Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,419 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Five Interview Questions You Should Stop Being Scared Of - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Five Interview Questions You Should Stop Being Scared Of (529 Views)

4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study / 14 Interview Questions And Their Best Possible Answers / Self-improvement : 10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Interview Questions You Should Stop Being Scared Of by mailtimi(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
With so much at stake when it comes to finding the right role, it stands to reason that improving your interview technique can be one of the most important things you will ever do.
1. What would your co-workers say about you?

OK, we admit it: some people are just good at interviews. Sometimes, in fact, regardless of their ability to do the job. You could call them lucky (also, probably a lot worse), but somehow they always seem to manage to think on their feet come interview time. If you’re one of these people, we’ve got bad news for you: this question is essentially your Kryptonite.

A classic interview question, this can also trip up the most modest of candidates, who doesn’t feel comfortable singing their own praises. However, always avoid reciting long lists of favourable-sounding adjectives (‘hard-working’, ‘reliable’ and, dare we say, ‘nice’). Testimonials are what recruiters really want.

Use real-life examples to try and give the interviewer a true picture of what you can do.

Right answer: ‘They’d call me dedicated, and goal-orientated. After a recent project, I was nominated for an award by my peers which represented some of the values the business strives for. I’ve also brought along a few testimonials, if you’d like to see them’

Wrong answer: ‘I’m not too sure, to be honest. My co-workers and I aren’t really on speaking terms’
2. What motivates you?

What’s known as a career goal question, the purpose of determining your motivation is surprisingly simple.

Essentially, a recruiter wants to know why you’re applying for the role, and what about it appeals to you. Will this position motivate you to do great work and keep your productivity high? Or are you just in it for the pay cheque?

Think about why you’re applying for the job and what excites you about it. Avoid excessive flattery when answering, and try and build a story as to why you’ve made it to this point in your career. Forming a narrative around your choices will be your key to success, so make sure you’ve properly prepared your story beforehand.

Oh, and if you’re wondering, it is ok to say money, especially for a sales role. Being target-driven never hurt anyone…

Right answer: ‘I went into IT straight out of university, and while I enjoyed helping people solve their computer problems, what really motivated me was when I got to work on projects analysing which software programs best met a company’s needs. I really love translating people’s requirements into technical solutions, and that’s what excites me about this position’.

Wrong answer: ‘I just really need a job’

Read Full Article Here: http://jobs.naijalog.com/dt_info.php?source=&en=2242

(1) (Reply)

How To Look Wealthy To Become Wealthy / Lawyers In The House And Those In The Making Lets Meet Here / Create The Future: A Motivational Piece By Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.