Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids (1352 Views)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by REALTRUTH1: 2:57pm On May 13, 2009
WIFE SNATCHING: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids
May 12, 2009 14:54, 568 views

By Cyriacus Izuekwe
A distraught man, whose wife was snatched by his friend, has asked the friend to keep his wife, but return his children.

Already, the middle-aged man, Daniel Onyekachi, whose wife was snatched, has dragged his friend, Obasi Bartholomew Ogbonaya, to Ejigbo Magistrate’s Court, presided over by Mrs. M. I. Dan-Oni, to seek redress. Obasi, who is not yet married, accommodated Daniel, his wife and four children in his house, but later chased out Daniel and allowed only the wife and kids to stay. This happened after Daniel allegedly discovered that Obasi was sleeping with his wife.

Testifying before the court, Daniel said he packed into Obasi’s flat at 4, Sola Kayode Street, Fayebile Estate, Isheri Oshun, a suburb of Lagos, and that not quite long after, Obasi started sleeping with his wife. He told the court that he got to know about the amorous relationship when the eldest of his children, Victor, informed him that “brother” (the name they call Obasi) was taking their mom out and buying gifts for them.

He said after his son informed him about the relationship, he kept a tab on his wife and the suspect and soon discovered that she was washing Obasi’s clothes, including his underwear. “Soon after this discovery, my wife’s attitude towards me changed,” he added. Daniel said that efforts to make his wife retrace her steps angered Obasi who subsequently threw him out of the house. He said he contacted his wife’s mother who visited them and explained everything to her. This led to an exchange of words in the flat and the defendant threw him out of the house and he slept in the street.

“Since then, he has prevented me from entering the house. I only send feeding money to my wife and children,’’ he said. Daniel said every effort to take back his wife and children was frustrated by Obasi until the defendant’s relatives asked him to report the matter to the police. He reported the matter at the Isheri Oshun police station and when Obasi discovered that Daniel was taking steps to take back his family, he took them to an unknown destination.

“The police intervention failed because he refused to disclose where he kept them. And when I pleaded with him to take my wife and give me back my children, he refused,” Daniel said. Obasi is facing prosecution for abduction. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge and was granted bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties. The accused was remanded in the Kirikiri Maximum Prison because none of his relatives could bail him. The matter has been adjourned till 27 May, 2009, for further hearing.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/05/12/wife-snatching-man-asks-friend-to-take-his-wife-but-return-his-kids
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 13, 2009
if you cant provide a roof over the head of your family then you should be ready to take the consequences like a man!!!!!
I like the way they write "snatching" like the wife didnt want it or something like that. the wife is as much to blame as the husband OR lover boy!
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by Outstrip(f): 11:24pm On May 13, 2009
First of all why would any man go to such length including jail time to hold on to another man's children. There are only two reason I can think of
1. The children really are Mr Obasi's
2. He is trying to protect an abused woman
The fact that he was following his wife and still never caught them cheating tells me that it might be all in his head also.
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by xavier3(m): 11:36pm On May 13, 2009
chei the guy enta kirikiri bcoz of woman undecided undecided

i sure say dat woman no fine sef.

omo i can lyk cross oceans and mountains even enta hellfire 4 1 sec bcoz of babe i dey pursue. But enta kirikiri, no way grin grin
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by REALTRUTH1: 2:02am On May 14, 2009
The truth is that a lot of marriages are messed up to day because people failed to use there Heads when they were suppose to do so,,The fact that a man looses his job does'nt mean that the wife should,nt be able to hold sway for the mean time until things turns around for the man.
I have always advocated that no man should marry a woman who does not have a job or a trade to support the home front.If DNA is carried out on many children in Nigeria, we would be surprised at the different men that fathered the purported children of most homes.
These things happens for real,,some guys find the pleasure sleeping with their friends girl friend or wives,,and some women too also finds pleasure in sleeping with their husband friends viz-a-via their husband.
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by ifyalways(f): 4:27am On May 14, 2009
How is he sure that the children are his sef undecided
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by REALTRUTH1: 12:26am On May 15, 2009
ifyalways:

How is he sure that the children are his sef undecided
Most people don't know who their father is/are,,,its only a woman that can truly tell who they father of child is,,I don see many gbeke for man and woman wahala.
Re: Wife Snatching: Man Asks Friend To Take His Wife But Return His Kids by prittigrrr(f): 2:29pm On May 16, 2009
Mama's baby, papa's maybe, (we say this in the US)

(1) (Reply)

marry a blind man? Uncommon Love / New Ultra Slim Sleek Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices / Man Sues Wife For Being Awfully Ugly, Gets Awarded $120,000 In Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.