Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,707 members, 7,855,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:07 PM

Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari (1004 Views)

BUHARI AT 74: Okowa Hails President Buhari At 74 / Imo Deputy Governor Hails Gov. Okorocha For Uniting Ndi- / Imo Deputy Governor Hails Appellate Court Verdict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by madjnr: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Governor Henry Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state has expressed dissatisfaction with some comments made against President Muhammadu Buhari by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Today.ng reports.
Dickson has instead asked his people to come together and support the Nigerian leader whom he has hailed for disclosing the economic status of the country.
The Bayelsa state governor, who made this charge while addressing new special advisers at the government house, Yenagoa, on Wednesday, said the way out of the present economic doldrums is diversification from oil and gas sector of the economy.
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state
He said: “Already, you are all aware of the statement by the President that our country is in a very dire financial situation. That comment has attracted a lot of criticisms but I agree with the president that Nigerians are entitled to know the true state of the economy.
READ ALSO : Bayelsa Election: Police Caution Dickson, Sylva
“Investors who want to do business in Nigeria are entitled to know the true state of our economy. Let me use this opportunity to call on all Bayelsans to listen to what the President has said that the entire country is broke. He has made us understand that the financial situation that we are managing is a national phenomenon. It is not peculiar to Bayelsa.
“For the allocation of last month, the Federation Account Allocation Committee could not meet until the past month because they didn’t have money to share to the state and , even when they met for the first time since I took over as governor, states have started getting zero allocation.
“I don’t know why people are blaming the president for saying that our country is broke because that is the truth about the economy. States can’t pay salaries, we can’t meet our basic responsibilities. I can’t pay allowances to myself and my staff.
READ ALSO : APC Chieftain Urge Kidnappers To Release His Mother
“However, even in the midst of that we are managing to pay salaries. Even in this terrible month, we’ve directed that by Monday salaries of workers should be paid.”
Dickson also urged the new appointees to join forces with other critical stakeholders of the PDP to mobilize support for the party in the forthcoming election.
Chief Lambert Ototo, Special Adviser on Agriculture and Olaitari Ikemike, Special Adviser on Industrial Development are the newly-appointees.
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by hammariise(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
FTC
Sai Baba
He belongs to nobody and he belongs to everyone
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
No o, its buhari that caused it. Even when it is evident that states allocation were being shortchanged since the draft man's era.

But I knw, we shall overcome this cos we will be prudent in spending u like our bowler hat wearer

4 Likes

Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by shiftmarket(m): 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
What party is this governor

Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by boujaye: 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
madjnr:
Governor Henry Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state has expressed dissatisfaction with some comments made against President Muhammadu Buhari by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Today.ng reports.
Dickson has instead asked his people to come together and support the Nigerian leader whom he has hailed for disclosing the economic status of the country.
The Bayelsa state governor, who made this charge while addressing new special advisers at the government house, Yenagoa, on Wednesday, said the way out of the present economic doldrums is diversification from oil and gas sector of the economy.
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state
He said: “Already, you are all aware of the statement by the President that our country is in a very dire financial situation. That comment has attracted a lot of criticisms but I agree with the president that Nigerians are entitled to know the true state of the economy.
READ ALSO : Bayelsa Election: Police Caution Dickson, Sylva
“Investors who want to do business in Nigeria are entitled to know the true state of our economy. Let me use this opportunity to call on all Bayelsans to listen to what the President has said that the entire country is broke. He has made us understand that the financial situation that we are managing is a national phenomenon. It is not peculiar to Bayelsa.
“For the allocation of last month, the Federation Account Allocation Committee could not meet until the past month because they didn’t have money to share to the state and , even when they met for the first time since I took over as governor, states have started getting zero allocation.
“I don’t know why people are blaming the president for saying that our country is broke because that is the truth about the economy. States can’t pay salaries, we can’t meet our basic responsibilities. I can’t pay allowances to myself and my staff.
READ ALSO : APC Chieftain Urge Kidnappers To Release His Mother
“However, even in the midst of that we are managing to pay salaries. Even in this terrible month, we’ve directed that by Monday salaries of workers should be paid.”
Dickson also urged the new appointees to join forces with other critical stakeholders of the PDP to mobilize support for the party in the forthcoming election.
Chief Lambert Ototo, Special Adviser on Agriculture and Olaitari Ikemike, Special Adviser on Industrial Development are the newly-appointees.
mumu, show me your source
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
If this piece of trash is anything to go by, then I have this to do say about you:
Dickson, you could only say this after securing the Gubernatorial Ticket of the PDP for the forth coming elections.

Better don't join the bandwagon to do hypocrisy and sycophancy.

This should serve as your last warning.
The next time you sound this foolish, we will substitute your name at INEC before election.

A word...
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by miqos02(m): 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
hmmm
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by donphilopus: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
[s]
Opinedecandid:
If this piece of trash is anything to go by, then I have this to do say about you:
Dickson, you could only say this after securing the Gubernatorial Ticket of the PDP for the forth coming elections.

Better don't join the bandwagon to do hypocrisy and sycophancy.

This should serve as your last warning.
The next time you sound this foolish, we will substitute your name at INEC before election.

A word...
[/s]

What's this one saying? Even some nonentities on Nairaland would think their opinions count. If you think it counts, ask the Chief Wailer. He has been wailing for the past 6 months. But when PDP's Yorum forum was constituted and inaugurated, his name wasn't considered. He now knows that wailing doesn't pay.

You wey no get mouth for your LG Council Councillorship Poll wanna claim you can substitute Dickson? You're just joking. Dickson must contest and he must be dealt with by Sylva!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

What's this one saying? Even some nonentities on Nairaland would think their opinions count. If you think it counts, ask the Chief Wailer. He has been wailing for the past 6 months. But when PDP's Yorum forum was constituted and inaugurated, his name wasn't considered. He now knows that wailing doesn't pay.

You wey no get mouth for your LG Council Councillorship Poll wanna claim you can substitute Dickson? You're just joking. Dickson must contest and he must be dealt with by Sylva!

Really, I will try not to respond to all the issues you have raised, but two.

First, I guess the 'chief wailer' you referred to is President Buhari, because the only thing he has been doing since May 29th, 2015 is wailing.
Nothing more, nothing less.

As for my inability to contribute to who becomes the councillor of my Ward, I won't answer you until Dickson vs Sylva's election.

At the end of the day, we will use that to judge who was irrelevant, vulnerable and useless.

If APC wins, then I was.
If PDP wins, then you were, are and shall always be.
Re: Economy Status: Bayelsa Governor Hails President Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Really?
I will try not to respond to all the issues you have raised, but two.

First, I guess the 'chief wailer' you referred to is President Buhari, because the only thing he has been doing since May 29th, 2015 is wailing.
Nothing more, nothing less.

As for my inability to contribute to who becomes the councillor of my Ward, I won't answer you until Dickson vs Sylva's election.

At the end of the day, we will use that to judge who was irrelevant, vulnerable and useless.

If APC wins, then I was.
If PDP wins, then you were, are and shall always be.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Closed Down For Biafra / peace / How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985, Allegedly Destroyed His 1st Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.