Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. (3529 Views)

10 Specific Actions Buhari Administration Took In Response To Issues & Questions / In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Kagarko(m): 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
An American Gave Dr Carson The Answers He Never Expected From Anybody.
Anyway Brother Rashid Thanks A lot.

In his recent anti-Muslim crusade, Ben Carson promoted a disturbing form of religious segregation, claiming that a Muslim should only be president if he or she “renounces the tenets of Islam.” Sadly, just as racial segregationists long garnered votes by promoting fear of black Americans, religious segregationists such as Carson today garner votes by promoting fear of Muslim Americans. In fact, Carson’s anti-Muslim intolerance has advanced his polling numbers and dramatically increased his campaign fundraising. YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE In the process, Dr. Carson has helped promote and sustain frighteningly high levels of anti- Muslim sentiment. A recent PPP survey in North Carolina reported that 72 percent believe a Muslim should not be allowed to be president of the United States. Likewise, 40 percent seek to ban Islam altogether. Under Dr. Carson’s crusade of religious segregation, some Americans appear to have forgotten the First Amendment’s fundamental religious freedom guarantee, and likewise Article VI of the Constitution, which forbids religious tests for any government office. Like his racial segregationist predecessors, Dr. Carson demonstrates that the Constitution is suddenly meaningless when influential politicians use fear and hate to advance their agenda. Undeterred from his myopic comments on CNN and the resulting blowback last week, Carson advanced his religious segregationist views in a recent email to his constituents, claiming that “Under Shariah law, women must be subservient and people following other religions must be killed.” Dr. Carson defends these claims by arguing that he “hate[s] political correctness. It’s dangerous.” More dangerous, however, are his patently false claims about women in Islam, and Islam’s view of non-Muslims. If Dr. Carson is correct—and unfortunately his rising poll figures indicate that enough Americans believe he is correct—then America’s 3 million Muslims are obliged to make America’s 170 million women subservient and likewise kill the nation’s 330 million non-Muslims. Both concepts are beyond absurd and wholly unfounded in Islam. For example, far from Dr. Carson’s claim that in Islam women are subservient, Islam gave women equal rights in 610 that our own United States haven’t given even in 2015. To this day America has not passed the Equal Rights Amendment. Meanwhile the Quran 33:36 emphatically declares the equality of men and women: “Surely, men who submit themselves to God and women who submit themselves to Him… God has prepared for all of them forgiveness and a great reward.” ADVERTISEMENT Carson’s parents divorced when he was 8—a right American women didn’t have until the 19th century. Meanwhile, Islam was the first religion to give women the right to choose to marry or to divorce, the right to own property, to become secular or religious scholars, the right to inherit, or to run a business—all in the 7th century. Ayesha, wife of Muhammad, is recognized as one of the foremost legal scholars in Islamic history. Meanwhile, American women finally earn legal recognition as lawyers in the late 1800s. While women of color in 2015 America continue to lag behind white women in terms of college graduation rates and access to financial resources, Fatimah al-Fihri, an African Muslim woman scholar, used her inheritance from her father to establish the world’s first University, al- Qarawiyyin University in 859 C.E. Prophet Muhammad repeatedly declared, “It is incumbent upon every Muslim male and every Muslim female to attain education.” Dr. Carson’s second claim, that Shariah requires killing people of other faiths, is highly objectionable to both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad. In truth, the Qur’an only permits fighting in self-defense , or to protect “churches, synagogues, temples, and mosques” from attack. Prophet Muhammad issued numerous charters with Christians, Jews, and pagans to affirm his commitment to universal religious freedom and equal human rights for all people regardless of faith. Throughout history non-Muslim historians have praised Muhammad for his pluralism and tolerance. ADVERTISEMENT While extremists have no doubt attempted to malign true Islam, Dr. Carson should recognize that a president’s role is to build bridges of peace and understanding—not fear and intolerance. Just as the George Wallaces of Dr. Carson’s childhood are remembered with disdain for their racial segregationist views, Dr. Carson risks a future where our children remember him in disdain for his religious segregationist views. America was founded on the ideal of religious pluralism, not religious segregation. It doesn’t take a neurosurgeon to realize this fact. Actually, I take that back. Qasim Rashid, Esq. is the national spokesperson for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA and Visiting Fellow at Harvard University’s Prince al- Waleed bin Talal School of Islamic Studies.

3 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Mogidi: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
A recent PPP survey in North Carolina reported that 72 percent believe a Muslim should not be allowed to be president of the United States.

I share same sentiments.
You call America the "Great Satan" yet line up at its numerous embassies hoping to emigrate to the very country y'all love to hate.
You can't eat ya cake and have it, comprehend?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by yanabasee(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mogidi:

I share same sentiments.
You call America the "Great Satan" yet line up at its numerous embassies hoping to emigrate to the very country y'all love to hate.

Exactly....

They say America's the root of all evils... But islamic religion have done more evil than harm to humans...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mogidi:

I share same sentiments.
I know people like you will always share the same sentiment with" Ben Carson" in as much as is anti Islam. Bunch of religion bigots Mtchewww.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Mogidi: 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
sameer1212:
I know people like you will always share the same sentiment with" Ben Carson" in as much as is anti Islam. Bunch of religion bigots Mtchewww.

I might be a religious bigot but I don't go out blowing fellow humans to smithereens in the name of God.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mogidi:

I might be a religious bigot but I don't go out blowing fellow humans to smithereens in the name of God.
Keep your dirty smelling mouth far away from please cos you stink Ain't Waste my time with Id*iot and frustrated fellow like you cos you have nothing good to offer any sane society Religion is a choice and not you,carson and others can't stop us from practising our religion. I bet you if you truly know how people felt about his careless comment here in"SEATTLE"Washington, you will understand what he has done to himself and his familyevery one knows"Carson"was a sa*dist since at his young age. Dude go get good life and stop being a religion bigot.

5 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by peeparty(m): 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
sameer1212:
Keep your dirty smelling mouth far away from please cos you stink Ain't Waste my time with Id*iot and frustrated fellow like you cos you have nothing good to offer any sane society Religion is a choice and not you,carson and others can't stop us from practising our religion. I bet you if you truly know how people felt about his careless comment here in"SEATTLE"Washington, you will understand what he has done to himself and his familyevery one knows"Carson"was a sa*dist since at his young age. Dude go get good life and stop being a religion bigot.

Chai guy so you dey follow spit like Dis? eheh no chill at all.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by nigerianvenom(m): 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
sameer1212:

Can a Christian preside over the affairs of saudi arabia, iraq, iran, Afghanistan, Indonesia, etc?
Just a simple answer

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
peeparty:

Chai guy so you dey follow spit like Dis? eheh no chill at all.
Lol.. No mind me jare! Seriously religion should be a personal choice and if any one chooses what he or she wants,ain't see anything bad with it. Its 2:50pm here dude, wana go and have my lunch. Cheers!!!
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Can a Christian preside over the affairs of saudi arabia, iraq, iran, Afghanistan, Indonesia, etc?
Just a simple answer
And is there a muslim candidate on the list of contestants

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by nigerianvenom(m): 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
Carson is right and he is just bin sincere for all i care.
A muslim believes in sharia law, America doesn't.
Islam believes in polygamy, america doesn't.
Most arab nations do not support america's war against d salvation of iraq and co.
So which true muslims will want to rule America and go against d rule of islam.
Lets be sincere for once

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by nigerianvenom(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
sameer1212:
And is there a muslim candidate on the list of contestants

Is that an answer?

7 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by peeparty(m): 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
sameer1212:
Lol.. No mind me jare! Seriously religion should be a personal choice and if any one chooses what he or she wants,ain't see anything bad with it. Its 2:50pm here dude, wana go and have my lunch. Cheers!!!

Aii
it 12@m here getting ready for the under17 game.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by LBanks(m): 12:11am On Nov 06, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Carson is right and he is just bin sincere for all i care.
A muslim believes in sharia law, America doesn't.
Islam believes in polygamy, america doesn't.
Most arab nations do not support america's war against d salvation of iraq and co.
So which true muslims will want to rule America and go against d rule of islam.
Lets be sincere for once
A muslim wouldn't even be voted into the white house in America, even without Ben Carson stating it, but don't call that thing America did in Iraq salvation please. What's the after effect of that supposed salvation, even Saudi Arabia a muslim country supported that supposed salvation in Iraq and co that has devastated those countries so don't you come here calling that thing salvation it was merely political and some christians even against it.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by RichieF27: 3:24am On Nov 06, 2015
yeah I agree with you it should be a personal choice.. but do your fellow muslims who kill people of other religion that is not islam know this ?how I wish islam is really a religion of peace or religion is really by choice when it comes to muslims and other religion
sameer1212:

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by RichieF27: 3:27am On Nov 06, 2015
there is one muslim presiding over USA already
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Phame: 3:45am On Nov 06, 2015
Mogidi:

I share same sentiments.
mumugidi, you are the oldest mumu on this forum. You couldn't read all but picked a portion of the piece. The guy is an american muslim, where do you want him to go?
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Phame: 3:47am On Nov 06, 2015
RichieF27:
mubarak hussain obama? He's a half-baked muslim if he is.

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 06, 2015
RichieF27:
having a Muslim name does not make him a Moslem.
you should know that if you are a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by mulattoclaro(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2015
Seriously speaking I'm not a religious bigot but in my own opinion, Islam is a cancer that has to be badly removed from the world if we ever want to experience peace. A religion that encourages killing, raping, maiming and all sorts of atrocities is very bad religion. It was that pedophile prophet mohammed that started all these madness and he transfered it to his followers. No wonder an average muslim is a potential terrorist. Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims. I'm always happy whenever I hear of Boko Haram activities in the Northeast. Let them continue killing themselves as long as they don't bring their madness down here. If they try it we will ensure we behead every muslim and burn down every mosque.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by mazeltov(m): 7:48am On Nov 06, 2015
America is heading for destruction wit speeeeed. Right now I have not seen any candidate that is as serious as obama was. These overgrown kids like Donald Trump and Carson are just bunch of jokers - they have no plans for america, since the begining of their campaign, they have not stated their points, aims and ambitions for the people of america to know, I have not heard about their Economic plans and military plans for United state - all they know is to either insult the Black race or Insult islam. God knows, Americans are going to miss Obama.

3 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 7:56am On Nov 06, 2015
Kagarko:
A recent PPP survey in North Carolina reported that 72 percent believe a Muslim should not be allowed to be president of the United States. Likewise, 40 percent seek to ban Islam altogether.
The hypocrisy of these people know know bounds. This is the same axis where one of their own walked into a church and killed innocent worshipers. They did not do a survey if whites christians should be allowed to be president of USA.

The Charleston church shooting (also known as the Charleston church massacre) was a mass shooting that took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, United States on the evening of June 17, 2015. During a prayer service, nine people were killed by [size=18pt]a gunman[/size], including the senior pastor, state senator Clementa C. Pinckney; a tenth victim survived. The morning after the attack, police arrested a suspect, later identified as 21-year-old Dylann Roof, in Shelby, North Carolina. Roof later confessed that he committed the shooting in hopes of igniting a race war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charleston_church_shooting
Just imagine! They called him a gunman - not a terrorist!

And did I mention Roof was a christian?
EXCLUSIVE: Dylann Roof was a devout Christian who was baptized in the Lutheran faith, went to church camp and worshiped regularly, reveals pastor as family attend church services and pray for massacre victims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3134689/Dylann-Roof-devout-Christian-baptized-Lutheran-faith-went-church-camp-regularly-attended-Mass-reveals-pastor-family-attend-church-services-pray-massacre-victims

Finally: Wether some people like it or not, America will choose whoever will best serve their interest irrespective of the faith that person practices - be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Krishna, Eck, Rosicrucian, atheist, bla, bla, bla.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by ndcide(m): 8:07am On Nov 06, 2015
The writeup is a lame attempt to twist facts known world over..

No reasonable person should do that. Dr Carson is right.

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by UncleJudax(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2015
Phame:
mubarak hussain obama? He's a half-baked muslim if he is.
Lol. I dont think being a muslim is by name...more like by what one believes in.

Heck I have Kazeems and Rashids that believe in Jesus Christ. How about that?
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2015
UncleJudax:

Lol. I dont think being a muslim is by name...more like by what one believes in.
Heck I have Kazeems and Rashids that believe in Jesus Christ. How about that?
It is perfectly normal for Kazeems and Rashids to believe in Jesus. Stop displaying your ignorance. Why don't you just ask if you don't know something. A true muslim believes in Jesus, Moses, David, Solomon etc.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Blackfire(m): 9:14am On Nov 06, 2015
gists:

It is perfectly normal for Kazeems and Rashids to believe in Jesus. Stop displaying your ignorance. Why don't you just ask if you don't know something. A true muslim believes in Jesus, Moses, David, Solomon etc.

yeah right.
Even olumba olumba, sat guru maharaji, satanic worshippers, wiccas believes in jesus.. With there own version, just like quran(to recite something)/muhamed called jesus, isa , i wonder what esau will be, yasou?

Pls continue...
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by UncleJudax(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2015
gists:

You are super stupeed. You couldn't even comprehend my post. Hediota!
Say after me...Name alone doesn't make one a muslim. Get it?

Now go ahead sit out your lowly life...full!
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Blackfire(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2015
The peaceful meccans payed dearly for under rating muhamed ibn abduallah and his evil intentions.

I look around this world and the terror islam brought, u allow them when they are small, when they grow in number(by immigration, or birth) they will pay you back in tears, sorrows and blood.

Ben carson and americans protect your beloved country from this wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Omololu007(m): 9:42am On Nov 06, 2015
What can I say
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by tolexy007(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2015
cheesy
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by chiefmidwife: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2015
Islam is a political cult not a religion
Ben Carson will win and flush all Muslims out of. America
He Will come to the aid of Biafra andsave us from the hand of Othman Dan Fodio and his Yoruba allies
It is dangerous to live with Muslims
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2015
Blackfire:

yeah right.
Even olumba olumba, sat guru maharaji, satanic worshippers, wiccas believes in jesus.. With there own version, just like quran(to recite something)/muhamed called jesus, isa , i wonder what esau will be, yasou?

Pls continue...
Well, I don't know about olumba olumba and sat gurus. I only know about muslims.
The guys said he knows some muslims that believe in Jesus as if that is out of the ordinary. The point of my post is that any muslim that denies or does not believe in Jesus cannot call himself a muslim. Let him go on hajj a million times - he is still not a muslim.
on your 2nd point about names. What is special in the way people from different parts of the world pronounce same name? Yorubas call Peter - peteru. They call John - joonu. The french call Michael - Michelle. Abraham is called Abrahimovic in some parts of Europe. And Im sure the Germans and others have their own distinct pronunciations and spellings too for these and many other names. but all these doesn't mean anything to you except if it is Arabs that have a different pronunciation. Why didn't you ask the French why they call Michael Michelle? And why the Ibos call oil oyel?

UncleJudax:

You are super stupeed. You couldn't even comprehend my post. Hediota!
Say after me...Name alone doesn't make one a muslim. Get it?
Now go ahead sit out your lowly life...full!
That is not the point of your post - or at least you chose the wrong example to buttress your point.
That you know kazims and rahids who believe in jesus is perfectly normal. It will be a different case if you had said you know kazims and rashids that drinks, smokes and womanize. Only then can you say being a muslim is not by name.
I hope I have educated you abit.
Thanks for your understanding grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Ibe Kachikwu Fired As NNPC GMD / Strength Conditioning : Civilians Vs Nigerian Army Vs FRSC Vs Navy / BIAFRA Or NIGERIA Means Poverty Without South South Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.