Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode (20351 Views)

The “Lagos Light Rail” Project: 27 Things You Should Know About This Project / Lagos Light Rail Has Finally Landed !!! / Eko Boulevard Completed By Eko Atlantic City, Nigeria's 1st Eight Lane City Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by ohenhen1: 4:55am On Nov 07, 2015
I am starting to suspect corruption here. This project should have been completed in 2011. They are always pushing it back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by likila: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2015
ha ha ha ha
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by stelly2015(f): 5:16am On Nov 07, 2015
Wow :DWow
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by faceboookmoney: 5:33am On Nov 07, 2015
Do you need sugar-daddy link up? Here are the details 0803642***9-PH, Abuja
Follow this link to get my full details http:///qkiHkm

My fellow Nairalander, do you have over 1,000 friends on facebook? Do you know you can make ur cool cash with this opportunity you are having, as you can see that there is no job opportunities here in Nigeria, why can't you foll0w this l¡nk to knw more ab0ut ¡t Cl¡Ck her€
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by chronique(m): 5:35am On Nov 07, 2015
"Soil texture in Lagos is different from other states. A single km of rail line costs $40m in Lagos,and $20m in other states". This sounds interesting. I think Lagos and port-harcourt have the same type of soil. Ogun,Oyo and Osun will soon have this type of soil. Edo people should pls beg Oshiomole not to construct railways o. Before they'd tell us we now have Lagos soil.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 07, 2015
Can somebody post images of the project, please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by 989900: 5:40am On Nov 07, 2015
Meanwhile, the state Commissioner for Transport, Dr. Dayo Mobereola, has said that the amount required to construct one kilometre of railway line in Nigeria was double that of other countries.

For instance, he said Lagos has a different soil texture from other regions, adding that the cost of constructing one kilometre of railway line in the state was $40m, and $20m in other places.

Lies from the pits of hell!!!

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by SmartMugu: 5:52am On Nov 07, 2015
kennyman2000:
okay.. Wish you the best Governor Ambode!

Check my signature for ur customised wristbands.

You think say wristband go help Ambode with the issues in Lagos now?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by lekan29ice(m): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2015
More grease to ur elbow as u continue to do good work in Lagos
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by lekan29ice(m): 5:56am On Nov 07, 2015
More grease to ur elbow as u continue to do good work in Lagos
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by anonimi: 6:26am On Nov 07, 2015
chaz007:
Thanks to the best Lagos state governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola(SAN). He gave life to the project.

You mean he KILLED the project by stealing the money
He should be in KIRIKIRI not in Aso Rock as Buhari's minister.

AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by kobonaire(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2015
I will actually believe his prediction of say when the world will come to an end than this light rail project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by teamchocolate: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2015
Aren't you tired of posting these lies... it's boring pls, we av seen it, stop filling the thread with irrelevancies...
Thank you as u adhere...

anonimi:

You mean he KILLED the project by stealing the money
He should be in KIRIKIRI not in Aso Rock as Buhari's minister.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by anonimi: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
See bad bele of the wailing wailers ahead of me. Their pray has always been for APC and its elected officials to fail. The adverse effect this failure poses on them means nothing to them; their aim is to be able to say, "didn't I tell you not to vote for APC?" Ike ga gu unu, ndi ne bakwa.

Why pray for something that:

- already happened.
- is happenjng.
- continues to happen

when you are not foolish

Why would YOU do that?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by anonimi: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2015
teamchocolate:
Aren't you tired of posting these lies... it's boring pls, we av seen it, stop filling the thread with irrelevancies...
Thank you as u adhere...

Please point out just ONE part that is a lie if you yourself nor be original LIAR!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by aftatechbiz(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2015
I hope this is not going to end like Amaechi mono rail project.

www.aftasms.com
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by akeemakinremi(m): 7:32am On Nov 07, 2015
2016 is around d corner...

Tested n trusted clearing agent contact 08034188409. God bless 9ja
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by kennyman2000(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2015
SmartMugu:

You think say wristband go help Ambode with the issues in Lagos now?

Lol.. May God bless our hustle bro!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by miqos02(m): 7:54am On Nov 07, 2015
cool
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by teamchocolate: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2015
*ignored*

anonimi:

Please point out just ONE part that is a lie if you yourself nor be original LIAR!
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by Horlufemi(m): 8:13am On Nov 07, 2015
charix:
Another empty promise.

Rome was not built in a day. At least its not stagnant.

I was going to abule ado after a few month, what I saw around festac was promising. They are trying.

I'm only sad Fashola didn't finish it in his time it could have been a giant feather in his cap.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by allcomage: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2015
ednut1:
Fashola the scammer God dey. Saw Ethiopia's new completed rail way project shame catch me for Nigeria grin
YOU TOOK WORD OUT OF MY MOUTH.IT'S A BIG SCAM.SOME BODY BROUGHT LOCOMOTIVES MEANT FOR MUSEUM FOR TRANSPORTATION IN 2015.WHEN I SAW THE CRAWLING ANTIQUE I SHOOK MY HEAD.I WOULD PREFER WALKING TO ENTERING IT.ETHIOPIAN LIGHT RAIL IS LIKE AIRBUS CRAFT.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by ladej(m): 8:17am On Nov 07, 2015
Boko haram extinction will be completed by December 2016 !
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by ibedun: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2015
allcomage:

YOU TOOK WORD OUT OF MY MOUTH.IT'S A BIG SCAM.SOME BODY BROUGHT LOCOMOTIVES MEANT FOR MUSEUM FOR TRANSPORTATION IN 2015.WHEN I SAW THE CRAWLING ANTIQUE I SHOOK MY HEAD.I WOULD PREFER WALKING TO ENTERING IT.ETHIOPIAN LIGHT RAIL IS LIKE AIRBUS CRAFT.

Wetin concern you for Lagos matter? Na your home state? Bloody migrant!
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by rusher14: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2015
londongal03:
Another white elephant project Thief-nubu boy wants to use to empty Lagos treasury. Like father like son.Apc and Tinubu are thieves!

I trust you will never get to ride on this 'white elephant '
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by codeworks(m): 8:48am On Nov 07, 2015
It costs more to construct railway in Nigeria. I guess it costs more because of corruption. They are all corrupt both govt n govt workers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by Fundango: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2015
PussyFucker2:
You will see Yellow bar women selling Amala, Ewedu, Agbo on the new train.

That tribe can turn the White House into Ajegunle.
so funny.grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2015
Good if true
Jumia free shipping to all states. Ends on Sunday night contact me now to place your order!
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by dami2kriss: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2015
i love the project but some of us dat ar passing dis route every day nah hell we dey face. pls my gov tell ccecc to give a better and wider lane at leaste from oluti to abule_ado
Re: Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode by wheredemdey: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2015
teamchocolate:
Thank you as u adhere...

anonimi:

teamchocolate:
*ignored*

Oh damn it...you didn't just type that...

I was among those that liked your post thinking you can at least prove the guy wrong and shut him up once and for all...and all you can utter is this.....wow...you are despicable and monumentally gullible...more gullible than I can imagine.

You hv no facts yet you call someone with massive verifiable facts a liar....damn u fuhker..damn you a million times....you are part of the problems of Nigeria....covering the truth with so much impunity....fuckh you a billion times...may you never get to ride on that train.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Cleanest Cities In Nigeria_Opinion / Abeokuta Railway: FG Relocates Abeokuta Train Station Again / Nigerians, Lets Go On A Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.