Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (81599 Views)

Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
education=indoctrination....educated about what really?

Eh no.

About university. And going to college.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by shota(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .

Why do Nigerians say most Nigerians ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by maestroz: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.

you can lie!...

you saw an albino...

all this preteen children need modern education
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Eh no.

About university. And going to college.
lol....look up the meaning of indoctrination....you are still a child tho cause u don't get what im saying
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ManTiger(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:
Most Nigerians know how to speak English, Yoruba, Igbo and other foreign languages fluently.

I don't understand how a white man speaking Igbo makes him better than a Nigerian .
No mind him, na inferiority complex de worry him.

A friend schooled in Cyprus later moved to Switzerland, it's been 15yrs now and he can speak French, German and Dutch fluently. He said learning this languages is one of the odd problems of his life but had to if he want to settle in. Many wise Nigerians do abroad so also foreigners. Come to satellite town and see how Lebanese dey yarn pidgin, their pidgin sef pass warri own.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
lol....look up the meaning of indoctrination....you are still a child tho cause u don't get what im saying

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine). Indoctrination is a critical component in the transfer of cultures, customs, and traditions from one generation to the next.

what does that have to do with going to college ?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nobody is smarter than me! Everybody is smart in their own way. It's good to be curteous in public, a Deutsch man I met last summer speaks hausa, Arabic, Italian and wollof. No be only you dey understand your language...
arabianights:
Was in the bulk room of a first generation bank and crowd was quite bad ( yet they say no money ).There were some igbo men that had come to deposit quite an amount of money and had been conversing loudly in their dialect not caring that they were been a nuisance.
All of a sudden a white man comes in and the teller receives his cash whilst ignoring the hisses and insults of customers.

The igbo men, trust them started insulting the man and went ahead to add more in their dialect,the white man then,calmly turnsto them and responded to them in IGBO language then went on to add a few more sentences... the whole bulk room kept shut out of shock of course.I turned to him in amazement to ask him on how he learnt igbo and he smiled and responded to me fluently in HAUSA.

Apparently, he had been there before every one else but the account number was wrong and he was told he couldnt make calls in the banking hall, he then went out to make a call and wait for the right account number.On his return,hE went straight to the teller as she had assured him that when he returned ,he wouldnt have to join the queue again.The teller should have explained to all instead of ignoring customers.

Any way my point is that these white men are smatter than us, they learn our languages so as to enable themselves settle in and do business whilst most of us go to their countries and come back the same people we were when we left if not worse.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Indoctrination is the process of inculcating ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or a professional methodology (see doctrine). Indoctrination is a critical component in the transfer of cultures, customs, and traditions from one generation to the next.

what does that have to do with going to college ?
indoctrination is the purpose of college, speaking 5 languages doesn't show intelligence, you guys dont go to college to learn, you go to get certificates to get jobs, question is where are the jobs....going to college dont make you smart, it just means you've mastered what you've been indoctrinated with....anyways i'll leave you alone now with black women being the most educated....yeah right
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by logica(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
The funny thing is, the inferiority complex suffering individuals like the OP are the ones the Oyinbos use to destroy the country. They will then turn around and say "you see why Oyinbo is smarter - our country is a mess".
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
indoctrination is the purpose of college, speaking 5 languages doesn't show intelligence, you guys dont go to college to learn, you go to get certificates to get jobs, question is where are the jobs....going to college dont make you smart, it just means you've mastered what you've been indoctrinated with....anyways i'll leave you alone now with black women being the most educated....yeah right

lol. The OP never claimed they were more intelligent, just smarter. learning lots of languages does make you smart.

Actually i dont know about you but i went to college to learn. Going to college does make you smarter, just not more intelligent.

Thats rubbish if we've mastered what we've been indoctrinated with then wed all be doing the same thing. plus this study was conducted in america where going to college isn't part of culture, especially for black people..

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by viclawz(m): 3:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Thank you lol.

Even though I did go a bit crazy and insulted him a bit.
uwc...lol Its allowed I just like d way u responded.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

lol. The OP never claimed they were more intelligent, just smarter. learning lots of languages does make you smart.

Actually i dont know about you but i went to college to learn. Going to college does make you smarter, just not more intelligent.

Thats rubbish if we've mastered what we've been indoctrinated with then wed all be doing the same thing. plus this study was conducted in america where going to college isn't part of culture, especially for black people..
what did you learn?,i know it was conducted in america, but majority of them can't do nothing about their massa's degrees except reiterate what they've been taught, black women are gonna have it worse, being educated don't mean nothing or guarantee anything, i really don't wanna go nitty-gritty with you but most of them will be disappointed about all the time, govt money, trust and hope they have in their so-called degrees,some of them go to college just to go because it's how the society measures how intelligent you are and some because they wanna make more money which is gonna be short-lived, these black women don't know jack about life, they just wanna work for the white man, get their pay-check, live in a house,2 cars,2 kids and a dog calling it the American dream lol a dream that would soon turn into a nightmare, they are so oblivious to what is going on behind the scene, it would come as a shock to them when they can't even get hand-outs from their white massa men lol
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by damyzino(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
acenazt:
Hhahahahahahhhaha Same old same old. I'm learning German and Japanese

u mean BLACKANESE
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
what did you learn?,i know it was conducted in america, but majority of them can't do nothing about their massa's degrees except reiterate what they've been taught, black women are gonna have it worse, being educated don't mean nothing or guarantee anything, i really don't wanna go nitty-gritty with you but most of them will be disappointed about all the time, govt money, trust and hope they have in their so-called degrees,some of them go to college just to go because it's how the society measures how intelligent you are and some because they wanna make more money which is gonna be short-lived, these black women don't know jack about life, they just wanna work for the white man, get their pay-check, live in a house,2 cars,2 kids and a dog calling it the American dream lol a dream that would soon turn into a nightmare, they are so oblivious to what is going on behind the scene, it would come as a shock to them when they can't even get hand-outs from their white massa men lol

Wow. so you think black people go to college to work for a white person ?

well sorry actually most africans in diaspora usually go back home to africa after they get their degree and then start up something for themselves.

What youre trying to say is that black people cant make it in white peoples country ? my family and i all live in ' white people' countries and were pretty well off if you ask me.

Going to college does make you smarter. if were talking about america everyone knows we dont have to go to college to make things of our lives..

dont be naive, people that think like you are those who think the world is against them. there are tons of black people making it all over the world. and if they can everyone can.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

well sorry actually most africans in diaspora usually go back home to africa after they get their degree and then start up something for themselves.

What youre trying to say is that black people cant make it in white peoples country ? my family and i all live in ' white people' countries and were pretty well off if you ask me.

Going to college does make you smarter. if were talking about america everyone knows we dont have to go to college to make things of our lives..

dont be naive, people that think like you are those who think the world is against them. there are tons of black people making it all over the world. and if they can everyone can.
question ....who set up the educational system? who owns the Corporations you people work for e.g Fortune 500 so-called, she has the nerve to call me naive lol, you just don't know, you really dont know, I'ma see how well-off the world is gonna be when America defaults, again you just don't know, i'm wasting my time responding to you, cause you just dont have a clue, you'll find out in less than a year if the time and degrees spent in acquiring a paper certificate was worth it, you don't even know what it is means to be wealthy, she said well-off, oh my goodness lol...they just dont know bye for now let me watch football
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ipledge10(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

cry cry cry. I wish
now i am regreting that i did not take french serious when i was learning
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by guyXander(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

Don't tell me you're one of those people who believes an English man is absolutely flawless in English?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by favourlove1: 5:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
raayah:

721 like obviously more likes than the post itself. Nice one. N the op kept laying emphacy on IGBO. I tire for some writers. Must they be bias? No big deal cuz I speak spanish french igbo yoruba n housa does that make me any less than d oyinbo?
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
question ....who set up the educational system? who owns the Corporations you people work for e.g Fortune 500 so-called, she has the nerve to call me naive lol, you just don't know, you really dont know, I'ma see how well-off the world is gonna be when America defaults, again you just don't know, i'm wasting my time responding to you, cause you just dont have a clue, you'll find out in less than a year if the time and degrees spent in acquiring a paper certificate was worth it, you don't even know what it is means to be wealthy, she said well-off, oh my goodness lol...they just dont know bye for now let me watch football

There's nothing wrong with the educational system. So why does it matter who set it up ?

What's you people ? Haha stop with the inferiority complex. No one is smarter than anyone. We all have equal potential to be exceptional.

Hahahahahhahahahah I don't know what it means to be wealthy. Lol. Okay smiley. Okay.

You've such a defeatist attitude. That's what will allow you to lack behind in life. I know what a degree can do. My father got his PhD and it has influenced the job he's doing a lot. My uncle got his degree from a very successful cchool of law. His brother manages a very good company in Nigeria. And best believe he achieved that with a degree he worked for. Not by acting like he can't make it anywhere in life because he's black. And yes they had to work ten times harder than the next white person but who cares. They are made.

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2015
ipledge10:
now i am regreting that i did not take french serious when i was learning

Same cry I wish I spoke French.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Malakh: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

There's nothing wrong with the educational system. So why does it matter who set it up ?

What's you people ? Haha stop with the inferiority complex. No one is smarter than anyone. We all have equal potential to be exceptional.

Hahahahahhahahahah I don't know what it means to be wealthy. Lol. Okay smiley. Okay.

You've such a defeatist attitude. That's what will allow you to lack behind in life. I know what a degree can do. My father got his PhD and it has influenced the job he's doing a lot. My uncle got his degree from a very successful cchool of law. His brother manages a very good company in Nigeria. And best believe he achieved that with a degree he worked for. Not by acting like he can't make it anywhere in life because he's black. And yes they had to work ten times harder than the next white person but who cares. They are made.
lack in life you say?, oh boy.....only if you know the meaning of life then you would know that wealth is not a measurement of success, you are still under the elements of life so you wouldn't know what true wealth and what life is all about....the wealth I have in this life is something bill gates can't even touch....let me be, enjoy your wealth and education in this life, don't wanna be distracted again,bye

1 Like

Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
lack in life you say?, oh boy.....only if you know the meaning of life then you would know that wealth is not a measurement of success, you are still under the elements of life so you wouldn't know what true wealth and what life is all about....the wealth I have in this life is something bill gates can't even touch....let me be, enjoy your wealth and education in this life, don't wanna be distracted again,bye

Lol that's good happy for you. But reaching my full potential educationally will help with my wealth. Not only financially but spiritually and emotional and physically. I owe it to myself to become my optimum self.

Anyways enjoy your match. Bye.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by ipledge10(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Same cry I wish I spoke French.
french and Portuguese
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Adortem: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nigerians are very quick to worship the whites,a very good example is the OP,we tend to feel inferior to the whites...
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by bummyla(m): 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
Some People Are Gifted In Languages! God Bless Us Oooooooh!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by arabianights: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Adortem:
Nigerians are very quick to worship the whites,a very good example is the OP,we tend to feel inferior to the whites...
[b]
MY DEAR,AM A RACIST[/b]and unashamed about it . I do not like seeing whites progress in Nigeria especially based on how they treat us in our own country but lets call a spade,a spade, they are smarter.

Accept it, deal with it and move on.... have a nice weekend
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by JayJustus(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
LMAO. No mind am. Soon, Oyinbo man go mess (fart), he will run in here excitedly to tell us the smell was different from Blacks (but nicer). Duh!

hahahahaha...lmao...you're a legend...hahahaha
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by otiigba1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
Malakh:
wow! Man! You are so cynical, try thinking rationally it will do you a lot of good. And how is a house 2 cars and 2 kids not an American dream? How many you do you have? I suppose you have 10 houses 20 children 12 cars angry ode!
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by otiigba1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
YourMain:

Absolutely! Again i agree loads, that individual is more low self esteemed than the op.

Its really sad that people with views like his exists. Perhaps i should put it down as naivety.
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Dio1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
logica:
Abi? Places like Somalia, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Nightmarish places. No wonder you are clueless. I can't say I feel your pain. Ode.
even your kids yet unborn won't be privileged to step foot into those places .
Re: How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank by Adortem: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
arabianights:

[b]
MY DEAR,AM A RACIST[/b]and unashamed about it . I do not like seeing whites progress in Nigeria especially based on how they treat us in our own country but lets call a spade,a spade, they are smarter.

Accept it, deal with it and move on.... have a nice weekend
So,your inference now is because that particular white man you came in contact with could speak igbo and hausa,that made him smarter than us? Don't you see blacks that go to their country and learn their language.Please,stop that inferior thought/mentality,and what led you to be a racist? I hate to blame it on your mentality.By the way I speak French...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Please Help, Iproo.net Legit Or Scam / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) / Adama Indimi And Husband, Malik Ado-Ibrahim Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.