Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? (5312 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / What Is So Special About Human Life? / What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
What is human nature? What does the Bible say about human nature? Are we fallen creatures or do we still carry the image of God?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by psucc(m): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
At the fall of man, the image of God which is the Holy Spirit departed man but the dead and resurrection of Christ reinstate the Spirit of God again only upon those who had decided to follow Him.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
psucc:

At the fall of man, the image of God which is the Holy Spirit departed man but the dead and resurrection of Christ reinstate the Spirit of God again only upon those who had decided to follow Him.

That's true but how can you explain the human nature?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 2:57am On Nov 12, 2015
'talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms... I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human'

-- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by itstpia8: 3:00am On Nov 12, 2015
well, I know of the song Human Nature by Michael Jackson.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by Anas09: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2015
What is ur question exactly?
Human nature as partains to our spirituality or as partains to our material/physical beings?

Sin was infused into our nature, hence made lying, stealing, adultery, fornication, killing in different forms, bcome like the nature of man.

Physical or material human nature.
All humans, eat, drink, poo, take a pee, gesture, laf, get angry. Sleep, love. Etc.
Is this what u mean?
Just trying to understand you.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 10:17am On Nov 12, 2015
it seems humans are the only species that practice religion. That should tell us something about the nature of and source of religion.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30am On Nov 13, 2015
Anas09:

What is ur question exactly?
Human nature as partains to our spirituality or as partains to our material/physical beings?

Sin was infused into our nature, hence made lying, stealing, adultery, fornication, killing in different forms, bcome like the nature of man.

Physical or material human nature.
All humans, eat, drink, poo, take a pee, gesture, laf, get angry. Sleep, love. Etc.
Is this what u mean?
Just trying to understand you.

What makes you human?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33am On Nov 13, 2015
PastorAIO:

it seems humans are the only species that practice religion. That should tell us something about the nature of and source of religion.

Rather, that should tell us about human nature. Why is it that it is only humans that practice religion?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by Anas09: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmmm. What makes me human?
I will say, what makes me human is I crave for relationship. Physical and spiritual. I crave for love. I have emotions. I have conciousness. I have impulses. I can think and reason. I have choices, I have free will.

@Johnnydon, come and help me here. Atleast in the human part of humanity.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by xcelentattitude(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2015
in luke 9:23 Jesus was issuing out a invitation and He said whosoever will follow Him would have to deny himself (the flesh). Gal 5:19 talks about the works of the flesh: that they are plain. This originated from Adam (I cor 15:48). Until a man gives his life to Christ he continues bearing the image of Adam (Gen 5:3). Hence the case of Niccodemus. So if you see a man exhibiting any of the characteristics in Gal 5:19 he is only being led by his human nature.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 11:29am On Nov 13, 2015
Anas09:
I will say, what makes me human is I crave for relationship. Physical and spiritual. I crave for love. I have emotions. I have conciousness. I have impulses. I can think and reason. I have choices, I have free will.

Beasts crave these things too.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
Anas09:

That makes us social creatures, yes? smiley
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Rather, that should tell us about human nature. Why is it that it is only humans that practice religion?

because Religion is a human artifact.

Relationship with God isn't. All creatures have relationship with God.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
PastorAIO:

because Religion is a human artifact.

Why is it only humans that have an inbuilt consciousness worship the Creator?

PastorAIO:

Relationship with God isn't. All creatures have relationship with God.

Please tell us how other creatures other than humans have a relationship with God.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why is it only humans that have an inbuilt consciousness worship the Creator?

Please tell us how other creatures other than humans have a relationship with God.

Who said it is only humans that worship creator? I don't know what you mean by inbuilt consciousness. please explain that one to me.

Every creature, human or otherwise, has a relationship with the creator and lives by it.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by Anas09: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
I will say yes. Craving for a relationship makes us social creatures and human. because only human crave for that. Its relationship that brings about worship.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
itstpia8:

well, I know of the song Human Nature by Michael Jackson.

What does that song teach you about human nature? smiley
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
The song teaches that human beings are driven by sexual desire and it drives them to go out looking for someone to have sex with. And the song tells us that if anyone asks why we seek sexual partners just tell them that it's HUMAN NATURE.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

The song teaches that human beings are driven by sexual desire and it drives them to go out looking for someone to have sex with. And the song tells us that if anyone asks why we seek sexual partners just tell them that it's HUMAN NATURE.

It is human nature to thirst. Will you be driven by thirst to drink water from just any cistern? undecided
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It is human nature to thirst. Will you be driven by thirst to drink water from just any cistern? undecided

Perhaps you should write a song about that. Michael Jackson is dead, but maybe Prince will sing it.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

Perhaps you should write a song about that. Michael Jackson is dead, but maybe Prince will sing it.

Those who drank from just any cistern are now history. cry
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Those who drank from just any cistern are now history. cry

Good start!

Those who drank from just any cistern are now history
please bend your ears and listen to my story
Inna babylon system don't drink the poison
just any cistern, inna di system
not fit for my bredren and sistren.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
PastorAIO:

Good start!

Those who drank from just any cistern are now history
please bend your ears and listen to my story
Inna babylon system don't drink the poison
just any cistern, inna di system
not fit for my bredren and sistren.

That is to tell you that humans are supposed to be better than animals, no? cool
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

That is to tell you that humans are supposed to be better than animals, no? cool

That is a matter of your own interpretation. You're free to interpret any sense you want into it, I no hold you.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

What is human nature? What does the Bible say about human nature? Are we fallen creatures or do we still carry the image of God?

Suggested answer:

http://www.gotquestions.org/human-nature.html
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

http://www.gotquestions.org/human-nature.html

Question: "What is human nature? What does the Bible say about human nature?"

Answer: Human nature is that which makes us distinctly human. Our nature is distinct from that of the animals and the rest of creation in that we can think and feel. One of the chief distinctions between human beings and the rest of creation is our ability to reason. No other creature has this ability, and there’s no question that this is a unique gift bestowed by God. Our reason enables us to reflect on our own nature and the nature of God and to derive knowledge of God's will for His creation. No other part of God’s creation has a nature capable of reason.

The Bible teaches that God created human beings in His image. This means that He enables us to have some understanding of Him and of His vast and complex design. Our human nature reflects some of God’s attributes, although in a limited way. We love because we are made in the image of the God who is love (1 John 4:16). Because we are created in His image, we can be compassionate, faithful, truthful, kind, patient, and just. In us, these attributes are distorted by sin, which also resides in our nature.

Originally, human nature was perfect by virtue of having been created so by God. The Bible teaches that human beings were created "very good" by a loving God (Genesis 1:31), but that goodness was marred by the sin of Adam and Eve. Subsequently, the entire human race fell victim to the sin nature. The good news is that at the moment a person trusts in Christ, he receives a new nature. Second Corinthians 5:17 tells us, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Sanctification is the process by which God develops our new nature, enabling us to grow into more holiness through time. This is a continuous process with many victories and defeats as the new nature battles with the "tent" (2 Corinthians 5:4) in which it resides—the old man, the old nature, the flesh. Not until we are glorified in heaven will our new nature be set free to live for eternity in the presence of the God in whose image we are created.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 11:10am On Nov 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Question: "What is human nature? What does the Bible say about human nature?"

Answer: Human nature is that which makes us distinctly human. Our nature is distinct from that of the animals and the rest of creation in that we can think and feel. One of the chief distinctions between human beings and the rest of creation is our ability to reason. No other creature has this ability, and there’s no question that this is a unique gift bestowed by God. Our reason enables us to reflect on our own nature and the nature of God and to derive knowledge of God's will for His creation. No other part of God’s creation has a nature capable of reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfiP2gOo3Go

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/crow-intelligence-solve-puzzles_n_5062314.html
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
PastorAIO:

Who said it is only humans that worship creator? I don't know what you mean by inbuilt consciousness. please explain that one to me.

Every creature, human or otherwise, has a relationship with the creator and lives by it.

are you saying animals are also capable of worship?
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by peacesamuel94(m): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
One unique thing about the human nature, that I think makes us stand out from all other animals is this desire to understand the world, to improve and change it for the better

One question I've always asked myself is, why is it not the other way round? why are humans the only living things with this desire to understand how the world came about?

This I think we do, in Obedience to an instruction to dominate over the earth, right from the time of creation.
Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:

are you saying animals are also capable of worship?

Every creature (ie created thing). This includes Rocks and stones, birds and trees.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? by PastorAIO: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
peacesamuel94:
One unique thing about the human nature, that I think makes us stand out from all other animals is this desire to understand the world, to improve and change it for the better

One question I've always asked myself is, why is it not the other way round? why are humans the only living things with this desire to understand how the world came about?

This I think we do, in Obedience to an instruction to dominate over the earth, right from the time of creation.

How are you sure that it is only humans that do this? Have you carried out a survey of every other living creature on earth?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / What Is Considered Sexually Immoral?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.