Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81611 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Konjour(m): 8:52am On Nov 07, 2015
cumz:

you are just speaking grammar..
Black's are smarter. how come we are still so behind the whites?

Define what you understand to be 'Whites' por favor. Is it just skin deep or does it go way deeper than that? Does the higher IQ levels distribution you claim to be 'White-based' extend itself into mixed race people/Blacks born/bred in those societies? Do you have case studies to butress your claims? Do you consider the Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, Emiratis as whites? And would you also care to explain how being a citizen of a 1st world country or a 3rd world one automatically determines how intelligent you'll be?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Abbey2sam(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

[size=38pt]inferiority, that's your case op [/size]
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by CaptPlanet(m): 8:55am On Nov 07, 2015
OP are u kidding me? I learnt how to speak English when I was a kid, heck I can even do the English, American and German accents upon say I never even cross Seme undecided

Carry this inferiority sh!t go somewhere else.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2015
People talk about whites being smarter than the so-called black man, truth of the matter is "our" wisdom is greater than theirs, they were given worldly wisdom and we were given heavenly wisdom which surpasses everything,the foolishness of Yah is greater than the wisdom of the world, nothing can be compared to divine Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Lakeland4321: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

And also fact.

Black women are ranked the most educated by race and gender.

And also I'm black and I speak 5 languages beating your " superior white man".
Really? Name them, if its not among the UN official languages then they will only be useful for domestic gossip

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Dio1(m): 8:59am On Nov 07, 2015
None of you guys get the Point, the "White man" learnt to speak Hausa and Igbo, albeit Nigerian languages , they're not our Lingua Franca , that's what makes it special. Nigerians in diaspora can speak the languages of the countries they're in , because they don't have a choice.
The white man could have as well decided not to learn igbo or hausa , because English is what he really needs .

How many Nigerians speak other languages apart from theirs?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by AmazonKindle: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian
will you marry me?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by alexov(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2015
As if we don't know how to speak the white man's English or French.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ruggedtimi(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.
he might be a nigerian-oyibo
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by prettyboi1(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2015
What a dull OP.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by galaxy4u2k(m): 9:03am On Nov 07, 2015
plz not us but u
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by prettyboi1(m): 9:04am On Nov 07, 2015
Lakeland4321:
Really? Name them, if its not among the UN official languages then they will only be useful for domestic gossip

"UN official language" still dictated to you by your 'white gods'.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by mandhi(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us,[/i][i][i][/i] they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.
I likes your wite up but the bolded. I don't believe they r pls. God created all of us equal.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2015
We have many blacks that can speak variety of languages,so I don't see any big deal in your story
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by AleAirHub(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2015
Indeed Many Are Very Smarter, It Hardly You See A White Man / Woman That Stay In A Particular Of Nigeria For Quite Number Of Years Without Having Good Understanding Of The Language Of That Locality....
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Konjour(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:
OP, the criteria you used to compare the intelligence or smartness between us and the Whites is deeply flawed.

But all those who are arguing and refusing to accept the fact the Whites are smarter than us on the average, are HYPOCRITES.

Who designed the phone your using at the moment? What of the Internet? Let's start from there. OR are these the truly marks of a people's intelligence or smartness?

Do you mind sharing the credible and fact-driven information database where you got your claims from? Are you saying the US is the most intelligent country based on the IQ levels of the average citizen simply because the World wide web was conceived there? Are you saying South Korea, Canada, Finland, Hungary, Germany and other popular phone manufacturing countries are the most intelligent countries in the world? Based on your deductions, should I conclude that the fact that RIM and the Blackberry brand has been decimated by the Samsung and Apple behemoths indicate that South Koreans, the Japanese and the Americans (irrespective of orientation) are more intelligent than Canadians? Please shed more light on these points. I've rarely come across your level of intelligence and I would like to tap from your sea of wisdom.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Patience is a virtue Jumia free shipping to all states. Ends on Sunday Night! Contact me to place your order!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by francizy(m): 9:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Twaci:
太湖石 故意 你个体森色 undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kinglekan, Twaci is calling you!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Lakeland4321: 9:15am On Nov 07, 2015
prettyboi1:

"UN official language" still dictated to you by your 'white gods'.
Whether you like it or not for some reasons God blessed the caucasian race hence the several inventions, medical breakthroughs and discoveries over the centuries, tbey have shaped the world and continue to. Inspite of the african claim to civilization, we couldnt even have a written language in west Africa before they helped us'. Bros no vex but yes them pass us, if not naija wouldn't have been in a mess today. There are so many other countries that were also colonised but are faring well.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by specco(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2015
What is the big deal? I dont think the Op has stepped out of this country for once..
Wherever you go whether in Germany, France, Spain China and even in Russia you see Nigerians who have lived their a while speaking those languages fluently.
The Op is suffering from acute inferiority complex and tribal hate. I've been in some banking halls where I met some yoruba(women) alhajas chatting away in high decibels not minding other customers around. You should have told your 'smart' story without exposing your hate for Ndigbo.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by agabaI23(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

In terms of learning languages, you can say that they are smarter than the Yorubas and the Hausa. The first thing an Igbo man does in a foreign environment is to learn the language. They sometimes speak better than the natives because they need it for their businesses. You are not entirely right...
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Observant: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:
White men are smarter than us ? There are more blacks in diaspora and we've to learn all their languages plus a foreign language and we cope very well. So I beg to differ.

When say black people are a lost course people don't understand me.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by darlenese(f): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2015
Op u are the only black man that a white man is wiser than undecided

Your opinion is so untrue
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Khd95(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2015
White pple are smarter dan us

Dis op deserves sharia law.

Wats d big deal for whites to speak native nigerian lingo,aftr we ve been flogged nd forced to study theirs while in pry/secondary sch

D only thing dat made sense was how he approached it......evry oda thin na poo

pls if u no how to speak pueto rico,pm asapgrin
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2015
castroevans:
Learning our language to enable them settle is not a criteria to be used in knowing who is smarter, afterall we gat guys abroad who speak their languages pretty well. Yea u can applaud his character but not saying the latter.
smartness he said....there are pple in lagos that will speak french iralo panya chinko without avnt step into murtala.
I qiute agreed with u on his calmness though.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Justicealh3(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2015
[quote author=arabianights post=39747629]Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in [b]HAUSA....

Then, what's His respond, when U ask Him amazing question about how He do learn IGBO?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2015
Dio1:
None of you guys get the Point, the "White man" learnt to speak Hausa and Igbo, albeit Nigerian languages , they're not our Lingua Franca , that's what makes it special. Nigerians in diaspora can speak the languages of the countries they're in , because they don't have a choice.
The white man could have as well decided not to learn igbo or hausa , because English is what he really needs .

How many Nigerians speak other languages apart from theirs?
So, if he needs to do business in the hinterlands of the North and East, he only needs to speak English. Apparently, YOU don't get it.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by adanny01(m): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

I know a Pakistani, born and bred in Kano, schooled in UI and lived in Lag. He speaks English, Pakistani, Hausa, Yoruba and Pidgin English very well and a little of Igbo and French. You dont wanna mess with that guy.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by kinglekan: 9:21am On Nov 07, 2015
francizy:

Kinglekan, Twaci is calling you!

Wah i do again this time na? cry cry
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2015
adanny01:

I know a Pakistani, born and bred in Kano, schooled in UI and lived in Lag. He speaks English, Pakistani, Hausa, Yoruba and Pidgin English very well and a little of Igbo and French. You dont wanna mess with that guy.
Exactly! The Oyinbo in the OP is most likely Pakistani or Lebanese. They plenty well well for Ibadan and many did go to UI. These are businessmen who have been domiciled in Nigeria for long and realize the need to understand the vernaculars. I remember how one of them used to front like he didn't understand Yoruba; he was always listening to conversations and reporting back to management.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Justicealh3(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2015
IGBO self with Money, hmm.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Abimbola29(m): 9:22am On Nov 07, 2015
I wonder how this will help our economic after all my brother had a first class,in German language,yet he speaks yoruba wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Help, Iproo.net Legit Or Scam / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) / DEAL: Purchase Nigerian Instagram/twitter Accounts For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.