Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

God(s) And Our Ignorance - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God(s) And Our Ignorance (4409 Views)

Our Ignorance Is God / Collection Of Thought Patterns That Created God(s) Idea / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by abduljabbar4(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Oh so did Nostradamus and the bible too.. these events said to be prophesized have all being happening even before your prophets.. You are just linking events to mean prophecy of your prophet to instigate correctness.. Thats another claim.

Let me make my own prophecy now.:
" Soon a great ram will fight another ram and the world will hear about it"

Sometimes two countries will fight, then surely my prophecy of two great rams fighting must be said to have come to pass..

Oh the enlarged is so so true and is a very good one at that. . . there are many things we cannot provide proof for or against their existentiality and i see no reason why we should assume since we don't know..

You cannot prove if a flying diamond horned Cow exists or if there is a house of clear cut diamond somewhere, neither can you disprove there is..

I absolutely see no reason why you should then assume there is...

But if you ever assert there is then you must be ready to provide empirical substantiation for your claim

Well, you see, as much as i believe there is God, Allah, i have to confess there is no way i or anybody can really convince you about His existence if you are not ready to believe but you can also not prove that He doesnt exist. So its all about belief. Since you dont believe in His existence, its ur own cup of tea na. I see no reason for this argument. The christians think they are always right thats why you frequently end up arguing with christians alone

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Well, you see, as much as i believe there is God, Allah, i have to confess there is no way i or anybody can really convince you about His existence if you are not ready to believe but you can also not prove that He doesnt exist.

As a matter of fact the onus remains on the claimant not the one who doubts the claim..

I might claim to believe or even assert i have a flying blue diamond dog tied to the back of my door now..

You only have to disbelieve me not produce proof that i don't, Because honestly you can''t provide proof that i don't have the flying diamond dog.

The weight and responsibility is on me who is claiming to own such a dog to provide proof of it, if i can't then it remains an unfounded claim and so tantamount to nothing in actuality..

So its all about belief.

Exactly the point and it is also ok to point out to you that BELIEF doesn't make anything true anymore than not believing it makes it a lie.

That i believe there is a white tea pot filled with hot coffee orbiting Neptune right now doesn't make it true.

Since you dont believe in His existence, its ur own cup of tea na. I see no reason for this argument. The christians think they are always right thats why you frequently end up arguing with christians alone

I have always noticed muslims to be quite reserved about engaging atheists on this board, they don't open threads to bash atheists or dabble into threads that takes an atheistic tilt but christians always does that at the end of the day end up crying that they are victims of atheistic attacks.

Like Malvisguy who took this thread as an attack on his religion when the thread never mentioned any religion or specific God concept as a basis of point

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by kingkaspa: 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
alright. So please stop misinterpreting the christian faith. Ask questions what you do not know, if I cannot answer , some of my christians brethren may answer. Peace!
I am not misinterpreting any Christian faith. The OP never mention any specific religion.

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by abduljabbar4(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

As a matter of fact the onus remains on the claimant not the one who doubts the claim..

I might claim to believe or even assert i have a flying blue diamond dog tied to the back of my door now..

You only have to disbelieve me not produce proof that i don't, Because honestly you can''t provide proof that i don't have the flying diamond dog.

The weight and responsibility is on me who is claiming to own such a dog to provide proof of it, if i can't then it remains an unfounded claim and so tantamount to nothing in actuality..

Exactly the point and it is also ok to point out to you that BELIEF doesn't make anything true anymore than not believing it makes it a lie.

That i believe there is a white tea pot filled with hot coffee orbiting Neptune right now doesn't make it true.

I have always noticed muslims to be quite reserved about engaging atheists on this board, they don't open threads to bash atheists or dabble into threads that takes an atheistic tilt but christians always does that at the end of the day end up crying that they are victims of atheistic attacks.

Like Malvisguy who took this thread as an attack on his religion when the thread never mentioned any religion or specific God concept as a basis of point

You are 100% right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by UyiIredia(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
johnydon22:

I have many times discussed with theistic people both religious and irreligious and many times have been about the existence of God or Gods.

One thing is very clear, all the arguments i have seen from the believers side is always banked on "IGNORANCE of men"

This line of argument not only is it shallow has also betrayed a sort of incuriosity in ascertaining empirically the actuality of these events of phenomenas man has not yet known or explained.

You see something like.

- How was the world created? Since you can't explain it then God did it..

People were right since they rightly saw that there was an invisible realm that governed the physical realm. They were right since ultimately all things in the world were caused (good or bad) by God. Now they were wrong about lot of things eg spontaneous generation but that didn't mean they didn't make inquiries. We are talking about people who established agriculture, civilizations, writing etc.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by Richirich713: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Why should God prove to us he exists, look at the fine tuning of the universe, God created work already proves he exists.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
herald9:

shooo! This is ridiculous!

Satan have been reported many times in the bible to have sat over a bottle of beer with your god in heaven, discussing the fate of humans... Such as in the story of Job.

So if Satan could see your god, see all his acclaimed glories and communicated one on one with him but still became an atheist... YOU HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE WORRIED!

The real meaning of athiest is not a disbelief in the existence of God and the supernatural, but a desire or an attempt to be independent of God.

Anyone that claim to be independent of God is an athiest.

The phrase "Atheism" is just a metaphor for unbelief.

Athiest are unbelievers, and no unbelievers shall inherit the kingdom of Heaven.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by BETATRON(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
HCpaul:
I believe that you are independent of God, but i don't think that you are independent of the devil.

At some level, satan is also an athiest.

Jonnydon! Why did you believe what the bible says and you still claim that there is no God.

The bible talked about the earth and you believed it.

The bible talked about death and you believed in it because you see people dying.

Keep decieving yourself. You are not an athiest but a backslider.

Have never seen bill gate quoting the scripture, and yet he is an athiest.

Challenging the saints with the scripture is a manifestation of loosing one salvation.
You was once found but lost.
what's this one saying??
Address the issue and stop barking,,that's the first sign of defeat
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
BETATRON:
what's this one saying?? Address the issue and stop barking,,that's the first sign of defeat
by their fruit we shall know them.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by malvisguy212: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
kingkaspa:
I am not misinterpreting any Christian faith. The OP never mention any specific religion.
alright.
abduljabbar4:

What air did you clear in that stup!d post?
can you provide a verse in the bible were God indicate, we are to believe without questions?
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
UyiIredia:

People were right since they rightly saw that there was an invisible realm that governed the physical realm. They were right since ultimately all things in the world were caused (good or bad) by God. Now they were wrong about lot of things eg spontaneous generation but that didn't mean they didn't make inquiries. We are talking about people who established agriculture, civilizations, writing etc.

This is why evolution theory is junk ." Cave men" who lacked any sense of reasoning could understand that a being who is eternal is responsible for the creation of life ? They wrote stories figuratively to relate or describe the experiences they encountered . Their "primitive writings" are still very much relevant even till today . Their architectural works -in Greece , India , Egypt name it- are really astounding . As you said they had established agriculture , civilizations , writings . And merchandise across continents . Primitive men ? I think not .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by tosyne2much(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2015
An article like this can lure someone into believing there's no God

As for me, any article that talks about the inexistence of God, is a bull crap to me

3 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:

As for me, any article that talks about the inexistence of God, is a bull crap to me

Hahahahaha nice and noble sentiment but am sure the post was not about the existence or inexistence of any God..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by hahn(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:

Apparently, you don't understand what was written there. That is if you even read it undecided
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by tosyne2much(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahaha nice and noble sentiment but am sure the post was not about the existence or inexistence of any God..

Hahaha cheesy

You won't believe I didn't even read before commenting cheesy
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by tosyne2much(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

Apparently, you don't understand what was written there. That is if you even read it undecided
Make I no lie, I no read the write-up cheesy
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by hahn(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
Make I no lie, I no read the write-up cheesy

Obviously undecided

Cc: johnnydon22
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hahaha cheesy

You won't believe I didn't even read before commenting cheesy
hahn:

Obviously undecided
Cc: johnnydon22

Lol..

It's not a surprise, many people on Niaraland don't read the post before commenting, they just read the topic and the comments..

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by hahn(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol..

It's not a surprise, many people on Niaraland don't read the post before commenting, they just read the topic and the comments..

Tell me about it undecided

Some don't even read their own comments undecided
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by tosyne2much(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol..

no mind me jawe cheesy

You know the write-up is voluminous cool
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
no mind me jawe cheesy

Am sure it's worth reading, you can give it a try and if you have an argument against it worth discussing. i'd really love to hear it and possibly engage ... wink

1 Like

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by hahn(m): 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
tosyne2much:
no mind me jawe cheesy

Typical of johnydon22. His comments on some threads are enough to start another thread entirely undecided

Fortunately, he makes sense grin
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by Feraz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
HCpaul:

Animals of the same mentality.
What is nice about the write up? Silly...
HCpaul:

You may call me a fool, but i know what am doing.

The bible said that God uses the foolish things of this world to comfound the wise.

Your wisdom can still send you to hell.
You know, it is responses like these that make people tag Christians like us fanatics.

Let us not use our ignorance as a butter to eat unfounded assumptions.... - Johnydon22

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by HCpaul(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Feraz:

You know, it is responses like these that make people tag Christians like us fanatics.

But sometimes, we have to rebuke this people before they listen.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by tosyne2much(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

Typical of johnydon22. His comments on some threads are enough to start another thread entirely undecided

Fortunately, he makes sense grin

I will stop commenting on threads then tongue
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
This is ishhhhh
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by byteHead(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by ValentineMary(m): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Some atheists peddle Evolution as science and cannot explain why we evolved certain features instead it is seen or described as an 'evolutionary need' - evolution-of-the-gaps also known as "evolution did it ". Should we call them ignorant too ?

Please I need an honest "yes" or "no" answer and then your reason . Thanks bro
I would have ignored u but I can't stand seeing such ignorance due to religion. Evolution is not a person that does things, it is a gradual process of adaptation and modification. If we were arguing on evolution 50 years ago, I would tell u that I have no proof of it but in 2015, there is more than enough proof to show that Darwin was right. First of all archeological findings of animals inbetween apes and humans (either homo erectus, homo nadalis) but these animals are no longer in existence and moreover they are neither ape nor man. So where did they go? "Evolution did it".
Have u ever wondered why penicilin no longer kills malaria? let me explain 4 u. Penicilin desrupts the enzyme serine protease glycopeptide transferase which is essential in cell plasma synthesis of Plasmodium Falciparium. But after some years, the plasmodium Falciparium discovered an altrnative pathway to making plasma membrane thus passing this procedure to their offspring through DNA. This is a good example of modification and adoration. So my dear u obviously have a lot of reading to do before u assume that ur deity did it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
ValentineMary:
I would have ignored u but I can't stand seeing such ignorance due to religion. Evolution is not a person that does things, it is a gradual process of adaptation and modification. If we were arguing on evolution 50 years ago, I would tell u that I have no proof of it but in 2015, there is more than enough proof to show that Darwin was right. First of all archeological findings of animals inbetween apes and humans (either homo erectus, homo nadalis) but these animals are no longer in existence and moreover they are neither ape nor man. So where did they go? "Evolution did it".
Have u ever wondered why penicilin no longer kills malaria? let me explain 4 u. Penicilin desrupts the enzyme serine protease glycopeptide transferase which is essential in cell plasma synthesis of Plasmodium Falciparium. But after some years, the plasmodium Falciparium discovered an altrnative pathway to making plasma membrane thus passing this procedure to their offspring through DNA. This is a good example of modification and adoration. So my dear u obviously have a lot of reading to do before u assume that ur deity did it.

Evolution of the gaps ? We can't explain why but we are sure evolution did it - DOGMA . Thanks for confirming that smiley
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by Joshthefirst(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Even though im a Muslim, i think the op won this argument. But take for example, prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) gave us signs of end time and many other things that were not existing during his time and now we are seeing it and many other things. Both the christians and the op are only wasting their time. None of you can provide a clear evidence of whether God exists or not. Its all about belief
No body needs to provide any sort of evidence of whether God exists, because its encoded in our consciousness that he exists. it is also encoded in us that he is the one who created what we see around us. the creator is proof of the creation. simple. I now firmly believe it is a useless endeavor to go around trying to prove God's existence.

Let us focus on other issues, like exposing the flaws and illogic idiosyncrasies of irrational beliefs instead of chasing our tails on the obvious issues of Gods existence.
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by donnffd(m): 6:49am On Nov 18, 2015
johnydon22:

First evolution is a Scientific theory..

I have read the evolutionary mechanism and find it to be quite drastically different from what both you and most atheists on this board make it out to be.

Many have taken evolutionary theory as an immutable dogma that must be believed in the explanation of human development and therefore tend to lean towards evolution as a form of belief instead of a scientific enquiry...

On the part of many on this board "Yes" it is used as another dogma to replace religious dogmas and distanced from what it actually is which is Subject of scientific enquiry..

Hi johnydon22, nice writeup but I think u ar confused about evolution. Evolution is a scientific fact, all manner of studies says so including genetics, what is the theory is the mechanisms of evolution... That's why it's called the theory of evolution BY Natural selection and that is the best explanation so far of how organisms evolved from other organisms
Re: God(s) And Our Ignorance by johnydon22(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2015
donnffd:

Hi johnydon22, nice writeup but I think u ar confused about evolution. Evolution is a scientific fact, all manner of studies says so including genetics,

Maybe you should have checked the meaning of Theory..

Theories are accepted principles or set of principles that explains an observed fact or facts..

evolution theory is a theory that explains the facts of natural selection, mutation and adaptation mechanism in the development of biological organisms..

what is the theory is the mechanisms of evolution...

Evolutionary mechanisms or should i say trend is far more complex than people make it out to be.

Here people make it out to be a form of chain-like pattern of transition which it is not, it entails a complex more like a web-like pattern of biological distinctions and development..

That's why it's called the theory of evolution BY Natural selection and that is the best explanation so far of how organisms evolved from other organisms
Good..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophetic Declaration For The Year 2021 / Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? / How Romance With Gospel Singer,sinach Crashed Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.