Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? (5343 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / What Is So Special About Human Life? / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

How are you sure that it is only humans that do this? Have you carried out a survey of every other living creature on earth?

That's my point exactly why should it be me carrying out the survey ? or have you seen other animals trying to carry it out experiments about humans or rather trying to trace the origin of their own existence.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

Every creature (ie created thing). This includes Rocks and stones, birds and trees.....

so how do they do this?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

so how do they do this?

Gosh!! This is the point where I'll be forced to quote the bible because nothing else will convince you, not even eyeball evidence.

Have you ever seen trees clapping their hands? Yes, they do, quietly rapturously.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

That's my point exactly why should it be me carrying out the survey ? or have you seen other animals trying to carry it out experiments about humans or rather trying to trace the origin of their own existence.

I've seen animals carry out lots of experiments. My dogs for instance. They have experimented with the edibility of almost every thing that can fit into their mouths. By now most things are well sorted in their minds into 2 categories. Edible and Inedible.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Isaiah 55
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”
Luke19

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his hosts! Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars!
Psalm 148
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

I've seen animals carry out lots of experiments. My dogs for instance. They have experimented with the edibility of almost every thing that can fit into their mouths. By now most things are well sorted in their minds into 2 categories. Edible and Inedible.

whether they carryout experiment or not is not what I'm asking but the reason or rather the motive behind it, have you come across dogs or pigs trying to understand or trace the origin of the earth, or have you seen other Animals trying to find out if a Creator exists.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:
One unique thing about the human nature, that I think makes us stand out from all other animals is this desire to understand the world, to improve and change it for the better

Please check out this dog. Tell me, what is it's motivation? Could it be trying to 'improve' the world, 'change it for the better'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBiAlqygvms
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=PastorAIO post=50869309]

He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”
Luke19

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his hosts! Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars!
Psalm 148[/quote)

so you believe in the Bible?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

peacesamuel94:

whether they carryout experiment or not is not what I'm asking but the reason or rather the motive behind it, have you come across dogs or pigs trying to understand or trace the origin of the earth, or have you seen other Animals trying to find out if a Creator exists.

You should have made that clear.

What makes you think that Animal have any need to find out if a Creator exists? It is the person that is lost that is seeking directions.

1 Like

Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=peacesamuel94 post=50869462][/quote]

I'm forced to quote the bible because it is the only authority you can accept. If I were to introduce you to a talking tree (or clapping tree for that matter) today you still will not believe.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

You should have made that clear.

What makes you think that Animal have any need to find out if a Creator exists? It is the person that is lost that is seeking directions.

Are you not an atheist?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Are you not an atheist?

Nope.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Are you not an atheist?

OK sorry I was mistaking you for one, due to some of your comments I've read from threads here on. nairaland.

so Whats your belief?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=PastorAIO post=50869655]
Nope.[/quote
OK sorry I was mistaking you for one so what's your belief?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

OK sorry I was mistaking you for one, due to some of your comments I've read from threads here on. nairaland.

so Whats your belief?

My beliefs are a subject for a different thread some other time. Right now the subject on the table is whether there is a religiously significant distinction in human nature that separates it from other creatures.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
For the stone will cry out from the wall, and the beam from the woodwork respond.

Habakkuk Chapter 2
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Be The President Of The United States? / Letter To Ifeann / A UK Based RCCG Pastor Impregnates His Chorister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.