Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind (1199 Views)

Woman Snatches Man From Wife, Dumps Him After 7 Years / Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by countsparrow: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Parents, how do you nurture and hlp bring out the creativity in your ward... I have a niece that exhibits awesome creativity when it comes to clothing her dolls, leave her in a room filled with nylons papers and ropes, and she will cloth her doll in the most awesome of attires. All she needs is just to see a design on TV, or from the numerous cartoons she watches and wala!!! She recreates almost the same masterpiece for her barbie doll.

We have always noticed she had a creative mind, and how good she is when it comes to creating such outfits but today, while looking for the nylon i use in keeping my shoe from dust, i noticed my multicolored nylon has been transformed into a gown... I was mad at first but then, i saw the beauty in it and much effort she used in making it then i decided to do something about it. Help her share her talent with people and also to use this medium to encourage parents to support their wards when they see them exhibiting such creativity, who knows they might be the Versace or Giuseppe Zanotti of tomorrow

Below are the before and after pictures of her doll, and she also adorned the doll with accesories too
By the way she is just 7 YEARS OLD...

1 Like

Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by countsparrow: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2016

Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by Twaci(f): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
Wow! Now this is amazing!

I'd advice you tell her parents to put her in a fashion and designing school and not waste her time in other academic sections like Science or Commerce. This is real talent and should be nurtured lovingly.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by Dyt(f): 1:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
This is beautiful
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by unikdamzel(f): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
Wow! So lovely. She is really creative. This is something that needs to be encouraged.
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by mysticgal(f): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
She has a talent, please everyone around her should encourage her maybe by buying a sewing machine, handheld preferably. And it's not too early
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by countsparrow: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
Thank you all, will direct her mum to this thread... Ahe amazes me with her designs
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by saintneo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2016
Great creativity!

Please inform her parents to help her nuture this talent.

She should go to school and study arts with some elementary mathematics(very necessary for every entrepreneurial being).
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by jashar(f): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
Woooowwwwwww...........
Great work, abegggg.... don't disturb the girl with too much academics. She's creative, let her be guided and nurtured in that direction.
By the time she's a teenager, she would have surpassed Vera Wang, DKNY and the likes.
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by Onegai(f): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
So...

Don't get her a sewing machine right now.

Get her a sketchbook and colour pencils or feltpens. Ask her to draw her designs in it. Ask a very good tailor (one who knows how to see well) to please teach her how to cut fabrics (that is very important). Then get her a fashion illustration book (there's an set store called AB Artworld in Ojuelegba,well -stocked, though I haven't been there in ages). If shes still interested in it as she grows older, in her teens find a fashion designer (not your local ones o, people who are professionals. They are found in Lagos) and let her intern with one. They will teach her how to cut different types of fabrics, garment construction, actualizing your concepts and so much more.

If she's interested, this is the best way to ensure she doesn't end up as just "a tailor". If she's not, all you've spent money on is her sketchbook, feltpens and the fashion illustration book. Still cheaper than buying a sewing machine.

1 Like

Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by Onegai(f): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
So...

Get her a sketchbook and colour pencils or feltpens. Ask her to draw her designs in it. Ask a very good tailor (one who knows how to see well) to please teach her how to cut fabrics (that is very important). Then get her a fashion illustration book (there's an set store called AB Artworld in Ojuelegba,well -stocked, though I haven't been there in ages). If shes still interested in it as she grows older, in her teens find a fashion designer (not your local ones o, people who are professionals. They are found in Lagos) and let her intern with one. They will teach her how to cut different types of fabrics, garment construction, actualizing your concepts and so much more. Depending on how good she is, se can study Textile Design at Yabatech and get herself a scholarship to study abroad (preferably in Europe or Asia)

If she's interested, this is the best way to ensure she doesn't end up as just "a tailor". If she's not, all you've spent money on is her sketchbook, feltpens and the fashion illustration book. Still cheaper than buying a sewing machine.

Fashion illustration, Textile designer, fashion designer, stylist, curator...those are a few of her career options. Just don't force it, okay wink
Re: My 7 Years Old Neices Creative Mind by onlyyouandty: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2016
Join [url]Stutern[/url] to know about internship opportunities in Nigeria.
Onegai:
So...

Get her a sketchbook and colour pencils or feltpens. Ask her to draw her designs in it. Ask a very good tailor (one who knows how to see well) to please teach her how to cut fabrics (that is very important). Then get her a fashion illustration book (there's an set store called AB Artworld in Ojuelegba,well -stocked, though I haven't been there in ages). If shes still interested in it as she grows older, in her teens find a fashion designer (not your local ones o, people who are professionals. They are found in Lagos) and let her intern with one. They will teach her how to cut different types of fabrics, garment construction, actualizing your concepts and so much more.

(1) (Reply)

'after 19 Years Of Marriage, God Gave Them Triplets'(photos) / Adults Only .. / An Apology To A Nairalandler Nysot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.