Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Beware Of BVN Fraud! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of BVN Fraud! (758 Views)

BVN Fraudsters Bag Six Months Imprisonment (Photos) / BVN Fraud / Bvn Fraud: My Account Was Emptied After A Call From Customer Care Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of BVN Fraud! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
A close relation of mine got this text today;
Subject:
BVN ROOM
Body:

Dear Customer, Due to the New BVN policy as directed by CBN, Your ATM has just been 'Deactivated', to reactivate, kindly call; Customer Care on; 08188619302, Thanks

This bloody Fraudster almost duped my relative of close to N150,000 had the situation not been discovered on time. They asked for credit card numbers and Bank Verification Details. It was until a text came in to confirm the debit sum using a password that my relative went to her Bank only to find out this was a SCAM.

BEWARE GUYS! Any call/text from any jobless scammer asking you for ANY personal details of yours relating to any of your accounts MUST be ignored. If in doubt go to your bank and report! The stress in going there is worth more than the stress of losing a huge sum!

Meanwhile, I suggest that number be tracked by telecom service providers, so we can fish out the thieves behind this.

Please share this info. It could help someone.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Beware Of BVN Fraud! by samutd4u(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
OK thanks for the update bro
Re: Beware Of BVN Fraud! by jinnclovis(m): 10:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
tanks fr de information.
Re: Beware Of BVN Fraud! by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 07, 2015
welcome guys.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photo: Troops Captures Shiite Leader, Zakzaky, Inflicts Wounds On Him / New System Of Stealing In Lagos / Mass Grave Of Shiites Killed In Army Raids Found In Kaduna State, See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.