Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser (799 Views)

Human Arm And Leg Found In A Crocodile's Belly In Indonesia (Photos) / Wandering Crocodile Captured On The Street Of Lagos (Video) / Crocodile Caught Inside Lekki Flood (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by Bigajeff(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nigerian teenage brother Osine Ikhianosime (13) and Anesi Ikhianosime (15) have developed an Android web browser, Crocodile Browser Lite, which has been well received on Google’s playstore.
The free browser, describedas “Intuitive, Clean and Fast” browser for feature and low-end phones currently has 40, 000 downloads. The teenage brothers say they decided to create the web browser because, “We were fed up with Google Chrome,” according to Vanguard.
The duo developed a keen interest in technology and communication at a tender age.
Osine says his interest in computers and communications began at age seven, telling Vanguard that it was at this age that he and Anesi, who was nine at the time, came up with the idea of starting a company.
Both brothers write code and Anesi designs the user interface. The two eventually started the company which they called BluDoors.
The self-taught coding geek Anesi says: “I learnt to code by myself. I started in 2013, I used sites like Code Academy, Code Avengers and books like ‘Android for Game Development’ and ‘Games for Dummies’,” Vanguard reports. Osine on the other hand had a knack for computers at an early age.
The Crocodile Browser Lite app has been well received, with positive ratingson Google. The app currently has 2,517 reviews, receiving a five star rating 1,915 times.
A user, Ichiyoruwrote: “It’s so fast. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something load so fast in my entire life! It’s like an Internet dream!”. Zach the DualVissionwrote on Google playstore: “Seems like a good browser for lower end phones or phones on slow networks. It is really fast and has no extra bells or whistles. It runs tabs continuously which is good if you’re watching videos”.
The duo is currently working on a new projectcalled “Project CrocChat and it is our first entry in the peer -to- peer communication space”
http://nigeriacamera.net/nigerian-teens-create-super-fast-android-web-browser/

Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by asvpChuu(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Old gist

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by campustv(m): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
asvpChuu:
Old gist since 2014
Check Vanguard Post of Today, Mr Current Affair
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/two-teen-brothers-build-mobile-web-browser/
Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by campustv(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mod: Lalasticalala Frontpage Material
Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by asvpChuu(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
campustv:

Check Vanguard Post of Today, Mr Current Affair
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/two-teen-brothers-build-mobile-web-browser/
like I said..... Old gist according to ur link.. May 28.. Why post it now??
Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by khalhokage(m): 4:06am On Nov 07, 2015
Really old gist, it has been on front-page of this Nairaland in the past sef.
Re: Nigerian Teenager Create Superfast Crocodile Android Browser by Rafob(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truly very fast but should improve the font size too

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Dangerous Computer Virus In History / New Facebook Page Template For Non-profit Coming June 20. / How To Choose A Wireless Router?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.