Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Position A Couple For A Family Portrait - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Position A Couple For A Family Portrait (1205 Views)

Obituary Of A Couple In Enugu And Their 5 Children (Photo) / Headless Girl Who Appeared In A Couple's Family Pic Causes Panic On Instagram / See The Family Portrait Which Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by zomoears(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
Dear Nairalanders.

What is the correct position for a woman in a family portrait(picture)?

Is it to the left of the man or the right?

Does it really matter?

Kind regards to all who offer positive responses.
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by zomoears(m): 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
I think the modern couples pix I see around have such varying and creative postures. Makes me wonder if there ever was a rule on positioning...

I took a picture with my wife to my right. Now someone has something to say bout it, saying a woman should always be on a man's left side in pictures.
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by Caracta(f): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
The husband is the wife's right arm and so the wife should always be at his left i.e the husband should be at the wife's right.

Says my grandmother.

For simplicity, let the husband carry the wife.
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by zomoears(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Caracta:
The husband is the wife's right arm and so the wife should always be at his left i.e the husband should be at the wife's right.

Says my grandmother.

For simplicity, let the husband carry the wife.

Thanks.

Seems old fashioned to me though.

Another school of thought hs it that the man's right hand,which works to provide for the family,belongs to his family, hence wife should be on hubby's right arm side. Conversely, her heart, which is on her left side, belongs to hubby, hence hubby should be on her left.

This is beer parlor talk I just heard. Any substance to this?
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by Acidosis(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
Do people really care about this?
I'm lost

3 Likes

Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by Stillfire: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Acidosis:

I'm lost

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by zomoears(m): 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
Acidosis:

I'm lost

Seriously! I feel you.

I was oblivious to the meanings/significance until it cropped up today.

U won't believe that boys are arguing over this issue over some greens and suya...

Well, am home now. Some hardcore traditionalists still think I got it wrong by having my wife on my right side in the pix.

Like I care...
Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
Traditionally the wife should be by the husband's left. We were taught that in those marriage rehearsals.
The wife by the right while entering the church (that's if they enter together), she moves to the left after vows/solemnization _ symbolises she is now HOME, under his care and protection.

For this jet age, who cares anymore biko. Well, just looked at my portraits and realised I am always by the left... reflex mehn grin.

1 Like

Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
My mum lapped my dad in our family portrait when I was still a kid. When I grew a older and asked him why, he said he and mum had a heated arguement about who was supposed to sit where when taking the picture. Since they couldn't reach an agreement as to who was to sit at what side, mum agreed to lap dad since her laps is twice the size of dad's own. sad

3 Likes

Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by raumdeuter: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
FriedPlantain:
My mum lapped my dad in our family portrait when I was still a kid. When I grew a older and asked him why, he said he and mum had a heated arguement about who was supposed to sit where when taking the picture. Since they couldn't reach an agreement as to who was to sit at what side, mum agreed to lap dad since her laps is twice the size of dad's own. sad

Laps twice the size?

Your popsie dey flex oo

1 Like

Re: Position A Couple For A Family Portrait by zomoears(m): 10:44am On Nov 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

Laps twice the size?

Your popsie dey flex oo

The more the merrier tongue

(1) (Reply)

Why Would Inlaws Insist That Wife Resign For Their Son? / When Are Children Ready To Start School? / My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.