethiopian girls are beautiful and loyal, but no adventure here; very boring. Apart from Tanzania, where else can one get a good wife?

** and he's obviously changed his mind about Ghanaian women- maybe he's dating one**

but generally, I dont think he's more anti-Nigerian than most other Africans, or even Nigerians themselves.

He sounds more like a pan-Africanist.

1 Like

Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 11:50pm On May 13, 2009
oh yes, lest I forget- he seems to have been heavily into LadyT at one time.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by mohawkchic(f): 12:07am On May 14, 2009
~I didnt know Halima Abubakar was Ghanaian! Saw her in a the Movie "Before The Rain" first time i'd seen her actually!!

~I beg to differ on Ghanaians being the Most Beautiful Actreses In Africa!! They wouldnt even win that based on West African Countries Only talk less of Africa!!
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by SeanT21(f): 6:47am On May 14, 2009
There are beauties everywhere whether it be nigerians or ghanian stars. wink
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 10:16am On May 14, 2009
I am very much for Nigerian girls. In fact I have said repeatedly that tha Ghana girls in general are dumpy. I am talking about the movie girls, and Dhana seems to have learned somethings Nigeria has not.

I am still for Lady T any time. No change here.

As for the Edo girls and prostitution, there are those who agreed with me. And it was not my story but what was in the Press, For you information, the story came out again in October last year in CNN in a programme they called Tagged. You may wish to go and have a look at it.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2009
I am very much for Nigerian girls. In fact I have said repeatedly that tha Ghana girls in general are dumpy. I am talking about the movie girls, and Dhana seems to have learned somethings Nigeria has not.

As for the Edo girls and prostitution, there are those who agreed with me. And it was not my story but what was in the Press, For you information, the story came out again in October last year in CNN in a programme they called Tagged. You may wish to go and have a look at it.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 4:11pm On May 14, 2009
lipuka:

We're just very sensitive about all the profiling, that's all. I'm like that myself.

I think spiked may be confusing you with some other people, btw.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 14, 2009
sugabelle:

lol and double lol. Granted, Ghanian actors (female i mean) have great figures, but if we must talk of black beauty, then Jackie or who ever else can never hold a candle to ordinary Ini Edo. And then the gorgeous Nadia is fine but Lilian Bach in her good days, and now Caroline Ekanem, are both hotter than Nadia if your taste is the mixed-race actors. In short, I'll say even Rita Dominic fine pass all of the ones u mentioned. Nollywood move over? Not quite yet. tongue
/\
i
i
Enuf said!!
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by kattie101(f): 7:30pm On May 21, 2009
were did all dis bad belly come from, sayin ghanian actress are prettier and have better body than nigeria actress. only Ini edo finish all the the ghanian actress with beauty, not to talk about gene, omo sexy, rita dominic, oge okey, stephanie okereke, dakore egbuson, mercy johnson. can u compare dis to only two actresses dat are active in ghana. pls say something better, if u guys have nothing to say at all.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2009
I have not said anything in bad faith, but I speak as a professionbal. I know something about media and drama. I have been trained in Drama by the Voice of Germany, BBC and the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association. I have participated as a producer of dramma for broadcast. What I have come up with is actually a wake up call to Nigeria, and this is in very good faith.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by nene1: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2009
to the poster:

I'm african, but I'm not ghanaian or nigerian. I always thought nigerians as a whole looked better than ghanaians. here in new york, most of the ghanaians I see are not very good looking. I usually joke about how Ghana chooses their best looking ghanaians to act in the movies, b/c the majority are not good looking, but there are however some good looking ghanaians dont get me wrong. Doesn't Ghana follow Nigeria's lead with the movie industry? Nollywood was the first African film capital, was it not? Then Ghollywood came after.

Plus Nigerian actresses are definitely still better looking. Come on, Rita Dominic is much prettier than Jackie. Her form is too think like many Ghanaians. I do agree that Nadia and others you mentioned are gorgeous, but they are mixed race. A lot of Nigeria's gorgeous actors are not all mixed, but for Ghanaians why is it that the majority are mixed, when we all know that it is not representative of all of Ghana. Nigeria has many mixed actors, but the majority are not and represent all of Nigeria.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by nene1: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2009
phantom:

Beauty?Ghana?Please, As for the movie industry,the ghanians will always follow our lead.

I agree. I'm not saying there are not good looking Ghanaians, but they are not the best examples of African beauty. Besides, Nigeria has a population of 150 million, so there are more people to choose from. Of course they are gonna have the largest film industry, b/c there country is huge and population is huge. I'm not saying Nigeria is better than other African countries, but they are bigger than all other african countries (at least by population) Ghana is about 20 million. For for roughly about every Ghanaina there are 7 Nigerians. Ghana and Nigeria should not have their film industries competing against each other, but they should work together since they are all africans.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by tpiah: 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2009
the Ghanaian actresses look more pleasant than many of the Nigerian ones.

Sometimes its not only about being beautiful- if you're pretty but look like you want to attack everyone you see, or look stuck up as if pretty women don finish for this world, then that's a huge turn off.

Some Nigerians seem to think the nasty hiphop look is a normal one which appeals to everybody.

Thats like saying most white stars have Eminem's expression, which isnt so.

Tyra banks is always talking about looking fierce but she doesnt mean appearing thuggish 100% of the time.

1 Like

Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by omar22(m): 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2009
Are people forgeting that Charlize Theron is African

An OSCAR WINNER

[img][/img]

Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2009
Ther is no doubt that Nigeria has done a lot in promoting African theatre. Nollywood is the leader and very popular. It has exposed true African beauty to the rest of the world. Right now Nollywood is co-operating with other countries in producing movies. I have seen some movies which are co-productions between Nigerian producers and East African producers, as well as Nigerian and Ghanaian movies. In face some have Nigerians speaking in Kiswahili, which is just great. That is the way to go
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by ekusman(m): 4:35am On Jun 12, 2009
Yes the industry is on a come back mission, we can do something to compliment these producers or what doyou say?
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2009
I guess it has started. Nigerian producers are working with Ghanaian Producers, we just have to start working together. Africa is still virgin country and there is the potential and market to sustain the industry
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by yoruba: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2009
All you people forget that there is a South Africa. SA has produced international award films one of which won an oscar. There Movies are compared to the US, EU, Asian movies.
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by lipuka(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
South Africans do not consider themselves as part of Africa, For their arrogance, they do not deserve to be included here
Re: The Most Beautiful Actresses In Africa Are Ghanaian by yoruba: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
South Africa is part of africa. South Africans consider themselves as Africans (Black, white, indian, coloured,) i dont know where you get the arrogance from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comedian Ay's Movie 30 Days In Atlanta Makes 76 Million Naira In 7 Weeks!! / 'Jaguar': Old Nigerian Sitcom / Boondocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.