Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. (1598 Views)

"No Water, No Food" - Soldiers Beg Buhari To Help Them (Video) / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State / Stop Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Every Attack, Sultan Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good day the blessed youths of Nigeria.
My name is Samson, known online as Zuby77. I am from Enugu State, that makes me a full citizen of Nigeria. Despite the agitation of some of my brothers from the South East, i still believe that we can salvage this country without violence.
We can only achieve that by coming together and forming a formidable group that will be heard from across the world. This group will be open to any youth that has the interest of Nigeria at heart. I have read Omojuwa, Adesamni and others fighting individual wars criticizing the government of the day for doing this or not doing that. I respect them for that. However, the truth remains that the people they are critising does not know the mechanisms of modern day leadership. It is left for us to update them on what obtains today. There are things you might think your father knows, but the truth is that he doesn't know it.

A typical example was the day i visited the State CID Awka to bail a relative who was invited by the Police but detained. It started when i configured a newly acquired Android phone purchased by the station Captain. He was amazed at how easy i operated the phone that he couldn't help but asked where i learnt how to do that. I told him i learnt it in Germany and i seized that opportunity to lecture him on how Police operates in developed Countries. He listened to me for over an hour while i lectured this gentleman on what he doesn't know about Police work. At the end of the day, he was so impressed that he didn't ask for bail out money from me. He gave me his phone number and asked that i can always come to his office for chats. After that day, it dawned on me that there are basic things we know more than our old politicians, Police officers, teachers, Army officers and even Pastors. This people sent us to schools so that we could be their eyes when they start getting old. Unfortunately, our politicians and their system are old already but they still hold on to it because we are not teaching them enough. We are not being the light they wanted us to be. I see it as being ignorant if we think that they can just hand over the system to us without knowing the direction we will follow.

Let us not bring in APC or PDP propaganda into this, we can all agree that they are the same, they just changed party names. Let us not bring in Geo Zones into this. Let us see the politicians as what they are; the same. We must not allow our country to die because someone from another tribe is the president or Vice President.

It is on this ground that i appeal to our Youths here on nairaland to come together and start a peaceful group that will contribute ideas that can convince our old politicians that we are capable of moving this nation forward. If we sit down and complain or criticize them from now until the next 20 years, things will only remain the same. This is not a movement or political party. If we will adopt one political party eventually, we all have to agree to it first. We will map out how we will start, write our manifesto and everything that will help this country move forward. We will have plans to implement every policy we think can move Nigeria forward. I personally believe that if this country gets it right, the cry for secession will die naturally.
You can indicate your interest by posting a reply on this thread. When we eventually have a group outside this forum, we will add you.
We will need people to create and handle Twitter and Facebook accounts for us. We will assign that heaven responsibility to someone when we have stability.

Thank You.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by yomi007k(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nice one.

I do this already. But some ppl r not willing to learn new stuffs- NOt Educable or Trainable.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Oga Zubby,
Your words are gøød but they are not going towards the direction they should.

We owe no politician any help but criticism... If you can't stand the smoke, the kitchen's door is open.

I thought you'd be talking of taking our rightful place as today's leaders.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
blizard44:
Oga Zubby,
Your words are gøød but they are not going towards the direction they should.

We owe no politician any help but criticism... If you can't stand the smoke, the kitchen's door is open.

I thought you'd be talking of taking our rightful place as today's leaders.

Like I mentioned above, criticism won't change anything.
No amount of criticism will make your father hand over his company to you unless he is convinced that you can manage it. We have been condemning and critising the same people for way too long, what has changed? Except party names.
And no one stops us from critising them, but this time, we have to be showing them that we can actually change things rather than just critising them.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by warrior01: 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thank God we still have sensible people around.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ichommy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Awesome write-up Boss. *clapping*

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
ZUBY77:

Like I mentioned above, criticism won't change anything.
No amount of criticism will make your father hand over his company to you unless he is convinced that you can manage it. We have been condemning and critising the same people for way too long, what has changed? Except party names.
And no one stops us from critising them, but this time, we have to be showing them that we can actually change things rather than just critising them.
If that is it, why not rather suggest floating a Youth Party with the sole objective of righting the Elders' wrong since we're well aware that their modus operandi leads no where but shambles?

¤
If we continue to advice ehn, take it from me that that advicing will permanently turn the role of the supposed leaders of today and tomorrow as evident in the present dispensation ad infinitum.

Their lack of vision is an indication that their time is up. We should not take steps to perpetuate them more and have them clinging to power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by themilanway(m): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
I'm in support of this.Emmy I see you.

If you like adjust your akube glass cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
blizard44:

If that is it, why not rather suggest floating a Youth Party with the sole objective of righting the Elders' wrong since we're well aware that their modus operandi leads no where but shambles?

¤
If we continue to advice ehn, take it from me that that advicing will permanently turn the role of the supposed leaders of today and tomorrow as evident in the present dispensation ad infinitum.

Their lack of vision is an indication that their time is up. We should not take steps to perpetuate them more and have them clinging to power.

Your ideas are welcomed.
However it is not left for me to decide what we do or not.
I believe the first step is to get a team together and take things from there. If we are to float a party or another one, it will be decided by the team.
The worst thing is to sit down and do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista, I would so much want you to come on board.
Your expertise in critism and political analysis will be required.
We also call on pro APC youths to see reasons why we have to take a different dimension.
One thing we all know is that the country is not heading to the direction we want it to go

2 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
ZUBY77:
TonyeBarcanista, I would so much want you to come on board.
Your expertise in critism and political analysis will be required.
We also call on pro APC youths to see reasons why we have to take a different dimension.
One thing we all know is that the country is not heading to the direction we want it to go
I hope that this won't be another online group? Well, I'm always available for this but it won't stop me(us) from criticizing the ruling party and institutions constructively(very important) when necessary.

Thanks boss
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by theDEVILisHERE: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
ZUBY77:
My name is Samson, known online as Zuby77. I am from Enugu State, that makes me a full citizen of Nigeria. Despite the agitation of some of my brothers from the South East, i still believe that we can salvage this country without violence.
We can only achieve that by coming together and forming a formidable group that will be heard from across the world. This group will be open to any youth that has the interest of Nigeria at heart. I have read Omojuwa, Adesamni and others fighting individual wars criticizing the government of the day for doing this or not doing that. I respect them for that. However, the truth remains that the people they are critising does not know the mechanisms of modern day leadership. It is left for us to update them on what obtains today. There are things you might think your father knows, but the truth is that he doesn't know it.

A typical example was the day i visited the State CID Awka to bail a relative who was invited by the Police but detained. It started when i configured a newly acquired Android phone purchased by the station Captain. He was amazed at how easy i operated the phone that he couldn't help but asked where i learnt how to do that. I told him i learnt it in Germany and i seized that opportunity to lecture him on how Police operates in developed Countries. He listened to me for over an hour while i lectured this gentleman on what he doesn't know about Police work. At the end of the day, he was so impressed that he didn't ask for bail out money from me. He gave me his phone number and asked that i can always come to his office for chats. After that day, it dawned on me that there are basic things we know more than our old politicians, Police officers, teachers, Army officers and even Pastors. This people sent us to schools so that we could be their eyes when they start getting old. Unfortunately, our politicians and their system are old already but they still hold on to it because we are not teaching them enough. We are not being the light they wanted us to be. I see it as being ignorant if we think that they can just hand over the system to us without knowing the direction we will follow.

Let us not bring in APC or PDP propaganda into this, we can all agree that they are the same, they just changed party names. Let us not bring in Geo Zones into this. Let us see the politicians as what they are; the same. We must not allow our country to die because someone from another tribe is the president or Vice President.

It is on this ground that i appeal to our Youths here on nairaland to come together and start a peaceful group that will contribute ideas that can convince our old politicians that we are capable of moving this nation forward. If we sit down and complain or criticize them from now until the next 20 years, things will only remain the same. This is not a movement or political party. If we will adopt one political party eventually, we all have to agree to it first. We will map out how we will start, write our manifesto and everything that will help this country move forward. We will have plans to implement every policy we think can move Nigeria forward. I personally believe that if this country gets it right, the cry for secession will die naturally.
You can indicate your interest by posting a reply on this thread. When we eventually have a group outside this forum, we will add you.
We will need people to create and handle Twitter and Facebook accounts for us. We will assign that heaven responsibility to someone when we have stability.

Thank You.

What kind of help can you give to people who are theives, drug barrons, pedophiles, criminals, terrorists and killers
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 2:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I hope that this won't be another online group? Well, I'm always available for this but it won't stop me(us) from criticizing the ruling party and institutions constructively(very important) when necessary.

Thanks boss

I would like to say that I make things happen when I set my sights on it, unfortunately, this is not about me. This is not an individual fight.
However, I will do everything I can to see a positive change in the Nigerian Political system.

Secondly, nobody stops you from critising the government.
Critism means that you care for the country.
History has it that our critisms only puts them under pressure to make more promises and do nothing else.
I can count a thousand references.
But like I said, anything that will make this country positive is what I stand for.

And I believe you do the same.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

What kind of help can you give to people who are theives, drug barrons, pedophiles, criminals, terrorists and killers

Thanks for your response.
However we are attempting to chose between two evils here.

The question you should ask yourself is: Is it better to start doing something about it or to just sit back and watch them continue stealing.

Thanks.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by tsamson(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
ZUBY77:

The question you should ask yourself is: Is it better to start doing something about it or to just sit back and watch them continue stealing.

Thanks.

hmmm.... Worth the tought...

Lalasticlala
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by tsamson(m): 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
Am thinking..
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by Holyman3(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
This sounds positive.

Lalasticlala
Mukina2
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ichommy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
themilanway:
I'm in support of this.Emmy I see you.
If you like adjust your akube glass cheesy cheesy cheesy
*Adjust Glasses* grin
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by Greyworld: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mr Zuby77 I believe I love the sound of this, this group might begin slowly but with sincere dedication, contructive criticisism it would be heard and from there better things wud follow.

However it won't be easy but I knw its attainable. I wish us goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by theDEVILisHERE: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2015
ZUBY77:

Thanks.

The so called leaders cannot get to those positions without the peoples support

The question you and the people should be asking yourselves is
Why do we enjoy supporting and electing theives, criminals, drug barron, pedophiles, terrorists and killers as leaders
When we know that we are heading no where when such people are our leaders

Only when you guys answer this question sincerely will you start solving your problems
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

The so called leaders cannot get to those positions without the peoples support

The question you and the people should be asking yourselves is
Why do we enjoy supporting and electing theives, criminals, drug barron, pedophiles, terrorists and killers as leaders
When we know that we are heading no where when such people are our leaders

Only when you guys answer this question sincerely will you start solving your problems

Asking such questions online will end up to nothing.
It is one reason I belive we will have a physical group that occasionally educate the youths of the need to be the ones to chart their futures since the custodians has failed us since independence. And they can't seem to let go of power.
If not, I see no reasons why people such as Audu Ogbe even Buhari should still be in active politics by now.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by theDEVILisHERE: 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
ZUBY77:

Asking such questions online will end up to nothing.
It is one reason I belive we will have a physical group that occasionally educate the youths of the need to be the ones to chart their futures since the custodians has failed us since independence. And they can't seem to let go of power.
If not, I see no reasons why people such as Audu Ogbe even Buhari should still be in active politics by now.

Educating the youths is not the solution

The solution is doing and promoting the right thing always and living by example
Youths get inspired and learn by the example of their role models

The more role models you have that reason and act right
The more youths will follow suite
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by jarfarchiks(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2015
We take responsibility do d right thing which is positive criticisim proper youth enlightenment social and early political enrollment practice. Then we take d for fight to them. I have a friend who has a master plan which is to have kids around d nation train them to be lawyers doctors politicians thugs boxers etc and then when dem all in nice offices or placements in d future he timely comes out and take over d country using those offices and positions occupied by his children family and likes. How bout DAT?
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by speedyGonzales: 8:41am On Nov 08, 2015
you vote them in office, they steal your money, but you what to spend time helping them instead of finding way to feed yourself.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by uncjay(m): 2:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
ZUBY77:

Thank You.

Wow dis is great.....I'm 100% interested....

Anything that will move this country forward, I'm in for it.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by ZUBY77(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
We are gathering names at the moment.
The moment it's time for the second phase, we will announce it here.

Please bear in mind that this is not an avenue to make money or quarrel over tribes etc.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by fam24(f): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2015
I'm interested, for d betterment of our nation.
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:22am On Nov 28, 2015
I am inn
Re: Stop Blaming Our Politicians, Let's Help Them. by mozele(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2015
As far as it isn't about rebeling or executing beastly acts, you can count Me in.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Files Fresh Suits Against CCT / Suicide Bomber Hits Muslim Procession In Kano / Photos: Confusion About Buhari's Age: 72, 73 Or 78?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.