Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Is So Special About Human Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is So Special About Human Life? (4444 Views)

Human Life Circle In Pictures: Which Stage Are You Currently? / #prayformuamba: Footballing Moment That Proved A Human Life Was More Important.. / Some Amazing Facts About Human Brain:part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2017
Now this may seem like a question from a psychopath, but if we drop the play of being political correctness, then we may start to examine this more logically.

I honestly don't believe we humans are special.

I don't believe we have any high purpose.

What makes us think we are special?
1. Intelligence to kill.
Yes. That is the number one thing that makes us feel superior. We can alienate every other specie on earth.

This is synonymous to the superimacy of the whites over the blacks (Africans)
The whites dominated us, enslaved us, colonized us, dehumanized us ONLY because head to head they had better killing power, better weapons. Does it make them superior? I don't agree. Does it make them have a high purpose? No.

What is the big deal if all humans did not evolve to the level of confussion the human race has evolved to?

I am of the opinion that a frog may live a more fulfilling life than a human.

To what end is our intelligence.

What purpose do you presume we are "called" to and why do you hold dearly to life?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by shortgun(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2017
The bible has all the answers to ur questions.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HCpaul(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2017
shortgun:

As in
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2017
shortgun:
Kindly share the answers

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by shortgun(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror:

Kindly share the answers
In the Bible you will find that everything u see or do in this world is vanity, null and void.
You will know that u are only a visitor here; nothing you do or achieve will bring everlasting happiness to you.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 6:27pm On May 14, 2017
shortgun:

In the Bible you will find that everything u see or do in this world is vanity, null and void.
You will know that u are only a visitor here; nothing you do or achieve will bring everlasting happiness to you.
Ok so you agree we humans aint special
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by shortgun(m): 6:34pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror:

Ok so you agree we humans aint special
It depends from d angle u are looking at it.
I know we are d most intelligent multi celled organism to ever roam the surface of the earth.
If our intelligence has helped us or not is a subject of debate.

People lived longer in times past without industrial and technological breakthroughs than they do today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Image123(m): 7:48pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror:
Now this may seem like a question from a psychopath, but if we drop the play of being political correctness, then we may start to examine this more logically.

I honestly don't believe we humans are special.

I don't believe we have any high purpose.

What makes us think we are special?
1. Intelligence to kill.
Yes. That is the number one thing that makes us feel superior. We can alienate every other specie on earth.

This is synonymous to the superimacy of the whites over the blacks (Africans)
The whites dominated us, enslaved us, colonized us, dehumanized us ONLY because head to head they had better killing power, better weapons. Does it make them superior? I don't agree. Does it make them have a high purpose? No.

What is the big deal if all humans did not evolve to the level of confussion the human race has evolved to?

I am of the opinion that a frog may live a more fulfilling life than a human.

To what end is our intelligence.

What purpose do you presume we are "called" to and why do you hold dearly to life?

A life without God is meaningless, you must have preached this as a christian. Remember?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror

I believe we Humans are special because we are the only creature that can create something magnificent from our mental capabilities. No other creature can do that.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Icosahedron(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2017
Read "The World as Will and Representation" by Arthur Schopenhauer.

Try to read his work, On the Vanity of Human Life. He has the answers to your questions.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 9:12pm On May 14, 2017
onyenze123:
HardMirror

I believe we Humans are special because we are the only creature that can create something magnificent from our mental capabilities. No other creature can do that.
Lots of animals if not all are special in their own way. I can't begin to go through them all, but I don't see anything special we have done as humans. Can you list these special things we have created?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2017
Image123:

A life without God is meaningless, you must have preached this as a christian. Remember?
yes one of those "feel good" things we say. being a caucasian also means you belong to the most evolved and superior races

4 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by NairalandSARS: 9:15pm On May 14, 2017
Hardmirror, what do you mean by the word SPECIAL?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Elkay3: 9:15pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror:

Lots of animals if not all are special in their own way. I can't begin to go through them all, but I don't see anything special we have done as humans. Can you list these special things we have created?

Look at your phone screen. That's one place to start...
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 14, 2017
HardMirror:

Yes, every animal is special in its own way but none can rival the capabilities of man.

Special Things we created: Too numerous to mention but its foundation lies in these forces: Gravitational, Electromagnetic, Weak Nuclear and Strong Nuclear Forces.

Let me ask you a question: who will defend life on earth if a giant asteroid is on collision trajectory with the earth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by hopefulLandlord: 11:27pm On May 14, 2017
Image123:

the classic theistic bullsheeet

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by hopefulLandlord: 11:55pm On May 14, 2017
shortgun:

It depends from d angle u are looking at it.
I know we are d most intelligent multi celled organism to ever roam the surface of the earth.
If our intelligence has helped us or not is a subject of debate.

People lived longer in times past without industrial and technological breakthroughs than they do today.

are you sure people actually lived longer in times past?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Nobody: 12:02am On May 15, 2017
You ask what is special about human life?

We are emanations of the Divine, we live only to discover beauty and even the spirits of the air envy man his pain.

There is a space between man's imagination and man's accomplishment that may only be crossed by his desire. The significance of man is not in what he attains, but rather in what he longs to attain.

How can you lose faith in the purpose of life? The dreams of those who sleep on a feathered bed are no more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep upon the bare earth? The desire for pleasures is a part of our pain.

Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky. We cut them down and turn them into paper so that we may record our emptiness.

Frogs may bellow louder than bulls, but they cannot drag the plough in the field nor turn the wheel of the winepress.

Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by johnydon22(m): 12:24am On May 15, 2017
I will reply this from a scientific point of view, from a vintage point past the shores and limitations of this earth. Humans are young and venerable but yet are brave and curious.

The Cosmos may be densely populated with intelligent beings. But the evolutionary lesson is clear: There will be no humans elsewhere. Only here. Only on this small planet. We are a rare as well as an endangered species. Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In all million billion galaxies scattered in the vastness of forever, you will not find another.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Wilgrea7(m): 4:31am On May 15, 2017
well.... i think all life is special to a certain degree.... that doesn't mean you won't swat that mosquito or spray that Mortein angry .... although... many creatures are special in their own way... on earth. i think man tops the list.. if aliens probably exist, they'd be special too... we're all special to an extent
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:24am On May 15, 2017
onyenze123:

Yes, every animal is special in its own way but none can rival the capabilities of man.

Special Things we created: Too numerous to mention but its foundation lies in these forces: Gravitational, Electromagnetic, Weak Nuclear and Strong Nuclear Forces.

Let me ask you a question: who will defend life on earth if a giant asteroid is on collision trajectory with the earth?
first technology does not make us special. We evolved and survived fine for millions of years without it. Many animals have been in existence for millions of years and they are doing just fine without any of the things man created. We are even doing damage to the planet and wild life than helping them.

As to the question of who would defend the planet from a giant asteriod. Pls don't be fooled by all you see in media and documentaries. Man is soooo helpless. Maybe a small asteriod can be blasted off collision course to the earth but not a big one.

It is just like the way america creates an illusion of their secret service being all knowing but truth is they are not all what they claim. It is all part of the strategy to make people feel they are in control.

And we should not be worried about an asteriod that is most unlikely to hit the earth. No asteriod as don any significant damage for how many years now? 100,000 years? A million years? Be worried about our fantastic stockpile of weapons of mas destruction. I guess that makes us special right?
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:30am On May 15, 2017
Elkay3:

Look at your phone screen. That's one place to start...
Look at syria, that's one place to start for you too.
I don't see frogs, fish, birds, monkeys, tigers doing so much damage to life. Look at the amazon and behold the wonder of man. How many acres of virgin forest do we log everyday? Go figure.

You think we are special because we have technology? I can imagine if something makes the sun's gravitational pull all of a sudden stronger and the earth is pulled towards the sun at a faster rate, how special would we be?

How special are we when floods, volcanic eruptions and earth quakes devastate us? Oh, we are weaklings. We are just like everyother living thing. We die and we die very easily. Does not seem so special to me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by ifenes(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2017
Every life form is special and serves a purpose. If they weren't they won't exist in the first place. Human life is just as advanced as the rest of the animals. The human form is only our interpretation of Energy fields and it takes special beings to live on this planet. It takes a lot to go through the limitations and negative beliefs and still come out on top. Being human is one of the wonders of the Universe( You-niverse)

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2017
Wilgrea7:
well.... i think all life is special to a certain degree.... that doesn't mean you won't swat that mosquito or spray that Mortein angry .... although... many creatures are special in their own way... on earth. i think man tops the list.. if aliens probably exist, they'd be special too... we're all special to an extent
Aliens aint special. It is from our vain minds we attribute superiority to anything. What would be special about aliens?
When you realize the vastness of the universe, of the cosmos, you realize how long it has been in existence and how long it would be in existence (for eternity), you realize we are just a speck of the creations of the cosmos that would pass away. We would be long gone as a species and the cosmos would reuse us as resources that has nothing to do with our intelligence. That is how not special we are. We are struggling to survive. We are helplessly grasping for life. We are pretentious but our real aim is survival. We aint special. We may dress up in suit and spray cologne on our bodies to smell nice, it is all part of the survival game. When cancer or other terminal diseases hit us, we realize how not special we are
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:43am On May 15, 2017
ifenes:
Every life form is special and serves a purpose. If they weren't they won't exist in the first place. Human life is just as advanced as the rest of the animals. The human form is only our interpretation of Energy fields and it takes special beings to live on this planet. It takes a lot to go through the limitations and negative beliefs and still come out on top. Being human is one of the wonders of the Universe( You-niverse)
And what celebrats us as special? Us? Just the way some races are more superior to other races? Or do we want to pretend that the black race is the most useless of all races? Do we want to play political-corretedness now? There could be an alien race out there so so advanced that we are just like ants to them, we don't even worth their attention. I am sure a lion would feel very special when it captures a human and feeds on his flesh. It is all an illusion. We are all weak and no different from a rat that holds dear to life. What do we live for? Sex, food? What? That tells you how special we are.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2017
johnydon22:
I will reply this from a scientific point of view, from a vintage point past the shores and limitations of this earth. Humans are young and venerable but yet are brave and curious.

The Cosmos may be densely populated with intelligent beings. But the evolutionary lesson is clear: There will be no humans elsewhere. Only here. Only on this small planet. We are a rare as well as an endangered species. Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In all million billion galaxies scattered in the vastness of forever, you will not find another.
Being unique makes us special. We have over 7 billion people on this planet now and many more have died. What is so special about 7billion people, what purpose are they serving? If allowed we would keep increasing, why should we increase, to serve what purpose. I disagree. We aint special. We are just another specie of animals. You know what 7billion people want? Check and see for yourself how special our needs are.
Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2017
Sarassin:

You ask what is special about human life?

We are emanations of the Divine, we live only to discover beauty and even the spirits of the air envy man his pain.

There is a space between man's imagination and man's accomplishment that may only be crossed by his desire. The significance of man is not in what he attains, but rather in what he longs to attain.

How can you lose faith in the purpose of life? The dreams of those who sleep on a feathered bed are no more beautiful than the dreams of those who sleep upon the bare earth? The desire for pleasures is a part of our pain.

Trees are poems that the earth writes upon the sky. We cut them down and turn them into paper so that we may record our emptiness.

Frogs may bellow louder than bulls, but they cannot drag the plough in the field nor turn the wheel of the winepress.

Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

As I said before, we have over 7billion people on earth right now, what is the special thing we are doing that has a high pupose to the cosmos. Nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by bqlekan(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2017
Special? I think not

Limited perception The human mind is so limited in it's understanding of the universe. There appears to be a barrier to what we can understand. Just as ant wouldn't know about the existence of Jupiter and will never be, the human mind will never go beyond certain limits in it's existence.

Death You think we are more special than host of unicellular/multicellular organisms? Then why do we have to die like them? We are yet to solve the puzzle of death. An unknown disease can wipe out our entire populace, a slight modification to the air we breathe in and we are diseased/deceased.Yet, there are even hosts of organisms out there who arguably don't die. That alone knocks us off from being special.

The cosmos To think that we can't even travel out of our own galaxy yet is a reason not to feel too special. Even if we can, we won't even reach 5% of the observable universe in our lifetime.
Voyager 1 took a picture of earth from space decades ago, (image below) the earth appeared like a speck of dust hanging in a vacuum. Earth doesn't appear so special from there, why do we think we are.

Humans are not special, earth is, earth may continue to sustain life after we are long gone. As a theist, I believe God intentionally put a barrier around us. We won't see beyond our perception.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by ifenes(m): 8:14am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

And what celebrats us as special? Us? Just the way some races are more superior to other races? Or do we want to pretend that the black race is the most useless of all races? Do we want to play political-corretedness now? There could be an alien race out there so so advanced that we are just like ants to them, we don't even worth their attention. I am sure a lion would feel very special when it captures a human and feeds on his flesh. It is all an illusion. We are all weak and no different from a rat that holds dear to life. What do we live for? Sex, food? What? That tells you how special we are.

It's all a case of belief. Yes a man Is physically stronger than a woman but we all know this same man can easily go weak at the sight of the female curves or even be easily manipulated by her. The black race is not weak, we won't be if we lived in our world. We have our gift and it is clearly not technology. We are deeply spiritual and stronger than the rest...... If we put that to use,we have the ability to diffuse all technological illusions presented to us by the white race. However I am not saying the White race is useless either. We are all special and have special roles to play.

Aliens are not more special than we are. Most of them have lost their abilities to reproduce like we do,due to dependence technology. How do we know they don't learn from us?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by Oloruntobi4382(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2017
The deluded atheist is here again.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by HardMirror(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2017
ifenes:

It's all a case of belief. Yes a man Is physically stronger than a woman but we all know this same man can easily go weak at the sight of the female curves or even be easily manipulated by her. The black race is not weak, we won't be if we lived in our world. We have our gift and it is clearly not technology. We are deeply spiritual and stronger than the rest...... If we put that to use,we have the ability to diffuse all technological illusions presented to us by the white race. However I am not saying the White race is useless either. We are all special and have special roles to play.

Aliens are not more special than we are. Most of them have lost their abilities to reproduce like we do,due to dependence technology. How do we know they don't learn from us?
I still don't see what makes us special. If you claim aliens learn from us, don't you know we humans also learn from other animals?

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Human Life? by johnydon22(m): 8:28am On May 15, 2017
HardMirror:

Being unique makes us special. We have over 7 billion people on this planet now and many more have died. What is so special about 7billion people, what purpose are they serving? If allowed we would keep increasing, why should we increase, to serve what purpose. I disagree. We aint special. We are just another specie of animals. You know what 7billion people want? Check and see for yourself how special our needs are.

Read the post again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Not Take The Covid Vaccine. The Vaccine Is Death / Is Religion A Business? / Mazaje: Let's Discuss Atheism: An Insight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.