Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status (980 Views)

Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / Fayose Hails Buhari Over Negotiation With Niger Delta Militants / Video: Cameroonian TV Hails Buhari Impeccable Timing Of Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by rapino99(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2015
The Governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari
for disclosing the economic status of the country.
Dickson urged Bayelsa people to brace up to the harsh financial
situation facing the state.
He spoke at a meeting with the new Special Advisers at the
Government House, Yenagoa, a statement by his Chief Press
Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, said on Thursday.
The governor said the way out of the present economic doldrums was diversification from oil and gas sector of the economy.
Dickson said, “Already, you are all aware of the statement by the
President that our country is in a very dire financial situation.That comment has attracted a lot of
criticisms, but I agree with the President that Nigerians are
entitled to know the true state of the economy.
“Investors who want to do business in Nigeria are entitled
to know the true state of our economy. Let me use this opportunity to call on all Bayelsans to listen to what the President has said that the entire country is broke.
“He has made us to understand that the financial situation that we are managing is a national
phenomenon. It is not peculiar to Bayelsa.
“For the allocation of last month, the Federation Account Allocation Committee could not meet until
the past month because they didn’t have money to share to the states and even when they met for the first time since I took
over as governor, states have started getting zero allocation.
“I don’t know why people are blaming the President for saying that our country is broke,
because that is the truth about the economy. States can’t pay salaries; we can’t meet our basic
responsibilities. I can’t pay allowances to myself and my staff.
“However, even in the midst of that, we are managing to pay
salaries. Even in this terrible month, we’ve directed that by
Monday salaries of workers should be paid.”
He charged his appointees to bring their wealth of experience to bear in the present
administration’s efforts to consolidate on its achievements.
According to him, the new aides were coming into government at a crucial moment of election and, therefore, urged them to join forces with other critical
stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic Party to mobilise
support for the party in the forthcoming election.
Source : punchng.com/2015/11/4330
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by modath(f): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2015
What?

Thought PDP claimed PMB was "demarketting" Nigeria & the economy is booming

rapino99:

“I don’t know why people are blaming the President for saying that our country is broke,because that is the truth about the economy.

Your people are deeply hurt & upset so their argument doesn't have to be logical, it just has to be "against" whatever the govt propounds...

Gov Dickson's party members will chop him raw. . cheesy

TonyeBarcanista & co, Did he not get a copy of the script? grin

1 Like

Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by Dannyset(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Dickson(PDP) killing PDP. Finally they are going six feet down. Congratulations to KOWA.
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by Vikkie14: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2015
Thank you, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CHANGE BACK.
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by Ciscogod(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2015
Politics without bitterness
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by PRYCE(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2015
modath:

What?

Your people are deeply hurt & upset so their argument doesn't have to be logical, it just has to be "against" whatever the govt propounds...

Last I checked, Dickson was saying that in his own backyard not while On a tour to "Un woo" investors with Vile comments!
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by tos4u(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2015
Let buhari fix the economy first b4 dis lip service commendation
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by Agimor(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2015
The question should be is Nigeria broke or not.
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2015
modath:

What?

Na wetin I do?
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by wachakuta(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Only PDP devil's will see and hear d truth and still go against it
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by dearsly(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2015
Leave matter for Mattias!

JUST PAY ME MY 5K oga Buhari
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by lorbah001(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2015
PRYCE:
Last I checked, Dickson was saying that in his own backyard not while On a tour to "Un woo" investors with Vile comments!

Hypocrisy
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2015
Hope Metuh will not attack Dickson?
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by rapino99(m): 3:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
@TonyeBarcanista i hear say dey don ban U..Is dis ur ghost?
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by dustmalik: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy, this thread deserves front-page
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by malton: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by omenka(m): 4:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
Investors who want to do business in Nigeria are entitled
to know the true state of our economy.
O-lie-sa Metuh can shove that useless "demarketing Nigeria" statement of his and shove it up his rectal orifice! angry

Imagine the goombah criticising the president for "telling the truth".

Between that man and FFK, I don't know who's dumber.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status by omenka(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lalasticlala, I dey hail oo. angry

(1) (Reply)

Is Buhari Breaking The Law? / The Increasing Biafra International Recognition. / The Problem Of Nigeria Is The People, Not The leaders.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.