Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? (422 Views)

The Occupy Nigeria 2016, Political Interest Or Secession Movement? / Pdp Stakeholders You Must Accept Dialogue Or Face Mass Protest. / Falae: Yoruba Leaders Threaten Secession From Nigeria If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2015
My question is meant for the lovers of Biafra, Agitators and those that have interest in Biafra. Now, supposing the Nigerian Govt proposes a dialogue with Biafran leaders as regards their grievances and what they want from the govt so as the maintain peace and Unity in the Country, or to grant them their request for secession? which is really the best option?
#IAMADEMOCRAT.
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by maxxx(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2015
From my deductions the least that will be acceptable to ipob or massob is regionalism or autonomy of SE Like in the UK(Scotland and wales.).my 2 cents oh.
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by speedyGonzales: 10:05am On Nov 08, 2015
autonomy is very good for all parts... the north won't agree to it.
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2015
maxxx:
From my deductions the least that will be acceptable to ipob or massob is regionalism or autonomy of SE Like in the UK(Scotland and wales.).my 2 cents oh.
a nice point you just made , Man.
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:
autonomy is very good for all parts... the north won't agree to it.
buh why won't they?
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by Scout60(m): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:
. . . . buh why won't they?
check the list of poorest state nd u will c y
Re: Biafra. Dialogue Or Secession? by speedyGonzales: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:

buh why won't they?

due to economic reasons and the north's backwardness that's why... the British knew what the did when the left much of the administration of the country to the north, thereby putting us in this constant state of backwardness and because they benefit a lot with their companies like "Shell" working in Nigeria. the south are still paying for the north's deficit till today!

Southern Nigeria was joined with Northern Nigeria Protectorate to form the single colony of Nigeria. The unification was done for economic reasons rather than political—Northern Nigeria Protectorate had a budget deficit; and the colonial administration sought to use the budget surpluses in Southern Nigeria to offset this deficit.

(1) (Reply)

We Made A Mistake Fielding Jonathan – PDP / Power Supply :The Agony We Are Facing In Our Area / Photos From A Thanksgiving Service 2 Mark Gov Fayose's 55th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.