Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! (4059 Views)

I'm Worried, I Finally Graduated With 2:2, Any Advice For Me? / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by dupsil(f): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
Am a 500l std of Electrical Engineering in the better by far university. Since I got admission into the university, I have worked hard to do well academically and graduate with at least a second class upper bt unfortunately things didn't go as planned. I currently have a CGPA of 3.2 which is second class lower and I don't see myself graduating with a 2-1. So av bin contemplating an alternative. Extra year!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen people with third class that spills and end up wt 2-2 and a friend of mine wt 2-2 graduated after spilling wt 2-1. So am contemplating spilling!!!!!!! Atleast its better to have an extra yr and graduate wt 2-1 than graduate at the right time with 2-2. Told my mum about it but she wouldn't hear of it. Never had carry over before though. Pls I nid advise from matured minds.

Thanks
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by xreal: 3:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
Before openin this thread I had known that the op was a studend of Unilorin.

If I were you I would follow my mind which is having an extra year and having a reason to be proud of such decision.

Extra year is almost normal in your school isn't? You will not be the first.
Your mum is a good mother, she wants everything done fast-fast grin, sit her down and let her understand the reason for your decision.

I wish you the best.

Probitas Doctrina !
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by acenazt: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Spill
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by minifuworld: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
dupsil:
Am a 500l std of Electrical Engineering in the better by far university. Since I got admission into the university, I have worked hard to do well academically and graduate with at least a second class upper bt unfortunately things didn't go as planned. I currently have a CGPA of 3.2 which is second class lower and I don't see myself graduating with a 2-1. So av bin contemplating an alternative. Extra year!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen people with third class that spills and end up wt 2-2 and a friend of mine wt 2-2 graduated after spilling wt 2-1. So am contemplating spilling!!!!!!! Atleast its better to have an extra yr and graduate wt 2-1 than graduate at the right time with 2-2. Told my mum about it but she wouldn't hear of it. Never had carry over before though. Pls I nid advise from matured minds.

Thanks
pls wot point did 2-1 fall into? Cos if its 3.5 i dnt tink dat u cn stil make it. Pls i wil advise u to get ur handbook n study ao cgp and cgpa is been calculate
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by Gmajor(m): 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
this is not a very good idea if you ask me.
For starters there is no guarantee that you will end up with 2.1 if you spill.

Now look at it from this perspective, your gp is 3.2 therefore your will need a spill over gp of close to 4.3 or more to boost your entire gp to at least 3.5.
do you think you can make it?
also what about the cost Implications ?
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by tosyne2much(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
I don't think it's a good idea if you ask me. What gives you the assurance that considering spill over will somewhat land you in second class upper

I want you to look at it from this angle. What if you go for a spill over and still end up in your 2.2 ?

Think twice my dear
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by salvo583: 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
To me it doesnt make any sense to spill but if you know getting a gpa of >4.5 is possible then you can go ahead . The worst thing is that if you now spill and your final cgpa is 3.49 nkor? Na that one go pain you pass. The situation here is dicey, if i were to be in your shoes i will prefare to graduate with a 2-2 than spilling. Graduate with 2-2 and dont put all your eggs in a basket.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by opylas(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
Doesn't make any sense. I can't believe what these other guys are advising. Lady, it's what u cld gather. Graduate wt ur 2.2 and move forward.

PS. It's d first time I'm hearing abt sm1 thinking of spilling for ur reason.
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by Fraih(f): 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
If you spill over, there is no assurance of a 3.5 cgpa if you will be dropping some courses and if you will intentionally fail some courses, They will increase your total unit which will affect you in the next year.

you can hit 3.5 if you have Gp of 4.7 and above, dats if you are in first semester. I am a living testimony.
So please my dear, you can like to read very well and take this last phase very serious, you can still hit second class upper, dont go for an extra year.
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by joe4christ(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Why would anyone even wanna do that? From what I'm conversant with, it's the other way round - student's cgpa tends to drop after a spill.
You can graduate with a 2.2 and then go for your masters or a professional course to boost your CV.
That's what a reasonable person would do.
I can only hope you'll listen to the voice of reasoning!
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by Chilug(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Go home to ur mother
Re: Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! by gunpoint(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Go marry grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Beware Of Rechard Cards. I Beg U Please Distroy After Use / Is A Female Of 23years Too Old To Start 100 Level In The University? / Jamb Direct Entry Scratch Cards Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.