Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,578 members, 7,850,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko (848 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / INTERVIEW: Junaid Is Preparing Ground For Another Civil War – Elliot Uko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko by RawJooh: 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Founder of the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) and Deputy Secretary of the Igbo Leaders of Thought (ILT), Evangelist Elliot Uko, in this interview, spoke on why re-living Biafra Republic is attractive to Igbo youths and the need to urgently restructure the country into true fiscal federalism among others.

What is your comment on former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s recent statement that the people agitating for Biafra are criminals, miscreants and scammers?

For Obasanjo to say that is tragic. I don’t know whether he’s deliberately being mischievous because he should know that the agitation for Biafra is a potential threat, a big time-bomb, not just for the territorial integrity of Nigeria but also for peace in the entire West Africa. Any crisis in Nigeria will reverberate all over the West African sub-region. The refugee problem alone will cripple the economies of all the West African nations. No amount of peace-keeping forces from the United Nations will keep peace in Nigeria because of it’s size and population. That is why it must be avoided at all cost.

The Biafran issue is not about Ralph Uwazurike, Nnamdi Kanu or any individual. I formed my first organization, as a teenager, Igbo Youth Congress, at Delimina Restaurant, 12 Adelabu, in Uwani, Enugu in 1981, 34 years ago. And I know that the most emotional and easiest formula to spark interest and followership among Igbo Youths is the dream to re-live Biafra Republic. They find it so attractive because they believe that not only is Nigeria drawing them backwards but also that they will never get justice in Nigeria due to the envy and hatred of some ethnic groups towards Ndigbo.

At one of our meetings, in the early 80s, we took a vote, and over 80 per cent of the youths voted that we should take up arms to fight for Biafra, 34 years ago.

Read more from RAW GLOBAL NEWS via http://www.rawglobalnews.com/news/nigeria-must-take-agitation-for-biafra-seriously-elliot-uko/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko by moderation2020: 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
RawJooh:
Founder of the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) and Deputy Secretary of the Igbo Leaders of Thought (ILT), Evangelist Elliot Uko, in this interview, spoke on why re-living Biafra Republic is attractive to Igbo youths and the need to urgently restructure the country into true fiscal federalism among others.

What is your comment on former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s recent statement that the people agitating for Biafra are criminals, miscreants and scammers?

For Obasanjo to say that is tragic. I don’t know whether he’s deliberately being mischievous because he should know that the agitation for Biafra is a potential threat, a big time-bomb, not just for the territorial integrity of Nigeria but also for peace in the entire West Africa. Any crisis in Nigeria will reverberate all over the West African sub-region. The refugee problem alone will cripple the economies of all the West African nations. No amount of peace-keeping forces from the United Nations will keep peace in Nigeria because of it’s size and population. That is why it must be avoided at all cost.

The Biafran issue is not about Ralph Uwazurike, Nnamdi Kanu or any individual. I formed my first organization, as a teenager, Igbo Youth Congress, at Delimina Restaurant, 12 Adelabu, in Uwani, Enugu in 1981, 34 years ago. And I know that the most emotional and easiest formula to spark interest and followership among Igbo Youths is the dream to re-live Biafra Republic. They find it so attractive because they believe that not only is Nigeria drawing them backwards but also that they will never get justice in Nigeria due to the envy and hatred of some ethnic groups towards Ndigbo.

At one of our meetings, in the early 80s, we took a vote, and over 80 per cent of the youths voted that we should take up arms to fight for Biafra, 34 years ago.

Read more from RAW GLOBAL NEWS via http://www.rawglobalnews.com/news/nigeria-must-take-agitation-for-biafra-seriously-elliot-uko/

the reasons y d zooism country have not taken us seriously is because amunition have not fallen into our hands.
But one promise to zoology department is dat any day amunition fall in2 our hands, then it will be too late for true negotiation.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko by Fash20: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
moderation2020:

the reasons y d zooism country have not taken us seriously is because amunition have not fallen into our hands.
But one promise to zoology department is dat any day amunition fall in2 our hands, then it will be too late for true negotiation.
I just pity your women and children
Re: Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko by jumper524(m): 1:33am On Nov 07, 2015
moderation2020:

owk na ammunition una dey find abi? Issokay
Re: Nigeria Must Take Agitation For Biafra Seriously – Elliot Uko by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:16am On Nov 07, 2015
Fake agitation, it will fail yakata it's another way to make Nigeria un-governable. Nobody is denying Ndigbo secession they should follow the right channel. No responsible person among those calling for Biafra. If Ndigbo can put their hands together and have a good representation who will force them to be Nigerians? nobody, already Nigeria is tired of them. We are looking for away to rebuild a country with less criminals. Biafra agitation shake nobody, but follow the right channels. We don't want you anymore.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Protesting Peacefully And Still 2 People Were Killed See Video / President Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios / Biafra: Little Mosquito Perched Delicately On Nigeria's Scrotum...sharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.